Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My first thought was "that logo sure looks like a celtic cross." I'm sure it's not intended to be, just a coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
The Villa away kit looks awesome except for the Trade like a pro thing.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Tiger Crazy posted:

The Villa away kit looks awesome except for the Trade like a pro thing.

If only it was on sale anywhere for the next 30 days. :sigh:

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Anyone have any experience not getting a jersey from soccertriads? I ordered like a month ago and nothing. I emailed Sean (?) and no reply. I don't want to take it up with paypal, i just want my jersey

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

BlueBayou posted:

Anyone have any experience not getting a jersey from soccertriads? I ordered like a month ago and nothing. I emailed Sean (?) and no reply. I don't want to take it up with paypal, i just want my jersey

I'm still awaiting my new Man United kit. The Spain one I ordered arrived on the 12th, but that's it. I emailed the site the same as you with no reply. My last order came with both jerseys in one package, so it seems strange that one would be missing.

Bizzy_g
Sep 3, 2004
fix up, look sharp

BlueBayou posted:

I'm waiting for one at the moment, it was taking over 3 weeks so I contacted them through the google checkout thing and got a pretty quick reply last friday saying they'd send me another one out so I'm just waiting for that one to hopefully show up

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
They're probably having the same order delays they had during the World Cup. With the start of the seasons, there's a lot more demand so they're having a hard time keeping up.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I like to think that these jerseys are made by a strike force of mercenaries sneaking into the Nike/Adidas factories after hours, and since those factories are probably working overtime right now, there simply just hasn't been enough time to meet demand :)

Kiros
Mar 16, 2008

Does anybody know about the quake?
Bullshit!
Anyone having as much fun as I am with the Nike Kit Builder?

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikefootball/en__EMEA/kitbuilder

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Kiros posted:

Anyone having as much fun as I am with the Nike Kit Builder?

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikefootball/en__EMEA/kitbuilder

Tried it, saw it has that retarded solid colour panel on the back of hooped / striped jerseys. No thanks.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm sure this has been answered before, but what online stores would you guys recommend for buying a real shirt (in the US)? Obviously I know of quite a few but there are a lot and I don't know if maybe some of them take forever to ship or have horrible customer service or something.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

wicka posted:

I'm sure this has been answered before, but what online stores would you guys recommend for buying a real shirt (in the US)? Obviously I know of quite a few but there are a lot and I don't know if maybe some of them take forever to ship or have horrible customer service or something.

Never had any issues with world soccer shop. Don't know if you live on the east coast but they ship out of NC and even if you get ground shipping I managed to get mine the day after it shipped.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

wicka posted:

I haven't heard of any widespread issues with any of the big official gear online stores. All of those places (including the mentioned worldsoccershop.com) are pretty standard and you shouldn't have any issues.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

wicka posted:

Soccer.com, especially if you play and buy gear regularly.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
Also, if you're going for a big club (Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, AC Milan, Inter Milan), check Dick's Sporting Goods. I found a rack of jerseys in each store with those 5, and sometimes Real Madrid.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Save Russian Jews posted:

Also, if you're going for a big club (Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, AC Milan, Inter Milan), check Dick's Sporting Goods. I found a rack of jerseys in each store with those 5, and sometimes Real Madrid.

I'll take one of each.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Kappa's swamp technology in full effect.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

MoPZiG posted:

Kappa's swamp technology in full effect.

That looks absolutely miserable, i wonder how much that thing weighs after 90 minutes.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

sticksy posted:

That looks absolutely miserable, i wonder how much that thing weighs after 90 minutes.

The funny thing is, if those're like the old Kappa kits, almost nothing. It looks sopping wet but it doesn't feel like a cotton t-shirt or anything. They're very lightweight.

Obviously, Im not a pro but I do sweat a lot!

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

GravityDaemon posted:

Im not a pro but I do sweat a lot!

this should be the subtitle for this forum.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

Save Russian Jews posted:

You can also get some national team shirts there, though supply might be lower now that the World Cup is done, I've seen Spain, Argentina, Germany, the US, and the odd Portugal/Italy/South Africa shirts at the one near me. Plus there's always odds and ends, I found a Bayern Munich shirt, and some Celtic tops there too, and they had the new Liverpool shirt last time I was there.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

sticksy posted:

Apparently it was so bad that the whole team changed into different shirts after the first 45.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If your shirt isn't drenched in sweat after 45 minutes you're not trying hard enough.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tantalus posted:

Apparently it was so bad that the whole team changed into different shirts after the first 45.

Kappa should just go back to their rashguards instead of having the shirts turn into them after they get wet.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

So what was the deal with those kits? Were they designed to hold sweat or did someone just gently caress up somewhere along the line?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Kappa more like Krappa

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Did anyone who was having trouble with Soccertriads orders get their issues resolved? Should have went legit for the Man United kit.

Ming the Merciless
Aug 10, 2005
You're a beard with an idiot hanging off of it.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Did anyone who was having trouble with Soccertriads orders get their issues resolved? Should have went legit for the Man United kit.

Still missing three of the kits I ordered in early June (six arrived no problem). I've had no reply from "Sean", pretty much a lost cause at this point.

highme
May 25, 2001

After waiting 6 weeks for the kit I ordered for my daughter I finally emailed this week. I got this reply within 24 hours.

quote:

Hi,

I apologise not only for you not receiving your order but for the lack of communication in informing you that there was a delay. I have only been here 3 days and I am unsure of the reason for the delay but I do know that there was a problem with the Barcelona kit and it was delayed. These problems should be rectified this week and we will ship your order asap.

Kevin

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I really kind of want to drive to a store and pick up a real kit just to feel all :smug: compared to everyone going through heaven and hell to get cheaper fakes.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I hadnt gotten my kit from soccertriads after 4 weeks. I emailed and got a reply from Sean about 2 weeks ago saying theyd send a replacement. But... still no Germany Away kit. Blerg

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
here's an interesting article about knockoff tennis shoes which I'm sure alot can apply to Jersey's.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/magazine/22fake-t.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=conterfeit%20shoes&st=cse

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
I ordered England and Spain home kits back during the world cup. Took them three weeks to get here but at least they arrived.

highme
May 25, 2001

calcio posted:

here's an interesting article about knockoff tennis shoes which I'm sure alot can apply to Jersey's.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/magazine/22fake-t.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=conterfeit%20shoes&st=cse

Counterfeit Snuggies are the best Snuggies.

quote:

In the last fiscal year, U.S. Customs and Border Protection seized more than $260 million worth of counterfeit goods. The goods included counterfeit Snuggies...

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
The counterfeit snuggies are okay as long as you aren't taking them somewhere where there will be thousands of other people wearing legit ones.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Well drat I was about to order my first jersey from soccertriads but after reading all this, have they not been shipping any orders recently? Not really worth the gamble if it's a coin flip if I'll even get the kit.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SweetJahasus posted:

Well drat I was about to order my first jersey from soccertriads but after reading all this, have they not been shipping any orders recently? Not really worth the gamble if it's a coin flip if I'll even get the kit.

it honestly sounds like people found out this magical secret store before the World Cup and places like Triads can't keep up with that resulting demand.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

harperdc posted:

it honestly sounds like people found out this magical secret store before the World Cup and places like Triads can't keep up with that resulting demand.

That nine day plus traffic jam in China is keeping us unclothed.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

my England kit took 2 and a half weeks to arrive ordered around July 20th, very pleased with the service and the authenticity of the kit for around $20. I've never had any of the problems you guys are describing and would recommend soccertriads to most people :fsmug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
No pics yet, but Fiorentina have made a deal with the charity "Save the Children" to have them as their kit sponsor. It's not a sponsor, per se, but more like Barcelona and Villa where the team actually pays them.