Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.
Astrid being Astrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Face of Boe
Aug 8, 2010

Goodbye Blue Monday
My handsome kitty Leopold "Butters" Stoch, or Butters. When we adopted him from a shelter his name was Leopold, and my boyfriend being a South Park fan had to name him Butters. We actually rescued him twice. The second time he had gotten out from our new place, and after 2 weeks we figured he had passed. 4 months later we get a call from a neighbor saying they found our cat. He had lost so much weight that his arm got stuck under his collar and had become embedded. After about 3-4 months of weekly trips to the vet he healed almost perfectly.

My pretty kitty girl Marjorine. Her name is from South Park again. She looked very similar to Butters but with long hair and a girl. So her name came from when Butters dressed up like a girl.

My other handsome kitty man Omar Little. Named after the character from "The Wire" which we were on a kick. Omar was a scruffy, messy looking guy who made the other kitties run scared. When ever we see him walking we yell "OMAR COMING!!"

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
We got another Great Dane puppy this week due to a boss that couldn't handle him with his children.

So, now Dexter (the one we had) has a play mate! Dexter is about 17 1/2 weeks old wearing the brownish collar and Chief is about 15 weeks old wearing the blue and red collar.

Dexter chewing on Chief's ear

I STEP ON YOU

Chief Stepping on Dex

Kick to the FACE

Dexter goes Devil Dog

Chief gives up

Water Time!

Dexter being Sweet

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
So as it turns out, my dog likes fries.

Name: Kobe.
Breed: pure German Shepherd.

I think this picture makes him look bigger than he is.

Mr. Kite fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 28, 2010

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

cat pics

I want your camera and your cat.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
Oh noes my puppy shrank! :3:

soap.
Jul 15, 2007

Her?

a life less posted:

Coal and Pebble approve. Coal especially.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

Druggachusettes posted:

I want your camera and your cat.

The camera is easy to come by. You just gotta learn how to use it, drop by Dorkroom for some tips. The cat is mine and mine alone.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

This is my new rescue puppy, Godric.

We just adopted him yesterday after meeting him at a dog fair. He was a severely malnourished stray that was discovered with his sister. He is estimated to be 8-9 months old; and is a mix of Lab, some kind of Shepherd, and potentially a bit of Pointer as well. He currently weighs a little bit under 40 lbs, and he is expected to reach about 60 at full size.

He is the best dog! No anxiety at all after entering a new home full of strangers. He even sat quietly on the other side of the room as one of my friends ate a steak dinner. He never barks or begs, and learned to walk at heel in about 2 minutes. I'm completely in love with this guy! He was definitely someone's pet before he was discovered, he came already neutered, and knows a collection of tricks.

The only problem I have with him is that he doesn't want to play with any toys. We even filled his kong with peanut butter and he just stares at it when we throw it. He is very playful physically, but fetch might not be his thing yet.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
We took Zoso for a hike near Mt. Monadnock (apparently they don't allow dogs on the mountain anymore :wtf: )

Who's got way too big eyes on a tiny head? Yooouu do!

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

This is my dog Magic:

He died today. He was a good dog.

HOT BRITISH SEX
Jun 12, 2007

She's just coming, sir.
I'm sorry Breadnought. :( He looks quite old in the picture; I take it that he had a good innings?

This is Kira (oriental tabby); we got her when I was ten, so I grew up with her (I'm now 22). We had to have her put down a week ago. :(

That means that we're now left with Domino (named because of the perfect black dot on her chin), who's half burmese, half mog. She's 13 now, and is a grumpy bugger if she doesn't think that you're likely to feed her.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Having cupcakes and trying to take pictures of our new cat for my sister. Our new kitten Ginko decided to steal some when we weren't noticing. Thought it was funny enough to post.

Yes I know chocolate is bad for cats.

charliecantsurf
Jun 17, 2005

This is Tux. We got him a few weeks back from someone who adopted him but couldn't keep him. We think he is Australian Shepard and Border Collie -- former owner thinks hes part Dingo but I'm not too sure on that.

Fatty Patty
Nov 30, 2007

How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

charliecantsurf posted:

This is Tux. We got him a few weeks back from someone who adopted him but couldn't keep him. We think he is Australian Shepard and Border Collie -- former owner is completely and totally retarded.

there, I fixed that for you :)

cute dog, I love his freckles

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I can't believe I've only had this beast for a month. Major's awesome and I don't understand how he could have been through 2 shelters, a rescue and at least 3 homes in his two years.

Plus my Mom's corgi, Cricket, who is hanging with us for a couple of days and decided to pose this morning.

Bonus critter!

Edited to add the elder-pig who was left out. He's almost 8 and I'm telling myself he'll live forever :3:

vvvvv Thanks, it was a lovely morning!

Instant Jellyfish fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 1, 2010

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Jellyfish those are great photos. :3: I always check this thread in hopes of some really nice doggy photography.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pepper is a lot bigger now. :)

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
I'm finally getting a cat! Long-time cat lover, first time owner. I grew up with an awesome Siamese who unfortunately had to be put down in Spring '09 at the age of 14. Now I'll be moving into my own (pet-friendly) apartment, so I'll be picking up this kitty on Sunday!

Not my pics, they're from the shelter web site, but hopefully I'll have some good ones once I pick her up. The shelter named her Helena, and she is a Torbie (tortoiseshell-tabby). They think she is 1-2 years old but aren't really sure because she was dumped at the shelter along with her 4 kittens (all adopted now).:3:

lazywhiteboy
Sep 11, 2006

not everybody's cup of tea
This is my boy Bud, 1/2 American Bulldog 1/2 English Bulldog.

DO NOT touch the remote while Masterchef is on!

Whoa Black Betty
Nov 29, 2008
This is Pepper, a 2 year old Snowshoe. Pepper's hobbies include stealing socks from the laundry and dunking them into his water bowl, scratching baseboards rather than scratching posts, and bringing lizards inside from off the screened in porch as presents.

This is Salt, a 15 week old Siamese. Salt enjoys tormenting Pepper, chasing her tail, and teaching Pepper bad kitten habits.

Here's Pepper teaching Salt the joys of the sink. She doesn't share his love of water, though.

Technically these are my roommate's kitties but considering I've shared a home with the little boogers since she got them I pretend they're mine too :3:

Whoa Black Betty fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Sep 3, 2010

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
I don't think I ever posted these pictures of Dexter. This is when he was about 9 weeks old:

McCloud24
May 23, 2008

You call yourself a knight; what is that?

This is Henry "Hank" Aaron, named after my mom's favorite baseball player and our stupid cat with the same name that died. He'd kind of dumb, but a nice guy. We're not entirely sure what he is. The DNA test we had done on him said Norwegian Elkhound, Chow Chow, Siberian Husky, and Boxer of all things, so we don't know what to think.

Here is is with his baby sister, Penny. She's (as far as we know) a purebred Dachshund that we adopted after she was rescued from the streets of Chicago with her mother and brother. Everyone we've talked to that would know this sort of thing says she looks like a purebred, and apparently her mother did too, but we really have no way of knowing what her father might have been. Either way, rescue and no puppy mill.

Fatty Patty
Nov 30, 2007

How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

McCloud24 posted:

Here is is with his baby sister, Penny. She's (as far as we know) a purebred Dachshund that we adopted after she was rescued from the streets of Chicago with her mother and brother. Everyone we've talked to that would know this sort of thing says she looks like a purebred, and apparently her mother did too, but we really have no way of knowing what her father might have been. Either way, rescue and no puppy mill.

it might just be a bad picture but her snout looks way too thick to be a dachshund snout, especially for her young age.

Keso.Xorganoff
Apr 18, 2010

by T. Finn

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Having cupcakes and trying to take pictures of our new cat for my sister. Our new kitten Ginko decided to steal some when we weren't noticing. Thought it was funny enough to post.

Yes I know chocolate is bad for cats.

That's how my cat looks like except she's 1 week old, she opened her eyes this week. I can't wait to get her,only 11 weeks to go :neckbeard:

Keso.Xorganoff
Apr 18, 2010

by T. Finn

My 5 year old turtle mistress. She's like a dog in a shell. When I feed her I walk into the kitchen to thaw some shrimps/clams/other food and she just follows every step i make, and as I sit on the floor she climbs up my lap and takes a clam/shrimp runs away eats it and then come back for more.

And she also very curios and unafraid

(She didn't get hurt)

Bob Log
May 19, 2004

Hey, It's Bob Log
These are my girlfriend's dogs, Gus (Black) and Karma (white) the most basset-ey bassets ever. I've moved in with them so they're kinda mine too.

beneatsfood
Feb 19, 2008
This is my best friend Snoopy. He passed away today, and I thought that I would share his cheerful disposition with all of you guys. Love you, bud.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

beneatsfood posted:

This is my best friend Snoopy. He passed away today, and I thought that I would share his cheerful disposition with all of you guys. Love you, bud.

Looks like an awesome guy, so sorry for your loss.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
My friends just got a mini schnauzer. He's 9 weeks and named Ari and absolutely adorable.

(he didn't know what to make of the dslr sounds)

Abbeycrombie
Sep 8, 2010
This is my Bulldog, Blake. He was born May 20, 2010.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Took this picture of my cat as I found her lying in the sun, she'd been lying in the room in a spot where the sun was and kept moving along the room as the suns position changed, when she jumped into the bookshelf to lie on bills and receipts I decided it was enough:

Requiem Fur Laika
Dec 2, 2007

Rude Dog

And the Dweebs!

McCloud24 posted:

This is Henry "Hank" Aaron, named after my mom's favorite baseball player and our stupid cat with the same name that died. He'd kind of dumb, but a nice guy. We're not entirely sure what he is. The DNA test we had done on him said Norwegian Elkhound, Chow Chow, Siberian Husky, and Boxer of all things, so we don't know what to think.

Holy poo poo your dog is the albino version of my dog! Not too sure what breeds my dog is either. The official diagnosis from the shelter we got him from was Shetland/Shepard cross however.

perhapsimabandit
Feb 16, 2007
THE HORSE
This is Trillium:

She is a 9 year old Kiger Mustang whose talents include being halfway gaited (making her appear to be lame when she goes into lazy-rear end-running-walk-trot-hybrid mode), imagining horsey mind-ghosts who chase her around the arena during playtime, ripping apart anything nylon (but not her expensive Jolly Ball), and generally being a douche. (attitude very similar to all the primitive dog breeds we've been seeing around here lately. Primitive of any species appears to = rear end in a top hat)

Glamour shot (or Hey! Have you guys heard of HDR?!? Check it out!)

Riding! As you can see Tril is fun-sized (I am only 5'3") but she's sturdy and her motor runs FOREVER. If she wasn't scared shitless of everything that moves outside she would make a lovely endurance horse. Smooth smooth smooth :)

Getting ready!

Bonus baby pic! :3: She's not sure what to make of my mom... (skinny is due to being a yearling/photo angle)

THE RATS
Sadly, these two passed away this summer - 3.5 years of scritches and aimless snuffling ain't bad though! (especially for pet-co feeder rescues...)

Widget

Clementine

Widget & Clementine

I'll have to see if I can dig up any pictures of my parent's cats (i.e. calico colored basketball with legs and scaredy mc scared-pants) and take some decent shots of the fish tank... to be continued!

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:
This is Alice, a 7 year old Syberian/Persian cat with the worst personality I've ever seen in cats :3: She's not that overweight but her fur makes her look like a super fatass.

(Excuse the horrible image quality, only had my phone with me at the time she was chilling)

And here is Alice looking confused:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

These are Norway and Periwinkle:

I wanted to take them home today, but I haven't finished moving into my new apartment, so it was better to leave them at the Humane Society for a day or two more while I finish getting settled in. (I hope they're not gone by Friday :ohdear:)

Here's Norway (which I shall be naming Oliver):

And here's Periwinkle (which I shall be naming either Olivia or Molly):

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen

This is Sophia. Sophia is awesome.

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.
We adopted sisters from the local animal shelter.

Meet Bacon (left), Burbon (right).

Burbon loves Catnip... and my mouse. I was inspired to make a cat video one evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0amBmys8CM'

e: Also, I know you're here so... :argh: 1Goonette :argh:

the amber trap
Aug 13, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

Took this picture of my cat as I found her lying in the sun, she'd been lying in the room in a spot where the sun was and kept moving along the room as the suns position changed, when she jumped into the bookshelf to lie on bills and receipts I decided it was enough:

I don't think I've ever seen a cat's pupils so constricted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Puppies my dad rescued from the pound over 1 year ago. The one looking up is Remmy and the other one is Mishka.

Click here for the full 1280x1118 image.

My cat Sushi about the same time:

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Edit: Here's the puppies playing tug-o-war and here's Sushi being attacked by my roomies puppy

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Sep 22, 2010

• Locked thread