Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Razor was hurt - Savio Vega basically made his debut at the KOTR, took Razor's place and lost in the finals to Mabel.

True.

Really, the guy who should have been pushed for that spot was Bam Bam Bigelow. He had the high profile program with Lawrence Taylor and carried him to a passable match. He would have also wrestled passable matches against Diesel and was believable as a threat to the title. However, the KLIQ pushed for him to not be in a top program and Vince had him turned babyface which killed him off basically in 1995. That's why he was done for by January of '96.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lone Rogue posted:

Diesel vs. King Bam Bam

This one. Bam Bam owns.

Also, I liked Big Daddy V, as well as Viscera and Mabel when they were just impossibly giant dudes who mauled people and didn't do the Viscagra.

And Yokozuna.

I mark for giant fat dudes.

Do you?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Lone Rogue posted:

True.

Really, the guy who should have been pushed for that spot was Bam Bam Bigelow. He had the high profile program with Lawrence Taylor and carried him to a passable match. He would have also wrestled passable matches against Diesel and was believable as a threat to the title. However, the KLIQ pushed for him to not be in a top program and Vince had him turned babyface which killed him off basically in 1995. That's why he was done for by January of '96.

Didn't the Corporation turn on Bigelow after he lost to LT? Bigelow teamed with Diesel to take on Sid & Tatanka on that show, by the way.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Didn't the Corporation turn on Bigelow after he lost to LT? Bigelow teamed with Diesel to take on Sid & Tatanka on that show, by the way.

I know. The plan was for Diesel to feud with HBK, Sid, Bam Bam and Bret that year as his main competition. Shawn upstaged Diesel so badly at WMXI that they turned him babyface the next night on Raw. Because this meant Sid and Bam Bam were next and Diesel, Shawn, Razor, etc. didn't like Bam Bam, they got him turned babyface as well. This over-saturated the top babyface guys and eventually Bam Bam Bigelow dropped to obscurity.

When Bret was Champ in '94, Bam Bam Bigelow was one of his main overseas opponents because they wanted to see how Bam Bam would work as a top heel. It didn't hurt. They put him in the program with LT so he would be over enough to be a top guy. The Kliq, who had a lot of power in '95, got things turned around. It's Vince's fault ultimately but if there's one guy who has been a victim of politics his entire career, its Bam Bam. Think about it: why would you put Bam Bam in the main event of Wrestlemania and then "reward" him with being Diesel's number two for a single pay per view?

Paper Jam Dipper fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 20, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Tyma posted:

I live near the best wrestlers :}

Rob Terry is from Swansea. Don't let TNA's ring announcers lie to you about this matter any further.

So something's come out of Swansea that ISN'T crippling heroin addiction?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

So something's come out of Swansea that ISN'T crippling heroin addiction?

A crippling steroid addiction!

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
No-one near my hometown (or my birthtown) unfortunately.

Now, birthdays however, thats different. I share a birthday with HHH, Shannon Moore, and I'm born on exactly the same day as Dolph Ziggler.

You?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Shitty_Wok posted:

When the ref raises the dude's arm 3 times to see if he's out or not, has anyone ever not kept their arm up? I can't think of a single time where the arm has fallen 3 times and ended the match.
Other people have posted examples already, but the first time I remember this happening (in a non-jobber context) was when Money Inc. won the tag titles from the Natural Disasters. Earthquake's arm dropped three times to the Million Dollar Dream and my young mind was blown.:aaaaa: I think it happened on a random episode of Superstars.

Man, when there was a title change on free TV back then it was just the coolest thing. It would make my Saturday morning.

EDIT: This is reminding me of a weird thing that happened a few times back then. When there was a title change on a house show, I'd find out about it via the Regis & Kathy Lee show, when a wrestler was scheduled as a guest and they showed up with a freshly-won belt. I know it happened with Shawn Michaels and Diesel (won tag titles from the Headshrinkers) and I think it may have happened with Flair or Savage during their feud. Anyone else remember this?

There was also a really awkward moment one time when Regis asked Savage how Elizabeth was doing, and Savage said they were divorced. :eek:

Minidust fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 20, 2010

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Vampiro is from Thunder Bay. He tends to badmouth the town from what I've seen (except when he's working there). I share a birthday with Kane, Ron Reis, Killer Karl Kox, and Tank Abbott. Unfortunately Johnny Devine (one of my favorite wrestlers, was born on the 27th.

Also for the record, I think Barry Windham was a bigger star than his dad. Former world champ, high visibility during two seperate boom periods, and main evented TV with Ric Flair on a regular basis (and was usually made to look like Flair's equal, wheras Sammartino usually got the best of Mulligan.)

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I think Tracy Smothers is from here ><

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So if there's a rash of ultra mega double homicides in your town, we know who to blame?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Red is Dead posted:

Now, birthdays however, thats different. I share a birthday with HHH, Shannon Moore, and I'm born on exactly the same day as Dolph Ziggler.

You?

Paul Heyman :smug:

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Red is Dead posted:

You?

I was born on the first Wrestlemania

Literally eat my poo poo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The closest famous wrestler to where I am was Sid, and that's still a few hour drive away :(

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Red is Dead posted:

You?

Abdullah the Butcher. I'm in good company.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
MY GIRLFRIEND has met with Ken Shamrock a few times through her job. He runs some MMA facility here in Reno.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Jack Tunney died in a hospital about 10 blocks from where I am sitting right now. :smug:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Undertaker's parents were buried 10 minutes from my house, right outside Nassau Coliseum. :(

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Minidust posted:

Undertaker's parents were buried 10 minutes from my house, right outside Nassau Coliseum. :(

Wow it's pretty rare for people to bury ashes isn't it?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Don't be so callous.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
My hometown is Calgary...Alberta, Canada. :smug:

On topic, what the hell is Delirious' gimmick supposed to be? Hobo that found a mask and somehow ended up in a wrestling ring?

Not hating, just curious as to what his deal is.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He's shithouse crazy and speaks gibberish. That's basically it.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
As for birthdays, the only birthday I share with a wrestler is Paul Orndorff.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I thought Delirious' gimmick was lizard man.

As for birthdays, Mick Foley and The Grand Wizard of Wrestling (Ernie Roth. Legendary heel manager)

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I hate you all...the only one who shares my birthday is a racist.

Michael Heyes.

but 2 manias have taken place on my birthday
3 and 14
Hogan vs Andre and Austins 1st title reign

AkumaHokoru fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 20, 2010

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

AkumaHokoru posted:

I hate you all...the only one who shares my birthday is a racist.

Michael Heyes.

Michael Hayes is not a racist.

He's just confused. When you're the only white man who can properly do a moonwalk, you start to question your ethnicity.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Perdido posted:

My hometown is Calgary...Alberta, Canada. :smug:

On topic, what the hell is Delirious' gimmick supposed to be? Hobo that found a mask and somehow ended up in a wrestling ring?

Not hating, just curious as to what his deal is.

I was going to say you're thinking of Necro Butcher, but that Necro's mask is invisible.

Then I got to thinking, drat, a masked luchador with an invisible mask would be great in Chikara.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I share my birthday with Johnny Ace and Kid Kash. :cry:

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached
Terri Runnels is from my hometown. When I was a kid I got to meet Dusty and Dustin when they were there for the wedding. It was also one of the only reasons a town of around 20k people got a WCW house show.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Burrito posted:

I was going to say you're thinking of Necro Butcher, but that Necro's mask is invisible.

Then I got to thinking, drat, a masked luchador with an invisible mask would be great in Chikara.

El Rapadoo vs. Some Bald Guy, Mask v. Hair.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I share a birthday with Matt Bentley.

Everyone do the Bentley Bounce!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I share mine with Vincent Kennedy McMahon.
Everybody power strut!

ProFro
Jun 29, 2008
Same birthday as the Macho Man, OH YEEEAAHHH!!

And there aren't too many wrestlers from where I grew up. We gave the world X-Pac. :sigh:

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
I share a birthday with William Regal, now off with you toe-rags.

Also Verne Gagne.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
I'm 10 days older than Zack Ryder, and also from Long Island.

:smug: WWWYKI :smug:

EDIT: I also apparently have the same birthday as Dory Funk and Mr. Fuji. Cool.

LightsGameraAction fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 20, 2010

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Town: Blackpool (William Regal and Johnny Saint)
Birthday: July 6 (Vincent J McMahon Sr)

septomin
Dec 22, 2009
Same birthday as Mr. Perfect. That's four days apart from the Undertaker. Also, Macho Man Randy Savage won the WWF title at Wrestlemania IV a few hours before I was born.

I'm in Toronto, so you know, Edge and Christian are from here. And...Test.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

These are not questions they are birthdays.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Lone Rogue posted:

They put him in the program with LT so he would be over enough to be a top guy.

Not quite. From what Bam Bam says they asked the wrestlers who was interested in working woth LT and losing. Bam Bam immedietly volunteered, knowing it would be a huge payday. They wanted somebody who was known and could work. There was also the idea that it would make someone a bigger star because of the publicity but after they though the loss made him damaged goods. The Kliq played that up and used politics against Bam Bam but Vince had started to turn on him by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

HulkaMatt posted:

These are not questions they are birthdays.

Hey guys, I was wondering, do you have any birthdays that match the birthdays of wrestlers?