Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
If you can grasp the sentiment behind the FakeCosby email I think you can grasp the North Korean mindset as well. There are obviously superficial similarities but I think the underlying theme of a people too pure for the world is central to both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

the posted:

Hooray

I don't think these are actual headlines at all.

It will be Texicornia.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

quote:

America will allow NO imports, and we'll do no exports. We will use the 'Wal-Mart 's policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.' We'll make it here and sell it here!

But if the U.S. blocked imports, Wal-Mart wouldn't exist...

MOLLUSC
Nov 30, 2005

Banning all imports/exports is one of the only circumstances where companies would actually "go Galt" and relocate.

Stoic Madman
Dec 4, 2004
This title space left unintentionally blank

MOLLUSC posted:

Banning all imports/exports is one of the only circumstances where companies would actually "go Galt" and relocate.

Not only that, but like the coffee example shows, where are the companies that do stay going to get all the resources they need to manufacture their goods? There are plenty of raw materials that can't be found, or found in the needed quantities in the US, like oil, for one. Enjoy that total economic collapse kids!

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
:roboluv:

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

WW III Started 31 Years Ago - In 1979

Ugh, an extended analogy about America "being asleep" and how it needs to "wake up". It's like he was going for a world record for triteness.
America is targeted by terrorists from various Middle East countries? It's World War III! Who cares if everybody else is enjoying lasting peace?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

MOLLUSC posted:

Yeah, all the silk top hat wearing corporate supermen who have been funding the whole Fox/Rush/Beck infrastructure would suddenly pat their rube email forwarding buddies on the shoulder and say "hey it was fun chilling at the Tea Parties with you, you can catch me at my new high rise penthouse in Dubai".

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Another from my stepdad:

quote:

Wall Street Journal Sizes up Obama - They've Got Him Figured Out

A short article from the Wall Street Journal that needs to be read by every level headed American!!!

A "deadly" article regarding Obama, at the Wall Street Journal, which today is the most widely circulated newspaper in America ..

Article from the Wall Street Journal - by Eddie Sessions:

"I have this theory about Barack Obama. I think he's led a kind of make-believe life in which money was provided and doors were opened because at some point early on somebody or some group took a look at this tall, good looking, half-white, half-black, young man with an exotic African/Muslim name and concluded he could be guided toward a life in politics where his facile speaking skills could even put him in the White House.

In a very real way, he has been a young man in a very big hurry. Who else do you know has written two memoirs before the age of 45? "Dreams of My Father" was published in 1995 when he was only 34 years old. The "Audacity of Hope" followed in 2006. If, indeed, he did write them himself. There are some who think that his mentor and friend, Bill Ayers, a man who calls himself a "communist with a small 'c'" was the real author.

His political skills consisted of rarely voting on anything that might be deemed controversial. He went from a legislator in the Illinois legislature to the Senator from that state because he had the good fortune of having Mayor Daley's formidable political machine at his disposal.

He was in the U.S. Senate so briefly that his bid for the presidency was either an act of astonishing self-confidence or part of some greater game plan that had been determined before he first stepped foot in the Capital. How, many must wonder, was he selected to be a 2004 keynote speaker at the Democrat convention that nominated John Kerry when virtually no one had ever even heard of him before?

He outmaneuvered Hillary Clinton in primaries. He took Iowa by storm. A charming young man, an anomaly in the state with a very small black population, he oozed "cool" in a place where agriculture was the antithesis of cool. He dazzled the locals. And he had an army of volunteers drawn to a charisma that hid any real substance.

And then he had the great good fortune of having the Republicans select one of the most inept candidates for the presidency since Bob Dole. And then John McCain did something crazy. He picked Sarah Palin, an unknown female governor from the very distant state of Alaska . It was a ticket that was reminiscent of 1984's Walter Mondale and Geraldine Ferraro and they went down to defeat.

The mainstream political media fell in love with him. It was a schoolgirl crush with febrile commentators like Chris Mathews swooning then and now over the man. The venom directed against McCain and, in particular, Palin, was extraordinary.

Now, nearly a full 2 years into his first term, all of those gilded years leading up to the White House have left him unprepared to be President. Left to his own instincts, he has a talent for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. It swiftly became a joke that he could not deliver even the briefest of statements without the ever-present Tele-Prompters.

Far worse, however, is his capacity to want to "wish away" some terrible realities, not the least of which is the Islamist intention to destroy America and enslave the West. Any student of history knows how swiftly Islam initially spread. It knocked on the doors of Europe, having gained a foothold in Spain .

The great crowds that greeted him at home or on his campaign "world tour" were no substitute for having even the slightest grasp of history and the reality of a world filled with really bad people with really bad intentions.

Oddly and perhaps even inevitably, his political experience, a cakewalk, has positioned him to destroy the Democrat Party's hold on power in Congress because in the end it was never about the Party. It was always about his communist ideology, learned at an early age from family, mentors, college professors, and extreme leftist friends and colleagues.

Obama is a man who could deliver a snap judgment about a Boston police officer who arrested an "obstreperous" Harvard professor-friend, but would warn Americans against "jumping to conclusions" about a mass murderer at Fort Hood who shouted "Allahu Akbar." The absurdity of that was lost on no one. He has since compounded this by calling the Christmas bomber "an isolated extremist" only to have to admit a day or two later that he was part of an al Qaeda plot.

He is a man who could strive to close down our detention facility at Guantanamo even though those released were known to have returned to the battlefield against America . He could even instruct his Attorney General to afford the perpetrator of 9/11 a civil trial when no one else would ever even consider such an obscenity. And he is a man who could wait three days before having anything to say about the perpetrator of yet another terrorist attack on Americans and then have to elaborate on his remarks the following day because his first statement was so lame.

The pattern repeats itself. He either blames any problem on the Bush administration or he naively seeks to wish away the truth.

Knock, knock. Anyone home? Anyone there? Barack Obama exists only as the sock puppet of his handlers, of the people who have maneuvered and manufactured this pathetic individual's life.

When anyone else would quickly and easily produce a birth certificate, this man has spent over a million dollars to deny access to his.. Most other documents, the paper trail we all leave in our wake, have been sequestered from review. He has lived a make-believe life whose true facts remain hidden.

We laugh at the ventriloquist's dummy, but what do you do when the dummy is President of the United States of America ?"

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Bill Ayers wrote both of Obama's books? That's a new one.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Rupert Murdoch owns the WSJ by the way.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
A libertarian friend of mine linked to this today:
http://iwantyourmoney.net/

I tried having a back and forth discussion with him about some things that never turns out well. He's one of these flat tax types who isn't officially a Paul-tard but always was a deficit hawk and has sort of turned Republican as deficit hawks take over their party.

If nothing else though, he didn't dispute my comment that Reagan actually raised taxes for some people and vastly expanded the size of government, making him a poor saint of fiscal responsibility.

When I mentioned that Carter had taxes zeroed for the lowest brackets, he later spun off into his complaining about how "50% of people aren't paying any taxes at all" and my trying to explain that it's never "everyone making $20K or less pays no taxes," but always "your first $20K is tax free," so listening to his $200K (just my guess) rear end complain about having 10% of his income untaxed is insane.

This guy is a big investor type and I'm trying to explain to him that his fiscal press is lying to him, and not taxing a certain amount of income benefits him, too. But the fact that he was benefitting from it was irrelevant to the fact that people with much less income were "getting away" without any contribution whatsoever.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 3, 2010

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009
My mother recently discovered the joys of chain emails so has been sending me motivational pictures, jokes about fat people and huge .mpeg attachments. They are mostly harmless, but I was a little annoyed when she sent me this "immigrant poem":

quote:

Illegal Immigrant's Poem

I cross ocean, poor and broke,
Take bus, see employment folk.

Nice man treat me good in there,
Say I need to see welfare.

Welfare say, 'You come no more,
We send cash right to your door'

Welfare cheques, they make you wealthy,
Medicare it keep you healthy!

By and by, I got plenty money,
Thanks to you, Australian Dummy.

Write to friends in motherland,
Tell them 'come fast as you can.'

They come in turbans and Ford trucks,
I buy big house with welfare bucks

They come here, we live together,
More welfare checks, it gets better!

Fourteen families, they moving in,
But neighbour's patience wearing thin.

Finally, white bloke moves away,
Now I buy his house, and then I say,
'Find more aliens for house to rent.'
And in the yard I put a tent.

Send for family they just trash,
But they, too, draw the welfare cash!

Everything is very good,
And soon we own the neighbourhood.

We have hobby? it's called breeding,
Welfare pay for baby feeding.

Kids need dentist? Wife need pills?
We get free! We got no bills!
Australian crazy! He pay all year,
To keep welfare running here.

We think Australia 'darn good place!
Too darn good for the white man race.
If they no like us, they can scram,
Got lots of room in Pakistan .

SEND THIS TO EVERY AUSTRALIAN TAXPAYER YOU KNOW

In between the verses it had clipart and animated gifs showing happy white families, people in offices and camels. :confused:

I thought it was especially weird, since isn't the stereotype that immigrants work harder than 'natives' and steal 'our' jobs by working for lower pay? ... and my mother is a welfare recipient and has been for years, living off government money and child support. She is the very definition of a welfare queen, and she has the nerve to criticise anyone else for doing the same?

I sent her a link to this in return since I really couldn't think of anything intelligent to say to combat the hilariously offensive racism. The next time I saw her she still stuck to her guns and spouted poo poo about boat people taking over OUR country and Muslims getting into parliament.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

They work really hard and take everyone's job, at which point they go home and are lazy welfare cheats. (racism is hard)

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It's that by working hard for really low wages, you don't make enough money to support yourself and thus need people who will only work for above a basic living wage to support you via the social safety net.

That means you get to enjoy those poo poo wages as a luxury instead of trying and failing to find someone who will give you means of living with them. How dare people who work for almost nothing have anything left over after their basic needs are covered.

EDIT: While that comic is true, it ignores that out-of-work Mexicans have had the highest impact on the lowest economic strata of society. I don't know any 15 year old kids who mow lawns after it became popular to hire immigrant labour to do it for you, but I have yet to see any CEO be replaced with an illegal Mexican because the Board found it cheaper.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 3, 2010

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

I have yet to see any CEO be replaced with an illegal Mexican because the Board found it cheaper.
That would be awesome, though.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Out of morbid curiosity what's the stereotypical illegal that australians fear?

Azmet Jah
Jul 16, 2008

I love Paul Keating

RagnarokAngel posted:

It changes year by year - at the moment probably Afghan or some other bearded ethnic group. East and South-East Asians are always a perennial faviourite though.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mordiceius posted:

Another from my stepdad:

quote:

A "deadly" article regarding Obama, at the Wall Street Journal, which today is the most widely circulated newspaper in America ..

quote:

The mainstream political media fell in love with him. It was a schoolgirl crush with febrile commentators like Chris Mathews swooning then and now over the man. The venom directed against McCain and, in particular, Palin, was extraordinary.

So, here's my question, what kind of disconnect do you have to have in your brain, when you proudly talk about how Fox News or Wall Street Journal are seen by more people than any other source, and then call other sources "the mainstream media"?

This would be like Marvel calling Top Cow "The Mainstream Comic Scene".

RivensBitch
Jul 25, 2002

quote:

Love This Comeback !!!!!

One of my sons serves in the military. He is still stateside, here in California . He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him and his troops everywhere he goes, telling me how people shake their hands and to thank them for being willing to serve and fight for not only our own freedoms, but so that others may have them also.

But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at yesterday on his way home from the base. He said that ahead of several people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha.

He said when she got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the U.S. flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her smock. The cashier reached up and touched the pin, and said proudly, 'Yes, I always wear it and probably always will.'

The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward. Putting his arm around my son's shoulders and nodding towards my son, he said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman:

'Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn't need to be there today.. But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country that you are obviously here in MY country to avoid. Everyone within hearing distance cheered!

IF YOU AGREE____ Pass this on to all your proud American friends.

I just did.....HELL YEAH

This is fiction right? A Muslim woman in a burka accosts a grocery cashier for wearing an american flag lapel pin? What kind of a person could read this and instead of laughing out loud at it's ludicrous premise, instead thinks "yeah I need to forward that to all my email friends!"

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Mordiceius posted:

Another from my stepdad:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/makebelieve.asp

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
First of all, I don't think burkhas are all that common in Iraq. And those that do aren't the ones who will come to the US. I'd believe a headscarf, but not a burkha.

And no one would cheer, I imagine most people would be quietly embarrassed and uncomfortable about the whole thing.

Besides, no one ever comes up with that kind've thing on the spot, it's always after the fact.

So yeah, the story is bullshit.

Vilerat
May 11, 2002

quote:

A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality. Absolutely No Profiling! Pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test.

These events are actual events from history.. They really happened! Do you remember?

HERE'S THE TEST

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by:

a.. Superman

b. Jay Leno

c. Harry Potter

d. A Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by :

a. Olga Corbett

b. Sitting Bull

c. Arnold Schwarzenegger

d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:

a. Lost Norwegians

b. Elvis

c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

d . Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger

b. The King of Sweden

c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

a. A pizza delivery boy

b. Pee Wee Herman

c.. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:

a. The Smurfs

b. Davey Jones

c. The Little Mermaid

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:

a. Captain Kidd

b. Charles Lindberg

c. Mother Teresa

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

a. Scooby Doo

b. The Tooth Fairy

c. The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:

a. Richard Simmons

b. Grandma Moses

c. Michael Jordan

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

a. Mr. Rogers

b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems

c. The World Wrestling Federation

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.

Thousands of people were killed by:

a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd

b. The Supreme Court of Florida

c. Mr Bean

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

a. Enron

b. The Lutheran Church

c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:

a. Bonnie and Clyde

b. Captain Kangaroo

c. Billy Graham

No, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people.. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

Let's send this to as many people as we can.

Foot note: Fort Hood Texas ......another Muslim 39 years old killed 13 people and wounded 30 some odd others... Does this fit the profile!

NOW OUR COMMANDER-IN- CHIEF IS TELLING EVERYONE THAT THE YOUNG MUSLIM THAT ATTEMPTED TO BLOW UP A NORTHWEST/DELTA JET AS IT APPROACHED DETROIT ON CHRISTMAS DAY WAS (QUOTE) "AN ISOLATED INCIDENT". YOU HAVE GOT TO BE (edited out) ME OR WHAT!!!

Yeah ok lost me at question 1. Sirhan Sirhan was a Christian.

Lord Hawking
Aug 8, 2002

SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!!!
Ahh, but you're forgetting he has a Middle Eastern-sounding name (just like that Barack Obama guy), so he's clearly a Muslim.

My favorite part of all these anti-profiling emails is that they're convinced that not only will all the old ladies, ex-Marines and everyone else be randomly searched, but security will actively avoid searching anyone who might fit the terrorist profile.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

RivensBitch posted:

This is fiction right? A Muslim woman in a burka accosts a grocery cashier for wearing an american flag lapel pin? What kind of a person could read this and instead of laughing out loud at it's ludicrous premise, instead thinks "yeah I need to forward that to all my email friends!"

There's nothing I hate more than the roving gangs of burka wearing Muslim women in my neighborhood, abusing us patriotic flag lapel pin wearers and making us peek out of our windows, afraid to go outside.

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.

Blarghalt posted:

Bill Ayers wrote both of Obama's books? That's a new one.

Unfortunately, it's not. It goes all the way back to the campaign.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Most serial killers in the United States are:

a. The Smurfs

b. Davey Jones

c. The Little Mermaid

d. White males mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

MOLLUSC
Nov 30, 2005

RagnarokAngel posted:

"boat people"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Burrito posted:

a. The Smurfs

b. Davey Jones

c. The Little Mermaid

Not fair liberal media bias.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Burrito posted:

a. The Smurfs

b. Davey Jones

c. The Little Mermaid

Most child molestors in the United States are:

a. Gay

b. Your mother

c. Muslim extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

d. White, middle class, straight, married with children, Christian men.

This is fun!

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Vilerat posted:

Yeah ok lost me at question 1. Sirhan Sirhan was a Christian.
Several of those incidents were not perpetuated by Muslims. Sirhan was born and raised Christian. The 1972 Olympic Massacre was carried out by Black September, a decidedly secular Palestinian militant group. The Achille Lauro was hijacked by the Palestine Liberation Front, which the ADL describes as "Formerly Communist, but primarily secular and nationalist since the fall of the Soviet Union." And of course, just because a Muslim person does something naughty doesn't mean they did it for religious reasons.

Most of the offenders didn't wear "Muslim" clothing or poo poo like that anyway, and it's not as if Muslims hold big signs designating their faith. If you were going to try to profile Muslims, you'd just have to settle with detaining lots of brown skinned people for no reason.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Whatev posted:

If you were going to try to profile Muslims, you'd just have to settle with detaining lots of brown skinned people for no reason.

And your problem with that is?
- upper middle class white conservative

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

quote:

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women
d . Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts

Is it wrong that I am absurdly amused by the idea of lost Norwegians occupying US embassies and the King of Sweden kidnapping Americans? It really undermines the whole point they're trying to make.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

ApathyGifted posted:

Most child molestors in the United States are:

a. Gay

b. Your mother

d. White, middle class, straight, married with children, Christian men.

This is fun!
I'm kind of skeptical that you can fit in all of those and still hang on to a majority.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Strudel Man posted:

I'm kind of skeptical that you can fit in all of those and still hang on to a majority.

Oh yeah, I'm exaggerating, but they're definitely overrepresented.

I would not be surprised if the majority of reported cases fit that mold, but I'm a little frightened of typing "child molestor demographics" into google.

...but I tried it anyway - couldn't really get any verifiable concrete numbers. Mostly just crazy conservatives going "look, the blacks are actually the ones who are overrepresented!" and then pointing to prisoner statistics.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Basically your joke would have worked if you didn't overexplain your point v:shobon:v

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

RagnarokAngel posted:

Basically your joke would have worked if you didn't overexplain your point v:shobon:v

It was still fun!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The Holocaust was perpetrated by:

a. The gays.

b. Klingons

d. White males mostly between the ages of 17 to 40.

:godwin:

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

Sometimes I just don't understand how people can think these things. The sheer level of hypocrisy.. :psyduck:

quote:

Jana Sparkman Fees posted on Facebook:
Excuse me Mr. Obama but we ARE A CHRISTIAN NATION and as such we cherish freedom of religion. However, to anyone who doesn't want to live in a CHRISTIAN NATION with all of the liberties it provides...by all means please find another who will tolerate you and don't let the door hit you in the....as you leave.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Miss Fats posted:

Sometimes I just don't understand how people can think these things. The sheer level of hypocrisy.. :psyduck:

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to tell us about how you removed him as a friend and/or post your reply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

Well I'll be closing that facebook account come election day. :ninja: