Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Z3n posted:

I noticed today when I was coming back to the house that there is a growing collection of arced tire marks outside the last corner to my house :)

Heh, they're adding up on mine, too. Although knobbies don't seem to leave as much of a skid as street tires..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

MrZig posted:

Heh, they're adding up on mine, too. Although knobbies don't seem to leave as much of a skid as street tires..

There's a way to fix that buy my drz

This was what I got to have some fun on today:

I'll post a write up later or tomorrow or something :)

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

MrZig posted:

Heh, they're adding up on mine, too.

Me three.

Though mine are from power sliding out of my drive onto the main road as I start my daily commute. I live on a busy main road so I usually have to give it a spirited twist to get out between the morning traffic.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

The only skid marks I have are the one in my boxers after I spun up the rear tire on a slippy dividing line the other day.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Ola posted:

The only skid marks I have are the one in my boxers after I spun up the rear tire on a slippy dividing line the other day.

Buy a fuckton of new boxer shorts and take a trip to lovely Copenhagen. Half of the city streets are covered with steel plates because of the expansion of the city metro and various other poo poo. It's also raining. Lots of fun. Wear gear.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I slid both wheels on the Bandit yesterday while out for a ride. I just drifted gracefully sideways in a corner on some dirt.

It was beautiful and absolutely terrifying at the same time! :stare:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Gullous posted:

I've been pulled over on my pedal bike
When I was about 19, I got off with a warning about speeding on my pedal bike, too.

Thing is, I was in a 55 zone at the time.

(Drafting a semi-truck down the steep part of Sierra College Boulevard in Rocklin, CA. Notice the "Going over the train tracks" at A, and the "Goind under the train tracks" at B. The cop said he wasn't going to write me a ticket because there wasn't a judge in the world that could take a ticket for 57 in a 55 on a bicycle with a straight face.)

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 13, 2010

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Drew a bike while bored at work today. Pencil first then inked. It's some electric superbike with active aerodynamics since I'm obsessed with bikes with active aerodynamics.

I'm a childish person and want air brakes on my superbikes already, goddammit.

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

eggyolk posted:

Drew a bike while bored at work today. Pencil first then inked. It's some electric superbike with active aerodynamics since I'm obsessed with bikes with active aerodynamics.

do the wings on the front wheel generate lift for easier wheelies?

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

No, they just look cool.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
My bike has an air brake, it's called sitting up. :smug:

Although I would love an air brake that had immense drag, and activated when you grabbed the front lever.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

eggyolk posted:

No, they just look cool.

It's DOWN FORCE brah.

There's a fat pipe on the back, too, and the wheels are hella flush.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

eggyolk posted:

First, you have some serious talent there.. I can't draw a straight line.

Second, why does your electric super bike have a radiator?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

DILLIGAF posted:

Serious Answer: Lithium Ion batteries have a specific temperature range that makes them happiest. Radiator helps to cool them.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DILLIGAF posted:

Plenty of high performance electric motors are liquid cooled.

efb

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Jack the Smack posted:

Hah, so true. I'll be riding down the road and if I'm coming to a slow down/stop point I'll sit up and stick both my arms out with hands open and go "Air brakes" in my helmet. Good times. :cheers:

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Jack the Smack posted:

Although I would love an air brake that had immense drag, and activated when you grabbed the front lever.

Sounds like what the Veyron has.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

When I need extra drag, I just go like this

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3AeRbqhi0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owf9AHJ2ot8

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 14, 2010

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Ola posted:

When I need extra drag, I just go like this

Are you talking about sport bikes? Cause you'd go flying like batman.

The drag with a aerodynamic race suit and helmet is pretty intense when I sit up at any speed above 120mph, and I'm skinny.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Jack the Smack posted:

The drag with a aerodynamic race suit and helmet is pretty intense when I sit up at any speed above 120mph, and I'm skinny.

Obviously no, I only rip open my trenchcoat and expose my naked emoticon-like body on standards, tourers and the occasional dual sport thumper. And even then only at the meager speeds my small penis will allow.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh1vZjlYZ4c

Looks like Mr. Buell has been busy...

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Saw this at the fair last night.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

ReelBigLizard posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh1vZjlYZ4c

Looks like Mr. Buell has been busy...

Is it just me, or did it sound like they had the sound of an I4 going at the beginning?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I heard it too. :v:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

NeuralSpark posted:

What, you never seen an i6 before?

(that bike is :krad:, got any info on it?)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And you thought it sucked trying to lean your cbx over.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

ReelBigLizard posted:

(that bike is :krad:, got any info on it?)

Saw it at the Tennessee Valley Fair in a booth for a local moped builder, but no representative was manning the booth for questioning. Trying to find the shop now.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

NeuralSpark posted:

"Forget dragging knees...im dragging engine blocks."

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Jack the Smack posted:

When I was stationed at 29 Palms for school in the late 80's, there was a guy in my class who bought a poo poo hot bike, and was taking it out to a friend's house for a party of a Friday Night. He was eastbound on Highway 62 (which is long and straight out there), wound out in top gear when he thought he saw his turn off the highway flash past him on the right. Instinctively, he sat up and turned around to look - while doing 130 MPH or so...

Plucked him right off the bike.

Fortunately, he was wearing good gear, and didn't slide on the pavement for long.

He got up, dusted himself off, and looked around for the bike. No sign.
He looked around for a bit, then walked back to his buddy's house and they jumped in the guy's truck and went looking.

Still no sign. They drove back and forth for about an hour when they spotted a little track that led to a small divot in the berm that builds up on the side of the road at a spot where the road bends left...

The bike apparently launched itself off that berm, and turned itself into an approximation of a 50 yard long 'debris field'. They figured that the throttle closed in top gear, and the bike idled along at triple digit speeds for 4 miles before the road turned, because the guy didn't disturb the bike much when he came off it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
There's a lot more to that story than they're telling. Or maybe a lot less. :v:

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Z3n posted:

There's a lot more to that story than they're telling. Or maybe a lot less. :v:

The part that nobody's mentioning is that he was drunk as gently caress while doing this.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Jack the Smack posted:

I have conclusive video evidence that sportbike riders stay on the bike in most crash scenarios:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo97TSS9gqQ&feature=related

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Marv Hushman posted:

I have conclusive video evidence that sportbike riders stay on the bike in most crash scenarios:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo97TSS9gqQ&feature=related

Great, now i want to spend money on an RC bike

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04JKX_vlePE

Here's an RC bike that can clean up your garage!

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

redscare posted:

Great, now i want to spend money on an RC bike

I think those are old tech...you need the leaning rider version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPPjE55yFec&feature=more_related

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Ola posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04JKX_vlePE
Here's an RC bike that can clean up your garage!

My good friend had a TLR1000 with near straight pipes. When he revved it outside his garage, paint and cans started falling off the shelves.

Also, from the video:

quote:

Gear driven cams make that whinging sound.

Then from the comments:

quote:

My ex wife must have been gear driven as all she ever bloody did was whine!!

:lol:

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

My bike has four gear driven cams :smug:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

The dorsoduro I'll be doing the valves on this weekend runs gear driven cams. I hope we don't have to adjust them. :sigh:

Content: Bike that a guy I saw at a bike night was riding:

Click here for the full 968x1296 image.

I donated a front take off, he really couldn't afford to be riding that motorcycle. Been there, but never that bad. :sigh:

Z3n fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 15, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Z3n posted:

I donated a front take off, he really couldn't afford to be riding that motorcycle. Been there, but never that bad. :sigh:

I thought the whole idea was, if you're a sportbiker, you just keep it on an elbow until you wear down the part that's still good.

He's probably got another 800 miles on the edge.