Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
I'm just happy that the Han impersonation was so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellsy
May 8, 2005
enjoy badger bleeding
That was awesome! They really should of done a season, But you know i guess that would be asking too much.

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

We are Fulham, super Fulham, we are Fulham, fuck Ch*lsea.

Pththya-lyi posted:

If you really want to sperg, recall that neither Han, Leia, nor Chewie required protection from decompression while they walked around inside that giant space slug in Empire. See also the TV Tropes article Batman Can Breathe In Space.

It was a big asteroid so it would be reasonable to think it held enough atmosphere to avoid needing a spacesuit. Or something.

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

Otterspace posted:

I'm just happy that the Han impersonation was so good.

On the subject of Han Solo impersonations

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

DougieFFC posted:

On the subject of Han Solo impersonations

:aaaaa:

...Is that guy (2:10) supposed to be Chewbacca?

:barf:

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

...Is that guy (2:10) supposed to be Chewbacca?

Hey, it's a high school musical.

Edit: Maybe you'll prefer this. I unironically think it is awesome.

DougieFFC fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 19, 2010

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

DougieFFC posted:

Hey, it's a high school musical.

Maybe you'll prefer this. I unironically think it is awesome.
Better than any of the poo poo I ended up seeing in high school.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Watching that Han Solo animation reminds me of this fan-made "trailer" that came out a few years ago just prior to Celebration IV and had a lot of people wondering if it was a leaked official trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAPDje3onJo

And actually watching both the Han Solo and New Republic animations made me realize how big of an idiot Lucas was for making a Star Wars cartoon centered around the prequels rather than the original trilogy. It really makes me sad how almost everything Lucasfilm has done over the past 11 years has been either:

1) Trying to convince people the prequels are actually good movies
2) Trying to convert the rest of Star Wars into the prequels

I mean - do you think this is just a cash cow reason, or does Lucas actually think the prequels are the better Star Wars movies?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Chairman Capone posted:

Watching that Han Solo animation reminds me of this fan-made "trailer" that came out a few years ago just prior to Celebration IV and had a lot of people wondering if it was a leaked official trailer:

And actually watching both the Han Solo and New Republic animations made me realize how big of an idiot Lucas was for making a Star Wars cartoon centered around the prequels rather than the original trilogy. It really makes me sad how almost everything Lucasfilm has done over the past 11 years has been either:

I mean - do you think this is just a cash cow reason, or does Lucas actually think the prequels are the better Star Wars movies?
That is also awesome. I'd love to see the day to day dealings of the later Rebellion/New Republic in a weekly science fiction show.

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

I think the criticism has made him even more stubborn. Like the pope.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

DougieFFC posted:

It was a big asteroid so it would be reasonable to think it held enough atmosphere to avoid needing a spacesuit. Or something.

The gundarks flying around outside would agree.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chairman Capone posted:

Oh that is loving awesome. Why can't we have nice things like this?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I would kill for a Rogue Squadron series.

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

From everything I've read, the prequels are star wars as Lucas wanted it to be. On ANH and ESB he had to compromise and collaborate. Jedi was more in line with what he wanted, but the PT is pure Lucas..

Hemp Knight fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 19, 2010

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

Hemp Knight posted:

From everything I've read, the prequels are star wars as Lucas wanted it to be. On ANH and ESB he had to compromise and collaborate. Jedi was more in line with what he wanted, but the PT is pure Lucas..

There's a really excellent fan-made documentary called that shows examples of the original edit of the first film and just how close it was to being a shambles. I'm annoyed I can't remember its name but I have it somewhere and might try to dig it out.
The trench run climactic ending was particularly reworked. In the original script, the sequence of events goes:

"I have you now" ----> Millennium Falcon to the recue -----> Luke flying down the trench ----> "use the Force Luke" ----> targeting computer off, boom

That would've completely ruined the sense of urgency you see in the final cut.

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004
Yeah, I heard about the original version of the Death Star attack being a lot less tense as there was no race against time to destroy the Death Star before it could fire at the Rebel base.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

The gundarks flying around outside would agree.

Mynocks :eng101:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Wasn't the live action series supposed to be set closer to the OT? Maybe that's why it still hasn't happened...

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

Wasn't the live action series supposed to be set closer to the OT? Maybe that's why it still hasn't happened...

I think it's in limbo at the moment because of production overheads etc. Another reason Lucas prefers CGI to live actors and sets. Because he's loving lazy.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

They should make an OT adventure series starring ROTJ's fat sixtits as one of the main characters just to see how many toys of her they could sell.

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Kingtheninja posted:

I would love a series that was set in the galactic civil war and followed around a bunch of people who weren't even mentioned in the OT. I want to see how average dudes are affected by the war -- aside from about 30 minutes in ANH and maybe a little bit on Bespin, we never see either the Empire or the Alliance interacting with civilians.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm sure as soon as Lucas is dead that's the first thing we'll see from LucasFilmLimited.

...You know what to do.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
Swing hard to break the bones?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

And yet on the other hand the super-deformed animated "Squishies" comedy series is in production. What a wonderful world we live in.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Big Mean Jerk posted:

gently caress the gently caress yeah. It would at least come close to redeeming the franchise after the goddamn prequels.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is it accurate to say that George Lucas is basically the Al Davis of the film industry? Why won't he just die already.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
Sometimes I think Lucas does these things because he's a bitter old man. Then I realize he has every right to be bitter when the super-fans of his creation are wishing death upon him.

:ssh: I don't really think you guys are being serious, I'm just saying

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fledgling Gulps posted:

Sometimes I think Lucas does these things because he's a bitter old man. Then I realize he has every right to be bitter when the super-fans of his creation are wishing death upon him.

:ssh: I don't really think you guys are being serious, I'm just saying

Well if he didn't act like a complete psycho then maybe us sperglord nerds wouldn't wish harm upon him. :colbert:

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Fledgling Gulps posted:

That's probably why he gave Jar-Jar the final spoken line in the entire 6 movie franchise at the end of ROTJ special edition.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Just because he can't write, barely direct and had to adopt his kids because his wife left him doesn't mean he can Jar Jar us.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Mister Roboto posted:

That's probably why he gave Jar-Jar the final spoken line in the entire 6 movie franchise at the end of ROTJ special edition.

This is actually awesome.

T-1000
Mar 28, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

Oh, if only.

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

T-1000 posted:

Oh, if only.

Seeing that Lambda-class shuttle with an Alliance symbol on it almost gave me chills.

It didn't, cause that would be humiliating cause I got over the Star Wars obsession when I was like fifteen, but you know. It was cool.

VVV no my point was that I DID like it.

orange lime fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Sep 20, 2010

Clemen
Jul 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

orange lime posted:

Seeing that Lambda-class shuttle with an Alliance symbol on it almost gave me chills.

It didn't, cause that would be humiliating cause I got over the Star Wars obsession when I was like fifteen, but you know. It was cool.

If you didnt like that in a lot of the EU the Alliance has captured Imperial Star Destroyers.

hellsy
May 8, 2005
enjoy badger bleeding

Clemen posted:

If you didnt like that in a lot of the EU the Alliance has captured Imperial Star Destroyers.

Captured and lost, Lando can't fly for poo poo.

They were doing good cgi and storties back in 1995 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlfa80cHy48 sigh shadows of the empire was so good.

hellsy fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Sep 20, 2010

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Mister Roboto posted:

Wait what? I can't find this on Youtube. Did he actually do this?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Duckman2008 posted:

Wait what? I can't find this on Youtube. Did he actually do this?

In the "remastered" ROTJ after the second Death Star explodes and they do the Ewok bonfire stuff it goes through a montage of celebrations on different plants seen in the movies. On Naboo you can clearly hear a gungan screaming "WEESA FREE!!!!!" making that the final spoken line in the entire 6 movies.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

arioch posted:

In the "remastered" ROTJ after the second Death Star explodes and they do the Ewok bonfire stuff it goes through a montage of celebrations on different plants seen in the movies. On Naboo you can clearly hear a gungan screaming "WEESA FREE!!!!!" making that the final spoken line in the entire 6 movies.

The final Basic languange line.

Chewbacca gets final audible lines. :colbert:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
That ending made no sense, I'm sure only a tiny bit of Tatooine is under Imperial control, nobody would give a gently caress on Naboo and as for Imperial Center lets just say that when Hitler shot himself in Berlin people didn't exactly kick everyones doors down and have a retarded street party.

The last one was so embarassing the EU had to have the Empire massacare the poo poo out of those idiots apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

SeanBeansShako posted:

The last one was so embarassing the EU had to have the Empire massacare the poo poo out of those idiots apparently.

At least that's one element of the EU that can be remembered fondly. :allears: