Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

for a porkchop
Jan 10, 2007
Got a birthday coming up and wondered if anyone had any opinions on gear/set ups for wireless guitar and wireless in-ear monitors. Looking more at midrange quality/pricing, but will take anything into consideration if you rave about it.

vvv Nothing.

for a porkchop fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I play the piano for fun, but because sheet music is sparse and I can't sight-read anyway, I learn songs from guitar tablature. However, certain aspects of guitar don't translate well into piano. In this case, I'm referring to the Xs that occasionally pop up in tabs.

From what I know about guitar tabs, the X means "strum the string without touching the fret for it" (that could be wrong, but for these purposes, it doesn't matter). What I do want to know, however, is what should I play on the piano when I see an X in the tabs?

Ninja Toast!
Apr 22, 2009

Alvarez IV posted:

I play the piano for fun, but because sheet music is sparse and I can't sight-read anyway, I learn songs from guitar tablature. However, certain aspects of guitar don't translate well into piano. In this case, I'm referring to the Xs that occasionally pop up in tabs.

From what I know about guitar tabs, the X means "strum the string without touching the fret for it" (that could be wrong, but for these purposes, it doesn't matter). What I do want to know, however, is what should I play on the piano when I see an X in the tabs?

To explain the "nothing", if it's x'd that means it's muted with the fretting fingers in some way. You likely wont hear anything of it if it's part of a chord.

If it's by itself, its pick raking, which makes a percussive clickish noise...so make something up piano wise or don't play it.

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."
Yeah, x in tablature usually means left hand muting. Sometimes it means certain strings aren't meant to sound within a chord (as with many jazz chords), other times it's used for percussive effect with heavy right hand strumming.

In the first case you can just omit those notes. In the second case there are substitutions that can work–– a suitable chord from the progression of the song might be appropriate. In others bashing a cluster a few times can be a better fit.

I'm a little confused by your saying sheet music is "sparse" though. Do you mean just within your preferred genre?

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

for a porkchop posted:

Got a birthday coming up and wondered if anyone had any opinions on gear/set ups for wireless guitar and wireless in-ear monitors. Looking more at midrange quality/pricing, but will take anything into consideration if you rave about it.

vvv Nothing.

I'd like to second this with some specifics: Any wireless guitar set-up less than $150 that's even worth purchasing?

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Ferrous Wheel posted:

I looked at Warmoth and USACG and googled around and haven't seen anyone offering a 30" scale replacement neck. I'd love to keep the current neck on but it's been semi-professionally made fretless and the first few fret positions just may not be playable. The other issue is that I'm not sure how consistent the neck pockets on these early 70s Musicmasters are. I'd love to have the option of a ready-made replacement if one exists.

*I can't find drop-in replacements for any of the hardware either, incidentally. The tuners have no bushings and a smaller diameter than the standard type. The bridge can probably swapped for a Hipshot with the narrowest spacing they make.

Unfortunately, a lot of builders don't really make short-scale necks. Scour ebay for Danelectro Longhorn, Bronco Bass, and Hamer bass necks. They usually go from $100~$200.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Ferrous Wheel posted:

Anyone know of a company that makes replacement shortscale bass necks? I have a '71 Musicmaster that used to belong to my brother (he never took to it) and there's a chance the neck is beyond help. I still need to raise the action at the nut and see about replacing the bridge and/or tuners*. Poor thing may get it's own thread depending on how much fixing up has to be done.

I looked at Warmoth and USACG and googled around and haven't seen anyone offering a 30" scale replacement neck. I'd love to keep the current neck on but it's been semi-professionally made fretless and the first few fret positions just may not be playable. The other issue is that I'm not sure how consistent the neck pockets on these early 70s Musicmasters are. I'd love to have the option of a ready-made replacement if one exists.

*I can't find drop-in replacements for any of the hardware either, incidentally. The tuners have no bushings and a smaller diameter than the standard type. The bridge can probably swapped for a Hipshot with the narrowest spacing they make.

Before you buy any replacements, have a local luthier look at it and ask for an estimate to get the bass in playable condition - not collector-grade. A refret isn't that a big deal, and even if the neck is warped beyond what you could fix with a trussrod adjustment they can often get it back to playable with heat treatment. If the hardware is functional, I wouldn't replace any of it; just clean it up.

Those Musicmasters are great bassguitars, like most shortscales; better hang on to it.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5VwPfyEq3w

how does he get those dead x notes to sound so 'chk'-y? Mine sound far less accentuated and are sometimes inaudible.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5VwPfyEq3w

how does he get those dead x notes to sound so 'chk'-y? Mine sound far less accentuated and are sometimes inaudible.

palm muting, delay, magic.

Col.Kiwi
Dec 28, 2004
And the grave digger puts on the forceps...
Yeah. Short delay, palm muting, pretty compressed sounding dirt. Careful technique. The delay has a LOT to do with it, although it's all important.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
It should be noted that John Petrucci almost exclusively uses digital delays, which explains why the delayed notes are indistinguishable from the played notes. He also has an always-on compressor that changes from time to time (nowadays it's a TC something or other, but it used to be a dbx 266).

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."

Side Effects posted:

Unfortunately, a lot of builders don't really make short-scale necks. Scour ebay for Danelectro Longhorn, Bronco Bass, and Hamer bass necks. They usually go from $100~$200.

Those can all be relied upon to fit the neck pocket? That would be very convenient if true.

Underflow posted:

Before you buy any replacements, have a local luthier look at it and ask for an estimate to get the bass in playable condition - not collector-grade. A refret isn't that a big deal, and even if the neck is warped beyond what you could fix with a trussrod adjustment they can often get it back to playable with heat treatment. If the hardware is functional, I wouldn't replace any of it; just clean it up.

Those Musicmasters are great bassguitars, like most shortscales; better hang on to it.

Refretting this one would be a little harder than usual because the fret tangs were left in as lines. I don't even know how but they were. I actually really like it as a fretless and the neck doesn't seem too warped, but some of the rattling I hear might be trussrod. I'm also thinking of restringing with nylon tape-wound strings to reduce the tension on the neck even more.

I just figured it would be easier if I could buy a new neck to make it more playable and stable for the time being, and put the original back on whenever the time came. The pickup is the one part I have no interest in returning to original, since the original was bullshit. My current plan is a Dimarzio BC-2. The look is relatively close to the old closed-cover strat pickups so I won't feel too bad.

And I do plan to hang onto it, which is why putting in decent tuners wouldn't bother me all that much. I want to be able to play this thing all the time.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Ferrous Wheel posted:

Those can all be relied upon to fit the neck pocket? That would be very convenient if true.

The Bronco Bass is another short scale Fender bass, so at least a neck from one of those should fit. The Longhorn has a heel width of 2-3/16s inches which means that it will fit a standard fender neck pocket, but will be 10mm smaller width wise. Longhorn necks also don't come with mounting holes, so you'd need to drill them.

I don't know about Hamer necks though, my bass player buddy said you should look into those.

Edit: I'd also like to add that a really tight fitting neck pocket isn't so much of a tone or strength issue than a cosmetic one. So long as the four bolts holding the neck on are solid the neck isn't going to move.

Chip McFuck fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 18, 2010

JumboJetDreams
Jun 3, 2008
Any tips on finger picking? I always play with a pick, but I've been listening to a lot of This Town Needs Guns recently and Tim Collis plays without one pretty much exclusively. I'd like to learn some of their songs, but my right hand just kind of gets confused :smith:

Here's someone covering the song I'm currently attempting to learn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g7YaNmPJ80

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Just wanted to thank G.Salsa and Kiwi for answering my last question: I just got a really nice, fat tone that sounds like everything I ever wanted. The compressor thingy really gave the sound an edge that's unthinkable to play without.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Ferrous Wheel posted:

Refretting this one would be a little harder than usual because the fret tangs were left in as lines. I don't even know how but they were. I actually really like it as a fretless and the neck doesn't seem too warped, but some of the rattling I hear might be trussrod. I'm also thinking of restringing with nylon tape-wound strings to reduce the tension on the neck even more.

I just figured it would be easier if I could buy a new neck to make it more playable and stable for the time being, and put the original back on whenever the time came. The pickup is the one part I have no interest in returning to original, since the original was bullshit. My current plan is a Dimarzio BC-2. The look is relatively close to the old closed-cover strat pickups so I won't feel too bad.

And I do plan to hang onto it, which is why putting in decent tuners wouldn't bother me all that much. I want to be able to play this thing all the time.

If you want a full custom neck I know a guy who can build you anything you want.

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

I was trying to avoid the expense of a hand built custom job but go ahead and give me his deets in case I decide to go that way. The most likely outcome if it's unplayable is a Mark Sandman style slide thingie- worse things could happen to a guitar really.

And JumboJetDreams: Get the thumb solid first. Most modern fingerpicking is at least in part based on Travis picking, the defining characteristic of which is a steady rhythm and bass line kept with the thumb. There are plenty of videos on youtube that walk you through the basics. I think this one is pretty good for an intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFNO3yqO9Kg

Edit: The thumbpick is optional.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Ferrous Wheel posted:

I was trying to avoid the expense of a hand built custom job but go ahead and give me his deets in case I decide to go that way. The most likely outcome if it's unplayable is a Mark Sandman style slide thingie- worse things could happen to a guitar really.

His e-mail is Jre_productions@yahoo.com Look for a guy by the name of Joe Desperado on the ReRanch forums and TDPRI if you want to see some of the necks he's built for others.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
so, I'm learning a song and I've come upon an arpeggio sweep that is bugging me.

Now, I have a bitch of a time stretching from the G to the A# using my middle finger and pinky respectively. I've picked up a habit that makes it a little easier to play. I use my pointer finger to play the G, and hammer-on to the A#. Only problem is I have to slide into the G from the D note on the lower string, effectively playing both consecutive notes with the same finger. I dunno how to word it any better so I hope you get what I mean.

Is this a bad habit?

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

the Bunt posted:

so, I'm learning a song and I've come upon an arpeggio sweep that is bugging me.

Now, I have a bitch of a time stretching from the G to the A# using my middle finger and pinky respectively. I've picked up a habit that makes it a little easier to play. I use my pointer finger to play the G, and hammer-on to the A#. Only problem is I have to slide into the G from the D note on the lower string, effectively playing both consecutive notes with the same finger. I dunno how to word it any better so I hope you get what I mean.

Is this a bad habit?

In classical notation, the fretting hand fingers are labeled like this:

1 - Index
2 - middle
3 - ring
4 - pinky

The arpeggio you posted should be played 4 2 1 2 4 1 2 4, and there is no hammer-on (there would be a slur there). You shouldn't have any trouble stretching from the 2 to 4, and without seeming like an rear end in a top hat, I honestly can't figure out how you could. :confused:

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Gorilla Salsa posted:

In classical notation, the fretting hand fingers are labeled like this:

1 - Index
2 - middle
3 - ring
4 - pinky

The arpeggio you posted should be played 4 2 1 2 4 1 2 4, and there is no hammer-on (there would be a slur there). You shouldn't have any trouble stretching from the 2 to 4, and without seeming like an rear end in a top hat, I honestly can't figure out how you could. :confused:

I have little fingers? I managed to work it out. After doing it over and over its eventually become not so much a problem.

The way I was doing it before was like 4 2 1 1 4 1 2 4. So I'm guessing yeah, not such a good habit?

the Bunt fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 20, 2010

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

the Bunt posted:

The way I was doing it before was like 4 2 1 1 4 1 2 4. So I'm guessing yeah, not such a good habit?

It's fine, but unless those sixteenth notes are at ~80bpm, I imagine you'd just be making it harder on yourself.

Milka
Feb 23, 2005
at least i'm not one of the '06s
One of my relatives passed away and I've been offered his bass guitar. I can play alright, but I'm right handed, and it's a lefty model. Is it worth my time to restring it and play it like a right handed bass? I usually don't play with a pick, so I don't think which side the pickguard is on would matter..and I know the volume/tone knobs would be on the bottom a little further away. Is there something else I'm missing? Would the body be digging into my ribs or anything? I haven't seen the bass guitar in a while, but I can assume based on his income that he had a pretty high end one.

Seventh_Samurai
Jul 5, 2007
dick blick
My apologies if this is a totally stupid question.

I'm interested in the Hagstrom Viking 2P but don't want the stopbar tailpiece, in favor of a trapeze. However, I'm completely clueless when it comes to wiring and would prefer to not have to put in a new ground wire.

In looking around for info, I found this picture:

Ignoring that that's a 12-string guitar, would this setup work for grounding the strings if I ran the strings through the stopbar to the trapeze and didn't do anything with the wiring?

Excavation
May 18, 2004

FEED ME CRAYONS
My B and high E string on my mexican tele constantly go out of tune, especially if I bend them. It's easily remedied by pushing on the strings behind the nut (this brings them back up to the correct pitch every time), but it is really starting to annoy me. How do I stop this problem from happening?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Coupon Wizard posted:

My B and high E string on my mexican tele constantly go out of tune, especially if I bend them. It's easily remedied by pushing on the strings behind the nut (this brings them back up to the correct pitch every time), but it is really starting to annoy me. How do I stop this problem from happening?

Lube your nut.

There are products you can buy for it, but you can just simply rub a pencil in the slot and that should help too.
While you are at it check that the slots don't have any burrs in them that is causing the binding.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Anyone got any strap lock recommendations? And are those collars that fit over the screw worth the plastic they're made of?

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Here's an lick from a Symphony X song that I've been using as a finger exercise:

I go through each iteration of 4 notes on the same string (so for example, the first 4 notes: G, A#, A, A#) multiple times. The problem starts after playing this at 150~bpm for a while: I kind of lose my 'rhythm' and start playing the notes out of sync and it's really hard to resynchronize my two hands without stopping first.

I've tried going at it slowly. I'm able to hold the four note pattern endlessly, but as soon as I speed up...

Any ideas or tricks? Or just practice, practice, practice at low speeds?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ok I don't shred or anything, but I've noticed I do this a lot when I practice - when you're playing at a higher speed than you're used to, try playing four notes at half speed then eight notes at full speed - like 1-2-3-4-123412341-2-3-4-12341234

It keeps you in the rhythm, and you have to play accurately at the fast speed - but it's broken up by the slower parts so it's easier to build up your stamina for longer and longer fast runs. Obviously you can vary it by increasing the number of fast notes as you get better at that tempo

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Here's an lick from a Symphony X song that I've been using as a finger exercise:

I go through each iteration of 4 notes on the same string (so for example, the first 4 notes: G, A#, A, A#) multiple times. The problem starts after playing this at 150~bpm for a while: I kind of lose my 'rhythm' and start playing the notes out of sync and it's really hard to resynchronize my two hands without stopping first.

I've tried going at it slowly. I'm able to hold the four note pattern endlessly, but as soon as I speed up...

Any ideas or tricks? Or just practice, practice, practice at low speeds?

Practice vvveeeerrrrrrryyyyy ssssllloooowwwwwwllllyyyy. When you can play it cleanly, no mistakes, 5 times in a row at a given tempo-- then up the tempo by a BPM or two and see how you do there. Rinse, repeat. You're losing your rhythm because you're muscling the speed. Gotta let the speed come naturally. It's gotta be fluid. Patience.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

baka kaba posted:

Anyone got any strap lock recommendations? And are those collars that fit over the screw worth the plastic they're made of?

I have a set of these on a build I did last year, so far so good with them.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/REDESIGNED-Chrome-Strap-Locks-Pair-Straplok-style-HEAVY-DUTY--In-Stock_p_598.html

There is always the washer from a Grolsch beer bottle too.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

codyclarke posted:

Practice vvveeeerrrrrrryyyyy ssssllloooowwwwwwllllyyyy. When you can play it cleanly, no mistakes, 5 times in a row at a given tempo-- then up the tempo by a BPM or two and see how you do there. Rinse, repeat. You're losing your rhythm because you're muscling the speed. Gotta let the speed come naturally. It's gotta be fluid. Patience.

Thanks, I'm doing this.

quote:

Ok I don't shred or anything, but I've noticed I do this a lot when I practice - when you're playing at a higher speed than you're used to, try playing four notes at half speed then eight notes at full speed - like 1-2-3-4-123412341-2-3-4-12341234

It keeps you in the rhythm, and you have to play accurately at the fast speed - but it's broken up by the slower parts so it's easier to build up your stamina for longer and longer fast runs. Obviously you can vary it by increasing the number of fast notes as you get better at that tempo

It really sucks when you like this kind of music, because there's nothing non-technical and slow that you can learn to play easily. A lot of it only sounds good if played fast.

Also, I've noticed that the desynchronisation starts at the third iteration (EGF one on the B string). The F and G notes, when played, ring out in a strange but cool manner. It's hard to explain.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

It really sucks when you like this kind of music, because there's nothing non-technical and slow that you can learn to play easily. A lot of it only sounds good if played fast.

Neoclassical tends to sound great slow, or anything in the harmonic minor at all really. Yngwie stuff like Amberdawn, the main bit of Molto Arpeggioso, Baroque and Roll, are all gorgeous slowed-down.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Thumposaurus posted:

I have a set of these on a build I did last year, so far so good with them.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/REDESIGNED-Chrome-Strap-Locks-Pair-Straplok-style-HEAVY-DUTY--In-Stock_p_598.html

There is always the washer from a Grolsch beer bottle too.

Ah cool, I'll take a look at those. Never had a strap that wasn't permanently fixed before, but now I have a bass the strap keeps falling off when I'm sitting down. Never seen the beer bottle thing though, is that like a widget?

Also, I've noticed that the desynchronisation starts at the third iteration (EGF one on the B string). The F and G notes, when played, ring out in a strange but cool manner. It's hard to explain.

Yeah I've tried learning some fast solos and I'm getting my fingers up to speed on the bass too, so I kinda know where you're coming from. codyclarke's advice is the usual recommendation, but give my thing a try too. It's nice because it does let you play at full speed in short bursts, which is great when playing fast and accurately is your whole end goal. Kinda gives you some instant feedback and gratification instead of having to build up to it over a long period.

But like I said, I Am Not A Shredder so maybe this isn't how it's meant to be done.

Oh yeah, one other thing I've heard - apparently when you've managed to play something properly it's actually a good idea to take a break. It's something along the lines of building muscle memory after a correct performance, instead of continuing and starting to gently caress up again and your muscles learning the incorrect technique. Might be worth a go

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

The bottles it comes in have a little flip top instead of a regular bottle cap.

It is sealed with a red rubber washer that just so happens to be the perfect size to fit on a strap button to hold a strap in place.
Like so:

(not my pic, just random GIS)

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

codyclarke posted:

Neoclassical tends to sound great slow, or anything in the harmonic minor at all really. Yngwie stuff like Amberdawn, the main bit of Molto Arpeggioso, Baroque and Roll, are all gorgeous slowed-down.

Baka kaba labeled me well as coming from the world of shred. I'm very into Paul Gilbert style stuff, as well as the guitar work in certain symphony X and shadow gallery songs. I'll be honest to tell you that I've never really looked into Yngwie as a musician, due to the ruling mass opinion of him being an arrogant person. It would be cool to have some middle ground between my main practice songs and all these finger exercises, though, so I'll check out those songs. Thanks!

quote:

Yeah I've tried learning some fast solos and I'm getting my fingers up to speed on the bass too, so I kinda know where you're coming from. codyclarke's advice is the usual recommendation, but give my thing a try too. It's nice because it does let you play at full speed in short bursts, which is great when playing fast and accurately is your whole end goal. Kinda gives you some instant feedback and gratification instead of having to build up to it over a long period.

Definitely! Granted even, that most of the music I listen to has 'fast' passages only in short bursts to begin with (excluding Gilbert); but I'm doing this for the long-term and want to develop proper technique for the speed I want to play.

quote:

But like I said, I Am Not A Shredder so maybe this isn't how it's meant to be done.

Oh yeah, one other thing I've heard - apparently when you've managed to play something properly it's actually a good idea to take a break. It's something along the lines of building muscle memory after a correct performance, instead of continuing and starting to gently caress up again and your muscles learning the incorrect technique. Might be worth a go

Oh yeah this is very true. A night's sleep does wonders for That Bit You're Struggling With.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Thumposaurus posted:

The bottles it comes in have a little flip top instead of a regular bottle cap.

It is sealed with a red rubber washer that just so happens to be the perfect size to fit on a strap button to hold a strap in place.

That's pretty awesome, you can make a slide with the neck too and maybe some kind of capo with that hinged part - the ultimate guitarist's beer!

Definitely! Granted even, that most of the music I listen to has 'fast' passages only in short bursts to begin with (excluding Gilbert); but I'm doing this for the long-term and want to develop proper technique for the speed I want to play.

Yeah just to clarify, you only do the short bursts at first, then as your fingers build up accuracy at that speed you make the slow parts less frequent. The reason it helps me is I can often play accurately at high speed for a few notes, then my fingers start to stumble and lose it a bit. By playing short fast runs I can get used to playing correctly at my target speed, drop back to 8th notes for a brief rest inbetween, and build up accuracy and stamina by lengthening the fast bits, until I'm comfortable playing at full speed non-stop.

The other way is definitely recommended as a proper way to build technique though :)

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
So I do my own recording in the basement of my house. I've done two of my own albums so far and for my third I wanted to take a little break from writing and do a Beatle cover album (very original, I know)

Anyway, I like to post my stuff on purevolume/myspace/whatever. Normally I wouldn't be too concerned about putting cover songs online but I know the Beatles are a little different.

What kind of laws are there for posting cover songs online?

*Note - not going to sell any of these, just put online

Faltese Malkin fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 24, 2010

CatanZZZ
Jul 1, 2003
Hex squares n sheep
please delete, sorry

CatanZZZ fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
If I purchased a BOSS Dr. Beat DB-90, how would I go about sending a MIDI tempo map to it that I could practice with? Obviously, I'd have to connect it to my MIDI interface, but would I use REAPER? What exactly would I have to do?