Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
A meme contest? Whatever!

Thanks to the awesome guys at GOG, I've setup a real contest

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3351257

They even gave us 10 free game tokens to give away as prizes, check it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Ansob. posted:

A chap who joined GOG.com 743 days ago here, 74X smugface club 4 lyfe. :smuggo:
:smuggo::hf::smug:

Also, cool article from Destructoid showing that GOG really does have a good sense of humor sometimes.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

FearOfABlackKnob posted:

gently caress yeah! Now we can stop the dumb dick waving white noise posting and speculate on what games will be out.

I think its IWD 1/2, Planescape, BG 2 and... TOEE? Did Hasbro have that?

Could be some old Gold Box games, or some of the other old Forgotten Realms games (Eye of the Beholder Trilogy, maybe).

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
mechwarrior 3

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Ansob. posted:

A chap who joined GOG.com 743 days ago here, 74X smugface club 4 lyfe. :smuggo:
746 days here. :smug::hf::smuggo:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Another 743er "chap" right here.

And I wrote a winning review early on and got a free game out of it as well.

GOGSmug

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

leebenningfield posted:

Well, they opened their site to the public on Oct. 28, 2008, which was 709 or 710 days ago. Some people got in early, as they were sending out early access keys throughout September to people who had signed up.

I'm sitting on 744 days.

So far I seem to be winning at 745 days.

drat you, Charlie Mopps! :bahgawd:

FearOfABlackKnob
Nov 5, 2008

by Ozma
No one really wins.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

FearOfABlackKnob posted:

No one really wins.

Oh, lighten up.

http://www.gr0g.com/en/frontpage

FearOfABlackKnob
Nov 5, 2008

by Ozma
No one lightens up either. No one ever does.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

FearOfABlackKnob posted:

No one lightens up either. No one ever does.

We can pretend. We can pretend. :smith:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ZeeBoi posted:

731 as well. :)

And this just showed up in my email.

FearOfABlackKnob posted:

gently caress yeah! Now we can stop the dumb dick waving white noise posting and speculate on what games will be out.

Probably not.

If I had to guess I'd say the last two are probably Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2. I love how the loading screens in BG2 tell you to save your character because you'd be able to import them into Neverwinter Nights. Makes me wonder what Bioware's original plans for that game were.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

709 days and I joined because of Redneck Rampage. I am not ashamed of that.

477 days here and joined aswell because of Redneck Rampage :hfive: after that one a good bunch of games came and dont regret it \o/

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Lamacq posted:

A dude who joined GOG.com 649 days ago

:smith:

A pirate who joined GOG.com 654 days ago :smug:

:respek:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Skwirl posted:

If I had to guess I'd say the last two are probably Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2. I love how the loading screens in BG2 tell you to save your character because you'd be able to import them into Neverwinter Nights. Makes me wonder what Bioware's original plans for that game were.

I assume that it would've just been Throne of Bhaal but set in Neverwinter.

battlepigeon
Aug 3, 2008

746 days :smug:

Giants: citizen kabuto on its way down. I really missed that game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sh_VuxYqBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNk2rDEAbTw

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
"Insertnamehere
A user who joined GOG.com today"
:v:

Is Freespace 1 any good? I've only ever played Freespace 2 before.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

FearOfABlackKnob posted:

All those games rights are held by Hasbro?!

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Hemish posted:

All those games rights are held by Hasbro?!

Hasbro owns the DnD brand.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Insert name here posted:

Is Freespace 1 any good? I've only ever played Freespace 2 before.
Do you like routine patrol missions, becau... OH MY GOD IT'S THE WHOLE ALIEN ARMADA!

I got it because I'm a completionist with fond memories, but when I want to play FreeSpace I skip right to the sequel.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Freespace 1 is an utterly awesome game. There is only 1 fault: Freespace 2 is even better.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Are there any source ports for Blood? I'd like to try it out but I don't know if it will run well in DOSBox.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Samopsa posted:

Freespace 1 is an utterly awesome game. There is only 1 fault: Freespace 2 is even better.
Aside from joystick, how do these games control nowadays? Can you play with mouse and keyboard or is a gamepad like a 360 controller better?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

Aside from joystick, how do these games control nowadays? Can you play with mouse and keyboard or is a gamepad like a 360 controller better?

I always preferred mouse and keyboard, although when it first came out I played it with keyboard only. Gamepad might be problematic for all the advanced settings and such. Keyboard+mouse is fine.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Oh, lighten up.

I got all super confused when it told me I already own Monkey Island, then I noticed that this is in fact not gog.com.

Am I now keylogged or something

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Oh, lighten up.

That's just mean. :smith:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Samopsa posted:

Alright cool, looks like I'll be picking it up.

Just one more question though: How often do you get to fly the Herc? Herc Mk. 1 was my favourite ship in FS2 and I was sad you could hardly use it at all.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Insert name here posted:

Alright cool, looks like I'll be picking it up.

Just one more question though: How often do you get to fly the Herc? Herc Mk. 1 was my favourite ship in FS2 and I was sad you could hardly use it at all.

Pretty often, it was my to go ship on most later missions. It's a total beast in FS1. There is no comparable heavy fighter in FS1.

Thing Fish
Dec 8, 2006
any downers?
So I just signed up on GOG so I could get Duke Nukem, and I already have a few games in my account that I never bought. Do a few come for free? Not sure what 2 of them are, but I have Beneath a Steel Sky, which seems to be a well reviewed game. Any goon opinions on it?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Definitely play Beneath a Steel Sky if you like Lucasarts-style adventures. It's one of the best.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Thing Fish posted:

So I just signed up on GOG so I could get Duke Nukem, and I already have a few games in my account that I never bought. Do a few come for free? Not sure what 2 of them are, but I have Beneath a Steel Sky, which seems to be a well reviewed game. Any goon opinions on it?

Yeah, those 3 games you got are free. Earlier I think you had to "buy" them for zero bucks but I guess these days they're just automatically added to your shelf which makes sense.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zat posted:

Yeah, those 3 games you got are free.

Wait, so what're the other two (that aren't Beneath a Steel Sky)?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ansob. posted:

I think it's Teen Agent and Lure of the Temptress?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue#all_genres/price/0/

If that doesn't work, go into games catalogue and sort by price > free.

Clicking "Download" doesn't actually download them, but it does add them to your shelf so you can grab them from there.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug

Ansob. posted:

Teenagent - Point and click adventure game, you are Mark Hopper, the average teenager, who becomes an RGB agent and the agency's salvation. Your rewards will be girls, because every girl loves the secret agent, don't they? :downs:

Lure of the Temptress - From the creators of the Broken Sword series, the first in a series of 'Virtual Theater' adventure games. Trouble is afoot in the once peaceful land of Turnvale. Skori warriors have arrived. But who is the Temptress, and more importantly, where is she?

r2x
Jan 13, 2008
What did the teapot say to the chalk?

Nothing, you silly. Teapots can't talk.

Starhawk64 posted:

Are there any source ports for Blood? I'd like to try it out but I don't know if it will run well in DOSBox.
IIRC the blood source was never released.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tecman posted:

Teenagent - Point and click adventure game, you are Mark Hopper, the average teenager, who becomes an RGB agent and the agency's salvation. Your rewards will be girls, because every girl loves the secret agent, don't they? :downs:

Lure of the Temptress - From the creators of the Broken Sword series, the first in a series of 'Virtual Theater' adventure games. Trouble is afoot in the once peaceful land of Turnvale. Skori warriors have arrived. But who is the Temptress, and more importantly, where is she?

Cool, thanks. I was wondering since Zat said they were added automatically and I only had BaSS.

Matlock, BRB
Jun 23, 2004

by T. Finn
The gamers will get their revenge.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug

r2x posted:

IIRC the blood source was never released.
Yeah and it's a real pain in the butt. The various Blood communities have tried to contact people about it and at one point we had hope, plus we know who has the code so it's not like it's lost or anything, but until it gets green-lighted by the rights holders (aka, a guarantee he won't get sued to gently caress and back) his hands are tied. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardtarget
Mar 28, 2010

Rolls on Shabbos
God drat you people in the 740s

Only 735 days for me :( :(