Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

This is Lynx - he's an Egyptian Mau breed. Very social, and a bit of a nutcase. I had to travel out of the country to pick him up. He's 2 years old now.

He's also flown on a plane over a dozen times at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

beautiful cat

how did you get one?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

shizen posted:

beautiful cat

how did you get one?

You have to find a breeder. Theres a few around london... but make sure it's not a scam =P

Vino
Aug 11, 2010
A couple months ago I quit contracting to go into indie game dev. Knowing I'd spend a lot of time alone at home I figured it was a good time to get a dog.

His name is Barret. He learned to sit for food, shake, roll over, and not to chew on my shoes before three months of age. He still hasn't learned to walk without pulling or ring the bell when he has to go out to drop a deuce. <3

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This is my cat Mo. Originally his name was short for "Mohawk," my younger brother liked the stripe on his forehead. Nowadays we call him Moses or Mo-Mo. He has a ridiculous fascination with Christmas trees.

He is quite possibly the most vocal cat I've ever heard in my life. He talks back no matter if you're speaking to him or having a conversation with someone else; he'll interrupt.

Here he is attempting to claw the poo poo out of my couch. :argh:

But he loves to sit in my lap. He tends to wag his tail like a dog, too. I have no clue what breeds he might be a mix of. We owned his mother and she was an outdoor cat, she had kittens and we kept him, the other two we gave to a nice old lady whose old cat had just passed away.

I've never really been a cat person, but over the years he's converted me. :3:

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

This is Sasha. She was born in early to mid 1991. She loves attention and is very vocal. When we both leave the room and she returns first, she will constantly call for me in a weird pitch until I get there, then give me a friendly mew. In September, we were told she had one week to live due to kidney failure. She's still around and in fairly good health (for her, anyway), although we've hit a couple snags along the way.

This is Baby. He was born around August 12, 1992, and is Sasha's youngest kitten... and probably the only one still kicking around. He is very affectionate, and will start to purr even if you glance at him. Right now, he's at the vet - he has constipation issues and usually giving him a dose of Laxatone helps. It didn't this time and after 2 days of no poop, I took him in. He's been there for a day, on IV for dehydration. 3 enemas later and only one piece of poop has come out. They want to keep him a day or two longer, until the poo comes out. His kidney levels are elevated by the vet isn't too concerned about it because it could be other factors than kidney failure. I'm worried about him.. he's supposed to be the healthy one. :(

VoidAltoid
Sep 27, 2005

Kosher man posted:

Today is a fun day as we have 10 dogs in our house! Our dog Hamburglar knocked up another of the island dogs and so today we are babysitting. We plan to keep one of the puppies and have named him Pumpernickle. Here is a photo of him.

:downs:

auri
Jul 8, 2005
I love Sophie and she loves everybody and everybody should love her :3:

She's going to the doctor today to get a microchip :o also her annual boosters and a general check-up. She is dreaming right now, probably about chasing things awwwwww :3:

Evilpiggie
Feb 22, 2009
This is my massively oversize dogs. Apparently when I get dogs; they grow to twice the size that they were supposed to be. I got them both from a breeder, as they were "undesirable" and were going to be put down.

This is Thor and Wolf; a pug and chihuahua. I was told a pug would reach 15-20 pounds; and a chihuahua would be eight pounds. Thor is 43 pounds, and Wolf is 13. I grow freakish large animals.

This is my favorite little bastard stinking up my new lazy boy.

This my cat; Sgt. Meowinstein. He's 16; and is complete prick. His day consists of sleeping for 23.5 hours, and waking me up at two or three in the morning to play for ten minutes.

I got some revenge by waking the prick up and taking a picture when he was sleeping.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

The Pillowman posted:

This is Samson, my first cat ever, who I just picked up at the pound. I had him secluded in my bathroom for him to calm down, but he ended up trying so desperately to get out that I've let him out, and barely two hours home from the pound, he's already playing around the house and coming up to us for some love and then quickly running away.

Unfortunately, he smells like the pound, and I have no idea how to fix that...

He looks sooooo cute. Wanna hug that cat.

QueenOfTheEyesores
Sep 12, 2008
Meet Hobbes.

^Here's where I rub my face in his fuzzy belly. SO SOFT DAMMIT
He was a stray living outside our apartment. I expressed an interest in taking him to my upstairs neighbor and owner of the building, however I was hampered by the fact that I could barely afford rent, food, and utilities as it was. Angel that she is (and with an in at the local rescue center) she offered to cover his vet bills providing I took him in. I agreed at once, and haven't looked back. All he wants to do is headbutt me like a viking the majority of the time, so I trained him to headbutt my face, which he does while purring up a storm. Another habit is putting a paw on my nose/forehead in order to wake me up, for no apparent reason other than he likes to mess with me. Other pasttimes include back-sleeping, following me around, and saying goodnight (headbutts galore!) even though he rarely sleeps with me.
Gonna try to get a picture that really shows his colouring, because he's such a handsome little ginger boy :3:

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

QueenOfTheEyesores posted:

Meet Hobbes.

He was a stray living outside our apartment. I expressed an interest in taking him to my upstairs neighbor and owner of the building, however I was hampered by the fact that I could barely afford rent, food, and utilities as it was. Angel that she is (and with an in at the local rescue center) she offered to cover his vet bills providing I took him in. I agreed at once, and haven't looked back. All he wants to do is headbutt me like a viking the majority of the time, so I trained him to headbutt my face, which he does while purring up a storm. Another habit is putting a paw on my nose/forehead in order to wake me up, for no apparent reason other than he likes to mess with me. Other pasttimes include back-sleeping, following me around, and saying goodnight (headbutts galore!) even though he rarely sleeps with me.
Gonna try to get a picture that really shows his colouring, because he's such a handsome little ginger boy :3:

What a cute pussens. I see your cute rear end cat and raise you

a ragdoll:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

QueenOfTheEyesores posted:

Meet Hobbes.

He was a stray living outside our apartment. I expressed an interest in taking him to my upstairs neighbor and owner of the building, however I was hampered by the fact that I could barely afford rent, food, and utilities as it was. Angel that she is (and with an in at the local rescue center) she offered to cover his vet bills providing I took him in. I agreed at once, and haven't looked back.

What a fuzzy little goof. And your neighbor is awesome for helping you take him in :unsmith:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Superchunk posted:

Your cat likes Futurama. Here is my mom's dog, Homer, who also loves Futurama. She barked at the dog in Jurassic Bark for the duration of the episode :3:

Here she is at 2 to 3 months old watching the Simpsons and wanting to eat the rats in Moe's bar.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 17, 2010

Death by Meteor
Aug 10, 2008

Is it my fault that everybody falls in love with me?
Jezebel (Jebeezlebub)
My 17 yearold calico. She passed away 2 weeks ago from cancer. She was my best friend and the coolest cat ever.

Charles Hussain Mantooth Moore-Haight Nipple-Dick (Chuck or Piss-face)
He just turned 2 a month ago. He is a Chug (Chuahua/Pug mix).
He has too much energy, and if you get him too excited he will piss (he's my boyfriend's dog, so I call him Piss-face for peeing in the house and cuz Im a jerk).
(In this picture he's probably 6-10 months old)

Death by Meteor fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 18, 2010

Xile
Nov 25, 2005

On the Seventh Day he made the Whopper.
Got a new kitten last week. I'm not sure what I'm going to name her yet.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
This is Cheddar.

She's a stray cat that adopted me a while back. They thought she was a kitten and possibly had hyperthyroidism, but after a little TLC, she's now a healthy weight and is estimated to be between 7-12. She's incredibly affectionate and loves napping with me and giving me kitty kisses (licking my hand). She also has a pichaku tail. :3:

And no, it isn't my camera. I have an incredibly beige room.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Xile posted:

Your cat should be named Underpants

This is my cat Rusty Venture

Click here for the full 1308x1085 image.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

This is Milo

This is Boomer

This is Don Vito

Here are the cats trying to kill the turtle.

They are an odd mix.

Fatty Patty
Nov 30, 2007

How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?
holy crap that is a cute turtle :3:

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

It's Robert Meachem, the Girl Kitty with a Boy Name!

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

Ellie my Australian Shepard when not being a biting rear end in a top hat puppy

JimmyTurtle
Jun 20, 2010

The Tribbles Ate My Loot!

This is Chippy, named after the polar explorer, not the embarrasing celebrity kid, trying to recolor the carpet 'shed-hair-grey'.

Dunno if its an overbite or a tendency to sabertooth-iness.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

This is Perrier, a.k.a. Fluffy or Big Fluff:

I've only had him for about two months after I went to a local cat shelter to volunteer and fell in love with what they said was a feral kitty. They said he hated humans, but I came up to him and petted him and he purred.

He is a very anxious cat.

"What is that bright light?!"

He is also extremely fluffy, as seen by his feet.

Despite being really anxious and scared of everything, he really loves to be petted. I can't even imagine him living in a forest, which is where someone found him, because he loves being a house kitty so much.
Holy poo poo, your cat looks just like my cat. The markings are almost identical and his facial expression is just like my cat's. I'll try and take some pictures and post them up in a day or so.

In the meantime, here's some cameraphone pics of Sophia:

Sophia with her stunt double (a stray cat that liked to hang out near the house):

Bonus pics of my parents' cats, Shadow and Beauregard:

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 19, 2010

sexily
Jul 25, 2001

Oh, is this 1953?

This is my new puppy, Wicket. He looks like an Ewok. He's got the goofiest underbite I've ever seen. He'll be 12 weeks old next week and I got him at the animal shelter I was working at. They had him listed as a Yorkie but he looks more like a Brussels Griffon to me because of the underbite. Who knows what he actually is. He's my little 5 pound Ewok. I've already taught him to sit and lay down and I started on leave it today. He's pretty smart and he's a chill little dude.

wav3form
Aug 10, 2008
Here's my italian greyhound Isis!

Here's how she normally is...

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

wav3form posted:

Here's my italian greyhound Isis!

I don't think that a real dog can be this cute. I think that this is a photoshop or a statue or something.

As for less cute and more claw-y things, here is a kitty pile that happened when the black kitty, Kitty, got sick. Butters (grey tabby) was so worried about her that he stayed by her side 24/7.

Next, Kitty in her normal evil state. Here, she is watching you out of the sliver of her eye.

And here, I don't know what the gently caress, but I'm sure it will cost me money. Be sure to note my kitty couch, destroyed by the cats :3:

Next; Fluffy, the cat that apparently gets around to many other goon's houses:

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Oh, it's that drat camera again."

"I'll just roll in catnip"

"Yeah, I'm high. Check out my eyes."

Nightswimming
Aug 13, 2010

It's not like years ago
This is Silly Sally. My sister named her and originally I thought it was stupid but she suits her ::): She's a stray but acts like a pure bred ragamuffin. Shes furry and poofy, craves attention, and when you pick her up she flops in your arms. A friend of ours found her behind my house abandoned by her family, and I nursed her back to health =D

This is Darcy. We've had her for a loooong time, she's about 10 or 11. She was from an animal foster home.

This is Gibbly (short for Gibblet) We found him huddled next to a bait shop on vacation in N.C. His head was bigger than his pot belly => Now he's just turned a year old, and is extremely bipolar, evil, and fat.

Lastly, my dog Edie. We got her from a rescue shelter when I was just a wee lass:

She's pretty fat and lazy too, getting on in years. But I wuf her!

sblum
Aug 10, 2004
I feel pretty
Meet ATLAS!!! A 3.5 month old Alapaha Blue Blooded Bulldog. A friend of a friend is a breeder, who took this back from an irresponsible friend of hers and gave him to us. We took him home yesterday. He already is loving his crate, slept through the night except for a potty break at 4:30 AM. He has only gone outside so far, but we have been very good with taking him out many times a day.

If he doesn't have his leash on, he will walk 5 feet and just plop down! He is adorable and I love him. He is definitely still figuring out his body, flopping his feet around as he walks.

...his dad is 140 pounds (yikes).

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Xile posted:

Captain Underpants!

wav3form
Aug 10, 2008

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I don't think that a real dog can be this cute. I think that this is a photoshop or a statue or something.

Unaltered photo. She really is that cute.

wav3form fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 23, 2010

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

quote:

...his dad is 140 pounds (yikes).

Oh man! I love this guy!!! Hes so big and floopy!

gowb fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 23, 2010

the amber trap
Aug 13, 2009
Meet Trinket.
I found him in a shelter when I was looking for a kitten. He wasn't a kitten, but he was so personable that I couldn't help but take him home. He was left in a house with no food after his previous owner died (or so the shelter said) and gets a little anxious if his food is ever empty. He'll promptly gorge himself when he gets fed and then barfs it back up again.
He's very friendly and endures just about everything (even infants and toddlers) without too much of a fight.

Click here for the full 1277x855 image.

Click here for the full 855x1277 image.

He didn't really like the snow.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Here's Kostěj (Koschei the Deathless)

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Neighbor found him outside last week, feeble and starving with infected eyes, so we took him home. He bravely endured a visit to the vet and is doing much better now. He's a very smart kitty, but my fingers are not mice Mr. Cat :nyd:

Eulcedes
Aug 10, 2002

Ty vole!!

Hogo Fogo posted:

Here's Kostěj (Koschei the Deathless)

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Neighbor found him outside last week, feeble and starving with infected eyes, so we took him home. He bravely endured a visit to the vet and is doing much better now. He's a very smart kitty, but my fingers are not mice Mr. Cat :nyd:

Nazdar fellow Prague'r!

to contribute, here's my staffy Zoe lounging on the couch following a exhausting floor nap.

Click here for the full 708x872 image.

and one outside near the Ministry of Justice

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Eulcedes fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 24, 2010

Pickle Chops
Sep 25, 2008
Taffy again, mid charge!. We have Sheep at the bottom of the Garden at my mum's, so he is incredibly wound up. :3:

Sheep! (There are about 100 out there!)

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

He is growing up :)

:ninja:

Plywood Terrier
Aug 18, 2010
Here's my buddy, Chukka. She's a couple years old now, but her puppy pictures always crack me up. The last two are closer to now. Still a hyper rear end in a top hat, but I love her.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
The wife convinced me to get a cat 3 weeks ago, and now I'm afraid that I like him.
We named him Pangur Ban, he's becoming more and more comfortable with us, talking more and hanging around us more. We are now slowly introducing him to our 2 ferrets.

pangur ban by AIIAZNSK8ER, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

The wife convinced me to get a cat 3 weeks ago, and now I'm afraid that I like him.
We named him Pangur Ban, he's becoming more and more comfortable with us, talking more and hanging around us more. We are now slowly introducing him to our 2 ferrets.

Love the name!

Content:

• Locked thread