Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
:woop: Went to TRU and found two open but pristine and two unopened boxes of Series 2. The price increase sucks though. $2.99?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

:woop: Went to TRU and found two open but pristine and two unopened boxes of Series 2. The price increase sucks though. $2.99?!

Be lucky, I can't even find one store in my area who stocks them.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I hit up Target for some more figs today. I got 13 this time.
But I got a bunch of repeats. Three vampires, three judo fighters, two Spartans and two ringmasters.
If anyone is for some reason unable to find those and wants to trade for a lifeguard or skier, I am down for that.

On the plus side I got a pharaoh and a pop singer.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Okay, I'm tired of fiddling and I'm ready to take pictures of this drat thing. However, I have a problem. See this?

Nice, crisp and clear, especially around the white areas. However, fast-forward to today and:

What the gently caress, where is all this glare coming from? I tried resetting it to factory settings, but it made no difference. It does this with any strong contrasting areas. Anybody have some advice for me, or is my camera just borked? (its a Sony DSC-H3 if that helps)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

InfinEight posted:

What the gently caress, where is all this glare coming from? I tried resetting it to factory settings, but it made no difference. It does this with any strong contrasting areas. Anybody have some advice for me, or is my camera just borked? (its a Sony DSC-H3 if that helps)

Looks like the lens is dirty or something.

Also I dug out all my Star Wars Lego and got a couple of extra sets and some pieces to replace my missing TIE cockpit:

Not sure which set to get next, though.. is the X-Wing on Lego.com any good?

I also found that my Snowspeeder was missing its towhook so I took the liberty of upgrading it to be invincible to the Empire:

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Kazy posted:

Looks like the lens is dirty or something.

......gently caress, you're right. I'm usually so careful with it that I didn't even think of that. Many thanks from an idiot, haha.

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006

3 posted:

Hahahaha wow, I lose track of the thread for a couple of days and someone asks about something I made. Here's a closer picture so you can see some of the connections:

click for flickr

The click hinges ratchet naturally in 22.5 degree increments, so you can get a pretty good ring out of them. The big problem (as I discovered in the process) is finding a stable way to connect the structure to anything else, since the design is mostly incompatible with a huge array of connections. I ended up using the arrangement above, which isn't as precise as I'd like, but it theoretically works out.

thanks!

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Ha, went to another Toys'R'Us today because I was in the area and felt like checking it. No mini figs, but they had just gotten 2 sliver stormtroopers in the mail they had behind the counter. Decent surprise score.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I'm tellin y'all, if you're near a Target, hit loving target.
They're a buck cheaper than TRU, and if yours is like mine, they'll have an assload of them to paw through.
I bought loving 20.

Tolstoi
Apr 3, 2001

Flavor Bear posted:

I'm tellin y'all, if you're near a Target, hit loving target.
They're a buck cheaper than TRU, and if yours is like mine, they'll have an assload of them to paw through.
I bought loving 20.

You and me both. I ordered some random ones off of Lego.com earlier this week because I couldn't find any before, but I stopped in today and found all the ones I wanted fairly quick. I guess the rest are going in the Christmas box.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Tolstoi posted:

You and me both. I ordered some random ones off of Lego.com earlier this week because I couldn't find any before, but I stopped in today and found all the ones I wanted fairly quick. I guess the rest are going in the Christmas box.

Where the hell are they in Target. I checked the seasonal area, the Lego aisle and around where the yugiho crap is thinking they might put them with the card stuff. Nothing.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Evek posted:

Where the hell are they in Target. I checked the seasonal area, the Lego aisle and around where the yugiho crap is thinking they might put them with the card stuff. Nothing.

If the huge Halloween section is up, that's where they are. With the non-candy Halloween treats.

antiloquax
Feb 23, 2008

by Ozma
Your Targets are better than my Targets.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Only one of my targets had them in stock, but all of them had a box with the tag 1.99 minifig. I just look for that.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Mine didn't even have the tag. So frustrating.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

I caved in because of the buy one get one 1/2 off, and bought two of 3180 Tank Truck. At $30 for 444 pieces, it was a decent value, and I've kinda wanted a good gas truck for awhile. Anyway, quick review:

It's not bare-bones, in fact it has some nice touches, like tire chocks, an offset drivers seat, and solid construction. However, being the detail-obsessed guy I am, I noticed a few things. For starters, this:

The black hose has been reverted to it's old design, without the 4 nubs around the end. The yellow pipe end/faucet/whatever no longer has a hollow tip either! Finally, the mini-fig hat has a jaunty upward tilt, rather than a flat, 90 degree bill. Not drastic changes, but changes nevertheless! Finally, this piece is new to me:

It's one of the more interesting SNOT variants I've seen, and it makes me glad I got two sets so that I have two of these. I can't wait for that one instance where they save my rear end on a MOC.

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003

InfinEight posted:

Finally, this piece is new to me:

Is it a plate? A brick? A bracket? Who knows! What's the part number? I thought it would be under Plate, Modified on bricklink, but it's not, and Peeron doesn't have an inventory for the set.

\/ \/ dammit, I always miss things when they use a red piece for the thumbnails.

afflictionwisp fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 12, 2010

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

afflictionwisp posted:

Is it a plate? A brick? A bracket? Who knows! What's the part number? I thought it would be under Plate, Modified on bricklink, but it's not, and Peeron doesn't have an inventory for the set.

It is a Plate, Modified:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=87609

When in doubt, just find the entry for the set on Bricklink, and use its inventory.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.
For those looking for Mini Figs in Las Vegas, most of the targets don't have them out, but they will pull boxes for you. They said they are to have them setup on Monday.

8750 W Charleston Blvd has 58
278 SS Decatur Blvd has 120
4155 S Grand Canyon Drive has 113
4001 S Maryland Pkwy has 120
4100 Blue Diamond Rd has 11
3210 N Tenaya Way has 4
2189 W Craig Rd has 114
9725 S Eastern Ave has 63
6371 N Decatur Blvd has 114

Good luck. I bought a bunch from the W Charleston Blvd one, had to ask for them to check if 973419130486 was in stock, they said yes, but was in the back. And they pulled me a box.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I picked up the Clone Wars Y-Wing kit (8037) at Wal-Mart on sale last week. It was the last one, and I couldn't say no at $40. I've always loved the Y-Wing, and I actually really like the re-designed version - taking the original lines and just covering up the 'frame' that you see in the OT was incredibly clever and so obvious.

So, I put it together...

And that was cool, for a while. But I got the itch every time I looked at it to come up with a version between the CW version and the OT version.. maybe one that's seen some action and had bits blown off, or has been 'modified' to make it easier to work on or perform better. Anyway, today I gave it a go...

I definitely have some more ideas, but this was a really fun semi-MOC project!

TremorX fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 13, 2010

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The funny thing is, the Y-Wing was always portrayed as an older fighter with its hull cladding stripped off for easier maintenance, even before the CW series came out.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So after buying both the midi-scale Star Destroyer and Millenium Falcon this week, I'm hooked on LEGO again. Has anyone come across a decent part list for a Ghostbuster firehouse? My minimates need a place to live and I don't think I have the talent to build one in LDD.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I have not seen any of the series 2 mini figs anywhere but at the Lego Store in the Portland area :sigh:

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007

kensei posted:

I have not seen any of the series 2 mini figs anywhere but at the Lego Store in the Portland area :sigh:

I've only been able to find them at Toys R Us down here in Salem. Must be an Oregon thing.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mister_Eel posted:

I've only been able to find them at Toys R Us down here in Salem. Must be an Oregon thing.

Fred Meyer is supposed to get them, but they put them out way late last time. I haven't seen them at any of the Targets yet either.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I haven't found anywhere in this whole city that has minifigures, so I'm jealous of all of you :(

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007

A Bad Poster posted:

I haven't found anywhere in this whole city that has minifigures, so I'm jealous of all of you :(

Yeah I don't know what's going on with them. It's like the stores are retarded and only order 1 box or LEGO is not shipping out enough.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I sent my wife to Target this morning and she was able to nab 12/16. Unfortunately, the Spartan is among the ones she couldn't find, which is of course the one I wanted the most.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

So this thread and the previous one have really rekindled my LEGO love affair. LEGO was my absolute favorite toy as a kid and now I really really want to get back into it, and all my LEGO pieces and sets are up in the attic right now.....Plus, I just got annual passes to Disney World and now I get a 10% discount from the LEGO store at Downtown Disney. Might need to stop by there this weekend.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
At Christmas I got a Lego set, and my Mom kept stealing parts while I was building it, making little random things.

Her birthday was Monday, so I got her the 7639 City Camper. Lime green is her favorite color, so I knew she would like the trim. Since the two figures that came with it look vaguely like me and my Wife, I also custom-made three more minifigs at the Lego store that looked like my parents and little brother, to add to the set. (they even come in a nifty little blister-pack)

Sure enough, she got that box open right away and everything else stopped while she built the camper. She's always been hard to shop for when Birthdays or Christmas came around, but not anymore.

My Dad's birthday is next. I think I'll find him another Lego city set to match hers.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Robot Hobo posted:

At Christmas I got a Lego set, and my Mom kept stealing parts while I was building it, making little random things.

Her birthday was Monday, so I got her the 7639 City Camper. Lime green is her favorite color, so I knew she would like the trim. Since the two figures that came with it look vaguely like me and my Wife, I also custom-made three more minifigs at the Lego store that looked like my parents and little brother, to add to the set. (they even come in a nifty little blister-pack)

Sure enough, she got that box open right away and everything else stopped while she built the camper. She's always been hard to shop for when Birthdays or Christmas came around, but not anymore.

My Dad's birthday is next. I think I'll find him another Lego city set to match hers.

The City Camper is awesome. It's my daughters favorite set.

Crap, walked all the way to Target and no minifigs. Didn't even find an empty section in the toys or seasonal stops.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
Anyone know of the value of a few tupperware tubs of lego. All collected by myself over 10 years, never really played with lots of unassembled kits.

It has 3 complete model team black cat big rigs [5571] 2 unassembled still in bags with manuals. Most of the sets are technic. There's the latest super crane technic set with the motors and a few tractor kits, probably over 20-30,000 pieces.

Easilly over 100+ of the technic large wheels from model team to the old school giant tractor tires.

I'm thinking of throwing the whole works on ebay, I'm looking to buy more 4x4 parts and I can always buy legos again when I have kids and room for it.

Some of the items are still boxed.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Geared Hub posted:

Anyone know of the value of a few tupperware tubs of lego. All collected by myself over 10 years, never really played with lots of unassembled kits.

It has 3 complete model team black cat big rigs [5571] 2 unassembled still in bags with manuals. Most of the sets are technic. There's the latest super crane technic set with the motors and a few tractor kits, probably over 20-30,000 pieces.

Easilly over 100+ of the technic large wheels from model team to the old school giant tractor tires.

I'm thinking of throwing the whole works on ebay, I'm looking to buy more 4x4 parts and I can always buy legos again when I have kids and room for it.

Some of the items are still boxed.

Comedy $800 offer

edit: I'm serious

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Here's an idea on what people think is reasonable for sets. This doesn't mean you will get this much, but gives you an idea of worth.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=5571
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=8421

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I forget, is there a way to take a list of parts you need, feed it to bricklink, and have it spit out the way you can make the order using the fewest number of stores?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I forget, is there a way to take a list of parts you need, feed it to bricklink, and have it spit out the way you can make the order using the fewest number of stores?

Here's what I've been doing:

LDD > LDD manager > upload to wanted list > shop by store, order by unique lots

Sair
May 11, 2007

I cannot figure out how the cape on the vampire minifig is supposed to work. It's full of mysterious holes!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Sair posted:

I cannot figure out how the cape on the vampire minifig is supposed to work. It's full of mysterious holes!

You have to do it like an Z pattern, starting with the bottom.
Like, bottom left, bottom right, top left, top right.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Had a discussion with some coworkers about Lego LDD before months ago where we work with CAD tools. Today on my pc's keyboard was a series 1 minifig bag.

Now a cowboy is fending off anyone sneaking up on me :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sair
May 11, 2007

Flavor Bear posted:

You have to do it like an Z pattern, starting with the bottom.
Like, bottom left, bottom right, top left, top right.

Well I'm not sure if it's right, but it's on. This is extra-dimensional.