Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Who cares about Mega Man and Ryu? I wanna power through Mega Man levels with Arthur! Two-hit deaths and all! Only the pro-est of platforming.

EDIT: Mega Man 7 Shade Man alternate music snipe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRKUVfDBD4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I want to play as Zangief in Megaman Universe. I will piledrive everything. Lariat through the boss projectiles. Be the protector of Russia's skies.

I will pay $5 for Zangief DLC Capcom. Just Zangief.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I liked how they used The Megas songs in the video. Hopefully those make it into the final product.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

quakster posted:

I liked how they used The Megas songs in the video. Hopefully those make it into the final product.

Only if they don't use their lyrics, because they're godawful at writing them.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That's crazy, what are you getting at?

I mean, how could you not appreciate the brilliance that is "The countless slain scream out in searing pain - Their souls and their ashes are all that remain!" or the see the pure emotion that must have gone into the creation of "I dance around with style and finesse - Better watch out for these blades or you’ll end up headless."?

And if you're hating on this:

"I made you in my image
I built your heart
I gave you eyes
I gave you power
A sense of justice beyond any compare
I gave you hands, a child's face
I gave you hair
ROBOTIC HAIR
But the burning in your heart I did not put there."

You can just get out. :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Screaming Idiot posted:

It only works if Brentalfloss is doing it with them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmpnsyI-ynU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Screaming Idiot posted:

You are a terrible person. :colbert:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Captain Invictus posted:

It only works if Brentalfloss is doing it with them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmpnsyI-ynU

Hell yeah. But while they sound semi-serious and far, far too into it, Brentalfloss is tearing it up.

The Protomen kick the ever-loving poo poo out of the Megas, though, and I feel like they're wasting their talent on retelling the Megaman story.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mercury Crusader posted:

I wanna power through Mega Man levels with Arthur! Two-hit deaths and all! Only the pro-est of platforming.

Oh Arthur... I'm so glad you came to help me...
But not even you can defeat that fiend Dr. Wily without the "Bubble Lead".

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Yes, we need more " buuut the Protomen have better lyrics and are more serious and are so much beeeetteeer" in this thread.

Both are quite enjoyable, the Megas in cheesy cartoon style fashion and the Protomen if you want to imagine a grim-dark advanced story for the games.
Don't derail this thread with more stupid fanboy whining.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Screaming Idiot posted:

...they're wasting their talent on retelling the Megaman story.
They're just making poo poo up. Good poo poo, though.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Schwarzwald posted:

Even if Megaman Online ends up sucking horribly, we will at least be able to look back and say, "yes, it had a pretty rad trailer."

me talking about terminator salvation

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Apparently they're changing the name of the franchise in Japan. Rock Man is dead, long live Mega Man!

:megaman::megaman::megaman::megaman::megaman:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

quakster posted:

And if you're hating on this:

"I made you in my image
I built your heart
I gave you eyes
I gave you power
A sense of justice beyond any compare
I gave you hands, a child's face
I gave you hair
ROBOTIC HAIR
But the burning in your heart I did not put there."

You can just get out. :colbert:

Those sound like a lost verse of "Mr. Roboto".
Go ahead and sing it to that, it totally fits.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

xK1 posted:

Apparently they're changing the name of the franchise in Japan. Rock Man is dead, long live Mega Man!

Much like Castlevania, Megaman is a just plain better name. GO USA :911:
I don't get why Megaman and Rockman are different characters though. Is there supposed to be a difference?

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

xK1 posted:

I see Heatman and Bombman! :dance:

Edit: Wait I'm wrong, apparently that's Bubbleman and not Bombman. http://www.themmnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/mmuchara2.jpg

Blaine the Train fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Sep 3, 2010

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

raditts posted:

I don't get why Megaman and Rockman are different characters though. Is there supposed to be a difference?

Judging from this, "Megaman" is a new character for the game, Rockman is the traditional 8-bit one.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Schwarzwald posted:

Oh Arthur... I'm so glad you came to help me...
But not even you can defeat that fiend Dr. Wily without the "Bubble Lead".

God, the "end" of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts was one of the most soul crushing moments of my childhood. After years of playing it I finally get to the end only to have that oval office send me back through the whole loving game a second time to actually beat it.

xK1 posted:

Judging from this, "Megaman" is a new character for the game, Rockman is the traditional 8-bit one.

Why does goofy cover Megaman have a "U.S." in front of his name?

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
^^^^^
Google translate says they're calling him US Mega Man. I wonder what 2ch looks like right now!

raditts posted:

Rock Man is classic anime child Mega Man, whereas Mega Man has an American (and angry!) style. It's entirely a joke character, like bad boxart Mega Man.

egg tats fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Sep 3, 2010

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Jibo posted:

Why does goofy cover Megaman have a "U.S." in front of his name?

Because the goofy cover guy wasn't on the Japanese box:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

xK1 posted:

Because the goofy cover guy wasn't on the Japanese box:

Ha ha, I never knew that. Why the hell didn't they just lift the art from the Japanese box?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's "too anime". Clearly it must be the creation of an untrained mind.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

Jibo posted:

Ha ha, I never knew that. Why the hell didn't they just lift the art from the Japanese box?

Because back in those days video game covers were supposed to be all cool and shiny looking, and that style of anime just didn't suit that idea.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

skipThings posted:

Yes, we need more " buuut the Protomen have better lyrics and are more serious and are so much beeeetteeer" in this thread.

Both are quite enjoyable, the Megas in cheesy cartoon style fashion and the Protomen if you want to imagine a grim-dark advanced story for the games.
Don't derail this thread with more stupid fanboy whining.

I didn't even know who these two bands were until these past few posts(aside from the Brentalfloss thing). Don't assume everyone is a fanboy just because they offer an opinion on something.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Captain Invictus posted:

I didn't even know who these two bands were until these past few posts(aside from the Brentalfloss thing). Don't assume everyone is a fanboy just because they offer an opinion on something.

I didn't mean to flame you specially, I just wanted to say that it should stop immediately after screaming idiot or some even before him started this retarded argument

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

xK1 posted:

This reminds be so much of that comparison image of the Japanese and Western Kirby box art. Also, US Megaman looks bitchin', I'm glad Capcom finds his design as amusing as I do.

quakster posted:

It's "too anime". Clearly it must be the creation of an untrained mind.

Yay! I sold E-Tank for 120 bolts.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
So it looks like they released trailers for US Box Art Megaman, Rockman, and Megaman. They have the same opening that we've already seen with some unique footage for each.

Luckly gametrailer.com spliced all three together.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-10-mega-man/704010

God drat does US Box Art Megaman look weird during game play.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

raditts posted:

Those sound like a lost verse of "Mr. Roboto".
Go ahead and sing it to that, it totally fits.

I feel like I should do this.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Thanks to me stumbling on this thread, I have not been able to stop listening to that Kurogane THIRD Rockman X metal remix album for two days straight now.

I really hope the artist produces a whole album of these because they loving rock. It's weird that Spark Mandrill and Storm Eagle's (so :911:) stage song wasn't included on Kurogane's website though and everything else is. I would also love to hear him do Blaze Heatnix's stage song because the song is already so metal I don't know how he can make it even more metal.

I'm also in the camp for Megaman X. They must have done something right to grab so many people's attention when the first game came out on SNES. I can only imagine it's because X fit more of the stereotypical, American-preferred "angry" look and came out around the time when Power Rangers was getting popular and he had that whole upgrade/transform thing going on. No offense to the original Megaman because original Megaman leans more toward being a platformer and X more like a beat-em-up (short range shoot-em-up?) and I prefer the latter.

Also ironic that the tamer Megaman had all the musical themed names of "Rockman" and X had more rock music in its world full of mathematical themed names.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I've adjust the teaser image a bit.

I recognize Bombman, Flashman, Quickman, Cutman, Heatman, and Arthur; and there are also several characters I can't make out.

I'm guessing all the robot masters from Mega Man 1 and 2 are there.
Ultimately, this doesn't matter, because everyone will use Box Art Mega Man.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
I'm pretty sure that the character between Megaman and Rockman on the right in the back is Bubbleman based on the feet, they look like his flippers. The rest of his visible body layout also matches the Bubbleman design.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
How much you wanna bet the characters that people actually want like Protoman, X and Zero will be DLC?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Gammatron 64 posted:

How much you wanna bet the characters that people actually want like Protoman, X and Zero will be DLC?

I hope so, gently caress those guys. US Boxart Megaman is the best.

Shame we can't have Awkward Asian Guy Megaman:

Click here for the full 638x263 image.

Or Slavering Rapist Megaman:

Or Girl Megaman from the Krion Conquest:

Shavnir
Apr 5, 2005

A MAN'S DREAM CAN NEVER DIE

Screaming Idiot posted:

Shame we can't have Awkward Asian Guy Megaman:

Click here for the full 638x263 image.

The funniest thing about the movie is how Dr. Light is sunburned to hell in half of the scenes.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shavnir posted:

The funniest thing about the movie is how Dr. Light is sunburned to hell in half of the scenes.

And Dr. Wily's Amazing Technicolor Mustache, where every scene has his lip-hair in a different color. Sometimes it's got a little streak of gray! Sometimes it's black! Sometimes it's red! Sometimes it's mismatched!

How can you not love this guy? My friends and I watched it from beginning to end and this guy was both the worst and best part of the movie, beaten only by the part where Chunky Samoan Protoman punches Rave-Goer Elecman's head clean off.

EDIT: Also, Dr. Wily's acne. And the gap between his teeth you could fly a robot dog jet through. Hell, I think it'd be easier to make a list of things that aren't funny about Movie Wily. He's like some kind of fantabulous trainwreck.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Schwarzwald posted:

I've adjust the teaser image a bit.

I recognize Bombman, Flashman, Quickman, Cutman, Heatman, and Arthur; and there are also several characters I can't make out.

I'm guessing all the robot masters from Mega Man 1 and 2 are there.
Ultimately, this doesn't matter, because everyone will use Box Art Mega Man.

It's actually Bubbleman in the front, not Bombman. Someone uploaded a better contrast version of the image here:

http://www.themmnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/MMU_Main.jpg

Shavnir
Apr 5, 2005

A MAN'S DREAM CAN NEVER DIE

Screaming Idiot posted:

"We can use this screen to track the Robot Masters"

(Its the MM1 Boss Select Screen)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shavnir posted:

"We can use this screen to track the Robot Masters"

(Its the MM1 Boss Select Screen)

"Each Robot Master is weak to another Robot Master's weapons. It's like rock, paper, scissors!"

Megaman then proceeds to not use Master weapons on any Robot Master. Also, his arm cannon is apparently a modified Pringles can.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Screaming Idiot posted:

Or Girl Megaman from the Krion Conquest:

This scene from Krion Conquest is very similar to this scene from Mega Man 3

I guess they're similar... if you don't have eyes and can't see :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Screaming Idiot posted:

Or Slavering Rapist Megaman:

Actually, I have a feeling that the Mega Man character might have taken some cues from that cartoon. Just compare his design to Rockman.

On a seperate note, having Mega Man and Rockman be two seperate characters is going to make things real confusing real fast.