Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Wandering Knitter posted:

! In fact I kinda want to play a game where I'm just selling stuff. :v:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3329392

Here you go!

EDIT: Oh god top of page! Any idea if bazaar has a definite ending to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I'm on the 12th of summer now.

Hint: Some crops may be more profitable, at least in the beginning, because they can be cooked so easily. For example, a one star onion will sell for 330G at the bazaar. But you can make an onion salad using just an onion and no tools, and it will sell for 440G. Very easy way to make a bonus profit.

I made the mistake, though, of planting three peach trees before I expanded my farm. Those trees take up a three by three square; so now I only have three more three by three plots for crops. I just lost half of my earning potential. It'll cost me 30,000G to expand my farm for more plots, while it'll take another year for the trees to start making me money. (It takes two months to grow, and it bears fruit in the summer. I planted it in the summer.)

When you get the chance, you should probably buy tree seeds right when they're available, since the girl only sells them at certain seasons. You don't have to plant them right away, though. Plan it according to when they'll bear fruit, and when you might have more room to spare.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Zenzirouj posted:

Edit 2: Well, I'm not completely screwed for the next bazaar at least. The mayor gives you a fishing rod on the first day of summer (though I had to go in and out of my house a couple times to trigger it). Guess I'll try cooking every fish I find to see if any are simple recipes.

Fish recipes apparently require certain kinds of fish now. At least I'm assuming they do because I have a bag full of fish and can't make fish paste :aargh:

To be honest I sell most of my fish (mostly small ones that I don't have multiples of) to the shop between bazaar days because it seems to me like a lack of variety makes things sell slower. It also seems that some items are only appealing to certain customers.I have a hell of a time selling bugs to anyone other than little kids and since they sell for so little anyway I also end up selling those between bazaars for a little extra seed cash.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I don't see fish being worthwhile, at least for selling. They only sell between 100-200G, and it's pretty time consuming.

Bugs are even worse. They only are good for two things; completing the challenge of collecting them all (I already 'leveled up' in bug collecting once), and as gifts two people who like them (again, +150 FP to Freya for butterflies).

Flowers and herbs seem okay, at least in the beginning of the game. They're quick enough to get, and sometimes they're in the middle of one task to the next (going from the farm to town), and again, they might be a decent gift. Plus, herbs can make some dishes.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

I think I'm in love with the sidestepping mechanic, they better implement it in every Harvest Moon after.

SpaceMonkey
Jul 11, 2006
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I have another question, I want to play some Harvest Moon on my PSP. Should I just rip and play the PS1 version of Back to Nature on it, or should I get the Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl port? Or should I get this new leaf valley game?

I got the new leaf valley game and have played it for 1day in game time (then got hooked to pixeljunk's monsters deluxe), should of gotten the boy/girl port. One day I'll get back to it but it starts off really slow (you fatigue really fast) and they split up the farm so your house/farm is one area and chickens/cows are in a different area turned me a bit off from the game at start.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

Has anyone figured out how to train the kitty? Mine brings a single chicken in/out every day except rainy days regardless of what I do, but its training stars don't seem to be going up. The game mentioned the bell, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

endolithic posted:

Has anyone figured out how to train the kitty? Mine brings a single chicken in/out every day except rainy days regardless of what I do, but its training stars don't seem to be going up. The game mentioned the bell, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I think the bell is for herding the animals yourself. No clue about training pets, though.

FearOfABlackKnob
Nov 5, 2008

by Ozma

Yeah, it can pretty much be summed up as a "Island" game that doesn't suck.

Though I'm torn on which Bachelor to marry. They're all so plain. :geno:

Always marry the tsundere.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Oh my god I just learned that I can own multiple kitties in this game. :aaa: I am buying every kitty. I will be a crazy cat lady on my kitty farm.

Revol posted:

Yeah, I'm picking the latter, Freya. She's a bit easy to play for because butterflies are a +150 FP gift for her, and then once you get good enough to make Superb Cheese, you'll have a +500 FP gift ready.

And it helps that her name is the name of a heavy metal song and of the Norse goddess of "love, beauty, fertility, gold, seiğr (witchcraft), war, and death". Finally, she has no relatives in town, meaning nobody else needed to befriend to hitch her.

The blue-haired girl is a prissy bitch, the blonde is a lowly servant, and the Japanese girl sounds incredibly hard.

Hahahaha "the Japanese girl sounds incredibly hard", you have never played a HM game before have you. :haw: In previous versions if you wanted to marry the ultimate special girl (Harvest Goddess) you had to a) ship one of every single item including the insanely expensive accessories, b) find all the magic jewels in the horrible 99999 floor mines, c) have every goddamn upgrade... the list goes on forever. The Japanese girl also has no relatives in town, only requirement is giving her 120 gifts, which is not really that many.

The Freya girl weirds me out because she has the same name and basic appearance as my younger cousin.

I was thinking of marrying the merchant because he's such an rear end in a top hat. Dude basically tells you to gently caress off every time you see him, and apparently once you're married he still runs his stall but doesn't give you a discount or share his profits.

e: scroll down this page to get a list of all the poo poo the windmills can make and the stuff they need.

http://www.fogu.com/hm9/village/windmills.php

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I decided on Freya the instant I learned that she lives on her own and actually has a career. It's such a step forward for Harvest Moon. Even though I know I'm going to marry her and she'll turn into a dopey, doting housewife since that's what every woman really wants. Right, Natsume?

It would be the greatest video game experience if I married her and she told me "Ok, but I don't want children. I want to focus on my career."

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Zenzirouj posted:

I decided on Freya the instant I learned that she lives on her own and actually has a career. It's such a step forward for Harvest Moon. Even though I know I'm going to marry her and she'll turn into a dopey, doting housewife since that's what every woman really wants. Right, Natsume?

It would be the greatest video game experience if I married her and she told me "Ok, but I don't want children. I want to focus on my career."

Seriously. I was pretty surprised. She looks like an actual grownup too, as far as this game goes. Actually the previous Island games, while horrible to play, featured NPCs kinda like that. I remember one of the first residents is a young woman with a tiny shy kid who says "Yeah I just divorced my husband and it's affected my daughter so we're taking a holiday here to get her mind off it." You can't marry her and adopt her kid, sadly. But it was kind of surprising for HM. I gave the kid tons of flowers to make her happy. :shobon:

e: actually the first HM had the girl who ignored you her entire married life, preferring to maintain the hootch still set up in your barn. Your baby just kinda toddled around the equipment.

As a girl character I'm gonna marry that Amir dude purely because he's darkskinned (even if he does have blue eyes and white hair). Not terribly progressive but a step upward. I'm also glad the Mexican stereotype store owner came right out and admitted he was a stereotype first time I met him. He's like "Yeah it's a gimmick thing, old-fashioned crap from my home country, I might have gone too far with it though". He was the only real cliche I hated in this game.

Corridor fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 29, 2010

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

I was glad they sorta spun the ridiculous Mexican stereotype merchant that way, but the way his Japanese voice acting is kinda counteracts that in a way. :v:

On a more amusing note, have you guys run into the I Love Lucy reference at the bazaar? Kinda made me smile.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

Corridor posted:

Oh my god I just learned that I can own multiple kitties in this game. :aaa: I am buying every kitty. I will be a crazy cat lady on my kitty farm.

'Sup fellow crazy cat lady! :3::respek::3: By the time I'm done, I won't have to take out a single goddamn chicken ever.

Also with regards to my earlier question, I think kitties use a different bell than livestock. Of course now I have to wait another week to find out because two cooking festivals in a row means no bazaar this week. God drat locals getting in the way of my money making. Well, at least maybe this time I'll actually reach a sales goal.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corridor posted:

Dude, it's just out. Even fogu.com doesn't have that much info yet.

Well, it's been out in Japan for a year and a half already so I thought someone might know by now.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Holy crap, I need to stop reading this thread. Every time a new Harvest Moon comes out I can't resist it :ohdear: So Grand Bazaar is good? I liked Sunshine Islands but so far nothing has come close to Friends of Mineral Town/Harvest Moon 64 for me. My two major problems with the Harvest Moon games I've played in recent years: the translations are so bad that the characters have no personalities, and there's never very many social events involving the characters (or all the events are the same), unlike FOMT/HM64 where unlocking the friendship events and stuff was a fun source of mystery.

Also I still have the sheep plush from preordering Magical Melody.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Star Guarded posted:

So Grand Bazaar is good? I liked Sunshine Islands but so far nothing has come close to Friends of Mineral Town/Harvest Moon 64 for me. My two major problems with the Harvest Moon games I've played in recent years: the translations are so bad that the characters have no personalities, and there's never very many social events involving the characters (or all the events are the same), unlike FOMT/HM64 where unlocking the friendship events and stuff was a fun source of mystery.

Wonderful Life had some pretty great characters (mad scientist who kept a mermaid in his basement, giant gay black artist, mentally retarded hobo, cute immortal evil chick, cyborg doctor in underwear, sleeping beauty, pyromaniac dwarf twins). Too bad all the actual games set in that town kinda sucked. :(

Grand Bazaar is kinda the opposite to me... loads of fun to play, but boring villagers. They seem a little better than the Islands and motherfucking Mineral Town though.

PotU posted:

Well, it's been out in Japan for a year and a half already so I thought someone might know by now.

Fair enough... but no, apparently no Japanese readers have been bothered making proper FAQs.

eggrolled posted:

I was glad they sorta spun the ridiculous Mexican stereotype merchant that way, but the way his Japanese voice acting is kinda counteracts that in a way. :v:

Not to be a xenophobia apologist, but... honestly the other characters don't sound much better. Seriously the old ladies disturb me. A lot.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Corridor posted:

Wonderful Life had some pretty great characters (mad scientist who kept a mermaid in his basement, giant gay black artist, mentally retarded hobo, cute immortal evil chick, cyborg doctor in underwear, sleeping beauty, pyromaniac dwarf twins). Too bad all the actual games set in that town kinda sucked. :(

Grand Bazaar is kinda the opposite to me... loads of fun to play, but boring villagers. They seem a little better than the Islands and motherfucking Mineral Town though.
A Wonderful Life did have great characters, yeah. I could never get past the structure of the game, though. It felt like nothing unique ever happened until you got to a timeskip. If I remember right (holy poo poo it's been six years) it didn't have festivals, either. That's too bad about Grand Bazaar. I think you just helped fight off my Harvest Moon obsession until Twin Villages comes out in a decade.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
HM games really do need like waaaaaaay more interaction with the townsfolk other than a few canned phrases that change each day.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Star Guarded posted:

A Wonderful Life did have great characters, yeah. I could never get past the structure of the game, though. It felt like nothing unique ever happened until you got to a timeskip. If I remember right (holy poo poo it's been six years) it didn't have festivals, either. That's too bad about Grand Bazaar. I think you just helped fight off my Harvest Moon obsession until Twin Villages comes out in a decade.

Well I definitely didn't mean to make it sound not-fun. I'm getting more out of this than I did out of previous HMs. I meant that the cast list doesn't have the FMN Valley level of insanity... they're likeable enough, just not hugely interesting. Bear in mind that I hated most of the Mineral Town inhabitants, and was bored brainless by everyone in the Islands games except Gannondorf. In this I actually care to some tiny degree about fixing the dumb town (god knows why), which is way more than the other games where I mostly tried to be as big an rear end in a top hat as possible.

I also like how it's kind of Dutch, with the windmills and clothing styles. What a weird decision, but oddly charming.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Hint: Not every instance of turning a base item into another will net you a profit. I believe you might actually lose money in the bazaar turning milk into cheese. While my milk was 230G, the cheese was 200G.

Corridor posted:

Hahahaha "the Japanese girl sounds incredibly hard", you have never played a HM game before have you. :haw:

Oh, I know! But it's still too much for me.

Revol fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 29, 2010

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Revol posted:

Only guys who are lying to themselves about their sexuality would marry Popourri. It's time to come out of the closet, Fishylungs.

In all fairness, I like manly men, so I have to go for the women in Harvest Moon. All the dudes are way too girly. Except Chase who is just girly enough.

SapphireC posted:

With Sunshine Islands, only Will and Vaughn seemed likable and not horribly young.

I had this problem with Animal Parade. Everyone related to the clothing store look 10, at first I was like "look at those cute kids!" but no, you marry them.

Also, I thought Wind Bazaar came out a while ago! Awesome, I kind of want to go pick it up, but then I'd be broke. :( I might trade in HMDS to ease that though.

I kind of like the sound of having the game really giving you things in Year 2 as opposed to having your cat, dog, and horse thrown at you right from the start. HMDS was a bit too easy, and Animal Parade is a bit more difficult than I care for, it seems like your farm is so far away from everything simply for the animal taxi gimmick. As well as the farm being pretty small.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
From the FOGU forums:

A good fishing spot is the one in front of the cafe... most fish there can be cooked and sold for more money.

Also, you have a chance of a fishing pole to reach further than it should be (meaning, higher quality fish) on very windy days. One forum poster made almost 8000 thanks to a stormy day.

Supposedly, the following things will GIVE you stamina (they only work once a day):

* Fill your watering can (I can vouch for this one)
* Look at the vase full of flowers
* Bounce on a barrel
* Bounce on a cow repeatedly
* Catch a new type of bug
* Throw an item perfectly into the basket
* First item found in the river
* Catch a new record length fish
* Pick up one of your chickens

And another hint from me: perhaps you should buy a cow sooner than later! I think I got my Bessie around the third or fourth week of Spring. By the time the Cow Festival came around, Bessie was fully grown and had three hearts. She won the festival, which netted me a Mithril rock and a bonus of five more friendship hearts! I got a huge boost in milk quality out of her now.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

I still prefer Back to Nature for the PS1

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Is there any way to put down the chicken you are carrying other than hurling it across the room?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Corridor posted:

Is there any way to put down the chicken you are carrying other than hurling it across the room?

Not running with it?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Revol posted:

From the FOGU forums:

A good fishing spot is the one in front of the cafe... most fish there can be cooked and sold for more money.

Also, you have a chance of a fishing pole to reach further than it should be (meaning, higher quality fish) on very windy days. One forum poster made almost 8000 thanks to a stormy day.

Supposedly, the following things will GIVE you stamina (they only work once a day):

* Fill your watering can (I can vouch for this one)
* Look at the vase full of flowers
* Bounce on a barrel
* Bounce on a cow repeatedly
* Catch a new type of bug
* Throw an item perfectly into the basket
* First item found in the river
* Catch a new record length fish
* Pick up one of your chickens

And another hint from me: perhaps you should buy a cow sooner than later! I think I got my Bessie around the third or fourth week of Spring. By the time the Cow Festival came around, Bessie was fully grown and had three hearts. She won the festival, which netted me a Mithril rock and a bonus of five more friendship hearts! I got a huge boost in milk quality out of her now.

Cows never showed up for me until summer, I guess the RNG screwed me over. I shouldn't feel too bad, in the second week of the first spring I randomly decided to jump into the river to see what that would do and found a chunk of gold that I sold for 8000G. A million jumps later and the best I got was ore rock with copper.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Cows never showed up for me until summer, I guess the RNG screwed me over. I shouldn't feel too bad, in the second week of the first spring I randomly decided to jump into the river to see what that would do and found a chunk of gold that I sold for 8000G. A million jumps later and the best I got was ore rock with copper.

ahahahahahaha

So, I'm waiting in front of the Cafe so I can trigger Freya's black heart event (even though I just got purple on her). I read your post and decided I should pass the time by jumping in the river.

First jump, I got Gold.

Revol fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 29, 2010

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Oh gently caress Yes

And...I think my game might be broken? :smith: The Windmill Guy told me that I could finally unlock the last windmill, and showed it to me. Except I never opened the second one. Am I screwed, or is this a mistranslation?

Also I raised over 40k for the next bazaar upgrade but the game keeps acting like I didn't! :argh:

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
More FOGU info:

* Somebody earlier asked about training pets. You need to buy pet toys from the mayor. They may not appear until after you buy the bell, and then the stethoscope. They may appear randomly; some bazaar days he'll only have the dog toy, some only the cat.

The dog has a toy bone. Toss it, and have him return it to you. The cat has a toy bell, and you do the same. One poster claims, however, that the cat bell has to be returned to your bag each time for it to work.

* You can have five dogs and five cats.

* Very interesting testing done concerning fertilizer and watering!

quote:

Did a little bit of testing. I planted a group of turnips, watered each once a day, and gave differing amounts of fertilizer(1 fertilizer a day). The seeds and fertilizer where both 1/2 star rank. Since turnips take 5 days to grow with 1 water a day, I could only test up to 4 days worth of fertilizer, but the results were interesting. I will do some further testing.

0 Fertilizer = 1/2 star(bazaar sell price 200)
1-3 Fertilizer = 1 star(bazaar sell price 240)
4 Fertilizer = 1.5 stars(bazaar sell price 280)

So, for turnips at least, either use 1 fertilizer, or 4, however using 4 fertilizer, apart from taking time and effort, only nets you 10 more g per unit then using 1(counting the cost of the fertilizer, and requires you to allow a full five days for the turnips to grow, which may cut into your profits.

Interestingly enough, when I cooked my turnips, the 1.5 star turnips turned into 2 star turnip salads, and the .5 and 1 star turnips turned into 1.5 star turnip salads. I'm not sure if this is a normal occurrence, but its some food for thought.

2 Star Turnip salad = 380g at bazaar
1.5 Star Turnip salad = 330g at bazaar

This means that, assuming these cooking results are normal(which they seem to be for me), that a four fertilizer turnip only nets 10g over a no fertilizer turnip when cooked, and takes a day longer, meaning that fertilizer on turnips isn't likely worth it unless you are planning to grind them into seeds.

quote:

I did some further testing with Potatoes. .5 star seeds, .5 star fertilizer. I used four test batches. Waterered all of them once a day.

a = Fertilized 0 Times = .5 star(300g at bazaar)
b = Fertilized 1 Time = 1 star(360g at bazaar)
c = Fertilized 4 Times = 1.5 star(420g at bazaar)
d = Fertilized 7 Times = 2 star(480g at bazaar)

I haven't found the exact threshold yet where potatoes move from 1.5 to 2 stars, but we're seeing some difference here. A 2 star potato nets 110g over a .5 star when counting in cost of fertilizer, which is fairly significant. However I can see arguments to going for 1.5 star so that you get can them ready in less than a week for a bazaar.

Bonus round

I did a similar test with cabbages(1 star seeds because that was what Raul was selling), but the results show some trends. Once again, 4 seeds

a = Fertilized 0 Times = 1 star(720g at bazaar)
b = Fertilized 1 Time = 1.5 stars(840g at bazaar)
c = Fertilized 4 Times = 2 stars(960g at bazaar)
d = Fertilized 14 Times = 3.5 stars!(1320g! at bazaar)

This shows us a few things. Despite having a higher starting grade, the cabbage seemed to advance at the same general rate as the potatoes and turnips. Also we see more expensive crops gain more benefit from fertilizer, and the more fertilizer you add, the quicker you get to a higher grade. The 3.5 star cabbage net 480g more then the unfertilized cabbage, even taking cost of fertilizer into account.

So in short, the more pricey the crop, the more benefit you get to growing it slowly and with lots of fertilizer.

Time permitting, I will later try and find the exact threshold for each star gain. We know 1 gains .5 star, and 4 gain 1 star, but my testing thus far hasn't giving me exact numbers beyond that.

quote:

Further testing, once again using .5 star fertilizer

Times fertilizer used = star gain

0 = 0
1-3 = +0.5
4-6 = +1
7-9 = 1.5
10-12 = 2.0

I think I'm starting to see a pattern. Any ways, I hope this research helps. Let me know if anything seems wrong.

In general, it seems that extra watering and fertilizer also increases the growth time.

And...I think my game might be broken? :smith: The Windmill Guy told me that I could finally unlock the last windmill, and showed it to me. Except I never opened the second one. Am I screwed, or is this a mistranslation?

Also I raised over 40k for the next bazaar upgrade but the game keeps acting like I didn't! :argh:

It's an odd wording, yeah. The other windmill opens up in the fall or something.

And the first time I earned over 20K during the first bazaar, I didn't upgrade. I had to do it twice. So maybe it's the same for all of them, and maybe it takes even longer? Also, are you going to the meeting the day after?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Revol posted:

It's an odd wording, yeah. The other windmill opens up in the fall or something.

And the first time I earned over 20K during the first bazaar, I didn't upgrade. I had to do it twice. So maybe it's the same for all of them, and maybe it takes even longer? Also, are you going to the meeting the day after?

Well that's good about the windmill. I was worried I had to reset. :ohdear:

I'm going to the meeting after each bazaar, but it's always the same. "Knitter made the most money! Knitter was the most popular! But we're not even close to our goal :("

e: Also I really do have a Mexican friend named Raul. He is not happy about this game :v:

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I have a Wii / DS / PSP / PS3.

I didn't remember this game until I saw this thread. My girlfriend is obsessed with games like Farmville and poo poo so I thought this would be great. Any chance of any of them being 2 player, or making it have competition/coop?

Thanks a lot!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I have a Wii / DS / PSP / PS3.

I didn't remember this game until I saw this thread. My girlfriend is obsessed with games like Farmville and poo poo so I thought this would be great. Any chance of any of them being 2 player, or making it have competition/coop?

Thanks a lot!

My boyfriend bought my Animal Parade so I would give up Farmville. Animal Parade is awesome, but it doesn't have any sort of multiplayer or co-op.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Some festivals have some terrible minigames that more than one person can play, I think.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Grand Bazaar has a full multiplayer (local and WiFi) where you can visit each other's farms. It requires two systems and two games, though. Not much gameplay to it too, beyond helping each other work on the farms and exchanging items. No animals, either.

I kinda messed myself up. I bought the metal needed to upgrade my watering can, and then extended my fields.. I only have like 100G left though!

Bessie did just churn out a Golden Milk though, so hopefully some super yogurts will help me get some money back.

edit: The first upgrade to the watering can gives you a 1x2 output. Jump, and it goes to 1x3.

edit2: Let's figure out what fish you can catch with the basic rod can be cooked into simple one-item dishes!

YES: Dark Chub, Sweetfish, Willow Gugeon
NO: Silver Goby, Crucian Carp, Bitterling

Revol fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 30, 2010

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Updated the OP with some things about Grand Bazaar.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

Revol posted:

edit2: Let's figure out what fish you can catch with the basic rod can be cooked into simple one-item dishes!

YES: Dark Chub, Sweetfish
NO: Silver Goby, Crucian Carp, Bitterling

Willow Gugeon gives Grilled Fish, I believe.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Revol posted:

And the first time I earned over 20K during the first bazaar, I didn't upgrade. I had to do it twice.
I only got to 20k once with no change, then barely got anything the week after, but it upgraded that same week. I think the only requirement is hitting the goal once (at least for the first one). For all I know, the bazaar will progress whether you help or not.

It's weird, by far my most profitable week was when I just filled my field with turnips, fertilized them twice, then made them all into salad. Tomato salad isn't giving me the profits I was hoping for. Looks like onions would have been better, but I have two trees taking up space so I can only get nine a week. Oh well, maybe fall will go better.

As for fish, I know these so far:
Dark Chub (under cafe): fish paste
Sweetfish AND Willow Gudgeon (under cafe): grilled fish

The sort of annoying thing about the grilled fish is that both work, but the recipe book only remembers whichever one you last recorded the recipe for. So even if you have one type, if the recipe book is using the other, it will say you lack the ingredients. For all I know there are other fish that will work for the recipe, though I tried cooking every fish I could get and they were the only ones that work. So unless there are really rare ones or fish in other seasons that work, I dunno.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Yaaay, I got tbe best reputation, thanks to Ivan asking me the same question 4 times in one day! OMG I get a prize! It's... oh. A Fertilizer. Gee thanks.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Not running with it?

Do you actually have chickens, or are you just guessing? Because my character hurls the chickens every time, whether I'm in run mode or walk mode or standing still. If there's a way to put them down gently I'm not finding it.

And I've been throwing myself into the river since day 1 and got no gold. Best I got is 'small coin' a few times. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

Did a little bit of testing. I planted a group of turnips, watered each once a day, and gave differing amounts of fertilizer(1 fertilizer a day). The seeds and fertilizer where both 1/2 star rank. Since turnips take 5 days to grow with 1 water a day, I could only test up to 4 days worth of fertilizer, but the results were interesting. I will do some further testing.

What happens if you don't water your crops? Do they die, give you lower-quality crops or take longer to grow? If it's the last one, can you use the extra days of growth for more fertiliser and thus higher quality crops?

• Locked thread