Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sam.freak
Nov 21, 2004

That's it baby just a bit to the left. Perfect. Now show us your tits.

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Here's a flickr link for one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/savatheaggie/4903956694/

Europe here, just got home with a bunch of series 2 minifigs.

e: No doubles man I'm awesome.

sam.freak fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 19, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Where in Europe? Not the Netherlands by any chance?

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

They're out in the Netherlands. I picked up a few for in the office so we can reenact meetings with them.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Awesome. I'm picking some up today. ^^ Which stores? Bart Smit, Intertoys, etc I presume?

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

I got them at the Bart Smit at Hoog-Catherijne in Utrecht.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Cool. I'm in Lelystad, so I'll check here first. Later today I'm going down to Amsterdam, so if I can't get them here, I could always check there. :)

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

Now here's a kid who's whole world got all twisted,
leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky...
I hope they show up down here, my local TRU only got two or three boxes of series 1 ever.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

So I bought five of them, and just my luck, none of the ones I really, really wanted were in there. Still, I did get the Judo guy with two golden statues, the circus guy, 2 highway patrolmen, and a singer...

I wanted the ancient and undead minifigs, also, the mime... :(

sam.freak
Nov 21, 2004

Taeke posted:

So I bought five of them, and just my luck, none of the ones I really, really wanted were in there. Still, I did get the Judo guy with two golden statues, the circus guy, 2 highway patrolmen, and a singer...

I wanted the ancient and undead minifigs, also, the mime... :(

[URL=http://img.waffleimages.com/185a7fcc05af6b13101b25dcdf5d23bcd2c9526a/IMG_0115[1].JPG][IMG]http://img.waffleimages.com/185a7fcc05af6b13101b25dcdf5d23bcd2c9526a/t/IMG_0115[1].JPG[/IMG][/URL]

Sorry for the lovely phone pic.

That's today's yield: Highwayman, Zombie, Lucha Libre, Vampire, Spartan, Explorer, Mime, Pharaoh, Circus guy and Mexican. The Mexican's hat can go into siesta-mode!

SpecialF
Dec 14, 2004

`You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Aw, I went into the local WHSmith and they were still selling through the yellow bags :( I want new blues!!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

grabbed a dozen at the supermarket yesterday without really expected them to be there, managed to get 11 unique ones and went back for the last 5 today.

I just need to resist getting 300 greek figures now.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Here's a mini scale idea I've been messing with. I apologize in advance for the rainbow warrior but I ran out of the properly colored pieces (a trip to bricklink is needed). Most of the black, white, and gold will be replaced with red.

Next mini-fig scale. Pretty sure that's gonna be expensive.

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Dr. Benway posted:

Here's a mini scale idea I've been messing with. I apologize in advance for the rainbow warrior but I ran out of the properly colored pieces (a trip to bricklink is needed). Most of the black, white, and gold will be replaced with red.

Is that Spike's ship from Cowboy Bebop? I hope a scale version of the Bebop is coming next.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Dr. Benway posted:

I'm not sure if I should post this, as you may have seen it before/I don't wanna influence your own creativity, but this is a pretty good version that has been around for awhile:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=209660
With instructions: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=209776

If you wanna make your own version this might help you out if you get stuck, but there's plenty of room to try your own techniques.

InfinEight fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 20, 2010

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

InfinEight posted:

I'm not sure if I should post this, as you may have seen it before/I don't wanna influence your own creativity, but this is a pretty good version that has been around for awhile

He intentionally built at a much smaller scale than that

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I don't know how many of you follow Penny Arcade, but Gabe posted this the other day, talking about playing Creationary with his son. Which obviously led to today's strip. I presume Tycho will have a newspost later today talking about it.

Gabe's bird is looking pretty good there...someone needs to try building it for real.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

Thanks everyone, I was actually looking at this guy's:

http://vansize32.deviantart.com/art/Cowboy-Bebop-Swordfish-II-Lego-135017654

for inspiration, but adding the folding wing on top. I have a proof of concept, but don't know if it will work in model form + swoshability. If I have time I'll take some shots (of the POC). "atlantis" came around at the right time for me.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

Pyroclastic posted:

I don't know how many of you follow Penny Arcade, but Gabe posted this the other day, talking about playing Creationary with his son. Which obviously led to today's strip. I presume Tycho will have a newspost later today talking about it.

Gabe's bird is looking pretty good there...someone needs to try building it for real.

Sorry for the DP.

Dr. Benway fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 20, 2010

sam.freak
Nov 21, 2004

Went to the local supermarket and bought two of these for €10 each. Half price offers are awesome.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

emoltra posted:

He intentionally built at a much smaller scale than that

He said he wants to make a mini-fig scale one next :)

sam.freak posted:

Went to the local supermarket and bought two of these for €10 each. Half price offers are awesome.

That's a sweet deal, I'd buy a couple at that price too.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

sam.freak posted:

Man, I can't find those anywhere anymore. I was leaving my dark ages just as Mars Mission was hitting end-of-life, and over the course of a few months and a variety of sales, I bought 14 of them. They were a great source of parts.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

InfinEight posted:

I'm not sure if I should post this, as you may have seen it before/I don't wanna influence your own creativity, but this is a pretty good version that has been around for awhile:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=209660
With instructions: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=209776

If you wanna make your own version this might help you out if you get stuck, but there's plenty of room to try your own techniques.

Ohhhh man.

Wish he had a parts list, though.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
Here's something from the world of Trains:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?s=92814fa42f4e24da7bf09da9af3687f5&showtopic=45358

This guy on Eurobricks was interested in running his Lego trains prototypically, that is, the way real trains are run. So he set up a system of signals and built a telegraph to go along with them. That way, multiple operators, none of whom can see the entire track layout, can communicate and send the trains safely down the line. My favorite part of it is that he used the old 4.5 volt trains with period construction techniques to illustrate it.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I went to the Lego Store in Washington Square Mall today (in Oregon), and talked to the store manager. He was pretty open about stuff:

The Harry Potter Castle will be available for pre-sale on Sept 1, and will be in stores on Oct 1.

The Series 2 of mini-figures should be in on Monday or Tuesday this next week, but they got two different emails about selling them - one said to put them out right away, and the other said to wait until Sept 1. He is going to try and get confirmation and I will be calling on Monday to find out.

The Kingdoms Advent Calendar is coming to the US this year, either in late August or Early September. Again, it is a limited supply item just like the City Calendar was last year, and they are supposed to put them out as soon as they come in.

Your Mileage May Vary.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Does anyone know if that Advent Calendar will be available in Canada?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

Someone did

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I just was in a store that had a huge barrel full of the series 1 minifigures (germany). They must have had around a thousand of them left. I guess they overestimated demand here.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Ika posted:

I just was in a store that had a huge barrel full of the series 1 minifigures (germany). They must have had around a thousand of them left. I guess they overestimated demand here.

Send me a package with one of each please! :)

pad thai hi-five
Aug 11, 2003

Oven Wrangler

Ika posted:

Do they ship internationally (Austria)?

Came across these guys today:

Click here for the full 1253x276 image.

I was at a shopping centre to get a key duplicated when i saw that tha toy store there had three boxes of the minifigs sitting at the register. I stopped by an hour later, when one of the boxes was already empty, with my barcode printout and got my fix.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SynthOrange posted:

Someone did

On the following page of that thread, holy gently caress

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Intoxication posted:

Do they ship internationally (Austria)?

I dont think they do any shipping at all, just local pickup :( Are you just missing a few or the entire set?

pad thai hi-five
Aug 11, 2003

Oven Wrangler
I'm basically covered, but i was considering getting extra zombies, astronauts, robots and nurses. It seems that the first series is all but gone here.

Click here for the full 1281x367 image.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Local walmart has all prince of Persia sets on clearance.

5752 for $35
5753 for $55
for 550 and 850 or so pieces, respectively. Unfortunately, I am in college and I ain't got no money. And class starts Monday so there's no time. :smith:

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
I noticed today that my local Walmart had a bunch of the the Galactic Enforcer (5974) sets on clearance for $60, down from the usual $100. There were some others on clearance also, but mostly old Bionicle and Ben 10 stuff.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.
I had no idea there were so many cool new things from LEGO, even aimed towards their older fanbase. This is exciting, and I look forward to contributing my own creations to this thread in the future. :)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Guzwar posted:

Does anyone know if that Advent Calendar will be available in Canada?

If you Northerners cannot get it PM me and I will grab one and ship it to you for cost.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
Hey, if anybody sees the minifigures (s 2) in London, Ontario let me know.

Schizo
Sep 9, 2001

Oh shit, Robotech lawyers!
Tonight, I had to choose between the Hoth set with the wampa and snowspeeder, and the midi-scale star destroyer.

After a long debate, I chose the star destroyer.

I'll be back for the Hoth set next week. :argh:

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Here's something from the world of Trains:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?s=92814fa42f4e24da7bf09da9af3687f5&showtopic=45358

This guy on Eurobricks was interested in running his Lego trains prototypically, that is, the way real trains are run. So he set up a system of signals and built a telegraph to go along with them. That way, multiple operators, none of whom can see the entire track layout, can communicate and send the trains safely down the line. My favorite part of it is that he used the old 4.5 volt trains with period construction techniques to illustrate it.

As someone who works with signaling, this is pretty awesome.

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Aug 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

PopeOnARope posted:

Hey, if anybody sees the minifigures (s 2) in London, Ontario let me know.
Have you tried the place in Waterloo/St. Jacobs?