Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
I remember playing a pixelated 2D flash game. It was sort of an adventure game where you were trying to kill some dragons and every step on the world map led to another area that you had to pass, these areas were filled with monsters and it played a bit like any 2d platformer except you had certain abilities.

The one defining feature was that you could play as anything you killed. You started with like six classes but as you killed more and more you could play as a ton of diferent things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Foul Fowl posted:

I remember playing a pixelated 2D flash game. It was sort of an adventure game where you were trying to kill some dragons and every step on the world map led to another area that you had to pass, these areas were filled with monsters and it played a bit like any 2d platformer except you had certain abilities.

The one defining feature was that you could play as anything you killed. You started with like six classes but as you killed more and more you could play as a ton of diferent things.

I assume it's Great Dungeon in the Sky. I found it by searching for "poo poo blob", since I remembered that being one of the playable characters.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

wb posted:

I assume it's Great Dungeon in the Sky. I found it by searching for "poo poo blob", since I remembered that being one of the playable characters.

Yeah that's it! Thanks. :)

Invis
Apr 26, 2010
I remember playing this game around ~1995 on pc. It was a 2d futuristic car (vehicle?) game where the aim was to blow up the others. You had access to a homing missile, shockwave attack, machine gun and a nuke I think. I can only remember one level, it was pretty dark. You could play multiplayer which was extremely awesome.

Anyone remember the name? I think it was Deathzone or something similar.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Invis posted:

I remember playing this game around ~1995 on pc. It was a 2d futuristic car (vehicle?) game where the aim was to blow up the others. You had access to a homing missile, shockwave attack, machine gun and a nuke I think. I can only remember one level, it was pretty dark. You could play multiplayer which was extremely awesome.

For the genre and the rough date, that sounds like it could be Megarace. Though the weapons and the name don't quite fit so maybe not.

Death Rally was the other game that sounded similar, though again, the weapons aren't right.

Am I close?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Invis posted:

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/deathdrome/

You were on tron-cycle like vehicles shooting the poo poo out of each other.

Invis
Apr 26, 2010

VodeAndreas posted:

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/deathdrome/

You were on tron-cycle like vehicles shooting the poo poo out of each other.

Hell yes! Thanks, that's it. Brings back a lot of memories.

Adeptus Mechanicus
Oct 9, 2007
Alright, this game may or may not be a dream.

It is either snes or genesis. You are in a big robot, and you can flip gravity. So you are walking on the ceiling. I remember the backgrounds being kind of trippy.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Adeptus Mechanicus posted:

Alright, this game may or may not be a dream.

It is either snes or genesis. You are in a big robot, and you can flip gravity. So you are walking on the ceiling. I remember the backgrounds being kind of trippy.

NES, and it's called Metal Storm. Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Storm_(video_game)

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
When spore came out, there was a somethingawful approved creature and stuff pack that was floating around, and all I can remember about it was that it had charles darwin. Does anyone remember the name of this pack, or where I can find it?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I was thinking of a game today that a first I thought was Introversions upcoming title Frozen Synapse, but apparently that's not it. It has similar graphics, basic and vectory, and similar concepts, but there was less combat and more about figuring out how to infiltrate a location and get by the security systems to steal something or to hack into a PC. I think you play an unseen person monitoring your crew via video-cameras, and you give them orders depending on what you can see from the various cameras vantage points. You had various tools as well you could make them use, like heartbeat sensors and wall scanners that can detect security systems within the walls.

Anyone have a clue what this is? It may not even be out yet, but I know it's a very recent or upcoming game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Anyone have a clue what this is? It may not even be out yet, but I know it's a very recent or upcoming game.

It's Subversion, and it isn't out yet. It's by the people who did Darwinia and Uplink.

e; VVV Frozen Synapse is from Mode 7 Games, who are brand new.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 3, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ansob. posted:

It's Subversion, and it isn't out yet. It's by the people who did Darwinia and Uplink.

Yep, that's it! But now I'm totally confused. So this game is by Introversion; for some reason I thought Frozen Synapse was from them....

Dear god, I'm turning into my parents. "What was that game you wanted for your birthday son? Bioshank.... or was it Krang & Lips: Dog Dies?"

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but hopefully someone here remembers this certain game.

It is very much like Liero and Soldat . It was 2D, had destructible terrain, tons of different and unique weapons; all sorts of bombs/launchers, guns, and I think some tools like grappling hooks, drills, etc. It was multiplayer, you could choose between some different player models, and it had different weapon-set mods (I specifically remember one that had confetti bombs and firework guns).

If anyone can think of any game like this, please let me know. There were actually two of these types of games that I used to play a few years back and they were a blast, but I can't remember the name of any of them except Liero.

The other game I'm trying to find was very similar to the first, except it had some ridiculous amount of weapons, like 100 or so, that included dirt-bombs that exploded into piles of dirt, a radio that made it rain toxic waste (with liquid physics), and some more stuff I can't remember.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

One of them is most likely a Worms game, as hard as I find it that someone would forget Worms. It's turn based (as in, each person takes turns moving their worm(s) around).

None of the Worms games had the exact weapons you describe, but they're known for their absolutely insane weaponry. Launch sheep that explode, throw bananas that explode, unleash cows that explode... well you get the pattern. It also had drills, grappling hooks, various grenades and guns, and was multiplayer, so maybe you're mixing multiple games together in your mind.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

One of them is most likely a Worms game, as hard as I find it that someone would forget Worms. It's turn based (as in, each person takes turns moving their worm(s) around).

None of the Worms games had the exact weapons you describe, but they're known for their absolutely insane weaponry. Launch sheep that explode, throw bananas that explode, unleash cows that explode... well you get the pattern. It also had drills, grappling hooks, various grenades and guns, and was multiplayer, so maybe you're mixing multiple games together in your mind.

Sorry, I totally forgot to mention this, but it was DEFINITELY not worms. I actually remembered these games because I just bought Worms Reloaded on steam. The two games I'm thinking of are realtime, and the closest game to them both is probably Liero.

Thanks anyway, though :)

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Slappy Moose posted:

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but hopefully someone here remembers this certain game.

It is very much like Liero and Soldat . It was 2D, had destructible terrain, tons of different and unique weapons; all sorts of bombs/launchers, guns, and I think some tools like grappling hooks, drills, etc. It was multiplayer, you could choose between some different player models, and it had different weapon-set mods (I specifically remember one that had confetti bombs and firework guns).

If anyone can think of any game like this, please let me know. There were actually two of these types of games that I used to play a few years back and they were a blast, but I can't remember the name of any of them except Liero.

The other game I'm trying to find was very similar to the first, except it had some ridiculous amount of weapons, like 100 or so, that included dirt-bombs that exploded into piles of dirt, a radio that made it rain toxic waste (with liquid physics), and some more stuff I can't remember.

Scorched Earth had dirt bombs.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Neither of them would happen to be Cortex Command, would it?

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

MMAgCh posted:

Neither of them would happen to be Cortex Command, would it?

No, sorry. Though Cortex Command is pretty drat cool. Neither of them are Worms, Soldat, Liero, or Cortex Command. Those are all the other similar games I can think of that are not the ones I'm looking for.

ponzicar posted:

Scorched Earth had dirt bombs.

Nope. You could move around and played as soldiers and stuff, it wasn't an artillery game.

I'm really trying my best to describe this game, but unfortunately there are quite a few similar games. Sorry if I am being too vague, and I really appreciate you all trying to help.

I think they were pretty blocky/pixely, no 3D or anything. I remember that in one you could choose between a bunch of different looking soldiers, which only changed aesthetics.

I first found both of these games on the same site, I think it was Download.com or something. There were like 4 games that I found, and 2 of them were the two I'm looking for, one was Liero, and one was something almost identical to Liero (it had three classes and a bunch of weapons, but you had to dig and move like Liero).

Oh my god I am so dumb the game I was looking for was Liero Xtreme, sorry for being so dumb you guys

There's still another almost identical game with poison gas grenades and poo poo but I barely remember anything about it besides some of the weapons you could use, like explosive barrels and gas grenades and stuff.

Slappy Moose fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 5, 2010

Eurasian jay
May 25, 2007
There are a couple of games from different times I remember playing that I've been unable to find. Apologies if they've already been posted:

The first is a game I remember I played with a friend at his house back in the late eighties on his dad's computer (I remember it as an Apple, but it might have been something else). It's isometric, monochrome (I think), and you begin in a courtyard (?) and can move to different rooms in a castle. You fight guards and can (if memory serves) pick up their heads in your inventory among else.

The next game is some sort of pirate/naval simulator that I played at another friend's house at around the same time (it's not Pirates, but seemed more strategical, also might be mono). Suggestions appreciated.

The third game is a later, rented snes game. Some sort of action rpg where I remember an early level where you are drawn inside a painting. A later level is based around a huge tree if memory serves right. This would be (I think) early nineties.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Eurasian jay posted:

The third game is a later, rented snes game. Some sort of action rpg where I remember an early level where you are drawn inside a painting. A later level is based around a huge tree if memory serves right. This would be (I think) early nineties.
This one's gotta be Soul Blazer

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Eurasian jay posted:

The next game is some sort of pirate/naval simulator that I played at another friend's house at around the same time (it's not Pirates, but seemed more strategical, also might be mono). Suggestions appreciated.

On what system? Can you describe the graphics or some distinguishing features?

Eurasian jay
May 25, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

This one's gotta be Soul Blazer

That's the one!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
So I've come across some bootleg GBA "hundred games in one!!" deal, and it's crammed with all kinds of different NES games.

One of them is a game that predominately features a rabbit and you play the piano. It has a two player mode where two people can play on the piano thing together, or a vs CPU mode where you pick a background music theme and that plays while the CPU just jams out notes as it plays.

Anyone know what this is?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
This is a really well-known classic arcade game, but I'm drawing a blank on both the title and developer. Spaceship game, vector graphics, you're trying to shoot this enemy core that is surrounded by sveral layers of rotating circular barriers that you must break through. On the actual arcade machine, the screen has overlays so that each barrier is a different color.

Edit: Nevermind, it just came to me. Star Castle.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Sep 5, 2010

Eurasian jay
May 25, 2007

Slappy Moose posted:

On what system? Can you describe the graphics or some distinguishing features?

It might have been on som kind of old apple/mac system. I seem to remember that it was black and white, and a map with a top down view. The name might be a synonym to pirates (like "buccaneers" or something) but I didn't know English at the time, so I had a hard time grasping the name of the game.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Emalde posted:

So I've come across some bootleg GBA "hundred games in one!!" deal, and it's crammed with all kinds of different NES games.

One of them is a game that predominately features a rabbit and you play the piano. It has a two player mode where two people can play on the piano thing together, or a vs CPU mode where you pick a background music theme and that plays while the CPU just jams out notes as it plays.

Anyone know what this is?

Ikinari Musician?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Mr_Person posted:

Ikinari Musician?

Holy crap that's the one! Thanks.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I'm looking for the name of a Game Boy platformer where you played as a little boy (I think he had a gun, but I might be misremembering it) in space who could upgrade into a robot space suit. Losing the upgrade changed the music to an irritating tune. The character sprites were very small. I can't remember a lot more...

Prof. Fantastic
Aug 24, 2007

Everybody needs a little Scooter Duck in their lives...
When I was younger, I had some sort of disc with a bunch of shareware on it. I remember it had Redneck Rampage, and I think Duke3d too. Anyway, there was one FPS where you played as a generic looking "Gray" alien, running around a city while a bunch of Men In Black agents tried to kill you. For all I know I could have that mixed up, but I think I remember an alien head at the bottom of your screen, kind of like in Doom.

I have no info about the disc, other than it was a CD, and had a bunch of various poo poo on there.

I tried skimming through the thread, and didn't find anything so if this was already solved, I apologize.

Computer Jones
Jun 22, 2005

The Entity posted:

It has to be 'Sapiens' http://www.mobygames.com/game/sapiens

Also, I'm looking for a BBC Micro educational game. It used a pressure sensitive pad peripheral, where you could insert different picture cards. (like the Intellivision, but bigger). The cards were the size of an A4 sheet of paper, maybe a little bit smaller, and I think one of the cards may have had pictures of different fruits on it.

Thanks for posting this... I'm almost certain that I played this game at some point as a kid :)

I can't get it to work on Windows 7, though :(

Squirtle
Oct 14, 2008

Here comes the Squirtle Squad!
I'm looking for a game, a crappy pokemon rip-off thing. I don't know if anyone will have heard of it. You play a small boy or girl and you wander around in a forest maze thing? There was a creature looked like a cloud. I think it was something -pets?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I played this great little game last year, it was an indy game. It was free and lasted about 20-30 minutes iirc. The game set's itself up to be a fun little game where you play as an assassin, collecting money and new gadgets but it's all thrown out the window in the second level. The first level involved pretending you're a waiter and planting a space bug in some guys drink. I remember it having a unique art style, possibly made out of cubes. I think it was made on one of the Quake engines and I remember people being amazed at the pretty bloom effects they'd put in to such an old engine.

I basically remember the entire game except for the name.

You're a legend, thanks!
vvv

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Sep 8, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Law posted:

I played this great little game last year, it was an indy game. It was free and lasted about 20-30 minutes iirc. The game set's itself up to be a fun little game where you play as an assassin, collecting money and new gadgets but it's all thrown out the window in the second level. The first level involved pretending you're a waiter and planting a space bug in some guys drink. I remember it having a unique art style, possibly made out of cubes. I think it was made on one of the Quake engines and I remember people being amazed at the pretty bloom effects they'd put in to such an old engine.

I basically remember the entire game except for the name.
Gravity Bone

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

Spermando posted:

I'm looking for the name of a Game Boy platformer where you played as a little boy (I think he had a gun, but I might be misremembering it) in space who could upgrade into a robot space suit. Losing the upgrade changed the music to an irritating tune. The character sprites were very small. I can't remember a lot more...

I'm thinking this one is the Adventures of Star Saver.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Squirtle posted:

I'm looking for a game, a crappy pokemon rip-off thing. I don't know if anyone will have heard of it. You play a small boy or girl and you wander around in a forest maze thing? There was a creature looked like a cloud. I think it was something -pets?

Are you talking about Neopets? What platform was this on?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Squirtle posted:

Jade Coccoon?

Squirtle
Oct 14, 2008

Here comes the Squirtle Squad!
Edit: ^not that either, the view was more top-down and the maze a lot more simple.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Are you talking about Neopets? What platform was this on?

No, it was on computer but not online. There was a lot more pokemon-style gameplay than you get in neopets.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
It wouldn't be, this then...would it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Panic Restaurant posted:

I'm thinking this one is the Adventures of Star Saver.
That's the one. Thanks!