Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

benito posted:

Don't forget Walt's plan for combating movie piracy: the movie studios get to destroy pirates' computers via the internet with an electromagnetic pulse. It's really his best solution for society's problems since he suggested pairing up child molesters with midgets.

When you start worrying about the sanity of the hosts, is it time to stop listening?

I've always liked Walt when he guested on Smodcast. After listening to every episode of Tell 'Em Steve Dave, I think Walt may be the dumbest person in New Jersey, shore included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Bill Maher on Nerdist today. No clue how that will go.

Borrego
May 17, 2010

I need pictures!
Pictures of Greaser-Man!

benito posted:

Don't forget Walt's plan for combating movie piracy: the movie studios get to destroy pirates' computers via the internet with an electromagnetic pulse. It's really his best solution for society's problems since he suggested pairing up child molesters with midgets.

I agreed with almost everything he said about piracy but his knowledge of E.m.p.'s had me rolling. Especially when he found out it was a bomb that would take out a block and Bryan Yells "God drat it, we have no electricity you just had to pirate Ernest goes to Hollywood for the 27th time... again!

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.

bananasinpajamas posted:

Bill Maher on Nerdist today. No clue how that will go.

I think it was a good episode. Maher was funny and interesting and not trying to be especially controversial.

Chexxum
Sep 24, 2002

Jesus Krist is :cool:

DrVenkman posted:

I thought Elisabeth Shue was adorable "I've had a very mediocre career"

The new WTF with Judd Apatow is amazing. I'd love to hear the original tapes with a 16 Year Old Judd interviewing all these comedians.

Also interesting to hear Leno's philosophy on Comedy. It seems like even at that point it's less him doing something he loves and more a job.

That whole episode was loving awesome, can't wait for part 2. It was interesting to hear Leno say that he never writes, but admits that he should. Also the whole "do your job" thing. Fast forward 10 years later he has a regular 9-5 job with a full writing staff at his disposal.

On the other hand, Seinfeld seemed more like Apatow in the sense that they both grew up being huge fans of stand-up. Kinda ironic hearing Seinfeld toy with the idea of a sitcom, saying he was going to try acting, but only to improve his exposure for his stand-up act. I know he got back into stand-up briefly after his show, but I don't think he's done it lately :smith:.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

Borrego posted:

I agreed with almost everything he said about piracy but his knowledge of E.m.p.'s had me rolling. Especially when he found out it was a bomb that would take out a block and Bryan Yells "God drat it, we have no electricity you just had to pirate Ernest goes to Hollywood for the 27th time... again!

It's one of those weird things that you don't have to agree or disagree with the guy to realize that he's driven by two things: fear and rage, both based on rumors and urban legends. His rant about not wanting to go to Mexico is classic. OK, he doesn't want to go to Mexico. No big deal. But he starts explaining that eating or drinking anything in Mexico will kill you instantly, and even if you refuse to eat or drink anything, you'll be kidnapped and killed by drug cartels. He won't fly in airplanes, he refuses to eat anything other than pizza or fried chicken, him shutting down entirely in Houston...

Like the other guy said, I loved Walt's appearances on Smodcast, and even found that honking nerd laugh endearing. But the more I listen to TESD, the more I think there's a deeply disturbed, paranoid mind at work.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
Man, I'm so pissed that so many podcasts are coming to Bumbershoot. I live a 10 minute bus ride away from Seattle Center (Ballard). But the problem is there's so many loving people, and it increases every year, yet Seattle won't do anything about it but raise ticket prices.

Would I love to see NNF? Garfunkle and Oates? Marc Maron? Everyone that comes with them? gently caress Yeah would! But the truth is you're lucky if you get into anything. I waited five hours to see Harvey Pekar, only to be shouted at by some loving kid "IF YOU'RE BEHIND THIS LINE YOU'RE NOT GETTING IN!! LEAVE!!! NOW!!!" Ok, well too bad I never saw that guy before he died. Fred Armisen is doing a show this afternoon... "WE ARE AT CAPACITY!!! LEAVE NOW! YOU WILL NOT GET INTO THIS SHOW!" Oh thanks, douchebag volunteer. I'm glad I stood here for three hours to get blow-dried by your stupid rear end. Enjoy my 70 bucks.

Meanwhile you'll have no trouble getting into these events: The Ankle-Breaking Stroller Parade, The Hippie Drum Circle (x50), The (Outlying Seattle Area) Contingent who think it's fun to come to Seattle and act like assholes, because a ticket means entitlement to act like a loving jerk.

Rambling grumble grumble I hate what Bumbershoot has become grumble gruble.

My only hope is to watch the AST board and see if any of them are playing anywhere else.

E: wait, what's this "comedy pass"?

E2: Oh, it still sucks. :(

A PRIZED MULE! fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Sep 1, 2010

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

I am enjoying Doug Loves Movies so much these days that I would pay to listen.

Bought his recent release from iTunes the other day, saving it for a long ferry ride this weekend. The Elisabeth Shue DLM podcast was great too.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007
I loving hate you, Uhh Yeah Dude.

Episode 34.
The Maul of America.

Crocs: Dead Comfy.

How the gently caress am I supposed to get work done if I am too busy lolling, UYD?! What the gently caress.

Also, further apologies for doubting this show. I took a brief haitus for the new This American Life and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, but it's been all UYD ever since. And it's going to be all UYD all the way to Dragon*Con, and my wife might divorce me because of it, because she hates talk radio, she hates comedy, and she hates laughing and feeling good, but it will be loving worth it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
That's some e/n poo poo right there... but you should totally sever, dude.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Who the hell hates comedy?

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Cast Iron Brick posted:

I've always liked Walt when he guested on Smodcast. After listening to every episode of Tell 'Em Steve Dave, I think Walt may be the dumbest person in New Jersey, shore included.

Every time I listen to this podcast and he goes on one of his completely insane rants, I kinda have to wonder if that's the real guy, or if he's a caricature/exaggeration made just for the show. I'm just having a lot of trouble coming to grips with someone that insane existing.

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
New Pod F. Tompkast is up today.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
/\/\/\ :argh:

I've been checking everyday, at least once a day, and finally my clicks have led me to a new Pod F. Tompkast!

E.T. NO HOMO fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 1, 2010

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
Also Little Gary is back in the new Comedy Death-Ray, which is up on the Earwolf site today.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just hope he didn't get trampled again at a rodeo for the poor.

Mq
Jul 7, 2005
Lazy fat bastard

Cast Iron Brick posted:

He is a weird dude but whenever he comes up with some new crazy poo poo it's hilarious to me. Like his completely earnest but retarded tips for college students. He is like New Jersey's answer to Karl Pilkington.

edit: don't buy any gizmos and stay in your barren dorm all year

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!

caveman thug poo poo posted:

I've been checking everyday, at least once a day, and finally my clicks have led me to a new Pod F. Tompkast!

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

Also Little Gary is back in the new Comedy Death-Ray, which is up on the Earwolf site today.

When I get fired for not doing any work today, I'm holding both you cocksuckers responsible.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

The_Rob posted:

rodeo for the poor.
I think you just mean "rodeo".

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003

Mister J posted:

When I get fired for not doing any work today, I'm holding both you cocksuckers responsible.

Hey give me credit where it's due, I beat him to the Pod F. Tompkast too. Hold just this cocksucker responsible.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!
My apologies Wise Old Shitashi, you are truly the only Komedy Kocksucker in this scenario.

widunder
May 2, 2002
After listening to every ep of Doug Loves Movies, I'm gonna have to pass. I mostly think his improv is pretty dull, and while some of his guests are alright most of them are just mid-tier Twitter-era comedians. I've noticed that stand ups often don't improv well together if they don't have styles that jive poorly, so to speak. I really enjoyed the actual game, just not the banter before it.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

nemoulette posted:

After listening to every ep of Doug Loves Movies, I'm gonna have to pass.
You're either too stoned, or not stoned enough.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
Adam Carolla on the latest Savage Lovecast. That felt... odd. I wonder who set that up.

Borrego
May 17, 2010

I need pictures!
Pictures of Greaser-Man!
Thank you goons for recommending UYD. I listened to a few episodes to day at work and I'm hooked.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I was cracking up so hard at Cakeboss on CDR, then I was browsing blockbuster and saw a Cake Boss DVD. I had no idea it was a show.

(When I saw it there was a split second where I hoped it was a new PFT DVD or something)

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

NecronSchmecron posted:

Why did he leave? It was never clear, but hints lead to something between him and Jimmy Dore.

I remember Jimmy mentioned during a subscription drive that if they met some target, he'd finally spill the beans about what happened that made Todd leave the show.

Though I don't recall if that goal was ever met, or if they forgot about it.

As long as I can hear Todd do more flawless Phil Donohue impressions, so much the better!

The Sklarbro Country podcast is probably my favorite at the moment, it's hilarious and even when I don't follow the sport they're talking about, they still make it engaging.

Plus, a couple of Dueling Carsons now and then.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Jet Jaguar posted:

As long as I can hear Todd do more flawless Phil Donohue impressions, so much the better!

This just reminded me that PFT does a loving spot-on John C. Reilly, which when you think about doing is kinda easy but still, it's awesome and I love what he did with the Andrew Lloyd Weber/John C. Reilly conversation on the new podcast.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

This just reminded me that PFT does a loving spot-on John C. Reilly, which when you think about doing is kinda easy but still, it's awesome and I love what he did with the Andrew Lloyd Weber/John C. Reilly conversation on the new podcast.

I cannot wait for this play that they are making.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

There's a Comedy Death Ray with... John Hamm, I think it is, where he and John C. Reilly have an acting competition.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I'm so psyched. New Pod F. Tompkast, and Lil' Gary (possibly my fave CDR character) has returned! Also, Marc Maron with Judd Apatow was amazing! Can't wait for part II. He truly does some outstanding shows.

Also, the first time I listened to the Jon Hamm/John C. Reilly act-off, I had to pause my iPod every couple seconds; it was making me laugh so hard, I looked like a crazy person.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Jet Jaguar posted:

There's a Comedy Death Ray with... John Hamm, I think it is, where he and John C. Reilly have an acting competition.

Yeah and John C. Reilly won like a motherfucker

Villain's Mask
Nov 28, 2004

This post he typed in cold blood with a toothpick

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Also, Marc Maron with Judd Apatow was amazing! Can't wait for part II. He truly does some outstanding shows.

Part II is out. It's strange--I like him much more as a host/interviewer than a comedian at this point. He can certainly make me laugh but he seems to be able to consistently get some interesting discussion out of people.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

nemoulette posted:

After listening to every ep of Doug Loves Movies, I'm gonna have to pass. I mostly think his improv is pretty dull, and while some of his guests are alright most of them are just mid-tier Twitter-era comedians. I've noticed that stand ups often don't improv well together if they don't have styles that jive poorly, so to speak. I really enjoyed the actual game, just not the banter before it.

I don't think you have to pass, you've already listened to every single episode. Jesus.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Jet Jaguar posted:

The Sklarbro Country podcast is probably my favorite at the moment, it's hilarious and even when I don't follow the sport they're talking about, they still make it engaging.

Plus, a couple of Dueling Carsons now and then.

I've never been a fan of theirs but I thought they did okay when guesting on CDR. I tried listening to their podcast but man that twin thing gets boring fast. Individually they are fine but since thats a rarity I'm removing them from my list. I'll stick to CDR, Pod F Tompkast and Doug Loves Movies. I just listened to my first DLM yesterday was pleasantly surprised. Wish I could see it live but it's on the wrong coast.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The Sklar Bros have such a great chemistry and rely on bits so much I can never tell when they're not doing bits anymore, which is actually pretty frequent. I guess that's a good thing?

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
This may have been mentioned before, but Kevin Pollak is on this week's NNF and apparently he has a show too, Kevin Pollak's Chat Show.

I've only heard the first two episodes and even though he's still fleshing things out at that point, it's REALLY funny. He has Levar Burton off the bat which is pretty awesome. Check it out. :)

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
Here's what I don't get: why does Kevin Pollak talk to the camera for like 10 loving minutes at the start of every one of his chat show episodes? Jesus.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
I assume he does it to make the Audience feel he is addressing them. He is all about the fans from what I've heard.

I must also state that I only have the audio because I listen to the majority of my podcasts at work. Obviously the video is a "no, no" here.

Edit: Please try to ignore the amount of times he uses the word "literally". He hasn't done it a lot on these first couple episodes but it was every other word on NNF this week. I find him incredibly funny, though, so the teeth grating annoyance is quickly off set by the amount of funny Pollak produces.

NecronSchmecron fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godspell
Jan 8, 2005
Welding is fun!
Looks like Kevin Smith finally updated Smodcast, which now has a bunch of different shows instead of just one. I just finished the first one with Jason Mewes and it was really good so check em out.
http://www.smodcast.com/

• Locked thread