Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Take a picture of this bizarre cape for someone with no Minifig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sair
May 11, 2007

I'm not taking it off now, but it's this thing: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/42450

No instructions for it, either. Just... put it on.

Tolstoi
Apr 3, 2001
I'll be honest, that does look difficult at first, but after putting the cape on my spartan today it came relatively easy. You either get it or you don't, there really is no in between. The little holes are so the cape can bend where it needs to curve without making too much pressure that might tear the cape like those old Star Wars vinyl capes.

I took the hands off my minifig thinking I had to put it on that way.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Geared Hub posted:

Anyone know of the value of a few tupperware tubs of lego. All collected by myself over 10 years, never really played with lots of unassembled kits.

It has 3 complete model team black cat big rigs [5571] 2 unassembled still in bags with manuals. Most of the sets are technic. There's the latest super crane technic set with the motors and a few tractor kits, probably over 20-30,000 pieces.

Easilly over 100+ of the technic large wheels from model team to the old school giant tractor tires.

I'm thinking of throwing the whole works on ebay, I'm looking to buy more 4x4 parts and I can always buy legos again when I have kids and room for it.

Some of the items are still boxed.

Let me put it this way:

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=4529

If you have the energy to do it, you'll make the most money selling the complete sets individually through Bricklink or Ebay, but I understand that's a lot of work. I honestly don't know what large lots like that go for online anymore, as I don't pay much attention. The other possibility is to approach your local LUG if you live near one, and see if they'll buy the whole lot. My club does that sometimes, and then we divide the sets and parts up between us. You might get more money that way, because you'll be selling it to multiple people who know the worth of the sets, and who aren't looking to resell them.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was serious about $800.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
Anyone know if Series 2 minifigs are available in Toronto anywhere?

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Sair posted:

I'm not taking it off now, but it's this thing: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/42450

No instructions for it, either. Just... put it on.

What in the holy gently caress?

Dr. Goonstein
May 31, 2008

PopeOnARope posted:

Head in the middle, fold the little flap over onto the chest, and insert the arms? There is some folding to be done to make the arm-holes overlap, but I am pretty sure that is how you take care of it.

Sair
May 11, 2007

PopeOnARope posted:

I'm still pretty sure I got it /almost/ right.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I'm fairly positive you aren't supposed to put the arms through it at all. I had one of the movie-maker sets years back with the same type of cape and you somehow fold it so all the big holes overlap and the collar stands up. As mentioned, the little holes are just so it folds easily.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
It's a bit hard to see, but it is definitely folded and overlapped in the official photo.

also found a good series 2 barcode pdf:

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/miscellaneous/8684Barcodes.pdf

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

MaliciousOnion posted:

It's a bit hard to see, but it is definitely folded and overlapped in the official photo.

Oh, I get it. This makes much more sense.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
/\/\/\ I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but I've enhanced the image, just in case.

edit: quote is not edit

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Cry Havoc posted:

Yeah, I posted about it a few weeks ago. Best bet I found was Wal-Mart when they first came out, but after putting a complete set together I haven't been back. If you feel like a trip to Mississagua, try Lasting Toys.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found a LEGO Taj Mahal tonight at my local Target. Someone bought it online and returned it so they marked it down to 200 bucks. Having a hard time not buying it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Cry Havoc posted:

Toys R Us. Just go in and look. I called my local store and was told they weren't in yet but I went in anyway and there were two boxes that were half picked over already. I got everything I wanted except the disco guy.

Chris Knight posted:

Yeah, I posted about it a few weeks ago. Best bet I found was Wal-Mart when they first came out, but after putting a complete set together I haven't been back. If you feel like a trip to Mississagua, try Lasting Toys.

I've never seen them at Walmart in Ontario, and believe me I've looked. I'm not doubting you, but I have yet to have see them myself.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Wal-Mart on highway 7 and 400 had em but they were picked clean of Spartans, which is the only one I really wanted.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Cry Havoc posted:

Walmart at Kennedy & Sheppard had two nearly full boxes Tuesday morning. Everything but the Spartans of course. They were in the LEGO aisle but on the left hand side amongst some other toys.

I spent 30 minutes with a UPC cheat sheet, but got 15 of the 16!

A friend sent me an ad saying that Mastermind is carrying Series 2.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Toys R Us. Just go in and look. I called my local store and was told they weren't in yet but I went in anyway and there were two boxes that were half picked over already. I got everything I wanted except the disco guy.

Are they with the other Lego stuff? I checked the Eglington store, but didn't find any.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

So i went to the TRU at whiteoaks here in London, and eventually found the figs near the cash. Spent about 15 minutes sorting and now i have the set :D

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

MaliciousOnion posted:

/\/\/\ I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but I've enhanced the image, just in case.

edit: quote is not edit

No, I was serious. From the flat shot I didn't realize that the goofy bit that didn't jive with what I know about Lego capes was meant to be an Abercrombie collar.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Cry Havoc posted:

Are they with the other Lego stuff? I checked the Eglington store, but didn't find any.
I went only to the St. Clair & Runnymede one, they were in with the other Lego sets. A friend who lives in the east end went to the Eglinton & Warden one around the same time, same deal.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Tanith posted:

No, I was serious. From the flat shot I didn't realize that the goofy bit that didn't jive with what I know about Lego capes was meant to be an Abercrombie collar.

Lego Minifig Series 3: Bro

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey, anybody want to trade their mime for a beat cop?

Also - how do I make perfect circular structures with system bricks? I've tried with 1 x 3 and 1 x 4, but LDD is being (predictably) retarded.

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Sep 16, 2010

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Let me put it this way:

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=4529

If you have the energy to do it, you'll make the most money selling the complete sets individually through Bricklink or Ebay, but I understand that's a lot of work. I honestly don't know what large lots like that go for online anymore, as I don't pay much attention. The other possibility is to approach your local LUG if you live near one, and see if they'll buy the whole lot. My club does that sometimes, and then we divide the sets and parts up between us. You might get more money that way, because you'll be selling it to multiple people who know the worth of the sets, and who aren't looking to resell them.

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

I was serious about $800.

Yeah I'll sort through it, I used a friends employee discount at a Lego store in Disney and picked up a bunch of the more recent technic big sets, including the 8 axle 8258 crane NIB, and a few creator sets NIB.

I gave away a ton of creator sets [probably a few thousand bricks worth] for toys for tots last year and kept mostly the technic stuff.

The plan for me was to start building large scale semi trucks and crane trucks, so I was stocking up on anything with large wheels, tractor wheels, super car wheels. Plus a ton of the big technic beams, I got a pile of the long 16 stud beams which apparently the lego Train guys use for bridges.

I don't much in terms of minifigure stuff, I do have a few technic "mini" figures. I'll lay it all out and take pictures of it in a week and a bit.

I don't have the time to work on anything lego related, and I figured I'd give my future kids a kick rear end lego collection but I can do that when the time comes.

So I rather just have some cash in pocket and free up some space.

Once I got everything laid out and all the manuals sorted out, I'll figure out a price point that's sensible. Most of it has never been played with at all, I purchased all of it new and just stored it.

Baruch, I'll get back to you on the price, I'll let you know before I sell it if you are interested whatever the price ends up being.

Initally I'm thinking half the "average" bricklink price on all the big wheels, big technic beams, the boxed sets and the black cat model team trucks and everything else in for "free" as a sweetener. $800 seems to be around that it may be a bit more. I'll get back to you via pm if you have platinum.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 16, 2010

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Cry Havoc posted:

Depends on the store, some have it with their other lego, some at the customer service desk. Look around, then ask, but don't call because it's easier to say no to you than yes and have you get pissed when they are wrong.

GerbilNut
Dec 30, 2004
I'm going to be a few miles from the Lego store in Orlando come Sunday and plan to make it by there sometime before I leave. This will be my first visit to a Lego store so i'm pretty excited. Anyone have any words of advice?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Holy poo poo, for the first time ever, I have seen the Series 2 Mini-figs in the wild. I was disappointed to not see Series 1 though...

On the plus side, I saw them at Smiths/Fred Meyer, who are currently having a buy 2 get one free sale. So I just may be buying myself a load of Mini-Figs.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I totally intended to go back to Target's 20% off sale but it was over when I did go again. I had wanted to get Creationary. Oh well.

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!
I went to target to see if they had any of the minifigs in the Halloween section, they didn't, but they did have some three dollar sets like they had for Easter. They had an Atlantis squid, a car and a boat from the racers series, and some other small car.

pad thai hi-five
Aug 11, 2003

Oven Wrangler
I admit that during my recent sorting spree I've gone on a bit of a Minifig bender:

Click here for the full 2048x1119 image.

Don't judge me.

The figures in the curver boxes are most of my old ones, sorted by castle, animals, space, pirates, fire and police forces, civilians, workmen and (marine mostly)rescue forces.

My main interest now is in Castle/Kingdom stuff, to populate and expand the diorama on the right. It's a smaller version of my LDD castle/treasure cave MOC.

That "vintage" minifig collection on the right was a blast from the past. I found two of the 1980 doctor torsos, and built a male and female doctor right away. I'm still not sure whether to order yellow heads and some brickarms stuff for the platoon, because I can't think of a military-themed MOC right now.

pad thai hi-five fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 17, 2010

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007
If anyone in Salem, OR is looking for series 2, Fred Meyers on Commercial has 2 boxes. They're on the paint desk thats right by the toys.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Just to let you know, the TRU in Fair Oaks (Fairfax, VA) just got 2 boxes of minifigs in. I perused through the 2 boxes and there was probably only one Spartan in there!

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

They re-released the forest maid? Holy poo poo!

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What a thing I have made!

What is it? I dunno! But I'm forcing myself to go to bed.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

InfinEight posted:

I don't know either, but I like it. Especially the wings?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

InfinEight posted:

yo the name is batty, the logic is erratic, potato in a jacket, toys in the attic, I rock and I ramble, my brain is scrambled, talk like an animal, but I'm a mammal

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

InfinEight posted:

I don't know what it is but I think the Combine are behind it. :cthulhu:

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

yo the name is batty, the logic is erratic, potato in a jacket, toys in the attic, I rock and I ramble, my brain is scrambled, talk like an animal, but I'm a mammal

Out of all the possible replies to my post, I have to say, this is the least expected, haha.

Also, I seem to have blown my wad:

I'm going to take the Hyena Bomber back though, since I already had two (when I thought I only had one). That will bring the total spent to around $120, which comes out to less than 7 cents a piece thanks to the buy 2 get one free sale. I'm still hopeful I might pick up at least a few of the minifigs, but it doesn't look like I'll be lucky anytime soon.

If anyone wants to see detailed pics of Space Police Central, let me know, since I'm off to build it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Child's Letter
Feb 21, 2005

"¡No llores! Gracias por esas fotos."
\
:backtowork:

InfinEight posted:

If anyone wants to see detailed pics of Space Police Central, let me know, since I'm off to build it.

Yes, please.