Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FieryMatrix
Dec 22, 2006

CORROSIVE
Causes severe eye and skin burns

Tsaven Nava posted:

They're a bit looser through the leg to allow extra room for the knee armor underneath, but other then that the fit is very typical
I'll take em, let me know where to PayPal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

the walkin dude posted:

Muzzy exhaust for Ninja 250 - price lowered to $100 with shipping.

Is this $100 with shipping included or plus shipping? I have a friend who will probably be interested in this, I'm going to email her now.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

FieryMatrix posted:

I'll take em, let me know where to PayPal.

Tsaven hat google's email service

FieryMatrix
Dec 22, 2006

CORROSIVE
Causes severe eye and skin burns

Tsaven Nava posted:

Tsaven hat google's email service
PayPal'd $55.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
2003 BMW R1150R $4500 - Easily my favorite motorcycle out all of those I’ve owned. I know I'm going to regret selling this one but it seems unfair to leave it to sit for a year while we go south to Argentina. It’s taken me on multiple trips all over the US and it has been as reliable as the sun. If you’re considering a Sportster, Bonneville or any other standard you really owe it to yourself to check this bike out.

The good stuff:
- BMW System Cases - Hard Luggage bags keyed to the bike.
- Gel Battery - Starts in the dead of winter, I used this bike as a year round commuter as well as my main touring machine.
Fresh Metzeler Z6 Sport Touring Tires - Less than 1K on these good for many many more.
Heated Grips - 2 settings and work great to keep you riding year round.
R1150 GS Hand guards - These are great for keeping your hands warm on a cold days or drier in the rain. combined with the heated grips they work great to keep you warm year round.
No ABS - changing the brake fluid is easy and the brakes have a fantastic feel with no nonsense to deal with if you want to explore a dirt road or ride over Cottonwood Pass to grab a burger in Crested Butte on a Saturday.

Bike has 50K miles on it and rides just like the day I bought it 5 years ago.

The not so swell stuff:
I took the bike up a few dirt mountain passes (it performed really well) but I parked it on a somewhat sloped road and it tipped over scuffing up a valve cover. Scuffs are on the bike’s right side valve cover (the cap on the part of the engine that sticks out) and pictured below. These are cosmetic only and do no effect the bike’s performance at all.
The System Cases have some scuffs from being used as luggage on various trips, its all cosmetic and the bags still lock and are perfectly watertight.
There’s a few hairline scratches on the tank from a tank bag that I had mounted on it for a while.

The bike has been well taken care of with services done at BMW of Denver and Bavarian Motorcycles West. Buy it and ride it to Alaska tomorrow!

I've bought bikes and sold a fair bit of stuff here in the past. If you'd like to do a fly and ride I'll do whatever I can to support you.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

PlasticSun posted:

2003 BMW R1150R $4500 - Easily my favorite motorcycle out all of those I’ve owned. I know I'm going to regret selling this one but it seems unfair to leave it to sit for a year while we go south to Argentina. It’s taken me on multiple trips all over the US and it has been as reliable as the sun. If you’re considering a Sportster, Bonneville or any other standard you really owe it to yourself to check this bike out.

The good stuff:
- BMW System Cases - Hard Luggage bags keyed to the bike.
- Gel Battery - Starts in the dead of winter, I used this bike as a year round commuter as well as my main touring machine.
Fresh Metzeler Z6 Sport Touring Tires - Less than 1K on these good for many many more.
Heated Grips - 2 settings and work great to keep you riding year round.
R1150 GS Hand guards - These are great for keeping your hands warm on a cold days or drier in the rain. combined with the heated grips they work great to keep you warm year round.
No ABS - changing the brake fluid is easy and the brakes have a fantastic feel with no nonsense to deal with if you want to explore a dirt road or ride over Cottonwood Pass to grab a burger in Crested Butte on a Saturday.

Bike has 50K miles on it and rides just like the day I bought it 5 years ago.

The not so swell stuff:
I took the bike up a few dirt mountain passes (it performed really well) but I parked it on a somewhat sloped road and it tipped over scuffing up a valve cover. Scuffs are on the bike’s right side valve cover (the cap on the part of the engine that sticks out) and pictured below. These are cosmetic only and do no effect the bike’s performance at all.
The System Cases have some scuffs from being used as luggage on various trips, its all cosmetic and the bags still lock and are perfectly watertight.
There’s a few hairline scratches on the tank from a tank bag that I had mounted on it for a while.

The bike has been well taken care of with services done at BMW of Denver and Bavarian Motorcycles West. Buy it and ride it to Alaska tomorrow!

I've bought bikes and sold a fair bit of stuff here in the past. If you'd like to do a fly and ride I'll do whatever I can to support you.

If you didn't want to sell it, I'd be...erm...how can I say this...
I'd be MORE than happy to store it and take care of it for you while you're on your trip. :v:

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 27, 2010

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Jabs posted:

If you didn't want to sell it, I'd be...erm...how can I say this...
I'd be MORE than happy to store it and take care of it for you while you're on your trip. :v:

Sure thing, just give me $4500 and I'll let you store for an even longer period if you'd like :)

Better yet just come down and take for a spin you know to just "see what it's like." That's how I ended up with it.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

PlasticSun posted:

Sure thing, just give me $4500 and I'll let you store for an even longer period if you'd like :)

Better yet just come down and take for a spin you know to just "see what it's like." That's how I ended up with it.

I passed your post along to a friend of mine. You're located in Colorado, right?

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

needknees posted:

I passed your post along to a friend of mine. You're located in Colorado, right?

Yep I'm in the middle of Denver, but I'll deliver it to anyone in CO, UT, or WY for just a bit extra. Thanks for passing it along!

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

My old roommate left what looks to be the right side faring from his 2003 GSXR. It's scratched but other than that it looks to be in pretty good shape. He's long gone so I dont think he's going to want it back. Is this worth anything or should I just toss it in the trash?

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
You could sell if on e-bay for some cash. Even rashed up it should be worth a bit, new ones are crazy expensive.

Sir.Tucker
Sep 17, 2006

For the Workforce!
Posted Biker's Choice Mini Mechanical Speedometer with Indicators in SA-Mart.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3333435

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

PlasticSun posted:

Why, that sounds like an excellent deal! :v:

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

cmorrow001 posted:

You could sell if on e-bay for some cash. Even rashed up it should be worth a bit, new ones are crazy expensive.

Any idea what I should ask for it?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Mr. Clark2 posted:

I'd ask for money

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Spiffness posted:

I'd ask for money

Hmmmm, good plan. In what amount? :smug:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Hmmmm, good plan. In what amount? :smug:

No reserve it and start it at $0. You're going to throw it out anyway, might as well see what the market will bear and get something out of it.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

frozenphil posted:

No reserve it and start it at $0. You're going to throw it out anyway, might as well see what the market will bear and get something out of it.

Put it on craigslist in the barter section. Trade it for a blow job.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Without seeing it (or knowing the current market that well) it's hard to say. I'd say conservatively $50.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
The Ninja 250 Muzzy's been sold, to a non-goon.

I have a lower cowl fairing for a Ninja 500R, red. Anyone want it? $60.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

the walkin dude posted:

I have a lower cowl fairing for a Ninja 500R, red. Anyone want it? $60.

so close yet so far. Got an upper?

FOR SALE:

Nolan N102 helmet. White. Large. Worn on one 20 mile trip from the shop to my house (crash free, of course), during which I decided I liked my HJC helmet well enough that I didn't need a $500 helmet, but the shop wouldn't take it back (jerks). Includes a helmet bag. $200 shipped.

PMs or alecband at the yahoo dot com mail service (email preferred)

televiper fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 6, 2010

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 12, 2010

giundy
Dec 10, 2005

Sybok posted:

Looking to sell my 2006 Ninja 250. Would love for my baby to go to a good Goon home if possible. Mechanically sound but I will clean the carbs before it leaves just because I am anal like that. Put 15,000 miles on her in 2008 and only problems she ever gave me were ones I caused myself from being a retard. Didn't drop the whole time I owned and as you can see the plastics are rashed from a previous owner. The engine is not original because the previous owner also decided to never do routine maint. so she spun a rod bearing.

Will let it go for $1100 to a Goon. I need to pay for school this semester or else I would not dream of selling. Located in Jefferson, GA.

Here's a pic on the top of Richard B. Russell Hwy.

Click here for the full 1076x807 image.

Is this guy still for sale? I'm taking the MSF this weekend, would be a great starter. Looks like I'm 6 hours from you, which wouldn't be too bad a drive.

Sybok
May 25, 2006
yes it is. pm me.

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008
I'm selling my white X-11 Kagayama. Size medium. I've never really been happy with the way this helmet fit on my head so I'm getting rid of it. I've babied the helmet and it's never been dropped or anything like that. There are a few very minor scratches in the paint though and I can get some higher resolution pictures of those if someone is interested.

Asking $250 obo. I'll entertain any offers.

PM or pipboy at gmail dot com

Edit: oops made a little mistake this is actually a medium and NOT a small.

AngryGuy fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 20, 2010

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
The PO threw in a "matching" motorcycle jacket with my Yamaha R6. Besides being several sizes too big for me, it's a Suzuki jacket.

Intersport Suzuki Leather Jacket

- Size 50
- Foam armor in the back, elbows, and shoulders. (Sorry I swapped the hard armor with the foam armor from my Fieldsheer jacket)
- Portions of the leather are perforated
- Both a Full length and short zipper are built in for attachment to pants

It has zippers for a liner, but I don't have one.

Feet not included

I'm asking $100 + shipping, but go ahead and make me an offer.

Send me a PM or message at tydeus at wowway dot com

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006
Selling a blue and black SMALL scorpion stinger jacket, new with tags.

If you saw my debacle with trying to buy one of these bad boys in the gear thread, I eventually ended up buying two of them thanks to one of the companies being pricks.

I loving love this jacket but I don't have a use for a second one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190434509752&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

Please buy it goons and get it out of my house!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
sold

GabbiLB fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 25, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Selling one of the DRZs now that the fiancee has another commuter:
2001 DRZ 400SM

~9000 miles
Clean title in hand

Excel Rims/Talon Hubs
320mm oversized EBC rotor
Gel Seat
Newer Pilot power 2cts
Acerbis Bark Busters
Vapor gauges
IMS 4 gallon tank
CVK40 upgraded carb
APE MCCT
Edge taillight
E model cams
E model base gasket

Comes with assorted spares, including a set of forks and a rear shock that have been professionally lowered 2 inches front and rear, an extra 41 tooth rear sprocket, plus some other odds and ends.

Only problems with it at the moment are that it could use a replacement trailtech gauge as the current one is failing, I'll post up pictures this evening.

I'd like to get 2500$ out of it.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Selling my KLR since I'm never going to ride it now that I have the Falco. There's just too much superslab between Long Beach and just about anywhere that its worth taking a KLR to. And I'm lazy. Could use the money too.

Its a 2005 with about 32,000 miles (I'll update w/exact mileage tonight). I'm responsible for about 4k of it, almost all highway. Tags good until next June.

Doo was done by a P.O. as was most of the farkling

Farkle list includes most of the dual star catalog:
Bashplate
Fork brace
Rear brake cylinder guard
Dual star shift/rear brake levers
Upgraded front brake
Steel-braided brake lines
Givi top case (a bit scuffed up but otherwise in fine shape)
Wolfman tank bag
Factory soft bags (I bought them and have yet to use em, one of the straps needs to be sewn back on)
Aftermarket front fender (have the stock one as well)
Aftermarket handlebar (same for the bar)
12V outlet on the handlebar and a gear plug under the s eat
Heated grips
Throttle lock
Handlebar guards
Neutral starter interlock disabled
Sealed battery
Center stand

Its taken a couple no-speed naps in the dirt, but never been down otherwise. It has an aftermarket can in this pic, but I put the stock one back on since I got tired of the noise. The rear plastic is a bit melted because I screwed up putting the aftermarket can on.

Tires are ME880 hockey pucks with a decent amount of life left in em.

Have service manuals plus a stash of parts that includes oil filters, spare levels, bolts, and a clutch cable.

Asking $2500

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good

Z3n posted:

2001 DRZ 400SM

Ughhhhh, why you gotta tempt me with this?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

BotchedLobotomy posted:

Ughhhhh, why you gotta tempt me with this?

I'll untempt you a bit with pictures of it in it's current condition. I should really strip down the rims and polish them out and/or replace the plastics but...:effort: It also needs to be washed and have the bark busters reinstalled.

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Ce n'est pas une St. Furious.

redscare posted:

Where was that picture taken? I swear I know the building and bike.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

OrangeFurious posted:

Where was that picture taken? I swear I know the building and bike.

Outside my condo off 4th St west of Magnolia

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Selling aftermarket stuff for 2008+ CBR1000RR (and the bike too if you're interested...)

Woodcraft engine case covers (both sides) $250 shipped for the pair
Vortex fully adjustable rearsets - $295 Shipped
Cox radiator guard (HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this if you don't have one!!!) - $50 shipped
Pitbull swingarm spools - $10 shipped
Bazazz Z-bomb timing recalibrator - $100 shipped
Throttlemeister heavy black powder coated throttle lock - $125 shipped.

Any questions or if you want pics let me know.

Edit: Also have a set of Woodcraft dual temp warmers that were used a whopping four times... might keep those around but would entertain offers.

needknees fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 28, 2010

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Anyone wanna buy a 250?

-Inu- posted:

2008 Ninja 250

The Good:
Has 16,539 miles on it. Oil changed every 3,000 miles with Mobil1 synthetic and K&N filters exclusively. Did use Royal Purple for one oil change but other than that it's all been M1. Crush washer replaced every oil change. Chain lubed every 400 miles with PJ1 Blue Label. Break in was done properly as was the 500 mile maintenance. Proton flush mount blinkers up front -- these babies retail for around $90 and consist of a LED circuit board surrounded by a solid cut piece of acrylic. They are essentially unbreakable. Has blue Vortex spools on the rear. Valves were checked at 13,000 miles and all clearances were fine.
List of poo poo it has:
  • EBC HH (sintered) brake pads in front & rear
  • RK GB520GXW chain
  • Vortex Cat5 Aluminum Rear Sprocket
  • Vortex Aluminum Front Sprocket
  • BT 090 Front Tire (~40% tread)
  • BT 003 Rear Tire (only has 1000 miles on it)
  • PIAA Xtreme White Headlight in the low beam
  • Proton Flushmount Turn Signals
  • Vortex Swingarm Spools
  • MOTUL DOT4 Racing brake fluid in the front
  • Water Wetter in the radiator (will want to change this before winter)
  • Painted windscreen

The Bad:
It has been lowsided once on the left hand side at ~25 mph and once on the right side at 10mph (you can check out my posts in the crash report thread). The bike was only on the ground for a second or two and suffered no mechanical damage either time. There are only some scratches on the fairings and a couple of minor (clean) cracks. The exhaust has a couple of scrapes on it, and I do believe there is a very small hole worn through on the muffler cover. The blemishes aren't too noticeable unless you're right up next to it, it cleans up extremely well. I wash and wax it every weekend during riding season so it still looks champ.

I'm asking $2800 locally but I will sell it here for $2500. I live 10 mins north of Atlanta and have the (clean) title in hand. Pics I posted are like 5,000 miles old but I can take new ones if wanted.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
2001 BMW F650GS Dakar

Everyone else is selling a bike so why don't I?

Special goon price: $4200 obo, located in Providence, RI

13,500k miles

I bought this bike in May and promptly took a two week vacation to ride up to Nova Scotia where it performed brilliantly and comfortably (love the Sargent seat). It had just under 10k miles when I picked it up.

The reason I’m selling is mainly that I’m more of an old school guy and this thing is from outer space. I must admit I’m getting to like it more and more but I think I want to try an airhead GS and I may consider trades for such.

Extras:
- Sargent seat
- Heated grips
- Vario expanding sidecases
- Touratech license plate and “trunk” reinforcing brackets

Maintenance:

This bike was originally purchased from Razee in RI. I have sheets of maintenance records, it looks like a lot of work was done at 8600 miles or so before the original owner sold it (new tires, fork seals, etc.)

The Metzler Tourances still have plenty of life left (see pic). After my trip I noticed some coolant coming out of the water pump weep hole so I just replaced the water pump and seals (a common maintenance for those that know these bikes) and that took care of it. The bike is currently lowered with Koubalinks but I still have the originals and can restore to original height in under an hour.

I had a fall on some gravel while in Nova Scotia and the right sidecase took the brunt of it (probably saved my leg from getting hurt). I got it back together and can confirm that it is still watertight. Now it has some cool battle damage (instant cred) and one of the lower mounting hooks has cracked so it could use some reinforcement. I used the bungee just as a little extra mounting security for the second half of the trip. The only other damage to the bike are some scratches on the front “beak”, windscreen and handguard – all on the right side.

Let me know what you think. You can post here, PM me or email directly at erobinso@suffolk.lib.ny.us

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Ce n'est pas une St. Furious.

redscare posted:

Outside my condo off 4th St west of Magnolia

That's it - I looked at a place in that building. I live so close to you it's scary.

King of all Machines Operate
Sep 23, 2005
uterus puncher ):
Got a one week old Scorpion EXO700 Sinister size medium. Essentially brand new but doesn't fit me as well as I had hoped. Perfect inside and out.

I'll do $100 shipped

Only registered members can see post attachments!

King of all Machines Operate fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
If I didn't just get a new scorpion helmet, I would be all over this. Fantastic helmet. Really really comfortable. Someone get on this.