Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

El Axo Grande posted:

Hey guys, I was wondering, do you have any birthdays that match the birthdays of wrestlers?

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Did anyone ever end Gillberg's streak?

If so, isn't it the most impressive streak in wrestling history?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Burrito posted:

Did anyone ever end Gillberg's streak?

If so, isn't it the most impressive streak in wrestling history?
Goldberg. :colbert:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

LividLiquid posted:

Goldberg. :colbert:

Gillberg beat Goldberg?

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These exclamation points look green to me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What are some memorable moments made better by signs in the crowd? I remember at the beginning of the JBL/HBK slavery feud, they were giving a promo in the ring and slowly, between the two in the camera, rose 1995 Shawn Michaels as a cardboard cutout, killing the drama. Does anyone have the photo of this?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

projecthalaxy posted:

What are some memorable moments made better by signs in the crowd? I remember at the beginning of the JBL/HBK slavery feud, they were giving a promo in the ring and slowly, between the two in the camera, rose 1995 Shawn Michaels as a cardboard cutout, killing the drama. Does anyone have the photo of this?

For at least a year now I've been looking for a gif that we had. I can't even remember what was happening in the ring, but across from the hard camera slowly rose a giant Cena head.

It was one of the funniest things I have seen in wrestling and I can't find it anywhere :(

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Has there been a 'things in wrestling that boggle my mind' thread?

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

Burrito posted:

For at least a year now I've been looking for a gif that we had. I can't even remember what was happening in the ring, but across from the hard camera slowly rose a giant Cena head.

It was one of the funniest things I have seen in wrestling and I can't find it anywhere :(

Wasn't it a Giant Batista head? Or was Batista just involved somehow?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

During the infamous Tony Schiavone heel-turn, they were going on some 'shoot comments' and behing them there were two signs. The first one was "Who cares?" and the other was "The Total Action has officially Stopped"

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
So since his name came up in the indy thread I was wondering, when/how did Dan Maff come back from being "blackballed" by the indy scene? And was it ever revealed what happened between him and Homicide that led to the whole thing?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Suben posted:

So since his name came up in the indy thread I was wondering, when/how did Dan Maff come back from being "blackballed" by the indy scene? And was it ever revealed what happened between him and Homicide that led to the whole thing?

Maff's been around again the last year or two. Homicide's never gone into detail about the incident, but he did explicitly state, "Maff is a pedophile," so the assumption is that Maff had sex with an underage member of Homicide's family.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

projecthalaxy posted:

What are some memorable moments made better by signs in the crowd?

If Cena Wins We Riot

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Hogan/Warrior at WMVI with the giant creepy Hogan eyes.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Cane Dewey

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

El Axo Grande posted:

Hey guys, I was wondering, do you have any birthdays that match the birthdays of wrestlers?

:drac: Kevin Thorn :(

projecthalaxy posted:

I'D RATHER BE AT RAW

tzirean posted:

Maff's been around again the last year or two. Homicide's never gone into detail about the incident, but he did explicitly state, "Maff is a pedophile," so the assumption is that Maff had sex with an underage member of Homicide's family.

I believe it was Homicide's cousin

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

The Berzerker posted:

I believe it was Homicide's cousin

Suicide?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Oh also this isn't a moment made better by a sign so much as it is just an awesome sign but at some PPV early on in Tazz's WWF run a fan right behind the announce table had a sign that said "MY CRAP IS BIGGER THAN TAZZ"

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Which was the Botchamania where instead of Hogan saying number one and two then Vince saying "3!" from WMIII, they had Flair and Hogan saying a bunch of numbers?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There was one Botchamania, I saw it just the other day, where Maffew's recapping a TNA PPV and Consequences Creed takes a bump outside and just goes "OHHHH MY GOD" and it's the funniest goddamn thing, and I'm trying to remember which Botchamania it was. Can anyone help me? :shobon:

I answered my own question! It's 93:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z67MdfabhhI

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lone Rogue posted:

Which was the Botchamania where instead of Hogan saying number one and two then Vince saying "3!" from WMIII, they had Flair and Hogan saying a bunch of numbers?

110. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VSavewO3lA&feature=related

I'm on a roll!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

El Axo Grande posted:

El Samurai. :cool:

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

What about "Die, Rocky, Die"

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

What about "Die, Rocky, Die"

The Rocky The?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Moose Bigelow posted:

The Rocky The?
Oh! Nobody who speaks German could hate The Rock.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Moose Bigelow posted:

The Rocky The?

Reminds me of the best question ever asked to Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez. "What happened to the mansion that Bret Hart purchased from Monty Burns." They then seriously try figure out what mansion is was and if he still owns one.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

WeaselWeaz posted:

Reminds me of the best question ever asked to Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez. "What happened to the mansion that Bret Hart purchased from Monty Burns." They then seriously try figure out what mansion is was and if he still owns one.

Hahahaha holy poo poo that's amazing.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

On Smackdown this week, Kane cut an awesome promo during which he said the Undertaker was responsible for unmasking him.

I know this is sort of a retcon, but it was accompanied by footage of Taker holding Kane's mask and Kane backing off down the ramp with his face in his hands.

Would someone be able to give a quick rundown of which of the many convoluted plotlines of Kane have been glued together here?

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

ANOTHER
HEADLOCK
RANDY?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Umbra Dubium posted:

On Smackdown this week, Kane cut an awesome promo during which he said the Undertaker was responsible for unmasking him.

I know this is sort of a retcon, but it was accompanied by footage of Taker holding Kane's mask and Kane backing off down the ramp with his face in his hands.

Would someone be able to give a quick rundown of which of the many convoluted plotlines of Kane have been glued together here?

HHH beat Kane at MSG to unmask him during the Katie Vick storyline...okay you know what whenever I say Katie Vick it shuts my brain down from continuing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Umbra Dubium posted:

The footage of Kane hiding his face is probably SummerSlam 2000.

Kane had been face along with UT and pulled a nonsensical heel turn which led to the match.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

WeaselWeaz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLZA_VgszU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

I...I'm...It's beyond words :psyduck:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That video is amazing. I can't believe "Monty Burns" slipped right past both of them.

Also I'm sure this has been answered before and I can't find nor have I seen it really explained - why is doing an episode of Raw cheaper if they tape it rather than if they are live?

I have to imagine all the same sets and production values are in place and there is less post production done on a live show so I really don't get why it's more expensive to go live. Probably something obvious im missing but I've never seen it explained.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Also I'm sure this has been answered before and I can't find nor have I seen it really explained - why is doing an episode of Raw cheaper if they tape it rather than if they are live?

Don't they usually tape 2 episodes back to back, or tape after a live show?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

No they normally do it live every week. They're taking tours now which is why we're having 2 taped RAW's in 4 weeks.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tyma posted:

Don't they usually tape 2 episodes back to back, or tape after a live show?

I can understand why it would be cheaper to do 2 taped shows back to back and then air them one a week thus cutting your production costs in half - but I've seen it said many times here and other places that doing a live show in itself is more expensive than doing a taped show (we're talking one and not multiple shows) and I've been trying to wrap my head around that.

I can understand a live house show being much cheaper than a live tv show due to the stripped down nature but doesn't a one week taped Raw or Smackdown include the same costs as a one week live Raw and Smackdown? I know that you slap an extra bit in there for Superstars and NXT but I guess it confuses me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

You don't have to pay to transmit anything if you're taping the show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If they're looking to save money, and they should be, taping every-other Raw is an excellent way to do it but Vince got mercilessly mocked by Bischoff forever about not being live every week when Nitro was and that likely got stuck in his craw. Ratings have pretty much never taken a dive on taped weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

This isn't really a question but.. it's 1:15 am here in Germany and I'm zapping through channels, getting stuck on this terrible, terrible b-movie asia flick called Black Mask 2 (check here) and suddenly, out of nowhere, Rob Van Dam shows up.

The premise apparently is that some crazy dude crossed lizard DNA with human DNA and Rob Van Dam is one of his subjects/lackeys/something or other. It's so bad it's hilarious and even though Rob seems to be having a rather small role, I find it incredibly funny to see him do some martial arts fighting with horrible make up and really bad CGI lizard parts coming out of him and whatnot. I advise everyone to see this if they somehow can.

Edit: Okay so RVD apparently has a giant head that can... extend tentacles to kill people? I'm really not understanding very much of what is going on but it's definitely getting better by the minute.

abraxas fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 22, 2010