Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Yes, enjoy your 135. You want an extra car or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
^^^ Yep, just enjoy the 135i

doogle posted:

Is it a retarded idea to buy this m3? I currently have a 135i as my DD. I talked him down to 4000, I'm pretty sure that is as low as he will go.

Are these cars seriously only worth this much? My god, if I only knew that before dumping all this money into my beloved E30!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

two_beer_bishes posted:

Are these cars seriously only worth this much? My god, if I only knew that before dumping all this money into my beloved E30!

Blasphemy. Take it from a guy who's driven both an S50 E36 and a M20 E30. The E30 is the better driver's car.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Beach Bum posted:

Blasphemy. Take it from a guy who's driven both an S50 E36 and a M20 E30. The E30 is the better driver's car.

My brother has an S52 E36 M3 and I do have a lot more fun driving my (M20) car but I absolutely love the S52 engine!

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

Nitr0 posted:

HPFP is now on 100,000 mile warranty.

Yeah, it just one of the many things to watch out for on the car was my point, especially on a completely new design and setup for BMW.

If the car was a 328i I would not worry about a CPO because it's a standard design for them, not a first year market entry for a motor.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

two_beer_bishes posted:

My brother has an S52 E36 M3 and I do have a lot more fun driving my (M20) car but I absolutely love the S52 engine!

That's why the best of both worlds is a 24-valve motor in an E30 chassis.

(My dream car is an S54 in an E30)

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Beach Bum posted:

That's why the best of both worlds is a 24-valve motor in an E30 chassis.

(My dream car is an S54 in an E30)

Someone here has actually done this or something similar (can't remember if he used a M52 or a S50). Search for Angry German Go-Kart.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
Is it about time that leased 07s should come back or are they already here? Not sure if I should hurry my purchase and settle for a non perfext or wait till more cars get dumped to the market.

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

washow posted:

Is it about time that leased 07s should come back or are they already here? Not sure if I should hurry my purchase and settle for a non perfext or wait till more cars get dumped to the market.

Most 07s are coming off lease if they were a late 06 build or early 07 build date.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I must say, the concept for the new 6-series is so much better than the current one.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

rscott posted:

Someone here has actually done this or something similar (can't remember if he used a M52 or a S50). Search for Angry German Go-Kart.

Oh, I know it's been done, but the costs for the engine management to control the S54's dual VANOS are outrageous. Actually getting the motor in the car with a 6 speed and doing all the necessary reinforcements is cheap by comparison (We're talking thousands of dollars for a Motec ECU system)

He probably used an OBD1 S52 for maximum power with minimum ECU bullshit.

There's also the guy that tube-framed his E30 and dropped some ridiculous motor into it, V8-V10-V12, something like that. Weighs like 2000lbs wet.

Then there's Jordan, who has a supercharged S52 in his white E30 with some fuckin sick gold center/polished lip wide rear end (like 9" or something stupid) BBS's, he used to blow up Getrag 240's every three months or something before going 6 speed because he liked the gear ratios better than the 260. Guy has a reputation for being a jerk, but I've always admired his work.

If you're an E30 guy and you're not on R3vLimited or E30Tech (Even though Chris at E30T is a bitch about registering new accounts in a timely manner) you're just wrong.

Also, I don't know if I found this here, and it may only be like a 5 page repost, but it deserves to be posted again anyhow.

"E30 M3 minor rust repair"

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 20, 2010

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

CornHolio posted:

I must say, the concept for the new 6-series is so much better than the current one.

They are borrowing from Aston Martin, which is a good good thing.

They really dumped all the goofyness of the 5-6-7 series with the newer versions starting with the 2007 750i. No more really obvious and annoying Dame Edna eyebrows and backpack trunk lids and tail lights that looked like they belong on a different car altogether. Subaru tail lights on the E60-5, Dodge tail lights on the E63-6 (or whatever it is) and god knows what on the original E65-7.

I am still not a fan of the over-eyebrow headlights but it's a major improvement and light years beyond the original ugly rear end ones that came on these cars. I personally like the changes back to the "one snausage, different sizes" boring-ness.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

routenull0 posted:

Most 07s are coming off lease if they were a late 06 build or early 07 build date.

Yeah? I've been told that I should buy one that's built after mar/07 so I'll have to start looking out for them.

doogle
May 24, 2003

some of the early non-sport 335s didn't have the secondary oil cooler in '07, so if you are looking at one of those make sure you get the sport package. The n54 runs really hot and without it you can go into limp mode on a stock car while driving it hard.

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

doogle posted:

some of the early non-sport 335s didn't have the secondary oil cooler in '07, so if you are looking at one of those make sure you get the sport package. The n54 runs really hot and without it you can go into limp mode on a stock car while driving it hard.

Some 07-08 Sport Auto cars did not get the external oil cooler and BMWNA has stopped the retrofit earlier this year :(

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue
I put the BMS DCI on my car tonight and while I saw all the installed pictures prior to buying, I honestly thought I could live with it, but after installing it, I can tell I am going to hate it and want the aFE setup. Oh well, lesson learned.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Car: 1997 328i, ~189k miles.

I've noticed my handling has felt a bit 'off,' so I looked under my car and saw this:

That's the passenger-side rear shock, which is ~30k miles old. It looks like it's at a funny angle compared to the driver's side.

Do you guys agree? If it is cocked funny, would it be the shock or the whatever-it's-called-that-it-bolts-to? edit: after looking at some older pictures, I really don't know if it's bent or not.

I don't remember hitting any curbs or anything but the potholes are so bad around here sometimes that I wouldn't be surprised if that bent it.

Where the shock bolts to the subframe looks fine.

Also, while I was putting the wheel back on the car rolled off of the jack and I bent my dustshield :( I bent it back though and it's not rubbing but still, that sucked.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 21, 2010

washow
Dec 1, 2007

routenull0 posted:

I put the BMS DCI on my car tonight and while I saw all the installed pictures prior to buying, I honestly thought I could live with it, but after installing it, I can tell I am going to hate it and want the aFE setup. Oh well, lesson learned.

What's wrong with it? Heard a lot of good things because of the cost

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

washow posted:

What's wrong with it? Heard a lot of good things because of the cost

I am sure performance wise it is great, it just LOOKS like poo poo. :)

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Bought my first BMW today! Its a 1993 525i with just under 100k on it. Paid $2500. Its been a surreal day.

Some highlights
- The seller (named Klaus no less) owns a vineyard and is stupidly rich. He owns 16 cars including strange old Datsuns, a classic Saab 900 and an old M3 that was being prepped for racing.
- He has a personal on-site mechanic that may have actually been Jeff Brydges playing "the dude"

The good
- The car has had an absurd amount of preventative maintenance done because that is apparently Jeff's job. Clutch done last year, entire cooling system, water pump, tensioners, entire front suspension. The driveline is perfect.
- The interior is like a museum piece. Its crazy how nice it is.
- Jeff Brydges put M3 rims on it. M3 rims look awesome on an E34.
- All the electronics/electrics work. On board computer, every pixel, every power option.
- Comes with new winter tires on the original rims!
- Compression is perfect across all cylinders
- All genuine BMW parts for all repairs!

The Bad
- All four doors are dying of classic E34 rust cancer
- One of the fenders has also succumbed to rust at the bottom
- Various dings, dents and scratches. Chips on the hood paint.
- Some sort of vibration that starts at exactly 60mph and goes away around 70mph. I suspect the M3 rims need balancing.
- The gearshift knob sometimes pulls off in my hand :(
- The exhaust sounds loving awesome but also drones like crazy on the highway. I suspect its an aftermarket of some type.
- Klaus was pretty broken up about selling it. It was his first BMW :(

I've only had it for today but I can't stop driving it. What a great car.

Edit: Looks like the original owner opted for the winter package with the LSD and heated sport seats! :banjo:

8ender fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 21, 2010

washow
Dec 1, 2007

routenull0 posted:

I am sure performance wise it is great, it just LOOKS like poo poo. :)

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Welp I mean I do agree that aFe DCI looks cooler but $90 vs $350 and very similar performance... eehhhhh... 90 bucks

BTW is Procede much better than JB3+? Why does it cost double of JB3? Also do you have to uninstall that poo poo every time you take it to the dealership?

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl
So I kind of really love the look of the 2-door E30s. I'm looking on eBay and am quite astonished at how cheap some of them are. Not looking for any kind of special edition or a big engine -- the 1.8l would honestly be fine. What's a reasonable price/things to look out for/good years if I'm looking into getting one of these cars?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

orange lime posted:

So I kind of really love the look of the 2-door E30s. I'm looking on eBay and am quite astonished at how cheap some of them are. Not looking for any kind of special edition or a big engine -- the 1.8l would honestly be fine. What's a reasonable price/things to look out for/good years if I'm looking into getting one of these cars?

Dammit, don't you want a 4 door? It's even a 1.8l M42. Black. Manual. $3500.

On the 325s, make sure the timing belt has been changed within the last 5 years/60,000m, cooling system, guibo is in good shape (rubber disc between the trans and driveshaft), no rust, check under the valvecover for carbon deposit levels and to make sure that the oil doesnt look like milkshake. I fetched mine with suspension and wheels for ~$4k, and it's a higher end example of a 325is.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

8ender posted:

The Bad
- Some sort of vibration that starts at exactly 60mph and goes away around 70mph. I suspect the M3 rims need balancing.
- The exhaust sounds loving awesome but also drones like crazy on the highway. I suspect its an aftermarket of some type.

The vibration could be the guibo disc or the tires, I would start by just swapping over to winter tires and see how it feels.

The gearknob is held just by friction. Push it into place, set transmission into neutral and then just give the knob a good hard smack straight down, and it should stick. If it doesn't, get a new one.

The exhaust is guaranteed an aftermarket one, because they should be really quiet when stock.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

8ender posted:

The Bad

Edit: Looks like the original owner opted for the winter package with the LSD and heated sport seats! :banjo:

This sounds like an utterly splendid purchase. Do you have any experience fixing rust? I imagine Canada as a whole is pretty much full of people who can chop and weld in new body work, so even if you don't, it shouldn't be THAT expensive to get it fixed and repainted. If you put in that little bit of extra money, you'll have a charming, classy car you can be absolutely proud of for the next decade, then you can sell it for more than your purchase price.

evobatman posted:

The gearknob is held just by friction. Push it into place, set transmission into neutral and then just give the knob a good hard smack straight down, and it should stick. If it doesn't, get a new one.

Alternately, a couple of layers of electrical tape around the shifter and it will fit snugly again.

Sterndotstern fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 21, 2010

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

8ender posted:

Bought my first BMW today! Its a 1993 525i with just under 100k on it. Paid $2500. Its been a surreal day.

Some highlights
- The seller (named Klaus no less) owns a vineyard and is stupidly rich. He owns 16 cars including strange old Datsuns, a classic Saab 900 and an old M3 that was being prepped for racing.
- He has a personal on-site mechanic that may have actually been Jeff Brydges playing "the dude"

The good
- The car has had an absurd amount of preventative maintenance done because that is apparently Jeff's job. Clutch done last year, entire cooling system, water pump, tensioners, entire front suspension. The driveline is perfect.
- The interior is like a museum piece. Its crazy how nice it is.
- Jeff Brydges put M3 rims on it. M3 rims look awesome on an E34.
- All the electronics/electrics work. On board computer, every pixel, every power option.
- Comes with new winter tires on the original rims!
- Compression is perfect across all cylinders
- All genuine BMW parts for all repairs!

The Bad

I was going to post some stuff about that first 525 you looked at, but I guess you rushed out! I'm an E34 owner and fan too, welcome to the club.

As to some of your specific problems:

quote:

Welcome to the E34 club, in the bad sense :(. This is a classic E34 problem, and can be a bitch to diagnose. TYPICALLY it is one of the following:

- Wheels need balancing - in rare cases it could also be one or more tires and/or one or more wheels that are busted/dented and need replacement. The easiest way to check this is to slap another set of wheels on and see it if changes/helps.
- Lower control arms. Check for play, but replace if it isn't the wheels, because you can't always feel the play.

But it could also be stuff like the upper control arms, wheel bearings, tie rods, and lots of other stuff, drive shaft components, etc. But check these two first.

quote:

The shift knob is just pushed down, hard, onto the gearshift metal, with heavy friction keeping it in place. The plastic inside the knob that holds it is probably broken, get a new knob. I recommend buying a brand new, nice leather knob from BMW, it's a bit expensive ($80?), but nothing beats the feeling of a brand new leather knob to shift with.

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

washow posted:

Welp I mean I do agree that aFe DCI looks cooler but $90 vs $350 and very similar performance... eehhhhh... 90 bucks

BTW is Procede much better than JB3+? Why does it cost double of JB3? Also do you have to uninstall that poo poo every time you take it to the dealership?

Yeah I guess I am just picky, we'll see over the next few days, maybe it will grow on me. These DCI kits just seem like they are lacking in stability, stuffs just kind of hanging there, bouncing around.

As far as PROcede vs JB3+, it usually comes down to personal preference. PROcede is into the whole auto-tuning thing, but coming from the DSM world and the history Vishu has, it is really hard for me to accept anything from him, but everyone in the BMW world swears by his stuff.

Both require removal prior to dealer visit as soon as they see it, they will void all warranty as you have messed with the DME. That is the main reason I currently went with the JB+, as it is just a plug-n-play device on a sensor. Not nearly as extensive of a device like a JB3 or PROcede, but it will hold me over until I decide I want to go further. I guess that was part of the main reason I went with the DCI kit as well, its rather quick install, to an extent, in case I ever have to visit the dealer, I can swap it out so I don't get hassled.

doogle
May 24, 2003

routenull0 posted:

Yeah I guess I am just picky, we'll see over the next few days, maybe it will grow on me. These DCI kits just seem like they are lacking in stability, stuffs just kind of hanging there, bouncing around.

As far as PROcede vs JB3+, it usually comes down to personal preference. PROcede is into the whole auto-tuning thing, but coming from the DSM world and the history Vishu has, it is really hard for me to accept anything from him, but everyone in the BMW world swears by his stuff.

Both require removal prior to dealer visit as soon as they see it, they will void all warranty as you have messed with the DME. That is the main reason I currently went with the JB+, as it is just a plug-n-play device on a sensor. Not nearly as extensive of a device like a JB3 or PROcede, but it will hold me over until I decide I want to go further. I guess that was part of the main reason I went with the DCI kit as well, its rather quick install, to an extent, in case I ever have to visit the dealer, I can swap it out so I don't get hassled.

PROcede and JB3 have drat near the same performance numbers, PROcede just has more gadgets at the moment. I think the new JB3 board is supposed to come out soon which has more features, like code clearing which the PROcede already has. If you look at bimmerpost, the 1 series guys mainly go with JB3 and the 3 series go mainly with PROcede.

My friend has the same mods as I do in his 135 except he has a PROcede v4 and I have a JB3 2.0, neither of us pull on each other.

As far as the DCI, I've been running it for ~7 months now and haven't had any problems with it except with the JB3 the turbos are truly loud. Louder than the stock axle back with catless dowpipes. I got the maddad street axle back (no muffler, resonated so it doesn't drone at low rpm) and I can finally hear it over the turbos.

edit: what blue is that? My 135 is Le Mans.

doogle fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 21, 2010

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Thanks again for the advice on replacing my starter - the reconditioned part from eBay was a perfect match and now I don't have to worry about parking on a hill every night. Cheers!

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Sterndotstern posted:

This sounds like an utterly splendid purchase. Do you have any experience fixing rust? I imagine Canada as a whole is pretty much full of people who can chop and weld in new body work, so even if you don't, it shouldn't be THAT expensive to get it fixed and repainted. If you put in that little bit of extra money, you'll have a charming, classy car you can be absolutely proud of for the next decade, then you can sell it for more than your purchase price.

Luckily I do have experience fixing rust. Some of these doors are a lost cause though. I plan on fixing as many as I can but one or two likely need replacement. Thats one of the reasons I bought the car despite the rot. The only places where its rusting are replaceable parts. Doors, fender, all replaceable. Its bizarre how rust free the underside is. As soon as the body work ends it might as well be a factory fresh car under there.

Also Sockington lives about an hour away so maybe I'll just park it in front of his house as a challenge.

Pilsner posted:

Welcome to the E34 club, in the bad sense :(. This is a classic E34 problem, and can be a bitch to diagnose. TYPICALLY it is one of the following:

- Wheels need balancing - in rare cases it could also be one or more tires and/or one or more wheels that are busted/dented and need replacement. The easiest way to check this is to slap another set of wheels on and see it if changes/helps.
- Lower control arms. Check for play, but replace if it isn't the wheels, because you can't always feel the play.

My research is telling me that 17" wheels seems to exaggerate the problem as well if its the bushings. I'll need to quiz Jeff Brydges again about what got replaced under there and switch to the winters. It is pretty bizarre because it really is a 15km vibration zone and its completely smooth above and below. Hell this car is so smooth that I'm going to get picked up by the police in no time. Every time I stopped paying attention to the speedo there I was pushing north of 130km/h again.

When I first heard about the 17" rims I figured RIMZZ and planned on replacing them with some smaller wheels. These M3 rims look awesome though.

Pictures of the rust bucket coming soon!

8ender fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 21, 2010

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
'Grats 8ender, I love E34s.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Pictures of the e34:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Nice smilies :chord: and sport seats you son of a bitch :(

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

hitze posted:

Nice smilies :chord: and sport seats you son of a bitch :(

Whats a smilie? I'm so confused by this new euro car lingo. The interior is confusing as well. All the icons and symbols are different and I still haven't figured out what some of the controls do. Its harsh and german and yells at me when I leave the parking brake up :ohdear:

Edit: Question: Are the headlights on this car HID? They don't seem bright enough to be but there is some sort of projector inside the headlight. The normal beams are very focused like an HID and holy poo poo the high beams are spectacular.

Edit2: Nevermind, figured out what a smiley is. Man Jeff Brydges was loving busy with this car. Genuine BMW E34 euro projectors too. He mentioned that everything on the car was ordered from a BMW motorsport dealer nearby. I'm going to be finding his work for years on this car.

8ender fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 21, 2010

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

The projectors on E34s are the same as E32s which had an option for xenon lights. IIRC they didn't change anything with the projector, they just threw in the light. Everyone and their mother puts ddm hids in E34 projectors

Scrubed
Oct 3, 2002

I am a Romosexual.

Kill-9 posted:

In Texas we're supposed to have a front plate though our old Mustang never ran with one. Only were ever asked about it once and were just told 'put it on when you get a chance.' I planned on doing the same with this one. I removed the ugly plate holder yesterday only to find previous owners turned the bumper to swiss cheese under that. Why the gently caress they needed 7 holes to do what 1 or some good double stick tape could do I'll never understand.

They changed this law a year or so ago. No more front plates.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It looks as good as you described.

A few general BMW rules of thumb:

- wheels from the 3-series do not interchange with the 5- and 7-series. The look of the OEM wheel is referred to as a "style" for some reason, those are 5-series wheels, style 74 I believe. BMW makes different styles with different offsets and sizes for different cars. Generally 3-series fitment is +40mm or so, and 5- and 7-series is +20.
E: you can find your wheel style here -- http://bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/wheels/BMWWheels.htm

- you'll probably want to buy some Formula 303 for your dash if you live somewhere sunny, because the vinyl/plastic dashes on the E30 and E34 tend to have cracks and fading from UV exposure

- the US market headlight systems up to the E46 universally suck across the entire model range

- debadging is highly recommended for E34s because it allows you to polish/wax the whole trunk in one smooth pass and (debatably) looks a lot better. It requires just some dental floss and a hair dryer (or heat gun if you have one) to get the badge off, then a little TLC with some cleaner wax or goo gone to get rid of the residue

- strongly consider Tischer BMW for your new shift knob -- they usually sell the extremely nice ZHP shift knob for ~$65 USD. See also:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=876675&siteid=214672&catalogid=4462

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Just did the clutch bushing job on my E36. It was...annoying.

I got the old bushings out and realized they were in almost new condition, which pissed me off as I've had a squeaky pedal for some time. I would definitely recommend doing aftermarket upgrades if you decide to tackle this job. Hopefully the grease I added will prevent the squeak, because the bushings sure loving won't.

Oh, and you don't have to mess around with compressing the return spring with zip ties, you actually only have to undo one 10mm bolt and two circlips to get the pedal out of the car. A 10mm socket and a flathead is technically all you need to do this job. Add a 17mm socket if you remove the seat (I did).

^^That e34 is amazing. Remember to change the oil 8ender.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Well good news and bad news about the E34.

Good news is that it does indeed have the 3.23 limited slip diff. I also may have figured out the vibration at speed: the E39 wheels on there have no hubcentric rings. Ordered some so we'll see how it goes. Also have a new oxygen sensor and blower resistor on the order, both at unexpectedly reasonable prices.

Bad news is that at least one of the doors, maybe all of them, are a lost cause for rust. I'm having trouble sourcing new ones because all the ones around here in Ontario have suffered the same rusty fate. At this point I think I'm going to do what I can, slap on some POR15, and start combing the area regularly for good doors.

Second bit of bad news is that the exhaust is, well, not even aftermarket. It looks like the rear muffler rusted away at some point and someone (likely Klaus's mechanic) cut it off just after the center muffler and made a brand new exhaust. Normally I'd be fine with this but the custom exhaust goes from two pipes to one pipe of the same diameter and then into a lovely little muffler that looks like its for a Honda Civic. I assume this would be strangling the engine? Either way it creates an obnoxiously loud drone between 2-3k rpm which means it has to go because of all the highway driving I do. Its too bad because otherwise it sounds badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Okay so I never drove a bimmer before this and when I went to the local dealership to test drive a 335i...

Handling :supaburn:
Felt like the car didn't have a power steering. Drove a comfy sedan there so when I got in it, it was really hard to turn the steering wheel but I really liked it! Also the fact that it downshifts (I think) when you let off the gas is pretty cool because I like how it makes me more in control of my car.

Awesome car really! I wasn't really thinking about e90 because of this notion of 2 door = faster, but drat! Now I'll get either one