Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Sent you the payment via paypal, and marked it as a gift so they don't yank out any extra fees.

Added the address to send em to as well.

On a side note, I am thinking of making a lex luthor custom, but in a 1/6th scale. I haven't had much chance or time to really look into the various bodies, etc. Does anyone know of a good bald head, a decent body type and a decent suit? Not looking to break the bank on it, but I do want a somewhat cool looking Lex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Does anyone happen to have a broken Modern Iron Man? I lost the faceplate on mine :mad:

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
I sent a PM but was wondering if these ones were available. I'm totally interested in:

Both Batmans
Bullseye
Cyber Rhino
Savage Dragon
Hush
Captain Marvel
Ripclaw
Bishop
Classic Green Hulk

If those haven't been claimed, I imagine that'd be a large box. I'd happily pay a little bit more than what you posted for a large box for those and you can ship it the cheapest way possible if you want (I'm not in any rush). Also have the money ready for gifting should you give me an ok.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Which one of you is Jeff P?

Donde Esta posted:

Also have the money ready for gifting should you give me an ok.

I don't know what this means. Also, by 'both Batmans' did you mean both the DC Universe Superheroes ones, not any of the smaller The Batman ones with cloth capes?

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

bgaesop posted:

Which one of you is Jeff P?

I don't know what this means. Also, by 'both Batmans' did you mean both the DC Universe Superheroes ones, not any of the smaller The Batman ones with cloth capes?

Yes, I'm interested in the DC Superheroes ones, the S3 and the regular Superheroes line one, sorry if that was confusing. I was wondering if A.) Those figures I asked about were still available and B.) If that would qualify as a Large box. If the answer to both of those questions is yes, then I can happily send you a paypal payment.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
All of them are still available except for Captain Marvel. Unless wait, did you mean the Shazam one or the Mar-Vell one? Mar-Vell is taken, Shazam is available. This will probably be a large box, who knows we'll see.

In your PM you mentioned Hulks, plural. I have the Green Hulk with articulated fingers, Grey Hulk, Maestro, and Green Scar. Which of those did you want?

Coming soon: another photo of more figures!

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 22, 2010

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
As promised, here's some more figures. There may be some repitition here because I mixed the new figures in with some old ones accidentally, so if there is just ignore it. Except for the transforming Venom, I actually have two of those. Anime Powerup gets one, but the other could be yours!

edit: M.O.D.O.K. is flipping all of you off

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

bgaesop posted:

All of them are still available except for Captain Marvel. Unless wait, did you mean the Shazam one or the Mar-Vell one? Mar-Vell is taken, Shazam is available. This will probably be a large box, who knows we'll see.

Sounds good. Sorry for being so confusing. Here's a more precise list:

Cyber Rhino
Bullseye
Savage Dragon
S3 Sculpt Batman (DCSH Line, Big Brown Pouches)
DC Super Heroes Batman (Bright blue, a bit taller/skinnier)
Bishop
Hush
Ripclaw
Green Hulk in Purple Pants pictured next to Grey Hulk

I was wondering about Mar-Vell, but if he's gone that's fine. Sent the money.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

bgaesop posted:

Okay so here's how this is going to work: My paypal is my username (at) gmail (dot) com. You can either send me $10 and your address, or just email me your address. If you do the latter, I will go to the post office with the box, weight it, get the proper shipping, send it out, and then tell you to paypal me however much I paid. This will probably be cheaper than $10, but I don't know by how much, and I make no guarantees.

If you pick the former, I will put your figures in a flat rate box, jam in anything else I think you may be interested in, wrap the whole thing in (crumpled up?) terrible comics from the 90s, and send it out that way.

If you pick the former and then it turns out to be really easy and cheap to send out non-flat-rate boxes and I change my mind and decide to send them out that way, then I'll donate the difference to Doctors Without Borders.

Note: if you want a whole lot of figures (I don't think anyone does so far) I may need a large flat rate box instead of a small one, and those are $20. I'll tell you if I need that before sending anything out, though. edit: Funtax, Mojo will not fit into a medium box
Paypal sent!
I'll take the following off your hands:
- Mr Freeze
- Hellboy
- Morrigan
- Wasp

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

bgaesop posted:

edit: Funtax, Mojo will not fit into a medium box

Money sent!

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

bgaesop posted:

M.O.D.O.K. is flipping all of you off

Just sent you an email to confirm shipping costs. Thanks!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
MODOK is awesome :allears:

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm gonna spend all day today packing stuff up and hopefully things should get out in the mail tomorrow!

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

Does anyone happen to have a broken Modern Iron Man? I lost the faceplate on mine :mad:

Nope that's one of the ones I'm keeping for myself, modern armour rules

CapnAndy posted:

MODOK is awesome :allears:

M.O.D.O.K. OWNS ALL OF YOU FOREVER

Bushifox posted:

Greenhaired girl, if that is a female x-men movie character in the upside down picture

Are these a description of the same person? I don't know who you mean by 'greenhaired girl' but there is in fact a Jean Gray in the upside down picture. She's unarticulated and comes with a snap-off slime cover, she's an accessory that came with Toad.

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 22, 2010

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

bgaesop posted:

M.O.D.O.K. OWNS ALL OF YOU FOREVER
Mental Organism Designed Only for Kollecting?

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

bgaesop posted:

Are these a description of the same person? I don't know who you mean by 'greenhaired girl' but there is in fact a Jean Gray in the upside down picture. She's unarticulated and comes with a snap-off slime cover, she's an accessory that came with Toad.

Two different. The green haired anime girl with her arms up. But I'd take the jean grey and the toad too if you like.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bushifox posted:

Two different. The green haired anime girl with her arms up. But I'd take the jean grey and the toad too if you like.

Oh, you mean the girl in the upper left in this picture? That's Morrigan. She's a succubus. I'm not sure how appropriate a character that is to give your daughters, she's all legs and boobs and has sex to steal men's souls, plus Xenomrph already wanted it. If you want it you have first dibs though, like I said.

Toad and Jean are yours though.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

bgaesop posted:

Oh, you mean the girl in the upper left in this picture? That's Morrigan. She's a succubus. I'm not sure how appropriate a character that is to give your daughters, she's all legs and boobs and has sex to steal men's souls, plus Xenomrph already wanted it. If you want it you have first dibs though, like I said.

Toad and Jean are yours though.

That sounds like a perfect thing to teach kids! Xeno can have it so I don't argue with him about scalping again.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bushifox posted:

That sounds like a perfect thing to teach kids! Xeno can have it so I don't argue with him about scalping again.
Thanks!

I vaguely remember arguing with you about scalping but it must have been a long time ago or something. No hard feelings or anything, we're all cool dudes on the Internet. :glomp:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

With the price increase on toys and ebay fees lately it's getting pretty hard to scalp. When I buy extras of stuff then lose the receipts, I can't even break even on a lot of things that are allegedly rare/popular.
Lesson: Don't lose receipts!

I mean not that I scalp or feel sorry for anyone :ninja:

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 23, 2010

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

With the price increase on toys and ebay fees lately it's getting pretty hard to scalp. When I buy extras of stuff then lose the receipts, I can't even break even on a lot of things that are allegedly rare/popular.
Lesson: Don't lose receipts!

I mean not that I scalp or feel sorry for anyone :ninja:

Alternately, don't be a worthless douchebag. If you only buy the stuff YOU want, you never have to worry about recovering your "expenses" by fleecing strangers.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I understand people have to make money, but I hated when my dad would take me to a comic show, and I'd find out why I couldn't find that Batman I wanted at Toys R Us.

Same thing with comic books. Felt a little ill seeing how people were snatching up as many copies of the Spider-Man 9-11 issue that they could.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

funtax posted:

Alternately, don't be a worthless douchebag. If you only buy the stuff YOU want, you never have to worry about recovering your "expenses" by fleecing strangers.

I usually buy extras of stuff other people to send to people AT COST on message boards , including numerous people here in the past (including you), so gently caress off.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Aug 23, 2010

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Hrm... my bad.

You appear to have some kind of magical reg date. That, combined with the wording of your post and an inability to remember most forum handles, failed to set off my sarcasm detector. All I saw was "dude who registered today talking about how hard scalping has become".

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

I usually buy extras of stuff other people to send to people AT COST on message boards , including numerous people here in the past (including you), so gently caress off.

Whups. What did I start. We love you cocoman of the changing username.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Bushifox posted:

:tipshat:

I guess I just don't get scalping. It seems like an awful lot of effort for little money (unless you have a store front or something, but that's more overhead).

\/ Hah no sweat. I hope this post clarified what I was saying.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 23, 2010

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Bushifox posted:

Ah, sweet clarity.

AnImE pOwErUp:

Double d'oh. Even after you replied, I still couldn't quite figure out who I was talking to. I'm getting old. Or it's just become impossible to keep track of people on forums.

Sorry for giving you poo poo.

gregday
May 23, 2003

bgaesop posted:

Okay, apparently my eyes are just crap or something, but what else is new.

How much did the cape cost? What's it made out of besides iron? Would it offer any sort of protection? How much does it weigh?

The cape was $425. The guy who made it calls it parachute silk, but it's clearly something entirely custom made and he acknowledges that. The outside is sort of a softer, more felt-y material, and the inside is sort of crumply and just a bit lighter than the pitch black outside. I believe the inside almost matches the foam-grey/black that the suit and cowl are cast in. I honestly have never felt any fabric like it before. It is VERY light and doesn't have that "hanging drapes" effect that most capes do from their own weight. It is 100% identical to the actual screen-used "hero" cape that Bale wore for closeups. I doubt it would offer any sort of protection at all, except from the rain (waterproof).

edit: Here's a shot showing the inside and outside. That's not me in the photo; it's the guy who made it. This photo shows the exact cape I received. It was a limited run I believe, less than 10.

gregday fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 23, 2010

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

bgaesop posted:

Sorry for the delay, had a wedding to go to this weekend. Sent you a PM.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
gently caress your heteronormative 'weddings', man! No figures for you!

Actually it's just that all the unclaimed figs are over at my mom's on the other side of town :shobon: My friend who works at Toys'R'Us is bringing me a bunch of cardboard boxes this evening and I'll try to send out everyone else's figures tomorrow.

If you do end up missing out this time, I will undoubtedly do this again in the future since nowhere close to all of my crap got grabbed, so you'll get your chance! Probably in the winter or next summer, when I'm back at my parentss'ss.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

bgaesop posted:

I'll try to send out everyone else's figures tomorrow.

Just sent you money to make sure I got in before the deadline!

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Here's who I have with what. I have all these in ziploc bags over here, at my dad's, and as soon as I get enough boxes I will ship them out.

Anime Powerup
Transforming Venom
Captain Marvel (the Kree one)

Xenomrph
Morrigan (she's missing her back-wings but comes with a translucent orange bat!)
Mr. Freeze
The Wasp
Hellboy

Funtax
Mojo
Moon Knight
Beta Ray Bill
Captain Britain
The Riddler
The Immortal Iron Fist

Bushifox
Spider-Woman
Nightcrawler (from X-Men Evolution)
Witchblade
Godzilla
Mecha-King Ghidora (a wing is broken)
X-23
Luke Cage the Power Man
Baron Zemo
Jean Grey (I couldn't find Toad!)
Batgirl
two more mystery figures! One's for kids and one's a lady

CapnAndy
Hulkbuster Iron Man
Steel
Maestro
Dr. Strange (his cape is broken)

Die Laughing
Orion
Hal Jordan, Evil (more like True amirite) Hal Jordan, and someone who is Cooler Than Hal Jordan because gently caress Hal Jordan

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Firestorm
Brainiac
The Beetle (I found his helmet!)
Lex Luthor

Jet Ready Go
Giant Man and also Ant Man
Thor
Onslaught
Deadpool
gently caress I left M.O.D.O.K. at my mom's place S.H.I.T.!

Donde Esta
The Incredible Hulk
Bishop (I found all his guns!)
Hush (fuuck I kind of wanted to keep this one because his name's like my name but I never played with it so w/e)
Batman
Batman
Ripclaw
Bullseye
Savage Dragon
The Rhino

aaaand that's it.

I kinda dropped the ball on grabbing extra figures to jam in there because I misremembered my schedule and as a result had to drag all the stuff I'm shipping to my dad's. Anyways, I'll try to stuff some comics in there, and there better be no complaining anyways because y'alls getting cheap as poo poo figures anyways. Plus I'll probably do this again in a few months/a year and you can get more then.

You must post pics of what you do with the figures or else you's a dick!

edit: I am so drunk right now

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 23, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Thumbs up from me! :cheers:
Having said that, did you say you had two Transforming Venoms or something? If you've got the other one handy I'll take it off your hands, if not then it's no big deal.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I do have two but nothing that is not on that list is available easily

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Toys R Us got in an encore wave of Futurama toys from Toynami. So far just Bender and Fry in the case we got. Heads up in case anyone wants these.

Also has anyone seen the new DCUC wave at Kmart yet? I'm afraid of mine so I want to know if anyone has seen them yet before I risk getting shot/AIDS.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

bgaesop posted:

I do have two but nothing that is not on that list is available easily
No problem, just curious. :)

Thanks again!

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I don't know if anyone else is buying them too, but I spotted the GI Joe: Pursuit of Cobra wave 2 at Target today. Scored a Dusty, Zartan and Jungle Viper. Out of all three, Dusty is my favorite, he looks awesome. Plus I am loving instead of clunky masks to put over the head, they just include an alternate masked head inside of the package like how they did with Firefly, I hope they continue to do this.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yo you got my list messed up I had wanted Gen and Transforming Venom.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

I got my Plastic Man in the mail this weekend. Thank you for it; it's fantastic.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I opened mine and messed with it for a while then put it back in the card. It mostly makes me want Plastic Man goggles IRL.
Glad it showed up OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

Oh drat! I thought by Gen you meant Genis-Vell. I should have known you meant Gen the Street Fighter character. drat. Well, if I can get back to my mom's I'll pick it up along with everything else.

Edit: The deadline has passed. Don't PM me asking for anything.

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 24, 2010