Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No sweat it's not a big deal I can wait until you do it again even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

I opened mine and messed with it for a while then put it back in the card. It mostly makes me want Plastic Man goggles IRL.
Glad it showed up OK.

I love all the little extra parts he comes with. Eel's on my shelf ogling Power Girl right now.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Green Lantern 5 pack is dropping so keep an eye out for it.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Hopefully it's just as plentiful as the last one so I can either get it on sale after Christmas for $20 or get just Guy on ebay for $10.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I was never so lucky :(

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Man, pictures did not do Blackest Night Wave 5 justice. The face on Black Lantern Batman is so loving wrong it's awesome, and there's dirt all over the costume. It's pretty great. Nekron looks great too, his chains are actual chains. I don't have them out of the package yet so I dunno about articulation but holy poo poo, Black Lantern Batman's face.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Oh yes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

gregday posted:

Oh yes.

That is an amazing codpiece.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Anime Powerup and Die Laughing you have sent me neither your address nor any money!

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD

vkeios
May 7, 2007

drat it, you're making me want one. That paint job on him looks a lot better than any other Play Arts Kai I've seen. But if I do get him, I'll have to grab the other Snake for the extra weapons, and I really want the Peace Walker and ZEKE bots... My wallet is going to hate me :ohdear:

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

It's beautiful. Square-Enix is flat out making the best action figures currently on the market. I love the Christmastown Sora I bought a few weeks ago.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jet Ready Go posted:

OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD

Where did you find this :aaa:

gregday
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

That is an amazing codpiece.

It's the codpiece Gotham deserves.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

CapnAndy posted:

Where did you find this :aaa:

Local Comic Shop. (Forbidden Planet)

Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Play Arts Action Figure (Square Enix Productions)

Got it for $44.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn
I really want to ge the cocoon figure they're coming out with, but i played the game so much as soon as I got it out the box I'd start breaking off guns

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Apparently Square Enix is loving with me. It sounds like ZEKE doesn't come with his equipment, you gotta buy the other singing weapons and pull their poo poo off.

Edit:
VV Apparently Cocoon is 29 cm long, but I haven't found info on the other ones.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 27, 2010

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Any idea how large they are scheduled to be?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just got an email from bgaesop:

quote:

Hey you! Yeah you, Xenomrph (where is that o anyways). I got banned, so you should tell BSS that I have sent out everyone's figures, except for Die Laughing, who never did send me any money or an address. If he wants to do so I can send out his figures tomorrow.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just got a package in the mail from bgaesop.

A+++ SELLER WOULD BUY FROM AGAIN

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I'm enjoying the packaging for this.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

The Rage posted:

I'm enjoying the packaging for this.

I'll be enjoying the fact I will get all 4 non-slimed versions of them without paying $20 + shipping each. I really always loved those darker gray suits too.

Hopefully this will do well enough and they may get a GB1 4 pack too. What I wouldn't give to be able to walk into a TRU and just buy Ghostbusters figures right off of the shelf, like with the TDK figures....

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Xenomrph posted:

Just got a package in the mail from bgaesop.

A+++ SELLER WOULD BUY FROM AGAIN

Got mine as well, thanks dude!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jace Madan posted:

What I wouldn't give to be able to walk into a TRU and just buy Ghostbusters figures right off of the shelf, like with the TDK figures....

You're just living in the wrong century, it was possible once upon a time...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Jace Madan posted:

I'll be enjoying the fact I will get all 4 non-slimed versions of them without paying $20 + shipping each. I really always loved those darker gray suits too.

Hopefully this will do well enough and they may get a GB1 4 pack too. What I wouldn't give to be able to walk into a TRU and just buy Ghostbusters figures right off of the shelf, like with the TDK figures....

Now that would have been my perfect set, the four 'Busters in their tan GB1 jumpsuits, non-slimed, no hats, no other silly variants. I think those would sell like crazy to guys in their 30s like me. I'm cheap and almost out of collecting action figures, but there's no way I could pass on that set, and I haven't had any desire to buy any of the GB figures off Matty's website. I don't know why Mattel makes some of the choices it does.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Now that would have been my perfect set, the four 'Busters in their tan GB1 jumpsuits, non-slimed, no hats, no other silly variants. I think those would sell like crazy to guys in their 30s like me. I'm cheap and almost out of collecting action figures, but there's no way I could pass on that set, and I haven't had any desire to buy any of the GB figures off Matty's website. I don't know why Mattel makes some of the choices it does.

Same here. I'm 25, grew up with the cartoon, had all the toys, saw the movies virtually every day when I was a kid. Just seeing these guys brings back so many memories and feelings. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay $20 for a slimed Venkman headsculpt and have to wait for the good unslimed one to come out months later.

A 4 pack with just the guys, the original suits, gear, containment unit and slimer would be so awesome. I would get at least 2 sets. And shape the box like the firehouse.

I am so glad I never got into collecting the MOTUC figs. I like He-Man, but when the figures become frustrating to collect, it's not worth it. For example, I was able to order as many NECA Predators figs as I wanted. An adult-oriented figure from a relatively small toymaker (compared to Hasbro, Mattel, ect.). Yet Mattel has problems getting these figures (which I think kids today would freaking love to play with BTW) into people's hands?

These guys should be on the shelves in TRU right next to the crap they are trying to shovel to kids these days. Kids love monsters and barbarians and swords and laser guns just like they did when I grew up with it.
The MOTUC vs. DCU sets at TRU with the same boring DCU figs are selling out because people want these. I have no doubt TRU will sell out of these GB sets very quickly.

Hell, my dad loves Ghostbusters, I may get him a set of these to sit on his computer desk, he would love it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Why does MattyCollector's logo look like a colossal douchebag?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Why does MattyCollector's logo look like a colossal douchebag?

Because it's that much more insulting after your order doesn't go through and the thing you want sells out in 30 seconds while you're trying to reload the page to have a smug bastard with a crown smirking at you.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The reason why MOTU and Ghostbusters aren't in stores is because Wal-Mart and Target are not interested in them. Sadly that is controls the market pretty much anymore. Getting them interested in a toyline without a new movie or cartoon to promote it is next to impossible.

Hell G.I. Joe is a HUGE property and it took awhile for both Target and Wal-Mart to start ordering and stocking it in any numbers. Sadly they seem to not be interested in taking any chances with properties, which is why you will see isles covered in poo poo like Prince of Persia and random anime cartoon junk that does not sell only because it has something behind it.

I am actually kinda surprised that MOTU hasn't been pushed to retail yet though. It sells well online and I imagine kids would dig the characters now like we did. I guess the beating that people took from He-Man 200x is still fresh.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Djarum posted:

The reason why MOTU and Ghostbusters aren't in stores is because Wal-Mart and Target are not interested in them. Sadly that is controls the market pretty much anymore. Getting them interested in a toyline without a new movie or cartoon to promote it is next to impossible.

Hell G.I. Joe is a HUGE property and it took awhile for both Target and Wal-Mart to start ordering and stocking it in any numbers. Sadly they seem to not be interested in taking any chances with properties, which is why you will see isles covered in poo poo like Prince of Persia and random anime cartoon junk that does not sell only because it has something behind it.

I am actually kinda surprised that MOTU hasn't been pushed to retail yet though. It sells well online and I imagine kids would dig the characters now like we did. I guess the beating that people took from He-Man 200x is still fresh.

Yeah, I'm praying these waves of GI Joe POC figures do well (they seem to be). These are some of the best Joe figs I've ever gotten. The detail and accessories are top notch. But like you said, there's no cartoon around 'em (well not yet) and stores are still burned from having 500 Destros and Neo-vipers clogging the shelves. It sucks, even though we do get these, there were some other cool figures (like Jungle Cobra commander) that were canned because of the "faliure" of the ROC figs.

I'm still upset about MOTU 200x, the sculpting was amazing, the figures were fun, and there were so many great characters to get... if you could find them among the "Pimp Daddy" Skeletor and Neon party beachhouse He-man variants. I think had Mattel not killed the line with senseless shortpacking and some other really, really stupid choices it would have lasted a good amount of time.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Djarum posted:

I was never a MOTU fan as a kid in the '80s and I'm still not into it now, but I thought the 200x figures always looked really sharp -- a vast improvement over the originals, and something it seems like kids would have enjoyed. Didn't Mattel sabotage the line by shortpacking most of the characters in favor of inane He-Man and Skeletor variants? It probably would have sold a lot better if not for their bungling.

See also: Mattel's seemingly-random Justice League Unlimited figure distribution, how we're forced to get so many duplicate figures in the 3-packs and (now-canceled) 6-packs, and how the pegs get clogged with even more duplicate figures rereleased as singles, and the BRILLIANT decision to make colorful, kid-friendly characters like Captain Marvel and the Legionnaires Matty.com exclusives while mass-marketing an old man in a military uniform and a fat lady and wondering why they aren't flying off the pegs.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Jace Madan posted:

I'm still upset about MOTU 200x, the sculpting was amazing, the figures were fun, and there were so many great characters to get... if you could find them among the "Pimp Daddy" Skeletor and Neon party beachhouse He-man variants. I think had Mattel not killed the line with senseless shortpacking and some other really, really stupid choices it would have lasted a good amount of time.

Yeah, as I recall the line was actually flying off the shelves until Mattel ruined it by clogging stores with crap nobody wanted. That was one of my favorite toy lines of all time. Each one was a work of art. I was ready to clear out pretty much my whole toy collection to make room for more of them. It breaks my heart that they didn't get around to making actual toys of the Horde, because the Hordak "staction" is just about the coolest thing I own. The poor bastard is forever stuck in one pose, though.

There are a few of those figures I never did manage to track down, and now I'm too poor to go hunting for them on ebay. At least I can look forward to one day adding them to my collection. Meanwhile, those overpriced, butt-ugly "Classics" figures are a poor substitute. There's just no artistry there.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I like a lot of the new figures. They're a good blend of classic and new styles.
That being said, I loved the 200X stuff.

However the price of Classics does turn me off them.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 1, 2010

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

There are a few of those figures I never did manage to track down, and now I'm too poor to go hunting for them on ebay. At least I can look forward to one day adding them to my collection. Meanwhile, those overpriced, butt-ugly "Classics" figures are a poor substitute. There's just no artistry there.

The Four Horsemen seem to be artistically stuck in the '70s and '80s sometimes. For every awesome Guy Gardner or Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle we get, we also seem to get a buttload of Super Powers rejects nobody but them gives a poo poo about. Admittedly, the Cyclotron figure was better than I expected, but figures like him and Golden Pharoah are taking up space that could be better devoted to finishing out the teams they've already started that people do, in fact, seem to care about.

The same thing happens with MOTUC; they're so bent on nostalgia for the original toys that they gimp themselves artistically.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Sanschel posted:

The Four Horsemen seem to be artistically stuck in the '70s and '80s sometimes. For every awesome Guy Gardner or Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle we get, we also seem to get a buttload of Super Powers rejects nobody but them gives a poo poo about. Admittedly, the Cyclotron figure was better than I expected, but figures like him and Golden Pharoah are taking up space that could be better devoted to finishing out the teams they've already started that people do, in fact, seem to care about.

The same thing happens with MOTUC; they're so bent on nostalgia for the original toys that they gimp themselves artistically.

Well the problem is they are trying to make everyone happy and doing about as best as they can. Unlike with Marvel stuff where there isn't as much of a history and a "iconic" look for each character, DC stuff you tend to have one look mainly a late 70s / early 80s for pretty much everyone. Also there is a huge demand for Super Powers stuff even now which is a huge chunk of the audience.

While there are some legitimate criticisms about the Four Horsemen and DCUC stuff in general I don't feel that is one of them. They are trying to make everyone in the audience happy somewhat and doing a fairly good job. Where a Super Powers fan doesn't give a poo poo about a Jaime Reyes Blue Beatle they love a Golden Pharoah.

I think you can complain about the lack of articulation more than character selection. Hopefully we shall see a updated Batman with the new double knee and elbows soon. Perhaps a little more modern this time as well.

Also I hate Wal-Mart exclusives. I am still very pissed that I have never seen a single Joker from that wave. I got 2 pegs cluddered with Powergirls still, which I might pick up sometime for leg swaps.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Saw the Green Lantern 5 pack tonight at Wal-Mart, its incredible looking. I want to buy it, but I already have 2/5 Green Lanterns.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Sanschel posted:

It's more Mattel management telling them what they can and can't do.

And for some reason Mattel HATES the 200x stuff and wants no reference to it. Unlike with the stactions they did, with the Classics line they are working with specific rules by Mattel (since it's their property) to do the line. So we won't get those awesome reimiginations they did of characters like Clawful.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Whiplash came with a 200X head is that the last of the 200x heads?!?!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

Whiplash came with a 200X head is that the last of the 200x heads?!?!

Yep, they said on their Facebook shortly after the sub sale ended.

Ya know, after people locked in for the year.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Sep 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There isn't an emoticon big enough to express my anger.
Though at least Whiplash got a new head. His old one is probably the worst.