Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

BklynBruzer posted:

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Victoria/

TEXAS, TEXAS, WHISKEY! :cheers:

Thank you so much, I couldn't find it and was worried it hadn't been archived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey I'm ba~ck~

After a while of posting pictures, you forget which ones you've posted, though. I'll see if I can find something appropriate to boot camp over the weekend.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Spirit Armor: M*A*S*H* ran for a bit over 10 years. The war it portrayed was only three years long. Will Ogami ever have an "It was a baby" moment?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I thought M*A*S*H was about Vietnam, a war that ran on for 7(?) years.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Slaan posted:

I thought M*A*S*H was about Vietnam, a war that ran on for 7(?) years.

It may have been about Vietnam, but it was set during the Korean War.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

What I get for hating TV being born after most classic shows run.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Thuryl posted:

It may have been about Vietnam, but it was set during the Korean War.

Best lampshaded in the final episode, where as the 4077th works on its last batch of soldiers there's a news report about tensions in Vietnam, and someone comments "Vietnam? Where the hell's that?"

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Dammit guys, I thought there was an update.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

veekie posted:

Dammit guys, I thought there was an update.

Don't you mean this?

omegaultima
Mar 18, 2009

I suppose I could say I called it, but hey, not like seeing it coming makes this LP any less hilarious.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What did you call?

PantsTheReaper
Aug 17, 2010
I would just like to say that this thread alone makes the ten dollars worth it.

Dragas
Apr 21, 2010

something something polish lithuania commonwealth will rise from the ashes
Oh Soul Armour, where art thou gone?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Am sure he'll be back soon, he likes to take breaks beween updates it seems.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Need more images? :v:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
You bastards, I thought this was an update!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I figure this image can get at least another use before it's run into the ground.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
So I just received the recently translated Sakura Wars from Gamefly, and I just saw who was in charge.

I may as well write off my sanity and eternal soul now, shouldn't I?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
You kinda lost me there.

Edit: Oh, in charge WITHIN the game.

JamMasterJim fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 8, 2010

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Kammat posted:

So I just received the recently translated Sakura Wars from Gamefly, and I just saw who was in charge.

I may as well write off my sanity and eternal soul now, shouldn't I?

Actually he doesn't show up again after that.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

wdarkk posted:

Actually he doesn't show up again after that.

Awww. Still good to see he made it.

Meanwhile the actual commander? Hoo boy.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Kammat posted:

Awww. Still good to see he made it.

Meanwhile the actual commander? Hoo boy.

Oh come on. Shin-ey is the best commander imaginable.

kethryveris
Aug 18, 2006

Wait! I wasn't yelling at you.
I was yelling at the duck.

Artix74 posted:

Oh come on. Shin-ey is the best commander imaginable.

They're talking about Ogami, I think. He's commander of the Tokyo branch by the time it gets to the fifth game.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

kethryveris posted:

They're talking about Ogami, I think. He's commander of the Tokyo branch by the time it gets to the fifth game.

I'm aware. Unless I read something incredibly wrong, he said it's good that Ogami made it in, but the real commander (Shinjiro) is just as special.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Sorry. Lemme straighten things out.

Just got Sakura Wars: So Long my Love, the official translated version of Sakura Wars V, last night. Thought it was great seeing our poor sap in this LP, Ogami, finally in charge.

Carrying on the fine tradition of fresh faced cadet thrown headlong into unimaginable horror, not to mention combat with evil robots, is Shinjiro Taiga, Ogami's nephew, who after briefly meeting Ogami and Sakura in the opening gets shipped off to New York.

I'm still getting started, but it's been almost as hilarious as the LP so far.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kammat posted:

I'm still getting started, but it's been almost as hilarious as the LP so far.

I'm looking forward to when SA gets to V, sometime in the next decade. I think it might be almost funnier then this one.

At the very least, he wouldn't have to change as much. The game hates Taiga more then it hated Ogami in 1.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Hellioning posted:

I'm looking forward to when SA gets to V, sometime in the next decade. I think it might be almost funnier then this one.

At the very least, he wouldn't have to change as much. The game hates Taiga more then it hated Ogami in 1.

I didn't really like his cast of female companions as well, except for Ratchet. Sagitta was pretty cool but she was no Kohran. Mexican girl was less terrifying than Iris but I'm not sure that's necessarily better.

Dragas
Apr 21, 2010

something something polish lithuania commonwealth will rise from the ashes
Man, I need my fill of Sakura Wars about now. :( I suppose we'll just have to be patient.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

wdarkk posted:

I didn't really like his cast of female companions as well, except for Ratchet. Sagitta was pretty cool but she was no Kohran. Mexican girl was less terrifying than Iris but I'm not sure that's necessarily better.
I'd really like Subaru if I knew for certain she was actually female, she seemed to have the best chemistry with Shinjiro for some reason...

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

My... god... I've finally reached the end. I've been reading this thread for the past 3 weeks I think. I cannot thank SA and the rest of you silly goons for providing some of the best entertainment I've ever seen here.

That said, SW:SLML was an exceptional game. I genuinely enjoyed it from beginning to end. I laughed, I cried, I went :iamafag:, :argh:, :3:, :gonk:, :neckbeard:, :blush:. Truly one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time. And the English dub didn't bother me one bit. Maybe it's cause I don't do the manga/anime/desune thing very often, but when I do, I really get into it.

Edit: So regarding Kohran's accent, are there places in the US where people say "yall" when speaking to just one person? I'm from Virginia and grew up knowing it was contraction for "you all".

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 20, 2010

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ofecks posted:

Edit: So regarding Kohran's accent, are there places in the US where people say "yall" when speaking to just one person? I'm from Virginia and grew up knowing it was contraction for "you all".

I'm from Arkansas and I've seen it go both ways. It's one of those "words" without a clear meaning.

Inneedofspellcheck
May 1, 2009
I've had so long my love for a couple of mouths... i just maned up to playing it and found out a horrible fact.. My ps2 is dead.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ofecks posted:

My... god... I've finally reached the end. I've been reading this thread for the past 3 weeks I think. I cannot thank SA and the rest of you silly goons for providing some of the best entertainment I've ever seen here.

That said, SW:SLML was an exceptional game. I genuinely enjoyed it from beginning to end. I laughed, I cried, I went :iamafag:, :argh:, :3:, :gonk:, :neckbeard:, :blush:. Truly one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time. And the English dub didn't bother me one bit. Maybe it's cause I don't do the manga/anime/desune thing very often, but when I do, I really get into it.

Yeah, y'all don't hear that up in neo-Yankee-ville? Why, sir, down here in the South, with REAL Americans, we say 'all y'all' when addressin' a group. Bless yer heart!

The_Great_Danish
Mar 26, 2010

U.T. Raptor posted:

I'd really like Subaru if I knew for certain she was actually female, she seemed to have the best chemistry with Shinjiro for some reason...

It is because Shiny is equally as comfortable in a dress as he is in a ticket taker outfit. They are obviously kindred spirits, regardless of Subaru's gender.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
...really, Spirit Armor? REALLY?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Believe! He will be back eventually! He's the awesome person who inspired and motivated people with his LP. Surely he's still taking his summer vacation. ;)

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
He does have this odd tendency to eventually come back with an update, and when we're so close to the end game, you have to believe he'll be back as necessary to wrap up.

PantsTheReaper
Aug 17, 2010
So do we start the summoning ritual?

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

PantsTheReaper posted:

So do we start the summoning ritual?

Kali Ma! Kali Ma!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008