Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phallacracy
Jul 28, 2004
so 173 pretty much owned, lots of decent plot with a pretty sweet fight, plus the animation was definitely above average and in a way that won't make the sperglords uh...sperg out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Ninja Storm 2 trailer from GamesCom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ijKvXFBGs

Demo out August 25. Killer B confirmed but only in the form of a punching bag for other characters. Lots of really cool set-pieces as you would expect. Gameplay looks a lot like the Gamecube games.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I love that they don't even bother to try and make Karin look cool in that video. Everyone else, even Jugo and Suigetsu get some cool moves in - she just hits Sakura with an explosive tag and looks bitchy. My what a cool and useful character Ms :shlick: is.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Ninja Storm 2 trailer from GamesCom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ijKvXFBGs

Demo out August 25. Killer B confirmed but only in the form of a punching bag for other characters. Lots of really cool set-pieces as you would expect. Gameplay looks a lot like the Gamecube games.

Wait...Bee isn't loving playable...But Karin is what sense does that make...

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Dexo posted:

Wait...Bee isn't loving playable...But Karin is what sense does that make...

I think you might have parsed that wrong. I read that as Bee confirmed, but only seen in the trailer being attacked by Taka.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

I think you might have parsed that wrong. I read that as Bee confirmed, but only seen in the trailer being attacked by Taka.

Yeah, I only meant he didn't get an intro or a demo of his moves.

I really don't know if I should be spoiler-tagging this stuff to begin with.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That game looks rad. Konan looks like a pretty neat character, I always wished she got more fights in the series. But I tend to think that way about every character who isn't Sasuke.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
So Karin does Titty Twister no Jutsu. That's all they could up.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
New episode is out. Next week should wrap up the arc, I think. I'll have to double check but I think afterwards we'll get a little filler.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I bought the first Ninja Storm game but even with it's fantastic animation it was pretty terrible thanks to a hellishly tedious single-player campaign that you had to do to get the rest of the characters and the lack of online multi-player.

I'm looking forward to the sequel but I'm going hold off buying it until I read some reviews to see if they addressed the horrible campaign portion.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

New episode is out. Next week should wrap up the arc, I think. I'll have to double check but I think afterwards we'll get a little filler.

Apparently there's a rumour there'll be filler now until February.

I'm not sure if it's true since "arcs" of filler are usually advertised beforehand in some form (magazine scans, etc) but it wouldn't surprise me much after the conclusion of a "big" arc.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Welp at least characters of consequence were dead for a little while, I knew that was too renegade to last. They could have at least left Hinata dead for a little while if there is going to be some ridiculous mass ressurection

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Slave posted:

Welp at least characters of consequence were dead for a little while, I knew that was too renegade to last. They could have at least left Hinata dead for a little while if there is going to be some ridiculous mass ressurection

Everyone released their bowels but is hiding it. It's a fact.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Mr. Deathy posted:

Apparently there's a rumour there'll be filler now until February.

I'm not sure if it's true since "arcs" of filler are usually advertised beforehand in some form (magazine scans, etc) but it wouldn't surprise me much after the conclusion of a "big" arc.

I checked wikipedia and the three episodes listed after next week are all titled about Iruka.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Kingtheninja posted:

I checked wikipedia and the three episodes listed after next week are all titled about Iruka.

and we're back to filler

AshB posted:

Everyone released their bowels but is hiding it. It's a fact.

wisdom

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I thought this episode was awesome. The moment where Pain figures out that actual Naruto is a better character Naruto than him was very well done.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Welp, last episode of this arc today. Following it up with some filler, which hopefully won't last very long.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The :unsmith:est episode.

Apparently the in thing to do now is pre-timeskip filler miniarcs. Can't be worse than filler set in the present.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It all depends on how long it is. I don't mind the short ones like bubble nin, and even the first filler arc with demon wig wasn't extremely long. Although I would probably make that the high end of the tolerance bar.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
I normally hate in-episode recap, but that was pretty nice.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Oh god, speaking of in episode recap. I was flipping channels the other night and the shippuden dub is in the middle/end of the sasuke/sai arc. The episode I happened to catch was one of the worst perpetrators of in episode recapping. The group was standing there talking, when they went into a flashback. I flipped around some more and came back almost halfway through the episode and they had just stopped talking and started moving along.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

If this series ended right here with this episode I would have absolutely no issues with it.

Meat Popsicle
Feb 24, 2002

Negative!
Yeah that was surprisingly... moving?

ipokesnails
May 28, 2007

Akileese posted:

If this series ended right here with this episode I would have absolutely no issues with it.

You would probably change your mind if you read this chapter and the two following it:
:siren: Warning, latest manga spoilers :siren:
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/42232524/1

For the curious, Gai vs Kisame round three

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

ipokesnails posted:

You would probably change your mind if you read this chapter and the two following it:
:siren: Warning, latest manga spoilers :siren:
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/42232524/1

For the curious, Gai vs Kisame round three

Oh I'm completely familiar with what follows

Manga spoilers
I was more or less referring to the insane eye hacks poo poo that pretty much overruns the next arc. It's borderline unbearable.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Enjoyed the wrap up episode to this arc, I haven't read ahead yet and I'm wondering if now would be a good point to considering filler seems incoming.

Shiv Katall
Feb 11, 2008
Rape knows no boundaries
This past arc was pretty well done and this past episodes ending was great to see how far Naruto has come with the people. Not looking forward to the next 3 fillers or the whole look how many different shapes my eyes can make.

for those who read the manga,
Do you think now that naruto has control of the nine tails chakra he will be able to merge with the frogs to enter sage mode or maybe enter into sage mode while bringing the chakra of the nine tails out.

ipokesnails
May 28, 2007

Corte posted:

Enjoyed the wrap up episode to this arc, I haven't read ahead yet and I'm wondering if now would be a good point to considering filler seems incoming.

I would definitely recommend it.

ipokesnails fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 30, 2010

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Yup. I was almost sure that this was supposed to be the original end of the Naruto story right here, especially after all the absolute poo poo that follows from this point. It really sucked that they introduced Nagata, and then immediately said "Tricked ya! He's not the real leader!" before we even got a chance to see him do stuff.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Corte posted:

You might as well, there is some really great stuff later on. Some of it's not as good but not anywhere near as dire to read as ten thousand of the exact same posts about how much of a raging eye hax boner of hatred emo fag Sasuke is, which is going to happen to this thread soon.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Well, that just goes without saying.

Recycled Reader
Mar 19, 2005

These books are made for walking
I really enjoyed how they flash backed to all of narutos adventures and showed how the villagers reacted. It was a nice touch for stuff they never really talked about before, especially beyond the generic "we hate him because hes a monster" that the original series shoved down our throat.
Did we ever get a resolution to Narutos official ninja rank still being a Genin? or are we suppose to forget the rank system at this point? I just figure there would be more smart-rear end comments from people or something

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It never really came up since the beginning of shippuuden. I think a lot of people disregard naruto's gennin rank because they know he was off training with jiraiya for two years.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I think it would be pretty funny if they had a light hearted filler episode of him just wrecking the chunnin exam singlehandedly.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Crunkjuice posted:

I think it would be pretty funny if they had a light hearted filler episode of him just wrecking the chunnin exam singlehandedly.

Sakura: You beat everyone with the power of friendship! Even Sasuke's a cool guy again!

Naruto: Can I be Hokage-dattebayo?

Sakura: Who would make a Genin into Hokage??

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Crunkjuice posted:

That is the one thing I have been hoping for from the manga ever since Part 2 started. Naruto Killua'ing a Chunnin Exam.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Dexo posted:

That is the one thing I have been hoping for from the manga ever since Part 2 started. Naruto Killua'ing a Chunnin Exam.

Could you imagine all those kids making GBS threads their pants as he shows up?

Everyone would withdraw and then they still wouldn't make Naruto a Chunnin becuase he technically never proved anything. :v:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Zexerous posted:

Could you imagine all those kids making GBS threads their pants as he shows up?

Don't worry, I'm sure their parent's used "clean-underwear-no-jutsu" that morning. It's fine if they wind up in a hospital, but god help us all if they wind up in a hospital wearing stained underpants. What would the medical ninja think?

Zexerous posted:

Everyone would withdraw and then they still wouldn't make Naruto a Chunnin becuase he technically never proved anything. :v:

Sure he would. He'd have proved his real name is Naruto D. Uzumaki and that he doesn't just carry the "Will of Fire".

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Zexerous posted:

p?

thus ensuring no more ninja ever get past gennin level and bringing about peace by eliminating all future ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Since we're going into filler I thought I'd ask are any of the Naruto movies any good? I've never bothered to watch any of them because I was under the impression that they weren't canon and of course all of the non canon Naruto I've experienced was terrible.

But are there ones I should be checking out?

• Locked thread