Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

smashpro1 posted:

He hates his father. :colbert:

This is a thread powered by clean-burning propane, we don't need your chacoal attitude in here!

CaptainScraps posted:

-Bill, although he would NEVER admit it.

Hey, now, Bill knows when to hold 'em AND when to fold 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

He hates his father. :colbert:

Ha ha, it was struck me as crazy that Cotton treats him so shittily so readily, yet Hank is the good son through and through. The only point were he'll stand up is when Cotton is badmouthing his mother. Or propane. Or probably Ladybird. There's a total hierarchy to the things he loves, and I wouldn't be surprised if an official list is written down somewhere.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I swear its actually said somewhere in the series where Peggy admits its something like God, country, propane and then family.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Officer Sandvich posted:

I had a friend who had never seen "Aisle 8A". One of the funniest moments from the whole series for me is Hank taking Connie to the emergency room for her first period.

"Now, every month, a woman has this time when she gets very angry. At everything. And usually men are the everything. It's like a tire fire, trying to put it out only makes it worse. You just gotta let it burn. Grab a beer and let it burn."

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Parachute posted:

"Now, every month, a woman has this time when she gets very angry. At everything. And usually men are the everything. It's like a tire fire, trying to put it out only makes it worse. You just gotta let it burn. Grab a beer and let it burn."

The beginning is awesome, and a very Hank moment. Especially because he's sorting nails as he says it. "Every woman has a period...of, of time every month..." "Even mom?" "Bobby, if we're going to get through this, you can not ask me questions like that.".

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Crotch Bat posted:

I swear its actually said somewhere in the series where Peggy admits its something like God, country, propane and then family.

That was when he was interviewing other Hank, the drug addict.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

CaptainScraps posted:

That was when he was interviewing other Hank, the drug addict.

No, Peggy's said it as well, I think while talking to Bobby.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Crotch Bat posted:

No, Peggy's said it as well, I think while talking to Bobby.

I want to say it was something about his guns instead of propane in the gun competition episode.

You're right about Ladybird. I am not as well acquainted with the later seasons, but I must be confusing it with Cotton or something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I guess Hank will openly admit to loving those things, everything else is represses.

That episode with Dale in the Meglo-mart over night is so great. It's really creepy.

"Pestcontorl would have just sprayed, and I would have had parents of dead teens suing me".

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Just watched season 4 ep 9 - the one where Bobby makes a "pet" of a raccoon and Ladybird nearly gets shot for having rabies after being bitten by said raccoon after it goes for Hank.

Jesus, Bobby is a selfish little poo poo in this episode, for most of the time

edit: I forgot the ending.

Pookah fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 16, 2010

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Pookah posted:

Just watched season 4 ep 9 - the one where Bobby makes a "pet" of a raccoon and Ladybird nearly gets shot for having rabies after being bitten by said raccoon after it goes for Hank.

You mean, Laaaaa~dy~biiiiird nearly got shot for having rabies.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Pookah posted:

I thought he was more of a poo poo when he made Hank give Lady Bird away in the allergy one.
Peggy was funny as hell in that though "Don't forget what I told the doctor"

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Pookah posted:

Bobby is also really bad in that allergy episode where he lives in the doghouse. I think that is the only episode where I really hate Bobby.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

That episode was weird because it just ended. It was like "Oh wait I was selfish, look I'm not really allergic, roll credits" in like ten seconds.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I just noticed my Walmart around here are putting out those double packs of KOTH DVD releases for $20 again. Your mileage may vary, but it's best to keep an eye out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I just noticed my Walmart around here are putting out those double packs of KOTH DVD releases for $20 again. Your mileage may vary, but it's best to keep an eye out.

We have them for $15 each. I'd probably buy them if there was more than 6 seasons.

Spook
Feb 25, 2002

Silence of the MOTHERFUCKING LAMBS!!

twistedmentat posted:

We have them for $15 each. I'd probably buy them if there was more than 6 seasons.

I heard that Mike Judge lives in a walmart.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Being able to speak Spanish makes the Peggy goes to episode way better since the Spanish puns and Peggy's atrocious Spanish don't go over your head.

Soy vivo en Mexico.

Yes, yes, long live Mexico. Now where do you live?

Soy vivo en Mexico!

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Sep 17, 2010

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
You eliminated Bill, Billiminator!

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Tender Bender posted:

That episode was weird because it just ended. It was like "Oh wait I was selfish, look I'm not really allergic, roll credits" in like ten seconds.

It was kind of weird, but at the same time I don't know what to do otherwise.

The pet raccoon one isn't as awful to me because it seems like your standard teenage boy behavior. Honestly, Bobby's pretty much your average pre-teen all around. Occasionally pretty smart and well behaved, frequently a nasty brat who exploits situations to get what he wants.

The had the Lupe episode last night. My favorite part of the whole episode is "Lupe. Follow. My. Lead" (with hand gestures). When the officer pats her down and says "TAKE A LOOK AT THIS" it's loving classic.

Peggy Hill, you are one cool customer.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

I thought I was done being surprised by King of the Hill guest stars but I only just now learned the motorcycle cop was Kathy Bates

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You wouldn't hit an unconscious mahahahaaahhhnnnnn.

Ballin Stalin
Dec 29, 2009

by Lowtax
God I hate Peggy so much! It's funny because I'd never noticed Peggy's arrogance and disgusting personality, despite having been watching the show since 1998ish (but I didn't pay attention to Peggy/her own horn tooting really, because I was like 6 or whatever, and only watched koth because it was a :airquote:cartoon:airquote: and *~*~•animated•~*~*.

God, and the thing I hate the most about her is the way she cries over the dumbest stuff, like other moms not liking her tea cozies or whatever. Now I'm
just stating the obvious. How was I not able to catch on to it as a kid?!

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I love the soundtrack to The Flowers of Time. It's such a great ripoff of sappy blockbuster music.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
To The Flowers of Time!

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Really, I'm not too sad to see it go. Thirteen years is a long-rear end run. I think I've only seen one or two episodes from the past 4-5 years. I only remember seeing one episode that features Lucky, where Bobby wants to bust into the chip factory with him. I loved the reference to "Running Down a Dream."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Spook posted:

I heard that Mike Judge lives in a walmart.

In a toilet paper fort, eating their cheerios and playing their videogames.

And then there's the droppings.

Sometimes you hear the Beavis and Butthead huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh laugh echoing down the halls late at night.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Ballin Stalin posted:

God, and the thing I hate the most about her is the way she cries over the dumbest stuff, like other moms not liking her tea cozies or whatever. Now I'm
just stating the obvious. How was I not able to catch on to it as a kid?!

See, this right here is why Peggy Hill is one of the best-written characters on TV. She feels so real. As someone who's sister *is* Peggy Hill, Peggy makes me laugh a lot...because I grew up with it. Peggy is an embodiment of someone who never felt good enough growing up and feels desperate to prove herself over and over again. She just wants to be praised for something. She just wants someone to tell her "good job, Peggy, this was great."

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

And this is really underlined in "A Rover Runs Through It" (S09Ep01)
Peggy's mother calls her to get them all to come back to the ranch in Montana, and it is made very clear there that her mother has never given her any kind of credit for anything at all. (Not the same mother as seen in earlier episodes, but hey, it works).

Just watched the one where Bill has a breakdown and starts dressing like his ex-wife Lenore (love the name reference btw), I think it's S03Ep09. It's both funny and touching, and really showcases how good a friend Hank is. I love the final exchange between Hank and Bill

Bill: I hit rock bottom there, Hank, didn't I?
Hank: And hard.
Bill: Then... It's all uphill from now on?
Hank: Yep, the wind's at your back buddy, merry Christmas
:3:

Hank actually dresses like a lady both to protect Bill from an aggressive party crowd and to allow him to have the final word with his ex-wife

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay, and I've been friends with him for twenty years.
This thread got me to watch Aisle 8A again and I just caught a great Kahn joke I missed before. After explaining to the Hills about taking care of their daughter a horn honks and Kahn says "There is limo to airport". The next scene shows the exterior of the house and Kahn and Mihn are sitting in a cheap taxi-van. Its always hard to say who my favorite character is but Kahn is usually at the top of that list.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Kahn: Ted says they are bringing along important monks!
Minh: Buddhist monks?
Kahn: Yeah, yeah Buddhist whatever...MONKS!
Minh: I'll get shrimp!
Kahn: Yeah! BIG shrimp!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I want to spend an entire week talking like Ted Wasanasong.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

SUPER NICE!

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay, and I've been friends with him for twenty years.

Crotch Bat posted:

The ba-na-na

Valhalska
May 3, 2007

Please do not be alarmed, we are about to engage...
The Nozzle.

Crotch Bat posted:

Talk it over with your wife Peggy and son Bobby, age thirteen.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
We're Episcopal now. It's just good business.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

You think it's just magic. Well it's the kinda magic you do with a ball-peen hammer in a deserted place.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how Hank's brain can't even process the whole "drag queen" thing. Peggy explains it to him and his mind just blanks.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Pookah posted:

Hank actually dresses like a lady both to protect Bill from an aggressive party crowd and to allow him to have the final word with his ex-wife

That's right! It's one of THOSE types of parties!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Ozma posted:

That's right! It's one of THOSE types of parties!

I always love how Dale shows up in the background in drag, then when he sees that Bill and Hank aren't dressed in drag anymore quickly runs away.

The attention to detail is one of my favorite things about this show. The episode Little Horrors of Shop does the best job bringing up little things.