Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterFreshman
Aug 30, 2008
The song that runs throughout this video please: http://vimeo.com/10357398

I've tried turning it up so i could listen to the lyrics that come up once the music fades for the coach to talk, then hoping to google the lyrics, but haven't had any luck.

MisterFreshman fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Edit: doesn't matter, I found it.

VolumeOverTalent fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 14, 2010

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

CerpinTaxt posted:

Alright, I've searched around some and haven't found this song in the thread yet. I've actually got a reverse music challenge for anyone that's up for it. I know the name of the song, album, artist, everything. But I cannot find the drat song to save my life.

It is Liam Lynch's "Wax Wings" off of his album, Eel. I really need help with some solid internet sleuthing on this one -- Amazon, iTunes, YouTube, seedy and decrepit web pages, as well as multiple pages worth of Google searches have done nothing. At best, I've gotten one or two dead links after some deep searching. I even went so far as to recently try emailing Lynch on his website, but to no avail. As far as I know the album is out of print, of which I've found little to no information about. I'm ultimately interested in the song itself, first and foremost.

I was able to find a cover of the song done by Glenn Case...but it just simply isn't the same.

I originally found it years and years ago during the Napster heyday. Unfortunately, the computer poo poo out on me. Since it was a family computer, my parents threw it out without my consent before I could retrieve anything from it.

I really love this song and miss listening to it. You all are pretty much my last hope. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Contact me on AIM: LaferM (sorry I don't have plat)

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
nevermind, im a tard

A LOVELY LAD fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 15, 2010

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Defnoops posted:

Crossposting from my PYF/R post:

Having failed miserably with googling what lyrics I think I can hear from a TV show, I turn to you lovely lot to help me find out who the artist is and what song it is.

The TV show is called Top Buzzer, a British cannabis comedy that ran for one season. From my searches there is pretty much bugger all information about it that I could find, let alone soundtracks listed for each episode.

My hearing isn't the greatest and I can only make out a few possible lines from the song, but again I've been turning up nothing.

The song in question starts at about 2:29 here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItBLGQ2Vv_Q

The bits I think I've picked out are very short and pretty much incorrect it seems:

then i dont remember what/who i was looking for

couldn't find the door

drop it on the floor

Another Goon suggested the following as the lyrics, but again with no google hits:

... Couldn't find a door, then I don't remember who I was looking for,
You'll just be some bad person, drop it on the floor,
Then I can't remember [?] anymore...

Any help would be brilliant and I thank you in advance.

Found it on accident, apparently it was on Top Gear S15e06 during one of the segments.

David Holmes - Wooden Heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZkKuKdC9EM

Crazy Eye Joe
Apr 12, 2006
I was in a shop and heard some really cool trip hop or sort of jazzy sample based stuff, I think. I asked the guy what it was, and he said it was called King Ghidorah (not sure about the spelling), but all I've been able to find is the MF Doom side project King Geedorah, and I can't remember having heard any rap in the song I heard at the store. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the song, it was Monster Zero by King Geedorah.

Crazy Eye Joe fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 16, 2010

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

I was out chillin with the bros over the weekend (not doin anything gay or nothin) and I heard this song come on the speakers. It was disco punk, very trashy. Standard distorted guitars, 4-on-the-floor, and not too bass heavy. The primary vocalist was male, but there might have also been a female vocalist, but I was really drunk and cannot remember very well. I'd say the song was between 110-130 bpm. Very dancey. Reminded me of a trashier Moving Units. I really want to say that it sounds fairly recent, but I could be wrong.

All I remember from the song were the lyrics: "Why is it always you", or some permutation of it. That's fuckin it.

Tell me what song this is and I'll paypal you two bux, for realz

Teeben
Aug 1, 2009
I was in H&M and heard this newer sounding R&B song, possibly called "You Did Me Wrong" sung by a back woman and included Hall and Oats Sara Smile chorus

lou reed
Aug 20, 2005

How is babby made?
I heard a song in Barnes and Noble today, a rock song with a really peppy beat and a violin part in the background. It was a guy singing and one line was something similar to "we made our introductions." It sounded pretty contemporary. Help!

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
1940s or 1950s song. Only thing I remember are the lyrics "so get out of here with that" thud thud thud thud "and dont come back no more", followed by a refrain from the background singers. Similar humorous style to the Playmate's Beep Beep, with the identity of thud thud thud thud never revealed. My father used to play it when I was younger, but I dont remember it well enough for a proper search.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Meat Recital posted:

1940s or 1950s song. Only thing I remember are the lyrics "so get out of here with that" thud thud thud thud "and dont come back no more", followed by a refrain from the background singers. Similar humorous style to the Playmate's Beep Beep, with the identity of thud thud thud thud never revealed. My father used to play it when I was younger, but I dont remember it well enough for a proper search.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWPx-fw0mI8

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

The other day at the gym I heard a song on what I assume is either a Top 40 or current pop radio station. The only thing I have to go by is that the chorus sounds almost identical to the chorus from Rich Mullins' "Awesome God":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lvTsn32pWg

(apologies for the horrid song)

Any guesses?

monimolimnovicar
Aug 31, 2005

On the Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within DVD 2 there is a short video called The Gray Project that has this snippet of an old ambient/techno-ish thing.

I am certain I have heard this before somewhere, maybe on Musical Starstreams.

Any techno-goons know what this might be?

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Bit of an obscure request but I recognise part of Swan Lake. I think it's from a film, possibly a horror film? Something like a protagonist who finds out something terrible? Sorry about the vagueness of it all but I'd appreciate any attempts, it's a nice piece too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph3h2IJAsgk&feature=related#t=0m45s ...until about 1:18

Tann fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 20, 2010

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

Tann posted:

Bit of an obscure request but I recognise part of Swan Lake. I think it's from a film, possibly a horror film? Something like a protagonist who finds out something terrible? Sorry about the vagueness of it all but I'd appreciate any attempts, it's a nice piece too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph3h2IJAsgk&feature=related#t=0m45s ...until about 1:18

Not a horror film at all or anything like what you describe, but the only movie I remember playing part of Swan Lake is Billy Elliot, where he's on the ferry with his teacher and again at the end when he's starring in Swan Lake. Probably not it, but who knows.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

chachu posted:

Not a horror film at all or anything like what you describe, but the only movie I remember playing part of Swan Lake is Billy Elliot, where he's on the ferry with his teacher and again at the end when he's starring in Swan Lake. Probably not it, but who knows.

I think I've seen that film so it could be that. I'll see if I can find that part anywhere- thanks.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
This is a song I heard on KROQ(socal), It starts out with a guy singing really fast, the first word he says is wakeup, or get up, then he sings really fast then the song slows down, then gets fast again. I couldn't tell you what the song is about but near the end he sings about angels. Genre is rock.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

b0nes posted:

This is a song I heard on KROQ(socal), It starts out with a guy singing really fast, the first word he says is wakeup, or get up, then he sings really fast then the song slows down, then gets fast again. I couldn't tell you what the song is about but near the end he sings about angels. Genre is rock.

System of a Down - Chop Suey, probably.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

The Human Cow posted:

System of a Down - Chop Suey, probably.

You guys are good, thanks!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

CerpinTaxt posted:

Alright, I've searched around some and haven't found this song in the thread yet. I've actually got a reverse music challenge for anyone that's up for it. I know the name of the song, album, artist, everything. But I cannot find the drat song to save my life.

It is Liam Lynch's "Wax Wings" off of his album, Eel. I really need help with some solid internet sleuthing on this one -- Amazon, iTunes, YouTube, seedy and decrepit web pages, as well as multiple pages worth of Google searches have done nothing. At best, I've gotten one or two dead links after some deep searching. I even went so far as to recently try emailing Lynch on his website, but to no avail. As far as I know the album is out of print, of which I've found little to no information about. I'm ultimately interested in the song itself, first and foremost.

I was able to find a cover of the song done by Glenn Case...but it just simply isn't the same.

I originally found it years and years ago during the Napster heyday. Unfortunately, the computer poo poo out on me. Since it was a family computer, my parents threw it out without my consent before I could retrieve anything from it.

I really love this song and miss listening to it. You all are pretty much my last hope. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Got the same exact problem, tried all the legal venues I can think of.

The song I'm looking for however, is Digital Explosion - Galaxy of Magic .

The site I'm supposed to be able to acquire the song from hasn't been updated since half a decade ago, and the site selling the albums only stocks a single one of them these days (not the one I wanted).

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

Tann posted:

I think I've seen that film so it could be that. I'll see if I can find that part anywhere- thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91iLdf_WHOI and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5BSyJ_vlHo (apparently it's not the part that you posted, but ah well, maybe.)

SlumPrincess
Jan 1, 2006

Soon....soon I'm gonna make you a star

evilmiera posted:

Got the same exact problem, tried all the legal venues I can think of.

The song I'm looking for however, is Digital Explosion - Galaxy of Magic .

The site I'm supposed to be able to acquire the song from hasn't been updated since half a decade ago, and the site selling the albums only stocks a single one of them these days (not the one I wanted).

check your PMs

Dark-E
Oct 1, 2006
Suck out the poison. Quick!
I remember that this song that I'm looking for, had a creepy vibe.
The video was about a women who in her motel room's bath found something that is never shown the whole music video. She's disgusted and calls for manager. Then the cops show, ambulance and at the end of the video of the medics decide to check what it is and then video ends.

Anyone?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Dark-E posted:

I remember that this song that I'm looking for, had a creepy vibe.
The video was about a women who in her motel room's bath found something that is never shown the whole music video. She's disgusted and calls for manager. Then the cops show, ambulance and at the end of the video of the medics decide to check what it is and then video ends.

Anyone?

Junior Jack - Thrill Me

The "disgusting thing" is also bizarrely some kind of aphrodesiac that also makes everyone start having sex with each other. It's the most "wtc :psyduck:" video ever.

Edit: they do show what it is at the end but it's pixellated and you can't really make it out.

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Aug 22, 2010

Long Wang
Aug 28, 2006

There's a song which has a jumble of sounds put together in a song, perhaps a dance or techno song. It's hard to describe but the only words are from the song Lets All Chant "my body, your body, everybody..." put somewhere in the middle.

Anyone know this?

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
I have no idea how to describe this, but I'll try anyway. Two nights ago, during an ayahuasca ceremony I heard a song and it was awesome. I can only describe the singing as some sort of yodeling. The song was incredibly joyful. It almost felt like a song that would fit a Disney lovescene. I believe I could identify at least two male singers. But I'm not too sure. There was a band backing the vocals.

It's not Hocus pocus by focus by the way. Please help, I need to hear this again.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

CaptainMcArrr posted:

Okay this is driving me insane, I heard a song the other day and I can't find it.

It was kinda folky (maybe), had a female singer, her voice was a bit raspy I think, and there might have been some whistling. It was a really catchy song, I think.

Help!
edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros - home?

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

The other day at the gym I heard a song on what I assume is either a Top 40 or current pop radio station. The only thing I have to go by is that the chorus sounds almost identical to the chorus from Rich Mullins' "Awesome God":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lvTsn32pWg

(apologies for the horrid song)

Any guesses?
That's an interesting way to describe a song. Airplanes, maybe??

Charleston Jew fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 23, 2010

stoops
Jun 11, 2001
I want to know, what the name of this jazz song is. There are no words, just drums, bass, and I believe a coronet. The closest thing I can describe this song, is inspirational, and the bass riff (bass sounding piano) sounds just like the bass on a Gorillaz song "I ain't happy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctPijF7IQ_Q&feature=fvst

It also sounds like its in a 5/4 count. If you know your jazz, then you'd know it...i think.

The coronet part in the verse of the song, is in 4/4 time, but the chorus part is in 5/4.

this is for a friend., thanks guys.

ah, figured it: take five from dave brubeck

stoops fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 23, 2010

digadigadoo
Apr 1, 2007
Help, I'm trying to id a song I heard at a dj set at a club/bar last weekend, the dj was spinnning electronic dance music. The track has has vocals and a guitar/synth riff that repeats. I tried to mimic it on my guitar:

if anyone can id it from my crap guitar that would be awesome

andy17null
Nov 29, 2007

I'M SO GODDAMN RETARDED, I THINK THIS IS LITERALLY REAL MONEY
Sounds kinda like a riff from Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd, I have no idea what samples that song though.

edit: you might try contacting the DJ, if someone had a similar request for one of my sets i'd do what I could to help

rockem
Aug 4, 2010

:krad:

digadigadoo posted:

Help, I'm trying to id a song I heard at a dj set at a club/bar last weekend, the dj was spinnning electronic dance music. The track has has vocals and a guitar/synth riff that repeats. I tried to mimic it on my guitar:

if anyone can id it from my crap guitar that would be awesome

Huh. Not very electronic, but your sample sounds a bit like "Blister in the Sun."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocQeP1UOwss&feature=related

digadigadoo
Apr 1, 2007
Yeah it's not Blister in the Sun, although it sounds very much alike! I'll see if I can contact the DJ. Thanks guys.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Heard parts of this in an early rap mashup on the radio. The song was in that really speak-y sort of rap I associate with the 80s, and the story was roughly: there was a guy who was short on cash, so he started robbing people and couldn't stop. Then he got caught by a cop who beat him, and the kid had a gun but knew he'd get years if he shot him, so he took of running, but then this female cop cut him off and he shot her.

Ring a bell?

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

Ninja fetus posted:

I have no idea how to describe this, but I'll try anyway. Two nights ago, during an ayahuasca ceremony I heard a song and it was awesome. I can only describe the singing as some sort of yodeling. The song was incredibly joyful. It almost felt like a song that would fit a Disney lovescene. I believe I could identify at least two male singers. But I'm not too sure. There was a band backing the vocals.

It's not Hocus pocus by focus by the way. Please help, I need to hear this again.
Anyone?

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
So I recently heard a song on a gaming podcast "Podcast Beyond" released 8/19/2010 (In case anyone else here listens). The host closed the podcast with a song he described by "Affect" (SP?) song name "Sterophonic".

I really liked the song, but I cant for the life of me find a website or anything for this band. Any ideas?

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Heard parts of this in an early rap mashup on the radio. The song was in that really speak-y sort of rap I associate with the 80s, and the story was roughly: there was a guy who was short on cash, so he started robbing people and couldn't stop. Then he got caught by a cop who beat him, and the kid had a gun but knew he'd get years if he shot him, so he took of running, but then this female cop cut him off and he shot her.

Ring a bell?

Slick Rick - Children's Story?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjNTu8jdukA

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Long Wang posted:

There's a song which has a jumble of sounds put together in a song, perhaps a dance or techno song. It's hard to describe but the only words are from the song Lets All Chant "my body, your body, everybody..." put somewhere in the middle.

Anyone know this?

That vocal sample been used a lot over the years because it's totally awesome. Here are a few:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUQVNl2dJd8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXMY_By1ww
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4FESn_M12c&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFrCLhxvVJM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFnAE4dZkQU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRrxWrOsPaI&feature=related

edit: I can read gud

a_pineapple fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Aug 25, 2010

andy17null
Nov 29, 2007

I'M SO GODDAMN RETARDED, I THINK THIS IS LITERALLY REAL MONEY

Ninja fetus posted:

Anyone?

Closest thing I can think of is Enigma.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKcqWB-eyao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucc78Ug4Pn0

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I'm trying to remember a really popular song. Unfortunately, all I can remember is the lyric "And/then (not sure which) you work it out" and it goes to the instruments. Anyone help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
if you've slightly misheard/misremembered then it could be Jerk It Out by Caesars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdVf8nG0BZg&feature=search