Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Shanty posted:

It worries me that Fancy Mark Clancy is wearing the exact same medallion as Ray. No wonder Ramses is always down on the boy.

Ramses slew Clancy, took the magical Incan medallion, and gave it to his son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

Phy posted:

Tomorrow's recipe is chicken

Who ate Ray's dang nachos?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Doc Faustus posted:

Who ate Ray's dang nachos?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Achewood Thread 13: Todd ate Ray's dang nachos COME ON PEOPLE WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS ALREADY

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Its kinda funny that the dude has totally dropped the ball on all of his "makes me money" Achewood projects for so long now, much less the general neglect the strip has fallen into.

Makes you wonder if the dude's got a real job elsewhere now or a new project and hasn't the heart yet to cut the cord, although all those outstanding preorders on things probably creates problems.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

say no to bats posted:

Its kinda funny that the dude has totally dropped the ball on all of his "makes me money" Achewood projects for so long now, much less the general neglect the strip has fallen into.

Makes you wonder if the dude's got a real job elsewhere now or a new project and hasn't the heart yet to cut the cord, although all those outstanding preorders on things probably creates problems.

I just want a THE DUDE HAS GOT NO MERCY t-shirt, but I can't justify myself spending a shitload on a shirt and shipping charges.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just want customer service to get back to me about that apron I ordered... :sigh:

1 Side of the 0
Jan 28, 2005

Hyper Viper Beam? No, this is just a gun. It shoots holes in people. Bang.
"We return Monday afternoon. Thank you for keeping us in your RSS feed."

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ehhh, what's one more week?

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Happy Hippo posted:

The strips are almost always brilliant but god drat, we've been waiting forfuckingever to find out what's up with T and the cock that might be in his mouth.

Teodor is providing Full Amazement.

RocketMermaid fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 21, 2010

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug

Ubik posted:

Teodor is providing Full Amazement.

Maybe he's receiving a commodore.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES
This is still, in my opinion, the most awful heartwrenching strip:

And the strip with the best use of the English language:

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Sep 22, 2010

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
This reminds me that 'placid afternoons of unhurried buggery' was my 'I am not at work but available to chat' IM status for quite a while. Might be time to take it out for another spin.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Wootcannon posted:

I still think the most heartwrenching strip was the final North Korean magic realism one. Poor Lee, forcing Todd to leave him to be punished out of some brainwashed loyalty to the government... :smith:

Edit: Or the strip right after that one. "He has, in coffee shops, thought through a graceful way to guide his forehead to the tabletop. He sometimes practices it alone in the morning."

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 22, 2010

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Wootcannon posted:

Why does it wrench your heart that Ray pays attention and takes care of his people?

I would also like to ask: Nice Pete's fried chicken recipe specifies 'Deep cast iron pot, at least 6 quarts in capacity.' I have a pot of that capacity, but it is wrought of aluminium (with a non-stick coating). Do you think I could still successfully make the recipe using such a vessel, or is it doomed before I begin?

Dove from Above fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Sep 22, 2010

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES

Dove from Above posted:

Why does it wrench your heart that Ray pays attention and takes care of his people?

I would manage to link the wrong one.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dove from Above posted:

I would also like to ask: Nice Pete's fried chicken recipe specifies 'Deep cast iron pot, at least 6 quarts in capacity.' I have a pot of that capacity, but it is wrought of aluminium (with a non-stick coating). Do you think I could still successfully make the recipe using such a vessel, or is it doomed before I begin?

I don't think you'd want to deep fat fry in a non-stick pan. It requires enough heat that you're likely to gently caress up the coating and/or get teflon in your food.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

I don't think you'd want to deep fat fry in a non-stick pan. It requires enough heat that you're likely to gently caress up the coating and/or get teflon in your food.

Thank you!

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
New strip is up, et all. Much like Onstad as of late, I am too lazy to properly do procedures with a hyperlink and sirens.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
In the commentary accompanying her centerfold appearance, Verkaik credits the considerable shock absorbing capacity of her breasts with saving her life, cushioning the impact when a Volkswagen Bus fell off a jack while she was working beneath it.

Good heavens.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

For a second I got Rita Hayworth and Rita Rudner mixed up and I got REAL CONFUSED.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Lone Goat posted:

For a second I got Rita Hayworth and Rita Rudner mixed up and I got REAL CONFUSED.

That mental image can't take you anywhere but into a very dark place. Be careful.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I'm definitely one to prefer a "When it's done" update schedule to "every MWF no matter how much it needs to not go out", but, too long, too long.

quote:

Posting a comic after two weeks of silence is like trying to impress your parents by punching a stranger.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

Deathlove posted:

I'm definitely one to prefer a "When it's done" update schedule to "every MWF no matter how much it needs to not go out", but, too long, too long.

I was just coming to post that twitter... tweet... whatever... I just can't stay mad at Onstad with comments like that.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

:siren: New Strip! :siren:

Edit: It appears I was beaten, but I just wanted to do the sirens and such.

JHomer722 fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 23, 2010

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
I'm glad the alt text explains what is going on in panels 13-20.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Nam! Nam! Nam! Nam! Koodge!

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

JHomer722 posted:

:siren: New Strip! :siren:

Edit: It appears I was beaten, but I just wanted to do the sirens and such.

Your link is broken too :ssh:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Cobweb Heart posted:

Nam! Nam! Nam! Nam! Koodge!

Pretty sure KOODGE was also the sound of Little Nephew's demise at the hands of Iorwerth.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Pretty sure KOODGE was also the sound of Little Nephew's demise at the hands of Iorwerth.

It's also the sound of an external combustion engine.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Howard Beale posted:

That mental image can't take you anywhere but into a very dark place. Be careful.

I mostly remember Rita Rudner from her 80s stand up and if you ignore the ridiculous hair she was pretty cute for a lady in her late-30s.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That LOOK that Lincoln gives the dog is amazing. The President isn't putting up with that poo poo.

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
gently caress Yeah, Lincoln kicking rear end is always a winner!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I prefer this entry on Petra Verkaik (:nws: of course)

It's the perfect database for the Breast Man in all of us.

Now, you'll excuse me while I go out and pick up some Nachos Galacticos from Taco Bell.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

'Neck-breathing earth gypsy' is an insult bordering on the Captain Haddock level of virtuosity. I enjoyed it a lot.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What's the deal with putting hot food in the refrigerator? It seems like it would be a bad thing to do, but I can't explain why.

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello
Poor Emeril :(

Mithridate
Oct 23, 2004

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

Somberbrero posted:

What's the deal with putting hot food in the refrigerator? It seems like it would be a bad thing to do, but I can't explain why.

I warms up everything around it in the refrigerator. The things that you want to stay cold.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

SebAndSeb posted:

Poor Emeril :(

Oh like you'd want him on your bed

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?

Dove from Above posted:

'Neck-breathing earth gypsy' is an insult bordering on the Captain Haddock level of virtuosity. I enjoyed it a lot.

Haha wow, I just sort of said it out loud along with a "blistering barnacles!" and had a pretty good laugh. Ray and the Captain would get along pretty well, I'd imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had a dream that I received a full-color Achewood print in the mail.

It started started with one b&w panel then slowly unfolded to be about three or four feet long and over a foot wide with the characters down in hell with colorized flames all around them.

A swath of regret hit me when I'd been up for about half an hour and remembered it was only a dream.

I shouldn't read Clark Ashton Smith stories before bed...