Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Z3n posted:

Headlight swap would only take you like, 2-3 years max.

gently caress YOU! I swapped out the busted rear end gear shift mount on my 250 the same day as the part arrived, 4 days after it fell off. Those 4 days where just waiting for the USPS to deliver it.

:ftbrg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

frozenphil posted:

gently caress YOU! I swapped out the busted rear end gear shift mount on my 250 the same day as the part arrived, 4 days after it fell off. Those 4 days where just waiting for the USPS to deliver it.

:ftbrg:

Seriously though, you may find they grow on you after awhile. I hated the dual headlights for years and years...I think 3-4 years in I finally started to like them.

Although I've always wanted to swap a set of projectors on to a triumph just for shits and giggles, I think the over and under setup would look awesome. You should buy one and try it! Prove me wrong! :buddy:

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
New highlights video from the final event of our season in Indianapolis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT6JyoDwdiE

I don't mean to keep crapping up this thread, but I can't seem to find the stunting thread I started and I'm really interested in hearing thoughts from the people here as you guys represent a crucial demographic of motorcyclists that I'd love to have interested in watching these videos.

Thanks!

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

frozenphil posted:

I really like what Triumph has done with their street bikes like the Triples, but I just can't get over the hideous headlight treatment them seem to have adopted as their "thing".

Triumph, I want to buy your bikes, I really do. Please stop with the horrible headlights. I know they're different than everyone else, but that's because everyone else can see how ugly they are.
Replace them with S1000RR headlights.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

inolen posted:

New highlights video from the final event of our season in Indianapolis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT6JyoDwdiE

I don't mean to keep crapping up this thread, but I can't seem to find the stunting thread I started and I'm really interested in hearing thoughts from the people here as you guys represent a crucial demographic of motorcyclists that I'd love to have interested in watching these videos.

Thanks!

Sony Music Entertainment cant allow people in my country to see your video due to copyright issues, sorry.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Make a short edit of just the F800 stunting and post it on advrider.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

Make a short edit of just the F800 stunting and post it on advrider.

I may do just that. Him riding that thing was absolutely hilarious :lol:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Marv Hushman posted:

I see your Suzuki and raise you one Rokon Trailbreaker...

OCC Meteorite Bike ... why?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

wormil posted:

Is there a :stare: with wider eyes?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Is there a :stare: with wider eyes?

(2 minutes in MS paint?)

\/\/\/\/\/ Well that makes much more sense.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 4, 2010

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

MetaJew posted:

(2 minutes in MS paint?)

I mean eyes open wider, not farther apart.
Implying that :stare: is not quite sufficient for that creation.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

If I had gif skills I would like to make its jaw fall off, then the eyes grow massive and pop.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

wormil posted:

Thats awesome, because its probably at least somewhat off-roadable, plus it has a sidecar

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Making-of of the allstate ghost bike commercial, with an extended version at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smClCNWwub8

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Slim Pickens posted:

Making-of of the allstate ghost bike commercial, with an extended version at the end.

I don't know why but those commercials really trip me out for some reason.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp
Just got back from a 2.5 hour morning ride with a friend.

Click here for the full 1080x807 image.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

Reason number 1 that I will never choose Allstate for insurance. gently caress them for destroying bikes for no reason.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

schreibs posted:

Reason number 1 that I will never choose Allstate for insurance. gently caress them for destroying bikes for no reason.

It's a piece of metal, who gives a poo poo?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Can anyone tell me what the black bike is crashing into the concrete pillar in the tunnel? Its a black naked standard, maybe a Honda 919?

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

It's nice to see that some gay guys can throw off the shackles of convention by riding sport bikes instead of leather-man cruisers.

Also, skin graft city.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Heavy Petting posted:

It's nice to see that some gay guys can throw off the shackles of convention by riding sport bikes instead of leather-man cruisers.

Also, skin graft city.

I've seen heterosexual guys do something equally stupid. (not gay).

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I was at the Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix as a volunteer track builder, which of course netted me tickets for the race weekend.

I took a bunch of pictures, which are in this thread.

Here are the bike-related pics, all-Italian hotness:

They had to drag me away from that Ducati Demon 2V. Sooooo sexy!

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

KozmoNaut posted:

*sigh* :(

2ndclasscitizen fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 5, 2010

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

2ndclasscitizen posted:

*sigh* :(

I know...

The original pic is 3664x2748, I've put it on Megaupload in case you wanted it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OZRZG6OJ

It should be up in a few minutes.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

inolen posted:

Ohhh, please oh please oh please!!! Link to thread here, cuz drat if that's not going to cause a riot. :cheers:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

New Dark Dog Recon Vid from the moto journal boys, with english subs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuJGKTtWtnw

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Slim Pickens posted:

:smith:

I hope the other riders don't get shafted by the italian legal system, like when Senna died.

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006

The Elite Men class hitting the pro-section at dusk.

One of the better shots from the Grands race in Louisville, KY this weekend. I have a massive amount of pictures to go threw but if I have enough others that came out this well I might make a thread.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

Triumph is slowly leaking stuff about their new 800.

100 hp, 65 ft.lbs., 185 kg. Will apparently be available in offroad version with 21" front tire. Also love how the tank and seat lines are flatter than the banana shaped Tiger 1050. This will be a bloody good bike.

gently caress. Me.

It's like a Vstrom but pretty.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

Phy posted:

gently caress. Me.

It's like a Vstrom but pretty.

It's like a V-Strom, F800GS and a Versys had a 3 way and this offspring managed to get the better parts of all of them.

Still wanting Yamaha to bring the Super Tenere stateside
EDIT: OH poo poo IT IS COMING OHGODOHGODOHGOD

Click here for the full 1635x1226 image.

Also: (old but cool)

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Sep 7, 2010

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
New world 1km wheelie speed record:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQgAK6-_8ek&feature=player_embedded

181mph. Balls. Of. Steel.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Livin up to the stereotype by doing it on a Gixxer.

That bike appears to have a turbo as well, so double ballsy.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

SeamusMcPhisticuffs posted:

EDIT: OH poo poo IT IS COMING OHGODOHGODOHGOD

Click here for the full 1635x1226 image.

Holy crap, that thing's got enough room for two turntables and microphone...

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

2ndclasscitizen posted:

New world 1km wheelie speed record:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQgAK6-_8ek&feature=player_embedded

181mph. Balls. Of. Steel.

Hey, i know that guy, he lives round here

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

Marv Hushman posted:

Holy crap, that thing's got enough room for two turntables and microphone...

It's where it's at.

But seriously, it's direct competition to BMW's R1200GS Adventure. Shaft-drive and all. So yeah, it's a Japanese Farm Implement.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

inolen posted:

I'd like to see a big, big hunka burning F800GS Stunting love footage. That looks awesome.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Jabs posted:

I'd like to see a big, big hunka burning F800GS Stunting love footage. That looks awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qHKrqbey1U

Love watching his throttle hand while he's got it at the balance point about halfway through.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Phat_Albert posted:

I know we dont talk 3-wheelers much here, but this is pretty sweet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K9zsiJMK68

They really poo poo on Honda, considering its their own marketing material.

I used to have a 1985 Honda 125M when I was a kid. I'm not sure how I'm still alive to type this. I wrecked that thing many times but god drat was it fun.

Content: Police dash cam footage of one of the offensive lineman on the Iowa football team getting hit by a truck while riding his moped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOuvW8rMoGo

Edit: He somehow escaped with just scrapes and bruises. I guess it's good that he's a large man.

Scrapez fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 7, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

schreibs posted:

I imagine an insurance company with a global reach could dig up scores (if not hundreds) of pre-destroyed (read: non-rebuildable salvage) bikes that *look* nice.