Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

doctor thodt posted:

I was just saying elsewhere that I watched the Monster House 3D Blu-Ray last night and it was fantastic. It's a shame the format seems to be going down the toilet so fast because it's really wonderful when it's done correctly.
Sony is making a big push for 3D games on the PS3, so I'm hoping that pushes more people to buy 3D TVs and encourages more movies in the format. I'm glad that Warner is making the effort, but I hope companies start releasing more stuff I'd want to buy. Any of the Pixar movies or the conversion of The Nightmare Before Christmas that they released in theaters a few years ago would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Trent Reznor is releasing The Social Network OST on Blu-Ray mixed in 5.1 and stereo loseless.

$20, ships on October 18

http://www.nullco.com/TSN/

Good for any fans or people with great sound systems.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Bambi posted:

Restrepo 12/7

Excellent. I was really looking forward to seeing that but it never came near my area.

Hopefully it should look good on Blu-Ray too.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
New Universal preorders up at Amazon.

$13.99 and it comes with $10 movie cash for Little Fockers.

Role Models - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042KPS6K?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0042KPS6K
Knocked Up - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042KPS3I?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0042KPS3I
Baby Mama - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042KPS1K?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0042KPS1K
Forgetting Sarah Marshall - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042KPS2E?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0042KPS2E
The 40 Year Old Virgin - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042KPS74?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0042KPS74

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Synapse has officially announced to DVD Drive-In that they will be releasing the Hammer Horror classic VAMPIRE CIRCUS at the end of 2010 as a Blu-Ray + DVD Combo Pack. This is the first time that the film has officially been available on disc in North America, and in stunning High-Definition. The SRP is $29.95. TWINS OF EVIL and HANDS OF THE RIPPER will be announced in the coming months for release some time in 2011. Here are the full details -- Blu-Ray Specifications: VIDEO: High-Definition 1080p Widescreen (1.66:1) Presentation / AVC Codec; AUDIO: DTS-HD MA English 2.0 Mono / DTS-HD MA Music & Effects Track; SUBTITLES: English for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. DVD Specifications: VIDEO: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.66:1) Presentation; AUDIO: Dolby Digital English 2.0 Mono / Dolby Digital Music & Effects Track; SUBTITLES: English for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.

Blood-Curdling Special Features Include: THE BLOODIEST SHOW ON EARTH: “Making Vampire Circus” - An all-new documentary featuring interviews with writer/director Joe Dante, Hammer documentarian Ted Newsom, Video Watchdog editor/author Tim Lucas, author/film historian Philip Nutman and actor David Prowse; GALLERY OF GROTESQUERIES: A Brief History of Circus Horrors - A retrospective on circus/carnival themed horror productions; VISITING THE HOUSE OF HAMMER: “Britain's Legendary Horror Magazine” - A retrospective on the popular British horror/comic publication featuring author Philip Nutman; VAMPIRE CIRCUS: Interactive Comic Book" - Featuring artwork by Brian Bolland; Poster And Stills Gallery; Original Theatrical Trailer. The extras were produced by Daniel Griffith of Ballyhoo Motion Pictures.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
HDroom says The Incredibles will be out Spring 2011 as a blu/dvd combo pack. Also, they have an early Disney mock-up of the packaging.

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Blu-ray-Release-Date-Rumors-Salt-The-Incredibles-and-More/7449

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

doctor thodt posted:

THE BLOODIEST SHOW ON EARTH: “Making Vampire Circus” - An all-new documentary featuring interviews with writer/director Joe Dante...

This made me think Joe Dante directed Vampire Circus, which blew my mind for about two seconds.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

doctor thodt posted:

Awesome! Finally Synapse releasing Blu-rays. Crossing my fingers for a Brain Damage Blu release.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Did anyone else buy the single Lord of the Rings movies from Amazon? I got them last night, and upon checking today, Fellowship and Towers both lack the special features disc (Return has the proper disc, thankfully). Instead, both have digital copies, but no code to redeem/activate it. Amazon was no help to me in figuring out if other copies have this, they're just going to send me a replacement and hope that works out. Has this happened to anyone else?

I already own them on dvd, so popping those discs out and putting them in the blu case isn't an issue, but if this is widespread then Warner has hosed up pretty bad, as nobody who orders from Amazon is getting any special features unless they buy the combo packs at Wal-Mart.

Space_Butler fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 17, 2010

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is the $10 movie cash the only difference?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

doctor thodt posted:

If this is region free i am totally importing it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

doctor thodt posted:

So are they going to start releasing all the Hammer films on blu ray?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
StudioCanal managed to not gently caress up on Mulholland Drive, they get a sticker.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

OldSenileGuy posted:

If this is region free i am totally importing it.
If this is anything to go by, then yeah it probably is.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

StudioCanal managed to not gently caress up on Mulholland Drive, they get a sticker.

Sticker revoked. No breasts in that review.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Harlock posted:

I haven't read anything suggesting that anything has been added besides the movie cash.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Delicatessen looks great too.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Space_Butler posted:

HDroom says The Incredibles will be out Spring 2011 as a blu/dvd combo pack. Also, they have an early Disney mock-up of the packaging.

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Blu-ray-Release-Date-Rumors-Salt-The-Incredibles-and-More/7449

:aaaaa:
This just made me so giddy.

Volcasarus ReX
Apr 1, 2010

Harlock posted:

I was curious as well as to why they are re-releasing all of these comedies again. Role Models and Funny People have not even been out long enough to justify two bluray releases.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
More on the Avatar SE. The highlights:

quote:

Deleted Scenes – Never Before Seen
68 minutes

USER’S GUIDE FOR VIEWING AVATAR SCENES WITH UNFINISHED SHOTS
3 minutes

The Night Before Avatar
5 minutes

Production Shorts - Sculpting Avatar, The Amp Suit, Na’vi Costumes, Speaking Na’Vi and Pandora Flora
27 minutes

Brother Termite test footage
2 minutes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Should we assume that a lot of those deleted scenes are unfinished?

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

Any time you see Delekhan post, make this face and tell him how much he owns.
King Kong reviewed

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

doctor thodt posted:

More on the Avatar SE. The highlights:

68 minutes? Holy poo poo.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even more stuff for Avatar:

quote:

EDITING AVATAR - 6m 58s

AVATAR - PRODUCTION MATERIALS - 77m 44s

(THE ART REEL)
(THE ILM PROTOTYPE W/ PIP)
(THE ILM PROTOTYPE)
(SAM WORTHINGTON AUDITION)
(SAM WORTHINGTON SCREEN TEST #1)
(SAM WORTHINGTON SCREEN TEST #2)
(SCREEN TEST: ZOE SALDANA)
(ZOE'S LIFE CAST)
(JAMES CAMERON SPEECH)
(ILM VFX PROGRESSION)
(FRAME STORE VFX PROGRESSION)
([HY*DRAU"LUX] VFX PROGRESSION)
(HYBRIDE VFX PROGRESSION)
(PRIME FOCUS VFX PROGRESSION)
(LOOK EFFECTS VFX PROGRESSION)
(SOUND DESIGN)
(ZOE AND SAM EDITED SCREEN TEST)
(ZOE AND SAM DUAL SCREEN TEST)
(ZOE AND SAM FINAL SCREEN TEST)
(SCREEN TEST: STEPHEN LANG)

AVATAR - PRODUCTION SHORTS 2 - 45m 30s

UNTITLED
(PERFORMANCE CAPTURE)
(THE 3D FUSION CAMERA)
(SCORING AVATAR)
(VIRTUAL CAMERA)
(THE SIMUL-CAM)
(CREATING THE THANATOR)
(CREATING THE BANSHEE)
(FLYING VEHICLES)

AVATAR - PRODUCTION SHORTS - THE HAKA: THE SPIRIT OF NEW ZEALAND - 5m 17s

AVATAR - 3D PREVIEW - PANDORA DISCOVERED - 7m 43s

00:03:51:14 (AVATAR - 3D PREVIEW - PANDORA DISCOVERED - LEFT EYE)
00:03:51:13 (AVATAR - 3D PREVIEW - PANDORA DISCOVERED - RIGHT EYE)

This bitch is LOADED

I said come in! posted:

Should we assume that a lot of those deleted scenes are unfinished?

If they need a 3 minute tutorial on how to watch them then yeah I'd say so.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Now THAT is a loving "Ultimate Edition."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah pretty much. I can't wait for that to come out.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Return of the Living Dead

:thumbsup:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

hitze posted:

If this is anything to go by, then yeah it probably is.

Yeah, but I still won't be able to play any special features that are in SD, correct?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Amazing Tarman kills in HD.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

OldSenileGuy posted:

Yeah, but I still won't be able to play any special features that are in SD, correct?

Major studios have not been using PAL on Blu-ray. All PAL territories are NTSC friendly now, so there's simply no need to - NTSC SD special features work in all territories the major studios distribute in. The only BDs you'll run into PAL-related issues with are ones from region B-exclusive studios (i.e. small European / Australian studios) like Momentum, Optimum, etc.

My guess? The UK Back To The Future BDs will be carbon copies of the US ones, maybe differing in a few dub / sub options.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Tony Danza Claus posted:

I hope it's the original version I have on VHS and not the MGM DVD version that shortens a lot of scenes with music and has rerecorded dialogue from some zombies (including Tarman) for some reason. Biggest disappointment ever that makes me pull out my 24 year old videotape if I want to watch it.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

You Are A Elf posted:

I hope it's the original version I have on VHS and not the MGM DVD version that shortens a lot of scenes with music and has rerecorded dialogue from some zombies (including Tarman) for some reason. Biggest disappointment ever that makes me pull out my 24 year old videotape if I want to watch it.

Might want to hold on to that VHS tape.

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000

You Are A Elf posted:

But the MGM DVD has Zombie subtitles!

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

Has anybody seen Human Target that can comment on whether the Blu-Ray coming out Tuesday is worth checking out?

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Bambi posted:

Has anybody seen Human Target that can comment on whether the Blu-Ray coming out Tuesday is worth checking out?
Every episode is like a mini-movie, with radically different locations and tones every show. Bear McCreary's epic soundtrack helps this immensely, but the writing is top notch, and the action is well above the norm for network tv.

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

That sounds like a ringing endorsement. Thanks!

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Twilight Zone Season 1 is on sale for $58.27 at gohastings.com. After a 20% off coupon (WIN0910) it came to about $51 shipped for me. Best price I've seen on this so far.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Le Cercle Rouge reviewed
The Darjeeling Limited reviewed. Looks like there's a glitch on this one that may warrant a new pressing.
The Return of the Living Dead reviewed x2

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

doctor thodt posted:

The Darjeeling Limited reviewed. Looks like there's a glitch on this one that may warrant a new pressing.

That's not a glitch, it's on the DVD too. It's light reflecting off the lens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh, well then, that'll teach me to trust Dr. Svet implicitly v:shobon:v

• Locked thread