Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Harrison Ford could step in to play Han Solo deep in the EU and not miss a beat.

I would kill so many things to see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Directorman posted:

I would kill so many things to see this.

Someone could edit Indy 4 to be this. I mean, it worked for Natalie Portman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UadaNbYCO1s

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Ford has a specially trained Bouncer that silences anyone who mentions Star Wars in his presence.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Just seen a retcon that's been introduced, sorry if this is being repeated.

It turns out that this ship from Episode IV...

Click here for the full 1124x416 image.

...and this ship from Episode III

Click here for the full 1200x470 image.

...are no longer the same ship. The reason for this being that the guys in charge found it difficult to reconcile the cosmetic differences between the two (despite the in-universe explanation being entirely plausible).

So, the ship you see in Episode III is no longer the Tantive IV because it looks too different. it is instead now this:

Click here for the full 1280x928 image.

Sundered Heart

:psyduck:

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..

Captain Splendid posted:

I don't understand the logic of this at all. Granted its a stupid thing to retcon at all but do they really think that SW fans are too stupid to figure out its the same ship even though it has different colours?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I wonder how many production artists for the prequals actually rewatched the goddamn movies while making the sets and CGI.

Or even watched them at all. Jesus.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Captain Splendid posted:

...are no longer the same ship. The reason for this being that the guys in charge found it difficult to reconcile the cosmetic differences between the two (despite the in-universe explanation being entirely plausible).

So, the ship you see in Episode III is no longer the Tantive IV because it looks too different. it is instead now this:

Sundered Heart

Star Wars is terrible.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Captain Splendid posted:

I'm surprised they didn't add vents and Type-R stickers all over the loving thing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oh Jesus Christ

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Willrow_Hood

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh Jesus Christ

They made a loving action figure of that guy. http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBD53ICMG.asp

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
I don't think ICMG is something to get mad over. Its a Joke to everyone I think. I think getting mad about the serious Background entries on Wookieepedia is more worth your time.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Captain Splendid posted:

Sundered Heart

This is stupid. Really, really stupid. What ever happened to poetry?

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood

Ringo Star Get posted:

This is stupid. Really, really stupid. What ever happened to poetry?

No, see... its new name is even better poetry in his mind. Special edition poetry, if you will. They divvy up the Skywalker children on that ship, and what did their mother die of? That's right! A Sundered Heart! I can almost hear Lucas's self-congratulatory "Get it? GET IT?!" to the audience. :sigh:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

deathsuxdontdie posted:

I hate the mandalorian poo poo as well. I'm not sure why people stuck to Boba like leeches. When did that start? In the original trilogy he was a lovely bounty hunter who only caught Han because Vader gave him to Boba. Then he got killed in a really embarrassing way in Jedi.

I'm not sure how badass you can be if you're accidentally knocked into the mouth of an immobile creature.

Man gently caress you guys, Boba Fett was the poo poo until Traviss got to mandalorians. Read the story about him in Tales of the Empire where he fucks up a whole stormtrooper base single handedly. I'll give you that in the actual OT all he did was look cool and die stupidly, but in pre Traviss EU he was the man. The secret was that he did all the awesome stuff he did because he was personally a bad rear end, not because he was Mando.

If there wasn't a PT there wouldn't be clones, and if there weren't clones there wouldn't have been Traviss and if there was no Traviss Boba Fett would still be cool. Goddamnit George...

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh Jesus Christ

So you're saying the Death Star plans were disguised as an ice cream maker? How ingenious!

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

I've been watching all of the movies on Spike TV over the past few days and wondering, do you think they will ever make more movies (the supposed 7, 8, and 9 or EU) With the way Hollywood is it sure seems likely to me. Any Star Wars movie is an instant 300 million. I wouldn't expect it until Lucas dies though.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Tetrix posted:

I've been watching all of the movies on Spike TV over the past few days and wondering, do you think they will ever make more movies (the supposed 7, 8, and 9 or EU) With the way Hollywood is it sure seems likely to me. Any Star Wars movie is an instant 300 million. I wouldn't expect it until Lucas dies though.

Of course they will. Zero doubt that whoever eventually gets the rights will do this. If not his kids then THEIR offspring.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

And we will all go see it no matter how much we know it will suck.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
^^ Oh please no. Spare me that one torture!

Epi Lepi posted:

Man gently caress you guys, Boba Fett was the poo poo until Traviss got to mandalorians. Read the story about him in Tales of the Empire where he fucks up a whole stormtrooper base single handedly. I'll give you that in the actual OT all he did was look cool and die stupidly, but in pre Traviss EU he was the man. The secret was that he did all the awesome stuff he did because he was personally a bad rear end, not because he was Mando.

If there wasn't a PT there wouldn't be clones, and if there weren't clones there wouldn't have been Traviss and if there was no Traviss Boba Fett would still be cool. Goddamnit George...
How are you with Bobba being turned into a wining little cry-baby by the Clone Wars CG series? This episode actually made me mourn the character assassination, and I'm a Fett hater. That's a wiki link, I'll let you track down a video on your own.

In the course of searching the Wiki (wookie?) for that, I stumbled across this little gem...

quote:

Hayden Christensen also expressed interest in reprising his role as Anakin Skywalker, but was not asked to return.
Cracked me up. Even Lucas has finally noticed that he's a cardboard hack.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

Bene Elim posted:

Cracked me up. Even Lucas has finally noticed that he's a cardboard hack.
Or he realized he could just do it with computers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I will still onto the hope that no more movies will be released, at least ones that contradict the EU, like grim death.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
About the harrison ford playing old han solo posts, as far as the covers for the fate of the jedi books go, he's the only one who actually looks his age.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fate_of_the_Jedi near the bottom shows covers for 7 of the 9 books.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
R2-D2 died at the end of ANH, which is why he never mentioned to Luke that Leia was his sister.

R2 got loving blasted and replaced by another generic astromech, because no one could tell the difference anyway.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

TheLoquid posted:

R2-D2 died at the end of ANH, which is why he never mentioned to Luke that Leia was his sister.

R2 got loving blasted and replaced by another generic astromech, because no one could tell the difference anyway.

Threepio would have noticed. :colbert:

Also, some weird guy on the bus unironically tried to tell me that C3PO and R2D2 are the main characters of THE SAGA (There are no trilogies, only THE SAGA) because they are the only ones who appear in 6. I politely nodded and said, "I never thought of it liked that" and then got off the bus two stops early to end the conversation faster.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Locutus Of Bored posted:

Threepio would have noticed. :colbert:

Also, some weird guy on the bus unironically tried to tell me that C3PO and R2D2 are the main characters of THE SAGA (There are no trilogies, only THE SAGA) because they are the only ones who appear in 6. I politely nodded and said, "I never thought of it liked that" and then got off the bus two stops early to end the conversation faster.

uhhh Anakin Skywalker?

Anyway, in the early drafts of THE STAR WARS that were based more closely on Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress, they would have been the main characters.

I was just thinking and I can't think of a single thing that would have to be changed if Threepio was written out of the PT entirely.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Kingtheninja posted:

Plo koon was in a video game and had a sweet bronze colored lightsaber, that poo poo is memorable. :colbert:

Jedi Power Battles owned bones. When I was thirteen.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Bene Elim posted:

of the ZOMG! Bobba Fett is the greaterest! crowd.

TRAVISS!:argh:

I love Boba Fett and the whole Mandalorian mythos, prior to Travis and Lucas loving it all up post AOTC.

Fett was more of a bad rear end prior to the prequels anyways. At least then there was still a sense of mystery to him and there weren't billions of copies walking around as well.

Let's just hope that maybe, just maybe, they say most of Travis's work is no longer cannon, cause that would be :coal:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

Jedi Power Battles owned bones. When I was thirteen.

Man, gently caress that game. I never, never got past the second level no matter who I played as. That game was crazy hard, and I hated it so much, but I just kept playing it and playing it, because I was a stubborn ten-year-old and it was Star Wars, goddammit.

Of course, whenever any of my friends brought it up, I scoffed and said I beat that game in, like, two hours, cuz I'm super good at Playstation, you guys.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Tetrix posted:

The only plot that would be worthy of being a movie would be the original Zaugh Heir to the Empire series. Anyone here think that they would translate well? This is assuming George Lucas does not rape them.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

The only plot that would be worthy of being a movie would be the original Zaugh Heir to the Empire series. Anyone here think that they would translate well? This is assuming George Lucas does not rape them.

Maybe I'm imagining it but I SWEAR that Lucas once commented that he considered the Dark Empire Trilogy (those comics) as his idea of Episodes 7-9.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe I'm imagining it but I SWEAR that Lucas once commented that he considered the Dark Empire Trilogy (those comics) as his idea of Episodes 7-9.

Well sure, Past-Lucas said that.

Now-Lucas would probably add in dancing gremlins and Clone Ackbars and a Sith named Darth Snorkel or something.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Rochallor posted:

I was just thinking and I can't think of a single thing that would have to be changed if Threepio was written out of the PT entirely.

Oops, you said PT. Nevermind! :shobon:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Ladies and Gentlegoons, the forest moon of Endor as seen in Star Wars Galaxies.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
That looks like Venom from Star Fox 64 on a good day.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Ladies and Gentlegoons, the forest moon of Endor as seen in Star Wars Galaxies.
Well the ecosystem was devastated after a small metal moon was detonated in orbit.

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

FateoMcSkippy posted:

And we will all go see it no matter how much we know it will suck.

I don't know, I decided that I would never watch the new Indiana Jones movie. It's been two years and I haven't been the least bit tempted.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Crowetron posted:

Man, gently caress that game. I never, never got past the second level no matter who I played as. That game was crazy hard, and I hated it so much, but I just kept playing it and playing it, because I was a stubborn ten-year-old and it was Star Wars, goddammit.

Of course, whenever any of my friends brought it up, I scoffed and said I beat that game in, like, two hours, cuz I'm super good at Playstation, you guys.

You didn't pick Plo Kloon or whoever the yellow guy was because he was an unstoppable brute. Also 2 player made it easier.

Ruckby
Aug 25, 2009

Knuc If U Buck posted:

You didn't pick Plo Kloon or whoever the yellow guy was because he was an unstoppable brute. Also 2 player made it easier.

Also a couple levels in Qui-Gon gets this rolling attack that makes just about every enemy trivial. I could beat the timed challenge bonus stage without breaking a sweat using that move alone. That game was the best one of my childhood.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

that awful man posted:

I don't know, I decided that I would never watch the new Indiana Jones movie. It's been two years and I haven't been the least bit tempted.
Good for you. I had absolutely no warning about what I saw. Lucas and Spielberg ran around for the intervening 19 years between Crusade and Crystal Skull talking about how they'd only make an new Indiana Jones movie if they could do it right and not leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth, and then they did it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Good for you. I had absolutely no warning about what I saw. Lucas and Spielberg ran around for the intervening 19 years between Crusade and Crystal Skull talking about how they'd only make an new Indiana Jones movie if they could do it right and not leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth, and then they did it anyway.

I can only imagine how much Harrison Ford must have been paid to be in that movie. I bet he HATED working with Lucas since Ford likes to have a lot of input on the movies he's in.