Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell
I don't know if this is a bug or a fault in chrome but:

Embedded youtube videos go over the quick reply box.

edit: huge image, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Only a few small things that are currently keeping me from using Chrome full time. Is there a way to get the drop down menu when clicking on one of the forums list not open in a new tab?

Maybe someone can also suggest an extension that does not take focus from the current tab when you open new ones.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

calandryll posted:

Only a few small things that are currently keeping me from using Chrome full time. Is there a way to get the drop down menu when clicking on one of the forums list not open in a new tab?

Maybe someone can also suggest an extension that does not take focus from the current tab when you open new ones.

I believe this was requested some time back. Check salr.uservoice.com and either vote up the feature or post it there. If a feature request isn't posted up on uservoice it'll probably be forgotten.

Mr. Fish posted:

I don't know if this is a bug or a fault in chrome but:

Embedded youtube videos go over the quick reply box.

edit: huge image, sorry.

It's a bug, there's a few of these types still hanging around.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I know that 'R' opens it up, but is there a keyboard shortcut to close the Quick Reply window? If not, could we tie ESC to do that?

Also, bug report: If the QR is enabled, the mod button to edit thread titles/tags won't respond.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 13, 2010

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aatrek posted:

I know that 'R' opens it up, but is there a keyboard shortcut to close the Quick Reply window? If not, could we tie ESC to do that?

Also, bug report: If the QR is enabled, the mod button to edit thread titles/tags won't respond.

Could you give a View Source dump on a page with the mod button in question? Not something I'm able to account for on my end but should be easily fixable.

As for a close button, I had tried to map it to ESC when I originally did keyboard shortcuts but had some trouble getting Chrome to recognize that key for whatever reason. Didn't look too hard into it though. If anybody wants to step up to the plate and try to get it working, go for it.

That being said something like "Alt+M" would also be handy to have a shortcut just to minimize it, but not close it.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Is this enough for you to use?

Edited out, thanks.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 13, 2010

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Aatrek posted:

Is this enough for you to use?

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I see what's happening. Should be a pretty easy fix.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ignore this, just creating a testbed for the live preview parsers (last step before shipping 1.2)

https://www.google.com
thisisan@email.com
Bold
Strike
Underline
Italics
Spoiler
Fixed
Super
Sub
pre:
Pre
code:
Code
php:
<?
PHP?>
    List

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So let's face it, with Halo Reach out tonight I definitely won't be thinking about side projects at all. So, I just rolled out 1.2.0.

Notable changes:
- Collapsible quotes
- Imgur uploading
- Live preview in quick reply
- Tabbing in quick reply

I know there's a few issues still open, particularly in the live preview. They'll get fixed in the coming weeks.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
This is a test of the Tab enhancements. Will it work?

Edit: Yes! Thanks, man.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
The image uploader popup has problems too. When I click the [i] button, it shoots the new window over almost completely off the screen. If I click the button again, it hides it, but clicking the button any more times just hides and unhides the jumpbar. This may have something to do with my text size though.

edit: it seems to work correctly on what I can only assume is normal text size, though it looks really drat tiny to me. I'm probably the only person using a non-default text size so if it's not an easy fix, don't worry about it. I suspect hitting the [i] multiple times isn't supposed to hide the jumpbar though.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 15, 2010

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

The image uploader popup has problems too. When I click the [i] button, it shoots the new window over almost completely off the screen. If I click the button again, it hides it, but clicking the button any more times just hides and unhides the jumpbar. This may have something to do with my text size though.

edit: it seems to work correctly on what I can only assume is normal text size, though it looks really drat tiny to me. I'm probably the only person using a non-default text size so if it's not an easy fix, don't worry about it. I suspect hitting the [i] multiple times isn't supposed to hide the jumpbar though.

Confirmed, I'll take a look at it. It gets worse if you go down to normal font size, too.

madlobster
Aug 12, 2003
Could an option be added to disable the "DOUBLE-CLICK QUOTE TO COLLAPSE" feature? When I select something, I usually double-click on the first word I am selecting in order to select the whole word, or triple-click to select a paragraph, which collapses the entire quote if I'm selecting from a quote.

madlobster
Aug 12, 2003
Also, embedded quotes don't work right collapsing or expanding.

AAAAA posted:

BBBBB posted:

CCCCC posted:

Test CCCCC
Test BBBBB
Test AAAAA

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

madlobster posted:

Also, embedded quotes don't work right collapsing or expanding.

Yeah I saw this one the other day. I'm going to tackle it today.

madlobster posted:

Could an option be added to disable the "DOUBLE-CLICK QUOTE TO COLLAPSE" feature? When I select something, I usually double-click on the first word I am selecting in order to select the whole word, or triple-click to select a paragraph, which collapses the entire quote if I'm selecting from a quote.

Can do.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
It would probably be better to have a 'collapse' button in the top right of the quote box, so people can collapse quotes and still double click words to select them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Finally switched to Chrome, really like how it's set up.

That said the one thing I liked a lot better on Firefox SALR was the jump menu. It was customizable for shortcuts, and it was set up well. Mine doesn't look like the one in the OP, every link looks like a header and even then I'd rather have the customizable one than the list of everything.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Finally switched to Chrome, really like how it's set up.

That said the one thing I liked a lot better on Firefox SALR was the jump menu. It was customizable for shortcuts, and it was set up well. Mine doesn't look like the one in the OP, every link looks like a header and even then I'd rather have the customizable one than the list of everything.

Now that there's context menu support for Chrome extensions it's probably a good time to refactor how the jump list works anyways. Before, getting it to work identically to Firefox wasn't possible.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ferg posted:

Now that there's context menu support for Chrome extensions it's probably a good time to refactor how the jump list works anyways. Before, getting it to work identically to Firefox wasn't possible.

Left clicking on the jump menu making links open in the same tab would be pretty awesome :goleft:

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
What happened to the Browser Button? Seems like something broke it, maybe a Chrome update? I'm on version 7.0.517.8, on Mac OS 10.6.4.

Click here for the full 344x644 image.

Also, the image uploading in the quick reply box doesn't work. If I drag an image onto the sidebar, it just doesn't do anything.

But goddamn do I love the live preview and quick editing.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Manky posted:

What happened to the Browser Button? Seems like something broke it, maybe a Chrome update? I'm on version 7.0.517.8, on Mac OS 10.6.4.

The changes I made to the button weren't merged when SALR was updated to handle the forums breaking the jump list. I sent Ferg a message for this update.

Boris the Blade
Jun 10, 2005
The Bullet-Dodger

Ferg posted:

More testing.

Here's an image full size that was appended to this message:

What is this from? It's hilarious.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Boris the Blade posted:

What is this from? It's hilarious.

A quick Google search leads me to believe it's from an episode of Cake Boss.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdDTUzmf1rU At the 1:30 mark.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sneaking Mission posted:

The changes I made to the button weren't merged when SALR was updated to handle the forums breaking the jump list. I sent Ferg a message for this update.

Ah, no worries.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Manky posted:

Ah, no worries.

I pulled the changes in but am a bit busy at the moment. I'll update the repo package tomorrow with the fix.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg can you make it so when you click the last read post icon while in the thread it reloads the thread and goes to the most recent unread post?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

Ferg can you make it so when you click the last read post icon while in the thread it reloads the thread and goes to the most recent unread post?

Not sure what you're asking for...are you asking for it to re-center the page when the page is done loading? Because that is already available as an option.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

Not sure what you're asking for...are you asking for it to re-center the page when the page is done loading? Because that is already available as an option.

No I mean I would like how it works in the firefox salr. For instance if I am in a thread already, and I know the thread has new posts, I can click the down arrrow and it will reload the thread with latest posts. Does this make sense?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Vacation is over. Just rolled out v1.2.1 of SALR, and v1.1.1 of the browser button. SneakingMission gets all the credit for this release, I didn't do poo poo.

v1.2.1:
- Updated purchase link URLs
- Added next/previous page hotkeys to Leper's Colony
- Added next/previous page hotkeys to search results
- Added next/previous page hotkeys to bookmarked threads
- Support attachment images in live preview
- Updated links for hiding purchase banner ad
- Updated preview for initial live edit
- Replace all instances of emoticon for live preview
- Quick reply preview support for lists
- Fixed bug where SALR may not kick in due to URL arguments
- Text formatting key shortcuts for quick reply oh snap this is awesome

v1.1.1 (Browser button):
- Fixes that bug I promised I would release like 2 weeks ago

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Ferg posted:

- Text formatting key shortcuts for quick reply oh snap this is awesome

Current commands are
  • ctrl+b for bold
  • ctrl+i for italics
  • ctrl+u for underline
  • ctrl+s for strikeout
  • ctrl+f for fixed width text (the best kind of text)
  • ctrl+p for spoilers
  • and ctrl+8 puts things in a list because I guess eight is on the same key as *

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Might want to put that in writing somewhere within the extension options in case there are people who don't keep up with this thread.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Might want to put that in writing somewhere within the extension options in case there are people who don't keep up with this thread.

This. Can we get all the shortcuts for salr somewhere in the OP or options?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

wmbest2 posted:

This. Can we get all the shortcuts for salr somewhere in the OP or options?

Added it to the sub-OP

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Is there a reason you're using the YouTube embed code you're using? I'm trying to switch from Firefox and I miss two features: HD and fullscreen. Looks like you should be able to tweak it pretty easily.

Example:
code:
SALR (Firefox)
<embed width="640" height="385" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" class="salr_video" id="XXXXXXXXX" quality="high" allowfullscreen="true" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" wmode="transparent" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXXXXXXXX&amp;fs=1&amp;hd=1">

SALR (Chrome)
<embed class="salr-player" id="XXXXXXXXX" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXXXXXXXX" width="450" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent">
So, swap out the width/height, add allowfullscreen, and fix the src to have fullscreen and HD.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ferg posted:

v1.1.1 (Browser button):
- Fixes that bug I promised I would release like 2 weeks ago

Browser button is still on v1.1 according to the chrome extensions gallery.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Manky posted:

Browser button is still on v1.1 according to the chrome extensions gallery.

Ha thanks for that. The changes were stored in a draft :psyduck:

Should be good now.

inpheaux posted:

Is there a reason you're using the YouTube embed code you're using? I'm trying to switch from Firefox and I miss two features: HD and fullscreen. Looks like you should be able to tweak it pretty easily.

Example:
code:
SALR (Firefox)
<embed width="640" height="385" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" class="salr_video" id="XXXXXXXXX" quality="high" allowfullscreen="true" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" wmode="transparent" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXXXXXXXX&amp;fs=1&amp;hd=1">

SALR (Chrome)
<embed class="salr-player" id="XXXXXXXXX" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXXXXXXXX" width="450" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent">
So, swap out the width/height, add allowfullscreen, and fix the src to have fullscreen and HD.

Good catch. The Youtube inline is really old code (if I remember right, the first feature contributed by a user). Don't think it's been touched in a year.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Another issue with the Youtube code:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3352577&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post382641624

The Youtube link in this code doesn't seem to want to expand properly.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Ferg posted:

Ha thanks for that. The changes were stored in a draft :psyduck:

Should be good now.

Good catch. The Youtube inline is really old code (if I remember right, the first feature contributed by a user). Don't think it's been touched in a year.

It would be better to do it like

code:
<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="385" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VIDEO_ID" frameborder="0">
</iframe>
Like here:

http://apiblog.youtube.com/2010/07/new-way-to-embed-youtube-videos.html

Even though iFrames are terrible, this allows you to use the html5 player automatically when enabled.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Are there any plans to add a button to disable the TLDR collapse thing on double click? It's a neat feature but I select things by double clicking all the time everywhere else on the internet and on my mac, and adjusting my muscle memory just for SA isn't working out so well :(

Unless there's already a way to disable this and I just skimmed over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Martytoof posted:

Are there any plans to add a button to disable the TLDR collapse thing on double click? It's a neat feature but I select things by double clicking all the time everywhere else on the internet and on my mac, and adjusting my muscle memory just for SA isn't working out so well :(

Unless there's already a way to disable this and I just skimmed over it.

Committing the change right now.

• Locked thread