Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MU Juggernaut, Thor, and the Aim Agent are completely awesome, I didn't hesitate to buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Fish Of Doom posted:

I'd say the best MU figure so far is a toss up between Thor, Extremis Ironman, Ultron, Juggernaut, and wave 8 Colossus. At least those are the ones that really impressed me. The worst is still Human Torch or Punisher from wave 1.

Deadpool and Iceman from the Wolverine series were pretty drat good, and I'd say a lot of the Iron Man 2 figs are great as well.

But yeah, Thor is probably one of the best to come out of this line.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Shiftypenguin posted:

Deadpool and Iceman from the Wolverine series were pretty drat good

They suffer from STUPID RETARDED JOINTS though. The MU leg joints are typically ball-jointed, whereas the ones from Wolverine and Iron Man are swivelers.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Jet Ready Go posted:

They suffer from STUPID RETARDED JOINTS though. The MU leg joints are typically ball-jointed, whereas the ones from Wolverine and Iron Man are swivelers.

Yeah, I always hated those joints even in ML, but they're a lot worse in the 4" scale. The new legs joints that Colossus, Juggernaut, Thor, Extremis Iron Man, and AIM Soldier have with the cut thighs is pretty much perfect for the scale.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Recent hauls. I think the Ash Wood stuff is about to start flooding my house pretty regularly. I got Medic Bertie yesterday and Blanc de Plume today.

The engineering on this thing is wild, for something so small. I imagine it's pretty cost-prohibitive, hence them costing 40 bucks this week:

And their home for now:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Finally scored the Iron Man 2 "Comic Series" Hulkbuster Ironman figure today at Wal-Mart. He's actually really articulated and I think he's pretty neat. :3:

Also picked up the 6" Wal-Mart exclusive Mark V figure, haven't opened it up and fiddled with it yet though. I like the detail on it, though, it looks a lot better than the 4" version (which was still pretty drat cool).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know anything about headswapping the Dc Direct 13" figures?

I have a Superman and a Bizarro, and kinda want to put them on display, but with a body that doesn't suck. I hate cut joints :saddowns:

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Here's a bunch of stuff you can have for the cost of shipping. I can post more info about any of them if you want. There's more photos on the way.

There's a good chance I have the accessories for any given fig, but no guarantees.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'll take that Hellboy and Mr. Freeze off your hands.

Edit-- also, what's the figure next to the Witchblade one? Batgirl? Do you have better pics of that figure?

Thanks! :cheers:

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 19, 2010

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Ooh... I'd like to call dibs on mojo, riddler, power man, iron fist, moon knight, capt. britain, beta ray bill and onslaught, if possible.

Also, if you happen to have the right arm for MODOK that came with that Thorbuster Iron Man, I'd love to take it off your hands. I somehow managed to lose mine.

Let me know what you want for them.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I will take Hal, Brainiac, Lex and whatever that thing is in the bottom right of the first pic.

Thanks!

edit - Firestorm too. Can't have enough figures with a head that's on fire :)

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Bushifox and Djarum have first dibs on whatever.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

whatever that thing is in the bottom right of the first pic.

That is a Beetle figure from some old Spider-Man line. One night I decided to see what his face looked like under his helmet, so I tore his helmet off. Only his translucent head remains.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Putting in for Gen (for a custom) , that transforming Venom (one of the last 6" Marvel figs I don't have), Batgirl (one of the LAST DCU figs I'm missing :doom:) but recognize any previous waiver claims.

I also just went through my spare box Bushi and all the Marvel stuff is gone minus one 4" Thor :(

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If people want to convince me to give them a figure instead of someone else, they should donate some money to a charity or something like that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'll take a lot of those Legends figures if they're not claimed. Great custom fodder.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

bgaesop posted:

If people want to convince me to give them a figure instead of someone else, they should donate some money to a charity or something like that.

Regardless of whether or not I get any figures, I'll make sure to donate to at least one of those charities after my birthday next Wednesday.

Wouldn't mind the Hal Jordan and Orion figures if they're available.

Thanks for doing this. Perhaps I'll do something similar one of these days when I find the box with all my old action figures.

Question! Has there ever been a Marvel Boy (Noh Varr) figure?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I promise to give Steel and Hulkbuster Iron Man a good home. :)

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Die Laughing posted:

Regardless of whether or not I get any figures, I'll make sure to donate to at least one of those charities after my birthday next Wednesday.

Hooray! By Hal Jordan, do you mean the Green Lantern or Parallax version? Or both?

edit: Wait I hosed up and posted a picture twice instead of posting this picture:

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 20, 2010

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Oddly, I've got a bunch of stuff - shirts, books, weird swag, etc. - related to my job that I've been meaning to get rid of before I move. It's all weird poo poo, but it's the kind of stuff fans of the games I've worked on tend to go nuts over. My plan has been to auction it off and give the proceeds to some charity (it seemed ethically weird to sell stuff I got through work for personal gain). Since I make video games, it probably makes sense to donate the proceeds to Childs Play.

Or if - for some reason - you have interest in weird BioWare/EA/Mythic/Warhammer stuff, I could certainly give it to you instead.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

bgaesop posted:

You are awesome and I'll only take a few, and people should really donate regardless.

I would like: Witchblade, batgirl(that has been begged for soooo much) x-whatever the wolverine girl clone is named, spiderwoman, nightcrawler, and the baron zemo(which is for me because I only have the unmasked version so I'll throw an extra couple of bucks into my donation box for that one).

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Do you want the Nightcrawler who has a button on his back that makes his eyes and mouth glow, or the X-Men Evolution Nightcrawler? Spider-Woman's armpit webbing has disintegrated.

Funtax: Thanks for the offer, but I have no desire for any of that stuff. Good on you for going the charity option too!

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

bgaesop posted:

Can I get Deadpool? I was looking for that silly fucker since forever. I will gladly give you shipping and then buy a sandwich for a Hobo.

If you have any Marvel Universe figures or Transformers Seekers I'd love to take a look at those too.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Deadpool has, I think, 1 gun out of the many accessories he started with. I have no MU (those are the 4" ones, right?) nor do I have any Seekers. I do have some Transformers, though, including some pretty dang old ones, if I can find them.

I'm rooting through my room at my mom's right now, those photos are the stuff from my dad's. It's a tear-jerking mixture of nostalgia and dust. And Toy Story 3 playing in the background.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

bgaesop posted:

Hooray! By Hal Jordan, do you mean the Green Lantern or Parallax version? Or both?

edit: Wait I hosed up and posted a picture twice instead of posting this picture:

Who's the white hooded looking guy in the upper right?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bgaesop posted:

That is a Beetle figure from some old Spider-Man line. One night I decided to see what his face looked like under his helmet, so I tore his helmet off. Only his translucent head remains.

Ah, cool. Thought it was some kinda spaceman version of a Luthorcorp trooper. I will still take him as custom fodder for the afore mentioned luthorcorp trooper.

Dunno if it helps or hinders, but already gave what I could to unicef a week or so ago. It's kinda cool. I have helped 2 completely different nations with the same problems cause by 2 completely different issues. Life is weird that way.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

bgaesop posted:

I'll take that Wasp off your hands, too.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CapnAndy posted:

Who's the white hooded looking guy in the upper right?

Gandalf the White.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

bgaesop posted:

Do you want the Nightcrawler who has a button on his back that makes his eyes and mouth glow, or the X-Men Evolution Nightcrawler? Spider-Woman's armpit webbing has disintegrated.

I don't even see one that has a button on the back, I just see the evolutions one. And that is fine about spider-woman.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Bushifox posted:

I don't even see one that has a button on the back, I just see the evolutions one. And that is fine about spider-woman.

It's next to Metallo in this picture

http://imgur.com/niIZC.jpg

gregday
May 23, 2003

This fucker should be mine very soon.

I just got my cape that has been in R&D for 5 years and it's amazing. I'll try to post a photo of it but it's so huge and hard to fan out. The maker used the same electrostatic flocking process as they did for the film. Note: this only means that iron particles are fused to the fibers to keep it pitch black, not that somehow springs into a bat shape when you run a current through it. That technology doesn't exist. Yet.

edit: You can sort of tell by this photo: http://gregday.org/batman/large-10.html There isn't much to see, but that's kind of the point. The thing is ENORMOUS, but even folded over and draping like that, and with a light shining on it, you still can't see any folds or wrinkles. It's like some kind of magic space black hole technology that does not reflect light.

gregday fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 20, 2010

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Goddammit you need to get a better camera. You own far too much cool poo poo to keep taking those crappy, grainy photos of it. At least borrow a camera from a friend!

gregday
May 23, 2003

bgaesop posted:

Goddammit you need to get a better camera. You own far too much cool poo poo to keep taking those crappy, grainy photos of it. At least borrow a camera from a friend!

The upper photos on the page are when I was using a crap camera, but the bottom ones are from a Nikon DSLR. I'm still trying to finish up the new torso armor, so until I do I'm leaving the lovely photos up there. I really want to replace them but I don't have all the pieces in hand to reshoot them yet. I usually take 40 shots for every one I end up keeping.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Okay, apparently my eyes are just crap or something, but what else is new.

How much did the cape cost? What's it made out of besides iron? Would it offer any sort of protection? How much does it weigh?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

McDonalds toys are cool again!

Thor squaring off against his $2 dollar adversary!
(His legs and his arms are bendable!)

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I took the last few photos of my figs but the battery on my camera died just as I was uploading them, so you'll have to wait a bit to see them. Regardless of who you are you're in for some treats. There's some more rare classic Legends figures, some more good children's toys, and of course, the Big Bad Beetleborgs.

Most importantly, you have until tomorrow (Sunday the 22nd) evening to claim any figures you want! So check back later, because there will be more and you will want them. My next post should contain the last of the major pictures, but if I find more stuff as I'm rooting through my room I'll throw it up.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

This one is upside down for some reason:

And last and definitely not least, this guy:

This was my very first action figure. It's Spider-Man, from the 90s cartoon, and he's wearing a symbiote capturing device. The back of it pops open and the little symbiote dude can fit in there. It's a bit of a heartbreaker for me to let this one go, but I think I'm going to. This one goes to Bushifox's kids.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Okay so here's how this is going to work: My paypal is my username (at) gmail (dot) com. You can either send me $10 and your address, or just email me your address. If you do the latter, I will go to the post office with the box, weight it, get the proper shipping, send it out, and then tell you to paypal me however much I paid. This will probably be cheaper than $10, but I don't know by how much, and I make no guarantees.

If you pick the former, I will put your figures in a flat rate box, jam in anything else I think you may be interested in, wrap the whole thing in (crumpled up?) terrible comics from the 90s, and send it out that way.

If you pick the former and then it turns out to be really easy and cheap to send out non-flat-rate boxes and I change my mind and decide to send them out that way, then I'll donate the difference to Doctors Without Borders.

Note: if you want a whole lot of figures (I don't think anyone does so far) I may need a large flat rate box instead of a small one, and those are $20. I'll tell you if I need that before sending anything out, though. edit: Funtax, Mojo will not fit into a medium box

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 22, 2010

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Die Laughing posted:

Wouldn't mind the Hal Jordan and Orion figures if they're available.

Flanders also wanted Jordan but you said you'd donate to charity, quick Flanders show him up!

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Greenhaired girl, if that is a female x-men movie character in the upside down picture, the two godzilla thingys, and war machine would be welcome additions to my aforementioned :
Witchblade, batgirl(that has been begged for soooo much) x-whatever the wolverine girl clone is named, spiderwoman, nightcrawler (x-men evolutions), and the baron zemo(which is for me because I only have the unmasked version so I'll throw an extra couple of bucks into my donation box for that one).

Edit: paypal sent via gift with my address. If you have any other unclaimed female characters those seem to be hot topics these days.

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He can have Hal, but I still need Lex and Brainiac and Firestorm :)

I will shoot you the :10bux: tonight, and if you want to send em in a small flat rate box, that's cool. If you want to send em just parcel post, that's cool too. Not in a hurry for em, and helping DWB is worth the extra cash.