Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

HotPocketDropIt posted:

Its a T.I. track.

The lines
"picture me riding in a jet-black camaro
---------------------eyes on the -------
won't let me own a gun so I bought a bow and arrow"

are in it.

I heard it on shade45 and figured I would just remember the innoculous 3 word title and then I remembered that almost all of TIs songs are innoculous 3 word titles and sifting through like years of tracks isn't going to deliver. It might not even be out yet but does anyone have any idea about it? Google doesn't do me any good and the big TI track right now is from Takers and its not that track.

"I'm in a jet black Camaro with my eyes on the sparrow
They say I can't have no pistol so I bought a bow and arrow"

The song is called Ya Hear Me.

I just googled ""jet-black camaro" t.i.", by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouvlakiPlaystation
Jan 7, 2006

Ave Lucifer, baby
This might be a tough one, but could someone tell me the name of this song or the artist? I'll even settle for the specific type of music this is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJXrSLi9Dt8

SouvlakiPlaystation fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 8, 2010

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Abandoned Toaster posted:

While watching RLM's newest review of Star Trek one of the pieces he used for background music really stuck out to me, although I know from the thread in GBS people have asked about some of the music he's used in earlier reviews. (Which is why I wish he'd make a "music used" section or put it in the credits or something)

Anyway, the one I want to know is here: http://www.redlettermedia.com/star_trek_09.html

It's in Part Two right after section 7 starts just after 15:45 and keeps going for several minutes. I asked a couple friends but they were stumped and googling "cello rock" and variants just confuses me further.

I didn't listen to a lot of it but it vaguely reminded me of Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Or at the outside, Muse's Exogenesis symphony.

Gymbo Jones
Sep 16, 2007
You're a mess... Get it sorted
Anyone know what the song is in this video? It's about 3.17 minutes in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGXSAjojVQg

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Gymbo Jones posted:

Anyone know what the song is in this video? It's about 3.17 minutes in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGXSAjojVQg

Utah Saints - Something Good

EDIT - Ugh, didn't realise there was a re-release in 2008, which is loving AWFUL.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 9, 2010

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
A girl whose work station is near my desk plays an alternative station on her radio. Once in a while I will hear a slow, downbeat song with I think some piano in it. The only line I can make out distinctly is a male voice singing "One of these days..." It's not the Neil Young song...or at least it's not Neil Young singing it. I think it's a fairly recent song. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm pretty out of touch with what's played on the radio these days.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

I am actually looking for a band. I heard of the band a couple of years ago. I am thinking they were either from Australia or New Zealand. Very much a throw back style, sounding a bit like The Byrds/Traffic. It may have been a side project of someone from another band. I swore that either the song I heard, or the name of the band was Journeyman or Journeymen. I only remember finding a blog article about them, and it contained an mp3. Any ideas?

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

Any time you see Delekhan post, make this face and tell him how much he owns.
edit: figured it out :)

Bambi fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Sep 9, 2010

SouvlakiPlaystation
Jan 7, 2006

Ave Lucifer, baby

HaroldofTheRock posted:

A girl whose work station is near my desk plays an alternative station on her radio. Once in a while I will hear a slow, downbeat song with I think some piano in it. The only line I can make out distinctly is a male voice singing "One of these days..." It's not the Neil Young song...or at least it's not Neil Young singing it. I think it's a fairly recent song. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm pretty out of touch with what's played on the radio these days.

There's no piano, but could it be this Beck b-side? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2pADuE4t6c

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

SouvlakiPlaystation posted:

There's no piano, but could it be this Beck b-side? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2pADuE4t6c

Nope, that's not it but thanks for trying. I'd never heard that Beck song and I kind of like it! :)

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
It's an 80 news-wave or powerpop song. The chorus, as far as I can understand, starts off with "I don't want to hug you," and I think it includes a line that goes "so take your starry eyes and just leave" or "stormy eyes" or "leave me be." It's tough to get song lyrics in a supermarket.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
I'm looking for a song that im almost positive was posted in the recommendation thread but I can't find it anymore. It's a remix of an ambient song that had some vocals but they were really distorted and just sounded like vocalization. It wasn't much of a remix, they pretty much just added a beat. The youtube video was just a picture of a city. The uploader only had like 10 videos, all presumably of his own remixes, and didn't have very many views on them. its in my head oh god help :(

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Cemetry Gator posted:

It's an 80 news-wave or powerpop song. The chorus, as far as I can understand, starts off with "I don't want to hug you," and I think it includes a line that goes "so take your starry eyes and just leave" or "stormy eyes" or "leave me be." It's tough to get song lyrics in a supermarket.

"Starry Eyes" by The Records

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAH1ioLiaHw

Okposolypse
Jan 1, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Anyone remember some pop song that was aroun maybe summer 2008 I think. It was on rotation with MGMT's Electric Feel on MTVs morning wakeup video thing. It was a female artist and she gave some dude a poison green apple in it (it had animated computer graphics used or some poo poo)? I don't think she had any other "hits" (I don't even know if this charted).

Okposolypse fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 10, 2010

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
I'm looking for the name of a hip hop song, I thought it was by Eyedea and Abilities (I must be wrong though because I've searched their entire catalog, I think), which was sort of about hip hop in the suburbs... my guess at the songs title is something like "sticks and stones". The only lyrics I can remember are "girls of 15 looking like they're 22/ baby you don't tell on me and I won't tell on you." and at the end there's something about battling an MC at a party and the last line of the song is "then he pulled out a gun and shot me". I've put a large portion of time googling these weird phrases and have come up with nothing.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

YouDummy posted:

"Starry Eyes" by The Records

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAH1ioLiaHw

You, sir, are a man amongst gods for Zeus felt that the rest of regular mankind wasn't worth your time and that you'd be more comfortable amongst the gods. Thank you.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

So there is a song that I have been listening to a lot lately. I know I have the song, and the album it's on, and it's something I know pretty well, but I'm having the damnedest time figuring out what it is.

The only thing I can really tell you is that at the end there is a clip (sample from The 'Burbs) of Tom Hanks ranting about how "it's not them, it's us!" I didn't know what the sample was, but I just finished watching the movie, heard that, and was like "Oh, that's where that sample came from...but what the hell song used it?"

Anyone know?

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

Emmitt Nervend posted:

So there is a song that I have been listening to a lot lately. I know I have the song, and the album it's on, and it's something I know pretty well, but I'm having the damnedest time figuring out what it is.

The only thing I can really tell you is that at the end there is a clip (sample from The 'Burbs) of Tom Hanks ranting about how "it's not them, it's us!" I didn't know what the sample was, but I just finished watching the movie, heard that, and was like "Oh, that's where that sample came from...but what the hell song used it?"

Anyone know?

My google skills say it's Eluvium - As I Drift Of

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Green Eyed Loco-Man posted:

My google skills say it's Eluvium - As I Drift Of

That is totally it. What did you type to Google it? I've been doing different permutations all day to no avail.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!
http://soundcloud.com/lacerationmix/laceration-selekta-rise-320kbps

Does anyone know what the track is around 18 minutes that has Matisyahu samples in it?

I also heard a song at random on SoundCloud out of some weird error I think. I was playing a song on my dashboard and it was the only thing up. After that track finished I heard another song start playing that had samples from House of 1000 Corpses in it. It was definitely dubstep and I remember hearing Captain Spaulding from the movie saying "Do you like blood and violence" or something like that and it dropped. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Because I can't find it anywhere.

Crypticult
Jan 18, 2008
I'm desperately trying to find out who this song is by but I unfortunately only have a partial clip. It was the outro song for episode 33 of the podcast Uhh Yeah Dude and it is a blackish post metal piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dRZ0c_EpiE

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

Emmitt Nervend posted:

That is totally it. What did you type to Google it? I've been doing different permutations all day to no avail.

The Burbs "It's not them" song. Third result. I am a google master :cool:

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
OK this is a billion to one shot considering the extremely limitted knowledge of this song I have ( I cant even name any lyrics of the song properly, just that they sound like "We can make our own waaaaaay" followed by a second verse)

I caught part of it whilst walking down the street from a car stopped infront of a red light, then he was gone and the songs been stuck in my head ever since.

I think it was classic rock, it sounded slightly Kansas, or maybe Bryan Adams. Actually it might of been more like Journey. The chorus seemed to go something like "We can make our own waaaay" and then a second verse of similar length that also ends in the same elongated end.

I think its a pretty famous or classic song, as I'm sure i've heard it before, but it never really hit me like it did that time. I really can't place it and its driving me up the wall.

Dear lord I dont expect anyone to be able to help, but as I said its driving me up the wall and a billion to one shot is better than nothing.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

d3c0y2 posted:

OK this is a billion to one shot considering the extremely limitted knowledge of this song I have ( I cant even name any lyrics of the song properly, just that they sound like "We can make our own waaaaaay" followed by a second verse)

I caught part of it whilst walking down the street from a car stopped infront of a red light, then he was gone and the songs been stuck in my head ever since.

I think it was classic rock, it sounded slightly Kansas, or maybe Bryan Adams. Actually it might of been more like Journey. The chorus seemed to go something like "We can make our own waaaay" and then a second verse of similar length that also ends in the same elongated end.

I think its a pretty famous or classic song, as I'm sure i've heard it before, but it never really hit me like it did that time. I really can't place it and its driving me up the wall.

Dear lord I dont expect anyone to be able to help, but as I said its driving me up the wall and a billion to one shot is better than nothing.

Fleetwood Mac?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjjDgxbnTww

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010
Whats that indy-folk song in the above the influence commercial, the one where its that 16 y/o with his girlfriend?

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
Man, this is pretty difficult. Song popped into my head but I barely remember it. I think I heard it on the radio 1-3 years ago. Essentially it is a lot like Fergie's Glamorous, its slower and sounds relaxing. I believe there is just a girl singing in the song, at some points it is almost like she is talking since its very slow. I'm fairly positive the song was about love/relationship. I still remember a little tune from the song, there site that lets you make song/tune?

Sorry if it sounds really vague, its all I can remember.

There a site I can search for like smooth r&b songs by a female artist in the past 10 years?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Drevoak posted:

Man, this is pretty difficult. Song popped into my head but I barely remember it. I think I heard it on the radio 1-3 years ago. Essentially it is a lot like Fergie's Glamorous, its slower and sounds relaxing. I believe there is just a girl singing in the song, at some points it is almost like she is talking since its very slow. I'm fairly positive the song was about love/relationship. I still remember a little tune from the song, there site that lets you make song/tune?

Sorry if it sounds really vague, its all I can remember.

There a site I can search for like smooth r&b songs by a female artist in the past 10 years?

It's not Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie, is it?

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Boneitis posted:

Whats that indy-folk song in the above the influence commercial, the one where its that 16 y/o with his girlfriend?

If you mean this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7FOTlgL_0U

It's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4gQCPbZ2co

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

Fleetwood Mac?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjjDgxbnTww

What the gently caress, you found it. God drat I love you man.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I suppose this counts as music, so here goes.

Way back, in around 2004-5, I loved the hell out of YTMND, and most of it was dumb, random jokes, but there was one series, by a user I can't remember, where the image has just a certain color.

And the sound was apparently from an album with a guy describing that color, telling little stories about it, with a really smooth voice. There was jazz playing in the background. Blue, black , red, white, flesh, and about a dozen others. I remembered it recently and did a search on it, but nothing turned up.

Anyone have any idea what that is?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Help me please!

There's this metallica song (I think) that I heard on the radio, or well the first minute or so, that I cannot begin to remember even the lyrics of, so this should get interesting.

It starts with a very rhythmic bass and guitar, very strong and a slow tempo. The first word is either "hey" or "you", and it starts talking about a man who has had some sort of unfortunate event happen to him. He may of just gotten dumped, or is a war veteran or something. The lyrics sort of dance around this slowish beat, hitting on a lot of off notes. Hope this is enough info and thanks guys.

Edit: also, it's not One.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 12, 2010

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Adiabatic posted:

Help me please!

There's this metallica song (I think) that I heard on the radio, or well the first minute or so, that I cannot begin to remember even the lyrics of, so this should get interesting.

It starts with a very rhythmic bass and guitar, very strong and a slow tempo. The first word is either "hey" or "you", and it starts talking about a man who has had some sort of unfortunate event happen to him. He may of just gotten dumped, or is a war veteran or something. The lyrics sort of dance around this slowish beat, hitting on a lot of off notes. Hope this is enough info and thanks guys.

Edit: also, it's not One.

Sad But True

brand name canned soup
Aug 20, 2009

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
(clap clap clap clap)
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
(clap clap clap clap)
im a cum lord; a cum

brand name canned soup fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 17, 2011

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry to quote myself but I probably should have been more detailed.

Violent J Mascis posted:

I'm trying to think of a song with an animated video with people made of meat and I think there was a spaceship involved.

The animation was really flat looking and herky jerky and I think it was from the 80s or early 90s. I could be misremembering since I saw it many years ago and I knew it was old by the time I saw it. This could be one of those Hulk Hogan meat shoes type of things but I'm pretty sure a song with a video like I described exists.

SlumPrincess
Jan 1, 2006

Soon....soon I'm gonna make you a star

horn section posted:

Heard a 2010 song a couple of days ago on an NPR station (not sure if it was a local or national broadcast). It was aptly described with the keywords "Motown revival" or something, very dirty, raw sounding recording with a killer rhythm section. The song name is Explosion but I can't fuckin remember a single lyric aside from that nor the artist. Please help me, that poo poo was awesome.

If it was released this year, it could be Eli Reed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUt1GkH9hyg). If it's an older song I have no clue.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Just Offscreen posted:

I suppose this counts as music, so here goes.

Way back, in around 2004-5, I loved the hell out of YTMND, and most of it was dumb, random jokes, but there was one series, by a user I can't remember, where the image has just a certain color.

And the sound was apparently from an album with a guy describing that color, telling little stories about it, with a really smooth voice. There was jazz playing in the background. Blue, black , red, white, flesh, and about a dozen others. I remembered it recently and did a search on it, but nothing turned up.

Anyone have any idea what that is?

I'm not sure about the YTMND, but it sounds like your describing Ken Nordine's "Colors" album.

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

CaptainMcArrr posted:

Okay this is driving me insane, I heard a song the other day and I can't find it.

It was kinda folky (maybe), had a female singer, her voice was a bit raspy I think, and there might have been some whistling. It was a really catchy song, I think.

Help!

Could it be Alpha Beta Gaga by Air?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQRKpuOgY8c

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Violent J Mascis posted:

The animation was really flat looking and herky jerky and I think it was from the 80s or early 90s. I could be misremembering since I saw it many years ago and I knew it was old by the time I saw it. This could be one of those Hulk Hogan meat shoes type of things but I'm pretty sure a song with a video like I described exists.

Could you possibly be (mis)remembering Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer video?

Glass Joe fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 14, 2010

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Violent J Mascis posted:

Long shot, but possibly Everybody Wants Some from the movie Better Off Dead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz6Kcz62onA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Glass Joe posted:

Could you possibly be (mis)remembering Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer video?

It definitely wasn't Sledgehammer. I think it could have been stop-motion with collage and not actual meat. I could be wrong about that though.

Abugadu posted:

Long shot, but possibly Everybody Wants Some from the movie Better Off Dead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz6Kcz62onA

Not that either. I don't think the meat people even had faces and it was mostly raw meat.

I'm fairly certain that I first saw it on a vh1 countdown of the best animated music videos though. It could have been one of the mtvs but it was definitely part of a countdown.