Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Thanks guys.

Dialogue is hard to read on the DS version :( .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

J-Spot posted:

I just got 3D Dot Game Heroes from Gamefly. Anything I need to know before diving in?

Its pretty much an old School Zelda game, because that is 100% what it delivers plus some goofy jokes. I'll admit my information is only good up until the 3rd dungeon, where I quit out of boredom.

For the second dungeon you will absolutely need some sort of light producing item, I'd recommend being stingy and buying the 10 pack of candles.

When you have opportunity to upgrade your sword, keep in mind that the upgrades effect it only at full health. Knowing that, upgrade length first then damage then width.

You can do a 360 Zelda swing by swinging and quickly rotating the stick 360 degrees.

The first two magic spells are basically just puzzle solvers.

Open every chest, as some contain complete garbage while others have mp and life increases. Difficulty of chest access/=chest rewards.

If you plant a bomb near the second boss and time it right, it knocks her on her rear end and you can just whack away at her without risk.

Thwack! posted:

Yeah, I still need some mad Bahamut Lagoon tipz

I have no idea how far you are now, but no you never get control over your dragons and it will always ruin this game.

Stage 16, I think, is the make or break stage. It features the vertically longest layout covered in long range cannons and narrow bridges. Victory is almost entirely dependent on your Dragons actually attacking the cannons and using useful attacks, otherwise its all but hopeless.

If you feed a dragon 99 mushrooms, save state to make sure its mushrooms, he turns into a Black Dragon. This is pretty much the most powerful form in the game. As such, its available pretty early on so you should abuse the hell out of it to reduce some of the bullshit the AI throws your way.

Despite the complete bullshit that is the cannon stage, pretty much no other level even posses a challenge with or without Black Dragons so long as the Luck Gods favor you.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 21, 2010

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

J-Spot posted:

I just got 3D Dot Game Heroes from Gamefly. Anything I need to know before diving in?

If you want to get 100%, the best sword and the best ending, you'll need to basically go around and talk to everyone before and after every dungeon. There's a bunch of sidequests that need you to talk to a couple people between dungeons, otherwise you miss it.

Also, the From Cave. Go there and talk to EVERYONE.

For the best sword in the game, you need 100% of the key items. Then, talk to the guy at the From Cave. You can get it before the final dungeon.

After you get the hookshot, get the hidden upgrade (longshot). It's hidden in a cranny around the north-eastern part of the map. It doesn't look like anything's in the nook, but when you go to it, you'll see.

Finally, after the 6th Dungeon, the sage will tell you to meet him at the castle. You'll need to have found the princess before going to the castle if you want the best ending.

Also, there's a way to get colored keys without paying: Find every Sir Signe post.

Oh, and the name you pick at the beginning will stick to you regardless of the sprite. You can change the sprite and class at any time, but not the name.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Started playing some Titan Quest to kill time, gotten to the satyr war camp place. It's going pretty well, but it feels like I'm missing something because I keep having to chug health pots in every fight, using two or three on a small encampment is not uncommon.

I play Warfare/Dream (because I read that that's badass), level 11 or 12.

A few questions I have:
Should I favour stats or raw dmg/armor on my gear? I kill most non-boss enemies fairly quick (2-3 hits) so my damage seems ok, but the amount of punishment I can take is laughable.

Are there any must-have skills in those trees? I started with warfare and picked dream at level 9 or so. I've got Onslaught, the whirlwind-thingie and bits and pieces in other skills, got the slow/dmg-cone attack from dream.

Using sword and board.

General tips are also welcome, of course.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

quote:

Alright, I am going to give Disgaea 1 on the PS2 a try for like the fourth time in 5 years. I've never gotten more than a couple of hours into it. Let me know about poo poo I should before I play it!

Bring about 10 thieves with the cheapest guns. Check the item list and see if the bottom group has items that are flashing and could be immediately useful. Defeat all of the monsters until one remains and spend your time with several thieves, chain shooting it until the gauge is filled.

Don't bother going for optional bosses or abusing the Dark Assembly until much later.

You should look towards getting the Ninja tier as they have a percentage to dodge attacks.

The stages with groups of experience panels are the best stages to gain levels. Use the Dark Assembly and pass one Stronger Enemy bill when you get too strong for them.

Don't bring the whole group with you as you really need about 6 at most to not be slogging through each map.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 22, 2010

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Nate RFB posted:

Alright, I am going to give Disgaea 1 on the PS2 a try for like the fourth time in 5 years. I've never gotten more than a couple of hours into it. Let me know about poo poo I should before I play it!

I haven't beaten the game or anything but here are some cool things I wish I would've known earlier:

-Find a guide for the different classes and keep an eye on it as you play. If you have dudes of a certain class and level, it opens up new classes in the Dark Assembly. I didn't do this and then when I wanted a new class I had to go back and make Level 1 guys and grind them up to the rest of the team (not that this game doesn't have a lot of grinding no matter what).

-If you pick up and throw monster enemies into your base panel, you can make them join your party. You can make monsters in the Dark Assembly but they're loving expensive so this is a nice alternative. However, whoever is left in your base has to beat them up first so keep that in mind before you go chucking a high-level monster into your base that only has two prinnies left in it.

-The hospital owns, get hurt and killed as much as possible in exchange for fabulous prizes!

-When you send a character into the Dark Assembly, eventually they can create new dudes. Any dude that character creates is their "pupil." If they stand next to each other, the creator character can use the pupil's special moves. Do this enough times and the move levels up and the creator character has learned a new move that they probably couldn't learn otherwise.

-Save after every fight! Savesavesavesave.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

Foxhound posted:

Started playing some Titan Quest to kill time, gotten to the satyr war camp place. It's going pretty well, but it feels like I'm missing something because I keep having to chug health pots in every fight, using two or three on a small encampment is not uncommon.

I play Warfare/Dream (because I read that that's badass), level 11 or 12.

A few questions I have:
Should I favour stats or raw dmg/armor on my gear? I kill most non-boss enemies fairly quick (2-3 hits) so my damage seems ok, but the amount of punishment I can take is laughable.

Are there any must-have skills in those trees? I started with warfare and picked dream at level 9 or so. I've got Onslaught, the whirlwind-thingie and bits and pieces in other skills, got the slow/dmg-cone attack from dream.

Using sword and board.

General tips are also welcome, of course.

Congratulations on choosing one of the most insane classes in the game. It might not feel like it now, but you will soon be sending enemies into orbit...well, not that soon.

Levelling up in TQ takes a LOONG time. You won't be reaching the good poo poo for quite a while. Remember that you can respec at any time, so you probably won't be using the same early-game build as mid-game as late game. You can't really go too wrong on the first difficulty level anyway. It's only once you reach the other 2 difficulties that the weaknesses really become apparent.

Early game you want to be focussing less on skills and more on increasing your Masteries. The stat points you get from increasing them will benefit you more than maxing your actual skills. That will fix your health problems too.

Onslaught is probably better overall than Psionic Touch as it's 50% extra damage EVERY hit rather than 100% every 3 hits. You can't really use both so just go with that. It also gives you access to speed and resistance boosts.

Put a point into Phantom Strike and Dreamstealer. You can max them later, but at this point you're only using them for the stun ability. You can max it later to get 4.5 secs of stun on any enemy (it breaks the game).

I liked using Distortion Wave early game, you won't need it late game though.

Trance of Convalescance will be your go-to buff. It will increase your health regen and, when combined with a life leech weapon, will make you almost invincible. 1 point into trance of empathy is all you need till then though.

You only need 1 point in battle standard for the time being. You're mainly using it for the plus 1 skills. Use it, and then cast any buffs/followers etc. They will remain at +1 until they are recast.

Max Weapon Training as quickly as possible.

The battle rage tree is useless, ignore it.

Pets aren't that useful in the first difficulty level, but they get MAJOR stat boosts in the later ones.

I think my end game character looked something like this

http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc....12-6-0-0-0-12-0

I used sword and board to start, and once I had enough survivability I switched over to the Dual Wield tree to became an ungodly killing machine.

Don't worry about items, use whatever you want right now because you'll be switching to blue/purple items in a bit. Greens are sometimes better if you enchant them but it will be really obvious what you need (life leech + boosts to skills).

BTW, the game is way better played with a friend. It's kind of dull solo.

War horn and its synergy are good.

I never used whirlwind, focus on pure damage boosts at the start. You should be aiming to 1-2 shot most mob enemies.

Oh, install this to enable potion stacking. It makes the game less tedious. Don't use it to cheat though or you will quickly lose interest in the game.
http://titanquestvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ToolsandEditors.Detail&id=17

Use this to keep all your cool items.
http://titanquestvault.ign.com/

The unofficial patch IS worth using, as it fixes some major bugs, including completely broken skills on the storm tree. However, you can't play online with people who aren't patched, so it makes match making harder. It's easy to uninstall/reinstall though.
http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/Titan-Quest-Immortal-Throne-Unofficial-Patch.shtml

Spermanent Record fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 22, 2010

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Any tips for Star Ocean: The First Departure?

I get the gameplay...kind of. It seems with the whole L/R setup that I can switch characters mid-fight, but I haven't found the button to do this yet. (no manual, friend is indefinitely loaning me the UMD only). The hardest question I have is...well, I have NO idea what's going on with Specials and Techniques and Talents and those SP points I'm too afraid to spend. What's...well, all of it about?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

HondaCivet posted:

-Find a guide for the different classes and keep an eye on it as you play. If you have dudes of a certain class and level, it opens up new classes in the Dark Assembly. I didn't do this and then when I wanted a new class I had to go back and make Level 1 guys and grind them up to the rest of the team (not that this game doesn't have a lot of grinding no matter what).
If I get a character's class up to the prerequisite level to unlock the next class, and then for whatever reason I lose or get rid of that character, does the class stay unlocked?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nate RFB posted:

If I get a character's class up to the prerequisite level to unlock the next class, and then for whatever reason I lose or get rid of that character, does the class stay unlocked?

Yes.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah. There are some classes where you need multiple characters of certain classes unlocked at the same time so don't get rid of any of them until you've made an individual of the new class. Really you probably shouldn't bother deleting anyone since you don't really lose anything by having extra guys around.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

HondaCivet posted:

Yeah. There are some classes where you need multiple characters of certain classes unlocked at the same time so don't get rid of any of them until you've made an individual of the new class. Really you probably shouldn't bother deleting anyone since you don't really lose anything by having extra guys around.

Having extra guys around CAN become a problem in Disgaea 3 though, but that's mostly due to the huge number of "Story" characters you can get and the difficulty of expanding the character cap.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Is there anything I really need to know about the first Persona that was released on the PSN recently?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PrinnySquadron posted:

Is there anything I really need to know about the first Persona that was released on the PSN recently?

Have you played other Persona games? If you have, its like that in a "its SMT but with more dialog" but it has less interactions and most of the features interactions provided and due to the limitations of the time-period it came out in has a lot less going on as a whole.

If you haven't, you're in for, uh, a treat.

Specific to this Game:
Its a first person dungeon crawler type game, so the map in the upper corner is a godsend since textures repeat constantly.

Every skill hits certain places on the board, and has a spread to it like an SRPG. Every character's physical attack works the same. Since they're stuck in position once a battle starts, manage where you put them very carefully. Make sure every possible square they can hit is covered/you cover as much of the enemy side as possible.

This is a grind heavy SMT game, where random encounters with weaknessless enemies exist and they can be tough. Don't be afraid to sit around wrecking things and grinding up demons in one spot.

General SMT:
Keep in mind that you Regen MP somewhat and that magic costs very little relative to the amount of damage you deal. If you hit an enemy with the magic it's weak against, it will take a ton of damage and the game will remember its weakness for later.

You can have enemy demon's help or join you (it gives characters new magic spells and abilities) by talking to them in battle. Consider using a strategy guide since this is nearly 70% pure luck that it will do what you want, you need that 30% on your side guaranteed.

Fusing demons into more powerful demons is going to be the constant of this game for you. Don't worry that you lose the two ingredients, as they are saved to a compendium and can be re-bought out of it instead of hunting them down. You can only recruit one demon of each type at a time, so if you like one demon's abilities use it, then catch another instead of grinding them all out at once.

When fusing, you get a random set of the previous two demon's abilities merged. Do not accept the fusion unless it has the skills you want, i.e. say no then try refusing until it has what you want on it.

Even with this info, its likely you'll want a strategy guide as the game is unforgiving, confusing, and doesn't mind letting you screw yourself over.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 24, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Barudak posted:

Have you played other Persona games? If you have, its like that but more brutal due to the limitations of the time-period it came out in.

Well, I have to completely disagree with this statement. Persona 1 is different in almost every way to the modern Persona games. If you're going in expecting just an older and harder version of Persona 3, you'll be in for a shock.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Well, I have to completely disagree with this statement. Persona 1 is different in almost every way to the modern Persona games. If you're going in expecting just an older and harder version of Persona 3, you'll be in for a shock.

Sorry, I meant from the system interface standpoint, making an addendum to this statement. Thanks for the pointing out.

DominoRBG
Jul 17, 2010

Puppets, dope rhymes, unfaltering irony and support.
I don't know if someone's posted this already, but I'm about to start Dragon Quest VIII. Anything I should know, tips, tricks?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

DominoRBG posted:

I don't know if someone's posted this already, but I'm about to start Dragon Quest VIII. Anything I should know, tips, tricks?

After the first boss kills you, go grind out five levels or so and then you'll never have to do it again for the rest of the game. (Until the post-game content, anyway.)

Also, don't sell your starting weapons, they're unique and can be crafted into even better things.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

DominoRBG posted:

For each character, pick a weapon and stick with it. Split skill points between that weapon and the character's unique skill. Most of the weapon types have their advantages. Exceptions are Yangus, whose Axe skills are way better than the others, and Jessica, who should take at least three Stave points (for the Acceleratle spell) no matter which weapon you choose. Jessica learns plenty of useful spells with the Stave skill so you may wanna go with that.

For dealing with the first boss, yes, grind a few levels, and put your skill points into Courage and Humanity so that both the Hero and Yangus can learn Heal, and other useful stuff.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

That dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

Just picked up Dragon Age: Origins and Deadspace. Anything I should know in regards to these?

Sorry if these have been covered, it's a big thread.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

SnipeShow posted:

Just picked up Dragon Age: Origins and Deadspace. Anything I should know in regards to these?

Sorry if these have been covered, it's a big thread.

With Dead Space, it's a good idea to find 1 or 2 guns and stick with them. Apart from in a few places, the game will only drop ammo for the guns you have, so constantly flipping can screw you over. Also, it's better to have a couple of fully upgraded weapons than a load of half upgraded ones. The starting weapon (Plasma Cutter?) is one of the best guns and I also went for the Line Gun for crowd control, but your milage may vary.

With Dragon Age, the City Elf and Dwarf Commoner origins are considered by most people to be the best, with the Dalish Elf one being the worst. Generally mages are the most important factor in a fight, if you see an enemy mage, try and kill him first because he'll probably be the dangerous opponent by far. For your own mages, I find it easier to focus on spells that stop enemies from fighting rather than going for straight up damage. Early on, direct damage is good, but it doesn't scale very well, whereas paralyzing/sleeping/force caging/freezing an enemy is as useful in the end game as it is in the beginning.

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

Gerblyn posted:

Early on, direct damage is good, but it doesn't scale very well, whereas paralyzing/sleeping/force caging/freezing an enemy is as useful in the end game as it is in the beginning.

This is good advice. Also remember that some spells (don't remember them offhand) let you freeze an ally without causing him any damage. Very handy if one of your weaker party members is getting ganged-up on, or if your tank is taking too much damage. The nice part about DA's game mechanics is that the enemies will continue to attack the frozen party member, despite the fact that they can't deal any damage. This makes the freezing trick really great for distracting enemies in a fight.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
For Dead Space, don't touch the flamethrower. It's the only really bad weapon - the others can all be useful, if they get upgraded enough. The Plasma Cutter is especially great.

Power Cells (I think they're called) are used for upgrades, but also to open special doors. Always keep one in your inventory for those doors, and always open them when you can - the loot is worth more credits than the power cell.

Rakanakle
Mar 17, 2009
In Dead Space I also never bothered buying ammo or health and sold health packs if my inventory was getting cluttered. If you spend every credit you have on Power Cells you can upgrade a gun into a beast pretty fast. I upgraded the Force Gun relatively early and I've been pretty much unstoppable playing on Hard.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Dead Space
Don't ever run more than a few seconds at a time in a new area or if you activated a flag while backtracking. You will run into dozens of swarmers and die, regardless of your health.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Rakanakle posted:

In Dead Space I also never bothered buying ammo or health and sold health packs if my inventory was getting cluttered. If you spend every credit you have on Power Cells you can upgrade a gun into a beast pretty fast. I upgraded the Force Gun relatively early and I've been pretty much unstoppable playing on Hard.

Which on that note, don't carry more than 1 or 2 weapons + The plasma cutter at a time. Focusing on upgrading a handful of weapons is better than a full set of mediocre ones, plus the ammo that drops is tied to what you're carrying, so as long as you only have a few weapons you'll always have ammo you want.

You can beat the game just fine with the plasma cutter too, at that, but I find that's kinda boring.

Rakanakle
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah, I never carried a 4th weapon. I had the Force gun, Line gun and Plasma cutter. I never had a problem with ammo. You don't really need to aim with the Force gun too much so I didn't waste many shots, and I actually had to sell a bunch of ammo at various points because I was running out of inventory space.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
That was a big TQ post, and I am going to just add a few opinions.

Dream is sort of an over-powered mastery, but due to many skill overlaps Dream+Warfare isn't quite as badass as other Dream combos. Still rules but you might die more often without good gear.

Onslaught definitely kicks the rear end of Psionic Touch.

frozenpeas posted:

Trance of Convalescance will be your go-to buff. It will increase your health regen and, when combined with a life leech weapon, will make you almost invincible. 1 point into trance of empathy is all you need till then though.

Trance of Wraith isn't bad at all since the reduce resistances applies to pure damage resistance too. The downside is that it is multiplicative not additive, so a monster with 20% damage resist will only go down to 14% damage resist. It works if you are doing a build focusing on lower monster resist, which can be done through various charms and weapons. Skill Disruption is nice too. Trance of Convalescence is the safer route though.

frozenpeas posted:

The battle rage tree is useless, ignore it.

1 point in Battle Rage is excellent since it activates fairly often and that one point will get you a HUGE Offensive Ability bonus!

frozenpeas posted:

War horn and its synergy are good.

I don't think War Horn is necessary at all because Distort Reality completely out-classes it. Temporal Rift has a much longer stun, and you don't anything more than 1 point in Distort Reality since you are using the skill for stun not damage.

frozenpeas posted:

I never used whirlwind, focus on pure damage boosts at the start. You should be aiming to 1-2 shot most mob enemies.

I like 1 point in whirlwind so that I can Phantom Strike and Whirlwind for a deadly 1-2 punch on a mob.

Ancestral Horn will help kill bosses in hard difficulties.

Get Sands of Sleep if packs of archers are giving you trouble late game.

Focus on getting DA high.

The numbers on Distortion Field are PERCENTAGES HOLY COW!

Nightmare will help you not be LONELY.

My end dude looks something like this:
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc....12-0-12-0-0-0-0

Dr Strangepants fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 24, 2010

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
Just picked up Ace Combat 5. I've done a couple missions and I'm wondering if there's anything big to know.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
WRT Dead Space if you artificially limit yourself to a few weapons then you'll be drowning in ammo which will remove nearly all tension. I had a lot more fun using all the weapons and dealing with the tension of being constantly low on ammo and having to make do with lovely weapons.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx
Any advice for Metal Gear Solid 3?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

fozzie dunlop posted:

I pray you have Subsistence and not vanilla, if its vanilla throw it out a window and buy Subsistence.

Tranq-gun + silencer is effectively easy mode and the most potent offensive weapon against non-boss encounters.

To sneak up on people, you must use the d-pad. Using analog will always alert them, d-pad is sneaking pad.

Bosses give special camo if stun-killed, if you plan on doing this for the Fear get a strategy guide since he's a bastard about being stunned.

70-80% camo index is basically you aren't going to be spotted if you aren't moving.

CQC is a godsend, most useful technique is to run forward at a man, hold O then push backwards. Snake will slam the dude in the ground for an instant KO thats 8 stars strong.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

fozzie dunlop posted:

Bosses give you a special Camoflage if you defeat them non-lethally (using tranq darts, for example). They can be pretty useful. The exception to this is the battle with the sniper, the only way to get his special camo is by sneaking up to him and holding him at gunpoint, it might take a couple of tries but he will drop it eventually. For killing him non-lethally, you'll get the Mosin Nagant, a tranq Sniper Rifle.

At one point in the game a tracking device will be planted on your body. It will be very obvious, and very easy to remove. If you leave it in you'll get a special cutscene later in the game where it's removed for you (It's worth it).

CQC is a lot more useful than you think.

During cutscenes you'll sometimes be prompted to hold R1 to get a look at the action from Snake's POV. There are a lot of points where there's no prompt for this R1 look, and can give you some background insight into what's going on. Two instances I can think of are after patching yourself after the helicopter attack early in the game (look to the left, it might not seem like much but what you're seeing plays a bigger role than you think) and after the boss fight in the river about 2/3rds through the game(look up and to the right).

The game has a hundred little things going for it, a lot of the fun of it is experimenting and seeing what works.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

fozzie dunlop posted:

Interrogate people. Sometimes they'll give you the codec frequency to cancel an alert, sometimes they'll give you useful information, sometimes they'll give you the codec frequency to call artillery in on the area you're in. This can lead to fun and occasionally useful things.

There are little shacks/rooms in some areas that have radios/food/equipment in them. If you blow these up, the areas around it will no longer be able to call re-enforcements/fight back well (they're just down to pistols, iirc) or get hungry. Hungry guards will eat anything. Even poisoned food.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Barudak posted:

Bosses give special camo if stun-killed, if you plan on doing this for the Fear get a strategy guide since he's a bastard about being stunned.

You can find a pair of thermal goggles before you fight The Fear. It makes the battle easymode.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
gently caress, speaking of which any non-spoilery advice for Metal Gear Solid 4?

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Alris posted:

gently caress, speaking of which any non-spoilery advice for Metal Gear Solid 4?

Don't try to understand the plot, just roll with it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Alris posted:

Ok, that Tranquilizer gun you get early on? Thats the best gun in the game (again). Seriously, MGS1:TS, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4 best gun is the silenced tranq gun.

The first two chapters are open war-zones, the third is a stalking mission and rail shooter, the fourth is ~~memories~~ robots and boss fights, and the fifth is balls out shooting and triangle smashing. Prepare for the change ups

Shaking the six-axis restores Snake to default color scheme Octa-Camo

The entire point of wearing the face-covering octa-camo is to put Young Snake camo on and have Old Snake relive his youth. Blasting "Glory Days" is optional.

The game is fairly linear, so don't expect to get lost.

If you're going for bosses to be taken down non-lethaly, know that in their first form you can shoot them to poo poo and it doesn't count against you. You only have to tranq them once its just their physical bodies in the flight-suits trying to grind Snake to a heart-attack.

Chaff grenades are super rare. Save them for Chapter 4 if you want to avoid heart ache with the little robots.

NG+ with the Rail Gun is the loving poo poo, and makes Snake look like a loving bad-rear end.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

fozzie dunlop posted:

CQC is reliant on the fact that PS2 buttons are pressure-sensitive. If you mash the O button then he'll just slit people's throats, lightly pressing the button lets him hold them and from there you can do all the cool stuff people talk about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Captain Novolin posted:

Just picked up Ace Combat 5. I've done a couple missions and I'm wondering if there's anything big to know.

It's pretty straightforward, the only thing that isn't immediately obvious are that the seemingly nonsensical questions you get asked do, on a couple occasions, determine what your next mission is.