Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

CaptainScraps posted:

Oh hay Mission Tortillas, how are you. Dry and tasteless as always?

Hey, they're perfectly fine for cutting into triangles, deep frying, and coating with coarse salt and a spray of lime juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Green Crayons posted:

Per the megathread mantra, where's the picture of your company: the perpetually empty chair sitting across from you?
Maybe he ebayed the chair to buy the booze.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Save me jeebus posted:

Are those mass-produced corn tortillas I see there? drat those motherfuckers look like a week old. You poor bastard.

Seriously, the tortillas are cracked from just sitting there on the plate.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
true story, the tacos broke apart in my lap and I spilled blantons on myself while driving back to work after dinner to draft an appellate brief

then i jerked off and cried myself to sleep

i woke up to the janitor sucking the liquor out of my pants. and nothing else

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Phil Moscowitz posted:

This is why you should go to law school, so you can have a dinner like this

Not only is that the vineyard's second wine, it is literally the worst vintage of the entire last decade.

You probably could have got Duhart's second in a 2005 for way cheaper if you wanted a Bordeaux.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER
said the hobo to the working lawyer

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Phil Moscowitz posted:

true story, the tacos broke apart in my lap and I spilled blantons on myself while driving back to work after dinner to draft an appellate brief

then i jerked off and cried myself to sleep

i woke up to the janitor sucking the liquor out of my pants. and nothing else

I went for tacos for lunch today too at a pollos asados al carbon place. I had to pull the meat off the drat bird myself but the tortillas were homemade, came with a basket of chips made of the same tortillas deep fried and rice, beans, and four different types of salsa including a don(put the drat tilde over this yourself)a sauce and a drink.

$6.50 and I still think i was overcharged.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

atlas of bugs posted:

said the hobo to the working lawyer

at this point you should self-identify as a wino methinks

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

atlas of bugs posted:

Not only is that the vineyard's second wine, it is literally the worst vintage of the entire last decade.

You probably could have got Duhart's second in a 2005 for way cheaper if you wanted a Bordeaux.

non seulement ceci, but Duhart is for paisans and other miscreants, or "hobos" if you will

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

also those aren't mission tortillas, apparently tortillas don't like flying

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

CaptainScraps posted:

I went for tacos for lunch today too at a pollos asados al carbon place. I had to pull the meat off the drat bird myself but the tortillas were homemade, came with a basket of chips made of the same tortillas deep fried and rice, beans, and four different types of salsa including a don(put the drat tilde over this yourself)a sauce and a drink.

$6.50 and I still think i was overcharged.

Get the gently caress outta here, a middling burrito or fajita here cost like $8 and come with no sides or other special poo poo at all.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Phil Moscowitz posted:

non seulement ceci, but Duhart is for paisans and other miscreants, or "hobos" if you will

that should be a pretty good indication of how bad your 2006 was

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER
on the upside robert parker says it'll be drinkable in 5-10 years so i hope you got a go-cup

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
Are there any readily available resources of hypos with excellent answers I could mine?

Additionally, which one has better rewards: Lexis or Westlaw? I recall discussion from a while ago but being awesome and not in law school at the time I didn't really care what was going on outside of tacochats.

7StoryFall
Nov 16, 2003

Green Crayons posted:

Are there any readily available resources of hypos with excellent answers I could mine?

Additionally, which one has better rewards: Lexis or Westlaw? I recall discussion from a while ago but being awesome and not in law school at the time I didn't really care what was going on outside of tacochats.

Lexis is better, but I find that West (at least at my school) gives much more options to get points.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Green Crayons posted:

I recall discussion from a while ago but being awesome and not in law school at the time I didn't really care what was going on outside of tacochats.

So you read this thread while not a lawyer, then decided to become a lawyer and went to a non T14.

That is what I get from this sentence.

Mookie
Mar 22, 2005

I have to return some videotapes.
Elmer T. Lee single barrel update: as a mixer, has more pepper than Gentleman Jack, less of the banana flavor of regular Jack Daniels. It's better neat.

Up for today: Laird's 12 year old apple brandy.

BECAUSE EVEN APPLEJACK CAN BE CLASSY

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy
Hey Mookie have you been playing World of Tanks? If not somebody has stolen your name!!

If yes then how are you managing to bill clients for the time spent playing?

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Mookie posted:

Mix with hot cider and cinnamon to please crowds.

7StoryFall
Nov 16, 2003

Mookie posted:

Elmer T. Lee single barrel update: as a mixer, has more pepper than Gentleman Jack, less of the banana flavor of regular Jack Daniels. It's better neat.

Calvados is the classy apple brandy. Couer de Lion is class.

Calvados makes me happy. I think I need to get a drinkable bottle now.

Mookie
Mar 22, 2005

CmdrSmirnoff posted:

Hey Mookie have you been playing World of Tanks? If not somebody has stolen your name!!

If yes then how are you managing to bill clients for the time spent playing?

I took my SA name from the thread where the teacher found his ghetto 7th grader's sex-story filled spiral notebook. I'm assuming that it isn't the only place where some Mook has that name.

My online gaming name is different, but the only multiplayer game I play is Modern Warfare 2 :downs:

Grammar Fascist
May 29, 2004
Y-O-U-R, Y-O-U-Apostrophe-R-E... They're as different as night and day. Don't you think that night and day are different? What's wrong with you?

Green Crayons posted:

I think Lexis has a lot more online stuff you can do to get points, and MUCH better actual rewards (gift cards and such). At my school Lexis also has a lot more trainings and things, so I think it just depends on the reps.

The best tip I figured out is to set up an alert on both Westlaw and Lexis to Shepardize/KeyCite some case every day, and e-mail yourself the result... you'll then automatically get the daily points for doing a search (often double points for Shepardizing/KeyCiting). I have a filter set up so the e-mails automatically get deleted every morning and I never have to see them, but I still get the points.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Grammar Fascist posted:

I think Lexis has a lot more online stuff you can do to get points, and MUCH better actual rewards (gift cards and such). At my school Lexis also has a lot more trainings and things, so I think it just depends on the reps.

The best tip I figured out is to set up an alert on both Westlaw and Lexis to Shepardize/KeyCite some case every day, and e-mail yourself the result... you'll then automatically get the daily points for doing a search (often double points for Shepardizing/KeyCiting). I have a filter set up so the e-mails automatically get deleted every morning and I never have to see them, but I still get the points.

Employing a system similar to this, I bought two pair of shoes and four video games during law school.

Literally the only positive from going to law school is the free Westlaw/Lexis points.

Rural Alaskan Clerking Update:

This bitch somehow managed to steal $800k in student loans. The kicker is that she's not a law student but some sort of stupid Oriental Studies PhD. She's also a Rhodes Scholar.

While reviewing the case (it was in front of some other judge, so I'm speaking as a dispassionate public observer), I was thinking "That's not THAT much in student loans, I bet her education cost that much if she got $800k in 10 years." I was wrong.

Yeah turns out it's literally criminal to take out $80k/yr in loans. How much did YOU take out for law school?

BigHead fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 12, 2010

remote control carnivore
May 7, 2009
Paying $30k+ a year for Westlaw shoe rewards. Truly an excellent return.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

7StoryFall posted:

Lexis is better, but I find that West (at least at my school) gives much more options to get points.
No, westlaw is better. At least for criminal law.
The only good thing about lexis in the real work is that it doesn't have a hard wall for parts you pay for. I can only search cal and fed law, but I can put in a cite from anywhere and get it. West won't let you do that.
Lexis is also slower.
(Really though, it is down to personal preference)

J Miracle
Mar 25, 2010
It took 32 years, but I finally figured out push-ups!

nm posted:

No, westlaw is better. At least for criminal law.
The only good thing about lexis in the real work is that it doesn't have a hard wall for parts you pay for. I can only search cal and fed law, but I can put in a cite from anywhere and get it. West won't let you do that.
Lexis is also slower.
(Really though, it is down to personal preference)

He was asking which has better rewards

remote control carnivore
May 7, 2009
The answer is, both are horrible because you are in law school.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I used Lexis because their rep was far hotter than the Westlaw one.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

diospadre posted:

I used Lexis because their rep was far hotter than the Westlaw one.

Both of mine were truly and utterly soul-crushed bald fat men. Which, if you're into horribly soul-crushed bald fat men, then my school's world is your oyster. But alas the bald fat men have since moved on :( .

By soul-crushed, I mean far beyond anything you can imagine. Our Lexis guy dragged his children into our training sessions and would go apeshit if they misbehaved, and you could tell he was just so, utterly, completely, lonely. His eyes were just so desolate and unhappy.

Our westlaw guy was just normal fat and bald I guess, which is still fairly soul-crushing.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

BigHead posted:

Both of mine were truly and utterly soul-crushed bald fat men. Which, if you're into horribly soul-crushed bald fat men, then my school's world is your oyster. But alas the bald fat men have since moved on :( .

By soul-crushed, I mean far beyond anything you can imagine. Our Lexis guy dragged his children into our training sessions and would go apeshit if they misbehaved, and you could tell he was just so, utterly, completely, lonely. His eyes were just so desolate and unhappy.

Our westlaw guy was just normal fat and bald I guess, which is still fairly soul-crushing.

We didn't even get people, they just passed out passwords and flash drives in my legal writing class.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I never cashed in my reward points :(

Mookie
Mar 22, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

They were the only thing of value you got out of law school and you managed to gently caress even that up?

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

BigHead posted:

Employing a system similar to this, I bought two pair of shoes and four video games during law school.

Literally the only positive from going to law school is the free Westlaw/Lexis points.

Rural Alaskan Clerking Update:

This bitch somehow managed to steal $800k in student loans. The kicker is that she's not a law student but some sort of stupid Oriental Studies PhD. She's also a Rhodes Scholar.

While reviewing the case (it was in front of some other judge, so I'm speaking as a dispassionate public observer), I was thinking "That's not THAT much in student loans, I bet her education cost that much if she got $800k in 10 years." I was wrong.

Yeah turns out it's literally criminal to take out $80k/yr in loans. How much did YOU take out for law school?

"In all she took out more than $679,000 in student loans, federal prosecutors said. They say about $403,000 went for noneducational expenses. "

:what:

What in gods name did they actually count as educational expenses, then? Anchorage is a tad more expensive than the lower 48, but holy christ.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mookie posted:

I took my SA name from the thread where the teacher found his ghetto 7th grader's sex-story filled spiral notebook. I'm assuming that it isn't the only place where some Mook has that name.

My online gaming name is different, but the only multiplayer game I play is Modern Warfare 2 :downs:

If you play on the Xbox with goons, tell them Mommy Party is your homeboy and you want to have a slumber praty.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Ainsley McTree posted:

are you employed now or not

Bro Enlai
Nov 9, 2008

thanks guys, i just had a dream about taking a burrito law class

it was mostly product liability

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

atlas of bugs posted:

That is what I get from this sentence.
Wanted to be a lawyer before this thread; this thread just allowed my expectations to be appropriately leveled to a future filled with shitlaw.

Grammar Fascist posted:

Thanks. Will use library time today to set this up. Since I didn't really pay attention in the training session I will take my time with each and consider the hour I waste getting this set up not only well spent but incredibly productive. It will then be time for some lunch at South of the Boarder.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Red Bean Juice posted:

thanks guys, i just had a dream about taking a burrito law class

it was mostly product liability

Burrito Law the first:

Korean food does not belong in a loving burrito.

Gochujang tastes like poo poo and should not sully what could otherwise have been a mediocre meal.

remote control carnivore
May 7, 2009

CaptainScraps posted:

Burrito Law the first:

Quoted for loving truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

CaptainScraps posted:

Burrito Law the first:

Gochujang tastes like poo poo and should not sully what could otherwise have been a mediocre meal.

you're so wrong it hurts

it hurts my balls