Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Captain Splendid posted:

Didn't see this posted yet.

It seems Obi-Wan's homeworld being named after Jon Stewart is official.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

SeanBeansShako posted:

This is a joke right?

If only.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves
Can anyone link me to anything in which Princess Leia doesn't come across as a complete bitch and space racist?

She won't let Galen Marek rescue her until he destroys the space hook (used to take wookie slaves to space or something), but she doesn't give Chewie a medal at the end of Episode 4.

quote:

Secondly, Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan went on a "mercy mission" to deliver supplies for the people of Ralltiir. Officially, her objective was to present medical supplies and aid equipment to the Ralltiiri High Council. However, her true purpose was to supply the anti-Imperial resistence cells operating on Ralltiir with heavy weaponry and other military-grade equipment.

Nice job disguising a terrorist shipment as an aide ship :v:

If I am reading right she attacked Moff Tion when he found out that she and her family were rebels, a struggle ensued and Tion was fatally wounded. She then runs with the rebel Death Star plans. So in reality the Star Destroyer was chasing after a known fugitive murderer.

She then kills the poor unnamed stormtrooper trying to subdue her with a nonlethal stun blast.

Lies about the location of the secret rebel base, Alderaan blows up (possibly from some sort of super bomb they were creating prematurely detonating). Complains about the rescue attempt, the Millenium Falcon and her crew.

Puts out an arrest warrant for Han Solo after he pulls an Indiana Jones (removes artifacts from Yavin 4, the imperial army will soon be there, honestly you blew up a mining station, what did you expect the Empire to do?) but it is all cool once she finds out he pawned them to finance the Rebellion.

After Episode 5 she then commits bank fraud to secure a loan for the Alliance (creates a droid that looks like Rebellion finance minister Viscount Tardi, who had died months ago) for more X-wing fighters. The collateral was the crown jewels of Alderaan (why weren't they on the planet, thief).

I am not completely sure that Leia was going to use Chewie to free Han from Jabba's palace, she probably had a dealer to pay or something. Jabba may have just had her chained up and put in a bikini to teach her about the injustice of the caste system. Once again not sure, but possible...

Leia's thoughts on family

quote:

"Maybe Vader had died heroically, but ten minutes of contrition did not make up for years of atrocities."
―Leia, after her first and only visitation from the Force ghost of her fathe

Don't befriend her either because nearly everyone who knows her and is important enough to be referenced dies (Luke, Han Solo, and Lando are exempt). Same goes for Starships, it is going to crash or be boarded, even the Millinium Falcon isn't exempt.

Anakin Skywalker (biological father) : Dead
Padmé Amidala (biological mother) : Dead 20 seconds or so after giving birth to her
Bail Organa (adoptive father) : Dead
Queen Breha (adoptive mother) : Dead
Jacen Solo (son) : Dead
Anakin Solo (son) : Dead
Obi-Wan Kenobi (quasi uncle, kinda) : Dead
Galen Marek : Probably Dead, might even die more times
Emporer Palpatine : Met at a young age, dead
Chewbacca : Dead, crushed by a MOON
Raal Panteer (early romantic interest) : Dead
Lord Tion : Dead, killed by her hands
Wilhuff Tarkin (knew when she was younger) : Dead
Trioculus (love interest, dead) : I heard she killed him with lasers from her eyes, probably not true though.

Will have to update this when I have more time.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 17, 2010

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves

Captain Splendid posted:

Didn't see this posted yet.

It seems Obi-Wan's homeworld being named after Jon Stewart is official.

Lucas :mad:

At this point why not set up a website like the Star Registry? Give everyone the chance to name planets, for money of course.

T-1000 posted:

The thing I can't stand about the Clone Wars cartoon was when Anakin killed the gundark and used the pommel of his lightsaber to play its skeleton like a xylophone. He strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

The Force did it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

T-1000 posted:

The thing I can't stand about the Clone Wars cartoon was when Anakin killed the gundark and used the pommel of his lightsaber to play its skeleton like a xylophone. He strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

What Star Wars needs is an edgy new character to appeal to a younger generation...ah poo poo.

At least we don't have someone named Poochy :(

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Drighton posted:

Am I missing something? I didn't know George was such a Stewart fan. I do recall Mr. Lucas being on TDS and Jon holding his composure to keep his inner fanboy at bay.

Its funny and sad what Star Wars has become.

"Mr Lucas, we need a name for the new Sith Lord."
*looks around room* "...Skyv Odka."
"And his home planet?"
*scans desk* "...Altoid." *continues counting money*

Holy crap. Lucas pulled a Keyser Soze on the whole world.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Lumpy: I have to go now. My home planet needs me.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

AcridWhistle posted:

Trioculus (love interest, dead) : I heard she killed him with lasers from her eyes, probably not true though.

(Okay, so that's actually a robot clone of Leia, not Leia herself, but she was involved in the creation of said clone, so it holds. And yes, that was on their wedding day.)

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
The new droid in the show is going to be designated "PEN - fifteen"

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

thrawn527 posted:

(Okay, so that's actually a robot clone of Leia, not Leia herself, but she was involved in the creation of said clone, so it holds. And yes, that was on their wedding day.)

I love how the look on everyone's faces in that picture just shows they know how ridiculous the whole situation is.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I love how the look on everyone's faces in that picture just shows they know how ridiculous the whole situation is.

Trioculus was so close to scoring too.

Also, prepare for the latest kick rear end smuggler Plaid Longbeardcrumbe coming to a EU book near you!

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I like that even the Stormtroopers look surprised.

T-1000
Mar 28, 2010

AcridWhistle posted:

Don't befriend her either because nearly everyone who knows her and is important enough to be referenced dies (Luke, Han Solo, and Lando are exempt). Same goes for Starships, it is going to crash or be boarded, even the Millinium Falcon isn't exempt.
That's nothing, Luke Skywalker has the Midas touch of death.
- Padmé Amidala: died 20 seconds after giving birth to him
- Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru: dead
- Obi-Wan: dead
- The jawas he bought R2 and C-3PO from: dead
- Those guys in the cantina: if not dead then pretty messed up
- Biggs Darklighter (best friend): dead
- All of rogue squadron except him and Wedge: dead
- All of gold squadron except one guy: dead
- Everyone on the Death Star: dead
- The original R2-D2: dead, replaced by replica
- His tauntaun: dead
- The pilot that found him and Han on Hoth: dead
- The AT-AT that came near him: dead
- The Gamorrean nearest to him in Jabba's palace: eaten
- The rancor: dead
- Everyone on Jabba's skiff: dead
- Yoda: dead
- the Ewoks: many, many dead
- the stormtroopers he surrendered to: dead
- Anakin Skywalker: dead
- The Emperor: dead
- Everyone on the Death Star, again: dead
- 95% of his jedi students: dead
- Both nephews: dead
- Wife: dead

WhyteRyce posted:

What Star Wars needs is an edgy new character to appeal to a younger generation...ah poo poo.

At least we don't have someone named Poochy :(
Yet.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Slantedfloors posted:

I like that even the Stormtroopers look surprised.

The book Hissa is reading is clearly Sacrifice too.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

ZeeToo posted:

If it were a knife-sized blade, maybe, though. Aren't some combat knives used like that? I don't recall if they are or not; don't take that as a claim that they are.
Oh, most definitely. Never heard of anyone doing it with a full sword before.

Traxus IV posted:

Wait, Revan does that? Since when, and where can I see it? Not that I don't believe you, but I want to believe it isn't true. :(
Sorry.(Go to the Jedi Civil War video.)

Apparently he's also now taller then Malak, and Carth is important. Bioware :argh:!

AcridWhistle posted:

Leia :words:
I think she's less 'bitch' and more pragmatic.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Drighton posted:

Am I missing something? I didn't know George was such a Stewart fan. I do recall Mr. Lucas being on TDS and Jon holding his composure to keep his inner fanboy at bay.

Its funny and sad what Star Wars has become.

"Mr Lucas, we need a name for the new Sith Lord."
*looks around room* "...Skyv Odka."
"And his home planet?"
*scans desk* "...Altoid." *continues counting money*

The saddest/funniest thing about that is that 'Skyv Odka' is totally a Star Wars-y name

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Crowetron posted:

Normally, I'm the one to laugh and joke about the retarded stuff, but literally naming a character "Savage Oppress"?

Star Wars is officially Captain Planet now.

Haha and I thought Cad Bane was a terrible name. That's on the level of Sleazebaggano.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

How does timeoff work in Star Wars?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Standard_Calendar

Apparently there aren't weekends, do you just work until these fete weeks or holidays?

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:
Maybe it's easier to run and jump with it held backwards like that? It points the blade slightly more away from the body. Especially with that weird crouched ninja run.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Bene Elim posted:

Sorry.(Go to the Jedi Civil War video.)

Apparently he's also now taller then Malak, and Carth is important. Bioware :argh:!
BLAAAAG. Way to completely invalidate all the poo poo about Revan and his/her (I'm bitter that they made Revan a man, yes) motives from KOTOR2. Can't have nuance and intrigue in our Star Wars - quick, to the retconmobile!

Though I dunno why it surprises me. You'd think I'd have realized by now that everything I love about Star Wars will one day be invalidated or otherwise tarnished. :(

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

AcridWhistle posted:

How does timeoff work in Star Wars?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Standard_Calendar

Apparently there aren't weekends, do you just work until these fete weeks or holidays?

2 holidays every week.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

arioch posted:

2 holidays every week.

A 3 day work week? No wonder they Empire had slaves.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Jervas Dudley posted:

Maybe it's easier to run and jump with it held backwards like that? It points the blade slightly more away from the body. Especially with that weird crouched ninja run.

Wookiepedia says its used for wide, long slashes with the "blade". Given that the blade weighs nothing too it can be used as a longer parrying/blocking tool.

Also it looks cool.

Pretend Squirrel
Sep 18, 2009
And speaking of The Old Republic, here's the "Hope" trailer for anyone that hasn't seen it. This looks promising, guys.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

T-1000 posted:

- the Ewoks: many, many dead

All of them. The Endor Holocaust is motherfucking canon!

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

quote:

After the horrors of the Clone Wars, Alderaan's frigates and light cruisers were dismantled and the world's weapons were placed aboard the armory warship Another Chance. The ship was programmed to continually jump though hyperspace until called home by the High Council. They would not have the opportunity.

We have no weapons, but we can get you some of our weapons in no time. What do you need?

Edit: Needs some more unnamed Imperial troops being named

Tenn Graneet
The Imperial Gunner that fires the Death Star Laser.

quote:

As news that it was Graneet who fired on Despayre and Alderaan spread throughout the Death Star's population, many of the people who Graneet encountered began reacting differently to him
What he finally got the respect he deserved ?
Don't gently caress with Tenn, he won't just kill you, he'll blow your whole planet up
He Tenn, badass, drinks on me
Tenn, the Emperor just sent you a hand written note and autographed picture along with a medal
Oh your son is a lawyer? Wow pretty impressive, our son just blew up a PLANET yesterday, yup a whole planet

quote:

As the ranking NCO on the superlaser's gunnery crew, it fell to Graneet to actually complete the firing sequence by pulling the firing lever.
He also made pew-pew and boom noises while doing this (unsourced)

quote:

When given the order to fire the superlaser at the rebel base on Yavin 4, Graneet froze, wishing desperately for something to save him from his dreadful duty. He informed his gunnery crew and the overbridge to "stand by" and then repeated his order a few seconds later. His wish was granted, as his few moments of hesitation were sufficient to allow Luke Skywalker to destroy the Death Star. Graneet died in the resulting explosion
Do they hand out magic lamps with a Genie inside that twists everyone's wish into something horrible at the Imperial training camps?

This guy could have destroyed the Rebellion, he could have taken the shot, but he choked, and now he is dead along with everyone else on the Death Star.

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 17, 2010

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

BattleMaster posted:

Haha and I thought Cad Bane was a terrible name. That's on the level of Sleazebaggano.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Loathsom

This is what happens when you name your son Whorm.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Holy Sithspawn! I thought Teh Roxxor was bad.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

AcridWhistle posted:

As news that it was Graneet who fired on Despayre and Alderaan...
The Death Star was tested on a planet/moon/asteroid called Despayre.

Even Astrogeograpgic features get retarded names.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Nucleic Acids posted:

I really have to wonder how the people around her took that.

And has she always felt this way, like, since A New Hope came out? Because that's kind of hosed up.

She hadn't even seen the films before being hired to write RC books. In fact, I think she may have said she hadn't even seen the OT until after writing the first one.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Speaking of terrible Star Wars names, here's how you make up your own! This is buried deep in the last thread, but I think it's worth posting again.

-For the first name, take the first three letters of your surname and add the first two letters of your first name.
-For the surname, take the first two letters of your mother's maiden name and add the first three letters of your birthplace.

For example, John Smith's mother's maiden name was Baker and he was born in New York City, so his Star Wars surname is Smijo Banew.

My name is Linka Huwas, and I sound like a Clone Wars-era Jedi who died like a punk at Geonosis. :downsbravo:

EDIT: Bolded important parts in the example.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 17, 2010

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm Butja Balee. I remember figuring this out last thread, and I have to admit, Butja has kind of grown on me.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..

Pretend Squirrel posted:

And speaking of The Old Republic, here's the "Hope" trailer for anyone that hasn't seen it. This looks promising, guys.

Lol no thats not promise. Thats everything thats wrong with the EU currently squeezed into one pretty movie. DBZ Jedi Check. Clone looking solider who looks like he belongs in Mass Effect Check. "Badass" sith lord who kills everything he sees, check. One upping the GCW check. And on and on and on.

They should have done Knights of the New Republic or something. Then at least they can get away with looking more modern then the OT. Set it 4000 years after the GCW and it makes sense in my mind.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Lismi Busea.

I guess that's Star-Warsy enough.

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

Pththya-lyi posted:

Speaking of terrible Star Wars names, here's how you make up your own! This is buried deep in the last thread, but I think it's worth posting again.

-For the first name, take the first three letters of your surname and add the first two letters of your first name.
-For the surname, take the first two letters of your mother's maiden name and add the first three letters of your birthplace.

For example, John Smith's mother's maiden name was Baker and he was born in New York City, so his Star Wars surname is Smijo Banew.

My name is Linka Huwas, and I sound like a Clone Wars-era Jedi who died like a punk at Geonosis. :downsbravo:

No, this is how you make a Star Wars name:

1. Take your character attribute and/or role in the story.
2. Spell it all alienny. (optional)
3. Add an o.

So, since I'm a tubby asshole who's currently obsessed with Doctor Who, my name would be something like Doc Tubbo. Or I could get creative and go be Whodoc Sholebby.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

NGL posted:

No, this is how you make a Star Wars name:

1. Take your character attribute and/or role in the story.
2. Spell it all alienny. (optional)
3. Add an o.

So, since I'm a tubby asshole who's currently obsessed with Doctor Who, my name would be something like Doc Tubbo. Or I could get creative and go be Whodoc Sholebby.

Going with this, I came up with Pimp Ladykiller.

...But we already have a Lando Calrissian in this universe.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

By Pththya-lyi's method, I am Wirkr Hokit.

By NGL's method...I can't even decide.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Link to the original liquorhead thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2393061

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

thrawn527 posted:

Robot clone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That method is how I came up with my character's name in KOTOR.

Kasda Erlce.

Ercle. (Pronounced "Urkel" in my mind)

*Star Forge blows up*

Kasda: :iamafag: "Did I do thaaaaaat?"