Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoBgoBLiNs
Feb 26, 2005

Some women find facial scars attractive. Mind you, most of those women are krogan...
http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

BiggerJ posted:

Their site must be getting hammer to a degree we can't comprehend. Those Polish guys must be feeling such regret.

I'd say so, I don't know about other people, but It's struggling to load for me.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
It's very, uh, minimalist.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Baldur's Gate :3:

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
It really is a nice redesign.

Time to start spending!

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

And it's down

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Low in functionality, but easy on the eyes.

e;f,b by gog.com

e;f,b #2 by the server melting down

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
GOG.com is BACK, bitches!

That's the first thing you should buy. Edit: When the server recovers from getting trampled, that is...

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 23, 2010

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Can't log in due to the site dying every 2 seconds.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
And you know what? If/when Planescape: Torment comes out? Multiply this server hammering by a jillion.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

BiggerJ posted:

And you know what? If/when Planescape: Torment comes out? Multiply this server hammering by a jillion.

Screw Planescape, I want System Shock 2. :colbert:

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I, too, cannot log in. I know they redid the site so it could handle more traffic, but they must be getting absolutely slammed. There really is no such thing as bad publicity.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Dramicus posted:

Screw Planescape, I want System Shock 2. :colbert:

Yeah, that's in the hands of Electronic Arts, who don't give one tenth of a poo poo about the series. If that is ever re-released in any way, shape or form, play it while you can because it'd be a sign of the apocalypse.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Hands up who saw this coming!

Gashroom
Jul 13, 2005
They are just limiting the bandwidth so they can brag "We got millions of new users". Obviously.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Ahahaha. If their servers had been on the far side of the technological singularity this still would've happened.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Click here for the full 1641x824 image.

oh god whats going on?

genuinebald
Jul 10, 2008

Use me! Only use ME!

Osmosisch posted:

Hands up who saw this coming!

*holds hand up*

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Their servers were destroyed in the blitzkrieg (Hitler was a PC gamer).

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
This makes me :xd: at how they were bragging in their videos about how much faster they made the site and how many more users they could support.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Their servers were destroyed in the blitzkrieg (Hitler was a PC gamer).

I was waiting for a WWII reference.

Edit: I've just realized how loving hilarious it would be if GOG.com never came back from this.

Edit2: That garbage text was actually the result of an incomplete loading of HTML code.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Sep 23, 2010

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

macnbc posted:

This makes me :xd: at how they were bragging in their videos about how much faster they made the site and how many more users they could support.

I don't think they're too upset over getting more site traffic than they ever thought possible.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Aww, this demand for GOG is pretty :3:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Aww, this demand for GOG is pretty :3:

Ah, but we don't know what percentage of the server-hammerers were clamoring to log on to the forum so they could scream at the guys behind the site and tell them that Hitler didn't kill enough of them.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Chatlogs and all that, but a guy from the staff has said this:

sorry folks
but we got so many ppl who want to get in a page - the numbers our insane O.o
i can give you exact stats - secret staff - but its like 6x more then we got in our bigest deal so far

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

BiggerJ posted:

Ah, but we don't know what percentage of the server-hammerers were clamoring to log on to the forum so they could scream at the guys behind the site and tell them that Hitler didn't kill enough of them.

Even if this is the case, at least the community cares enough about their ideology to be emotionally involved and pissed off. I'll be waiting patiently to give them my money and back up my games to help prove that an honor system can work if you offer superior services... as long as they don't pull that poo poo again.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Blodskur posted:

but its like 6x more then we got in our bigest deal so far

They're totally gonna start going out of business every week like Roscoe's Oriental Rug Emporium.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Blodskur posted:

sorry folks
i can give you exact stats - secret staff - but its like 6x more then we got in our bigest deal so far

So how bad's it looking? Will they have to keep the site down for an extended period of time while they get more and better servers?

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I just remembered another reason they need to get EA on board. Old Maxis games. I would kill a man, perhaps two, to be able to play SimAnt and the original SimCity again. Two for each game. Especially SimCity because all the new stuff is too complicated for me. :downs:

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Blodskur posted:

sorry folks

That's definitely a Pole, their spelling is unique :3:

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Drox posted:

I just remembered another reason they need to get EA on board. Old Maxis games. I would kill a man, perhaps two, to be able to play SimAnt and the original SimCity again. Two for each game. Especially SimCity because all the new stuff is too complicated for me. :downs:

I don't think SimCity 4 is immensely more complicated than SimCity 1, the basics are all there and it wouldn't be a huge chore to learn the new features one at a time.

edit:

Ok thats cute.

edit 2: beaten.

Dramicus fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 23, 2010

Gashroom
Jul 13, 2005

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dramicus posted:

I don't think SimCity 4 is immensely more complicated than SimCity 1, the basics are all there and it wouldn't be a huge chore to learn the new features one at a time.

I Don't Like It And It's Not Fun

Give me my G O G

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I'm still getting the blatant lie about scheduled system maintenance.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

BiggerJ posted:

I'm still getting the blatant lie about scheduled system maintenance.

It just disappeared.

edit: The site appears to be up now.

Dramicus fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 23, 2010

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

BiggerJ posted:

So how bad's it looking? Will they have to keep the site down for an extended period of time while they get more and better servers?

Kinda unhelpful, but eh:

team trying to put the site up asap
all i can say

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I've just remembered the guy who claimed to have figured out that someone, most likely Atari SA, probably bought out the GOG.com guys' company. I forget the thread, but I wonder how much poo poo the guy's getting right now.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Blodskur posted:

Kinda unhelpful, but eh:

team trying to put the site up asap
all i can say

If you're in chat with a GOG rep, can you tell me how much abuse has been hurled at him? I'm curious.

Edit: The site's still dropping as if it were holding an object of high temperature.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Sep 23, 2010

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

BiggerJ posted:

If you're in chat with a GOG rep, can you tell me how much abuse has been hurled at him? I'm curious.
I haven't seen any really thrown at him directly in this chatroom, as you can imagine, only dedicated GOG supporters even hang around there. Most have approached the whole saga with a degree of reasonableness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Aaaaaand the site's down again. Shame, I'd REALLY like to see the bilious rage in the forums. Just ONE picture of Hitler or the Nazi invasion/occupation of Poland. Is that too much to ask?