Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

The oval office Pickle posted:

Boo. Took a test and it was negative. It stung a little because I expected it to be positive because my period is delayed with no signs of coming and my boobs hurt like they're in vices. I would only be about 4 weeks though, so maybe it'll be positive in a week or so. Or my period will come. I would just like one or the other to happen. I just hate being in this limbo.

hmmm. It's still possible. Boobs hurting is a good sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qentiox
Nov 8, 2005

I like dragons.

slinkimalinki posted:

So's yours.

OPK came up good. Trying do decide whether to try to get some productive humping from my partner now, or skip this month.

Anyone else in this thread have a partner who's on antidepressants and who has trouble ejaculating as a result?

My husband and I had to deal with this. It was pretty bad for a long time, especially on our honeymoon and when we were trying to conceive. We've found that if we do it once every two days or so it's not much of a problem. It sucks when you're trying to get pregnant, though. :(

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

I saw this at the bookshop and thought of you.

Moms Stuffing posted:

Your username is too fitting for this thread.

Ha! I hadn't even thought about it in that context!

Thanks for the encouragement. :) I bought a pack of 3 First Response tests and I figure I'll just take one per week until I get a positive or my period shows it's ugly face.

I got mine from Amazon, and they were super cheap ($5.70 for 25), plus free shipping with Amazon Prime:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YIQEQ/ref=oss_product

They require you to pee in a cup rather that just waving the stick through your stream, but SO much cheaper it's totally worth it.

Also, if any of you have a .edu email address, Amazon is giving a free Prime membership for a year. Technically it's just for students, but any .edu address will work to sign up. Really comes in handy when ordering heavy things like car seats and cribs!

Amazon has just started Amazon Mom, which gets you at least three months of free Prime two-day shipping and 30% off diapers, at least for now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup/info

I Wish I Was fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 16, 2010

fishandcandy
Jul 10, 2006
I signed up for Amazon Mom yesterday! You get another month of prime for every $25 in eligible purchases, too.

I ordered 14 opks and 5 hpts from babyhopes.com for something like $16. Now I feel like I got ripped off. I check Amazon before I buy anything else but for some reason I didn't with these.

I'm really hoping I don't get to the point where I have to order any more.

dishonesty posted:

I sure hope so!

Then we just need to get around the 15000km gap between us, for our babies to play.

Oh yeah. :) I'm only about 2 hours from Ashling and Quinn and we only manage to get together about once year.

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

fishandcandy posted:

I signed up for Amazon Mom yesterday! You get another month of prime for every $25 in eligible purchases, too.

I ordered 14 opks and 5 hpts from babyhopes.com for something like $16. Now I feel like I got ripped off. I check Amazon before I buy anything else but for some reason I didn't with these.

I'm really hoping I don't get to the point where I have to order any more.

Oh yeah. :) I'm only about 2 hours from Ashling and Quinn and we only manage to get together about once year.

My husband is offended that they called it Amazon Mom. :D

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one

I Wish I Was posted:

Ha! I hadn't even thought about it in that context!

I got mine from Amazon, and they were super cheap ($5.70 for 25), plus free shipping with Amazon Prime:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YIQEQ/ref=oss_product

They require you to pee in a cup rather that just waving the stick through your stream, but SO much cheaper it's totally worth it.

Well thanks for this, just ordered them! Also, you can pee in the little bags they are individually sealed in. ;)

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

Grossness in spoilers.

Ugh, I'm having brownish discharge.

My last period ended on Sunday the 29th, so I'm not due for another one for another week at least. Is this wonkiness normal when coming off Nuvaring? A nineteen-day cycle seems a bit short.

The Cunt Pickle
Sep 7, 2010
If I don't get a positive with these two I have left I'll definitely be ordering some of those cheap strips. I get all sorts of nasty backsplash with the sticks anyway!

My period was wonky when I came off NuvaRing. I had a 20 day cycle when mine are usually 28 on the dot.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
Got my test strips in the mail today! Can't wait to try them out! Probably won't get to for at least another 2 weeks but they're here whenever I'm ready! Gotta love Amazon!

Revenant77
Aug 28, 2004

Not so sweet
I can't recommend the cheap tests enough. I wish I had bought the hpt in bulk. Even after I finally tested positive, I think I peed on 15-20 more sticks (over the course of a month or two) just because I was sure they weren't right. Also, I know it's been said before but Preseed is awesome.

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

My period was wonky when I came off NuvaRing. I had a 20 day cycle when mine are usually 28 on the dot.

Thanks. Glad to know I'm not the only one with a short first cycle. I appear to have gone into full-on period. This may explain why the ovulation strips showed faint pink one day and that was it - I probably didn't ovulate at all this month.

The Cunt Pickle
Sep 7, 2010
I like Pre-seed even as a regular lubricant. It doesn't get sticky the way other lubricants do. It just feels silky.

The Cunt Pickle
Sep 7, 2010
In bittersweet news- my period finally started. At least now I can start tracking ovulation and such. I wanted one of them to finally happen (period or test). Guess I just got the less desirable one. I'm not as upset as I thought I would be though.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
Sorry to hear that, hopefully it happens soon!

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
*sigh* I remember the days when I thought sex caused pregnancy. I remember the days when I thought waving a cock around near a vagina caused pregnancy.

Twatty Seahag
Dec 30, 2007

slinkimalinki posted:

*sigh* I remember the days when I thought sex caused pregnancy. I remember the days when I thought waving a cock around near a vagina caused pregnancy.

Before we started trying I can't believe I spent the previous 10+ years terrified of getting knocked up, because apparently it is an art form!

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

Twatty Seahag posted:

Before we started trying I can't believe I spent the previous 10+ years terrified of getting knocked up, because apparently it is an art form!

I've spent a similar amount of time trying to avoid the same. I'm wondering exactly what's going to happen, if anything in the next few weeks and months. Apparently, as my friend put it, "You have magical anti-contraceptive powers now!". Since I've ovulated twice now on the pill, one resulting in pregnancy and miscarriage, I'm wondering if I will get the flip side and have a hard time conceiving off of the pill. Its nerve wracking.

The Cunt Pickle
Sep 7, 2010
Did anyone else have really bizarre mood swings after ending birth control that persisted for more than a month? Also, my boobs are still incredibly sore and my period will be over tomorrow. Sore boobs was never one of my major period issues, so it feels really random.

The mood swings are starting to get on my nerves. I can be sitting here just happy as a clam and I'm suddenly really sad, anxious, or feeling very overwhelmed.

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

Did anyone else have really bizarre mood swings after ending birth control that persisted for more than a month? Also, my boobs are still incredibly sore and my period will be over tomorrow. Sore boobs was never one of my major period issues, so it feels really random.

The mood swings are starting to get on my nerves. I can be sitting here just happy as a clam and I'm suddenly really sad, anxious, or feeling very overwhelmed.

Yeah; the first week or so off the Nuvaring my boobs were seriously sore and I'd cry at the slightest provocation.

The Cunt Pickle
Sep 7, 2010
This is my fifth week off it. :(

My boobs calmed down a lot over the past two days but I'm still really moody and just plain irritable.

dishonesty
Sep 11, 2001

There's no place like home.
Negative test this morning. Not even the faintest of faint lines :(

According to my last period, I'd be 4 weeks today if pregnant.

No sign of period yet though, here's hoping it doesn't arrive!

The Cunt Pickle
Sep 7, 2010
Here's to hoping, dishonesty!

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
Crossing my fingers for you, Dishonesty!

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Bahunter22 posted:

Since I've ovulated twice now on the pill, one resulting in pregnancy and miscarriage, I'm wondering if I will get the flip side and have a hard time conceiving off of the pill. Its nerve wracking.
Yeah, I'm wondering if I should start taking the pill so I can get pregnant.

Dishonesty, here's hoping!

fishandcandy
Jul 10, 2006
Well, I'm out for this month.

Got my fingers crossed for you, dishonesty.

dishonesty
Sep 11, 2001

Got my period a couple of days ago. Poop to it.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
Wow, ovulation was a bit more uncomfortable this time around. Started getting positive ovulation tests Saturday morning through Sunday night. Haven't checked this morning but I'm guessing I won't get another positive surge. Did anyone else have this problem after coming off of the pill with the painfulness? Lasted all day Sunday.

dishonesty
Sep 11, 2001

Bahunter22 posted:

Wow, ovulation was a bit more uncomfortable this time around. Started getting positive ovulation tests Saturday morning through Sunday night. Haven't checked this morning but I'm guessing I won't get another positive surge. Did anyone else have this problem after coming off of the pill with the painfulness? Lasted all day Sunday.

Yeah.. I guess I'd been on the pill so long (since I was ~14ish) that I'd forgotten what a real period felt like. Period pains and ovulation cramps. As much as it's uncomfortable, I kinda dig being so in tune with my body now that I know when I'm ovulating :)

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
Ugh, I didn't even think about what my period would feel like. I haven't had a real one for over 8 years. Well, here's hoping I don't get it at all!

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

I'm getting very frustrated with the ovulation test strips. I used them every day for the past week, and in the last three days they were showing a light pink line, which the directions say is negative. Today, I got no line at all. Does this mean I'm just not ovulating this month, or should I be taking the light lines as positive readings? Could I go from light pink to nothing and then to positive? I'm so confused...

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

I never had any success with those ovulation strips. I tested twice a day and still never got a 'positive' (just light lines, like you) - even on cycles where I actually got pregnant. :(

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
I had no problems using them. Weird, I expected not to ovulate since its my luck not to, but I started testing the week before I was to ovulate and I got light pink readings. Then for two days straight they were really dark, darker than the control line, then back to light pink. Maybe you have a defective pack?

The Cunt Pickle
Sep 7, 2010
I'm not going to bother with ovulation strips unless I get to December without getting knocked up.

I let the cat out of the bag to my Mom last night that we were trying and she said something that raised my hackles a bit. She said "You mean I'M gonna have another one???" (my sister in law is pregnant). I may be being a little oversensitive, but it pissed me off that I haven't even had a positive test yet and she's already attempting to take ownership of my potential offspring. Am I just being oversensitive?

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
Nope. I have the same problem except I made the mistake of telling them we *might* start trying at the beginning of next year and I've heard it none stop for months. My mother even told me she'd be the most obnoxious grandmother out there. Who says that?!? We've since stopped sharing information and only give vague answers now, only really skirting the issue. We for sure haven't told them we're actively not preventing anymore. I don't need anymore stress on the matter. I also don't think I'll get to see any of my kids until their 18 or so. Figures.

fishandcandy
Jul 10, 2006

I Wish I Was posted:

I'm getting very frustrated with the ovulation test strips. I used them every day for the past week, and in the last three days they were showing a light pink line, which the directions say is negative. Today, I got no line at all. Does this mean I'm just not ovulating this month, or should I be taking the light lines as positive readings? Could I go from light pink to nothing and then to positive? I'm so confused...

http://www.peeonastick.com/opkodyssey.html

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

Thanks for that link! I now know more about ovulation test kits than I ever really wanted to know. I guess I get to keep peeing in a cup.

When Meg was born, my mom was totally obnoxious about calling her "my baby" as in "don't take my baby away from me!" - I kept expecting her to refer to Meg as "My Precious!"

When we told my husband's mom last year that trying for a baby was possibly on our radar, she said almost the exact same thing; something along the lines of "so I get to have another one!?"

Parents are seriously not aware of how creepy they sound to their adult children sometimes.

The Cunt Pickle
Sep 7, 2010
I'm glad you guys didn't think I was overreacting. My husband was like "And why did that bother you?"

My Mom has a lot of boundary issues and likes to make my own achievements on as her own, going so far as to absolutely lie about her involvement (usually none) or to diminish what I did or say it was only possible because of her. It really pisses me off and I'm afraid she's going to try to take over my children.

Just gotta keep those rock hard boundaries up I guess.

Good_Vs_Evil
Sep 12, 2006

I'm not going to bother with ovulation strips unless I get to December without getting knocked up.

I let the cat out of the bag to my Mom last night that we were trying and she said something that raised my hackles a bit. She said "You mean I'M gonna have another one???" (my sister in law is pregnant). I may be being a little oversensitive, but it pissed me off that I haven't even had a positive test yet and she's already attempting to take ownership of my potential offspring. Am I just being oversensitive?

That's just creepy and weird. Why would someone's mother do that? My cousin's mother is possessive and weird and a terrible mother but even she doesn't pull poo poo like this. It just confounds me how someone would think this is okay. I mean once in jest, sure. But really now.

My wife and I (who have both posted here before) have been trying for about 10 months now. Went to a fertility clinic a few months ago and they've been the most wonderful helpful people ever. Looks like this month is a no-go, but this was the first serious month that they gave my wife medications to help, so I'm hopeful (both for myself and all of you!).

I'm also feeling some of the "I can't believe how loving hard this is" crew. Being a guy, I assume that any girl I looked at without wearing a condom was going to get knocked up.

Also, it bothers me that some of my family (who is honest to god trailer trash with trailer trash problems and trailer trash income) get knocked up by sneezing, but my wife and I who have more than enough means, have planned for this, have the room and love for children and really really want one have so much difficulty.

It kinda makes me hate them a little bit.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

I'm glad you guys didn't think I was overreacting. My husband was like "And why did that bother you?"

My Mom has a lot of boundary issues and likes to make my own achievements on as her own, going so far as to absolutely lie about her involvement (usually none) or to diminish what I did or say it was only possible because of her. It really pisses me off and I'm afraid she's going to try to take over my children.

Just gotta keep those rock hard boundaries up I guess.

I totally get you. Are you sure you're not my dopple ganger? Lol! If things don't get to be all about my mother, she's pissed. She loves to make everything about her. I think she actually enjoys the drama of stuff. The funniest part of all is that she had the exact same problem with her mom when it came to raising us and she hated my grandmother overstepping her boundaries!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dishonesty
Sep 11, 2001

Good_Vs_Evil posted:

Also, it bothers me that some of my family (who is honest to god trailer trash with trailer trash problems and trailer trash income) get knocked up by sneezing, but my wife and I who have more than enough means, have planned for this, have the room and love for children and really really want one have so much difficulty.

It kinda makes me hate them a little bit.

I'm glad you said that. My cousin recently told me she was pregnant again, after she's already got 2 that she can't take care of properly.

After having 2 losses of my own it just makes me angry.

• Locked thread