Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
Cant wait for new Nightlife and the EPs, gonna be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zeldadude posted:

Tonight is going to be loving massive

GOD when that synth hits its so gooodddd uuughhh.. So many good releases soon, I can't loving wait! Hospital has me on the loving edge!

And this song.. I dunno what the title is or if it even has a title. Sounds like it's gonna be loving awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnR7SDui8c

:tviv:

Well now I can't wait for this either!

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

SUBFRIES posted:

Klute and some solid DC dnb DJs in room one, then me and three friends playing a little dnb and a lot of other stuff in the second room; Signal is going by SGNL now and he was part of Robot Death Squad. He's got an album coming out in a few months.

Klute must be making the US rounds then, because he'll be here in Indianapolis this tuesday. So excited!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Auspex
Dec 21, 2005
Many Bothans died to bring us this information

chrix posted:

Klute must be making the US rounds then, because he'll be here in Indianapolis this tuesday. So excited!

Klute is so underrated as a dj. It's really strange, every time i've seen him he doesnt really play songs similar to his production style at all but he loving rinses it every time. I'm sure youll love it!

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Auspex posted:

Klute is so underrated as a dj. It's really strange, every time i've seen him he doesnt really play songs similar to his production style at all but he loving rinses it every time. I'm sure youll love it!

No doubt! I actually did a Klute-heavy set on my radio show this past week to get pumped for this show. I know it's a little sacrilege in this thread, but I kind of hope he goes back and forth from dnb to techno/breaks like his album releases.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Auspex posted:

Of all the dnb DJs I have seen, he's consistently been my favorite to go see play. And he knows it. And he has teased me about that.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Auspex posted:

That Danny Byrd & Netsky tune does absolutely nothing for me. I guess I can see why people would like it but those off-beat wob basslines are so base and those autotuned vocals are just cringe...

Different strokes for different folks. It is sort of a let down after it drops but the buildup is pretty sweet imo.

Honestly it seems like you would fit in better on DOA than in here. :shobon: (no insult intended)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hospitality Brixton is going on now. I know this because Hospital's tweeting off the hook about it, and I'm incredibly jealous :(

I mean, just look at this line up!

quote:

Room 1 - Andy C + Dynamite MC, High Contrast, London Elektricity, Danny Byrd, Netsky, Fabio, B-Complex, Logistics B2B Nu:Tone, MC Wrec, AD, Darrison, Diane Charlemagne, Terri Pace, Elsa Esmeralda.

Room 2 - Mistajam, SBTRKT, Reso, Sticky + Lady Chann, Suhk Knight, Flux Pavillion, Tomb Crew.

Room 3 - Wah Wah 45s + Friends

There's also an afterparty featuring Danny Byrd and bacon sandwiches :3:

Unfortunately, I live in the States, where no events like this ever seem to occur. And I'm a huge Hospital fan, so seeing all these artists in one night would blow my loving mind.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

zeldadude posted:

Honestly it seems like you would fit in better on DOA than in here. :shobon: (no insult intended)

wait, what?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hospitality Brixton is going on now. I know this because Hospital's tweeting off the hook about it, and I'm incredibly jealous :(

I mean, just look at this line up!

There's also an afterparty featuring Danny Byrd and bacon sandwiches :3:

Unfortunately, I live in the States, where no events like this ever seem to occur. And I'm a huge Hospital fan, so seeing all these artists in one night would blow my loving mind.

You can tune in live here: http://live.breakbeat.co.uk/live/

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

chrix posted:

You can tune in live here: http://live.breakbeat.co.uk/live/

Yeah, unfortunately I'm leaving work right now and I've gotta go somewhere right from here, so I'm not going to be able to tune in :smith:

Hopefully I can catch an encore or something. But I'd really like to be there to experience it.

Baconstyle
Jan 14, 2006

Everyone loves a pony!

zeldadude posted:

Different strokes for different folks. It is sort of a let down after it drops but the buildup is pretty sweet imo.

Honestly if they changed -anything- about the tune compared to how it is in that preview, it would lose all of it appeal to me. I swear, that drop gets my head moving everytime, with-out-fail.

Edit: Why was I born in America? I would do loving ANYTHING to be at brixton hospitality right now :(

Baconstyle fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 25, 2010

Auspex
Dec 21, 2005
Many Bothans died to bring us this information

zeldadude posted:

Hahah nah none taken mate. I genuinely just love dnb so much I just wanna spread the word as much as I can, and like i said, I can see why people would like it and im not cussing anyone for liking that tune it just does nothing for me!

Here's a logistics remix of that SPY - by your side tune, what do you reckon?
http://soundcloud.com/spearheadrecords/by-your-side-logistics-rmx-final

Auspex fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 25, 2010

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
Concord Dawn and Ram Trilogy? Cool.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

chrix posted:

wait, what?

It seems the majority of the DOA community hate Netsky and anything related to "pop dnb". And that song is pretty much the definition of pop dnb.

I dunno, it sounds good and makes me smile so I like it.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

zeldadude posted:

It seems the majority of the DOA community hate Netsky and anything related to "pop dnb". And that song is pretty much the definition of pop dnb.

I dunno, it sounds good and makes me smile so I like it.

I'm not sure...I'm going off Netsky massively and have been since his album came out. I'm all for good pop d&b - but Netsky is just so boring. I loved I Refuse and still mix it regularly, but all his songs are starting to sound the same and it's not even a very interesting template. Meh.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Anae posted:

I'm not sure...I'm going off Netsky massively and have been since his album came out. I'm all for good pop d&b - but Netsky is just so boring. I loved I Refuse and still mix it regularly, but all his songs are starting to sound the same and it's not even a very interesting template. Meh.

I disagree. I'm a huge Hospital fan, so I may be kind of biased, but still. There are artists, even other Hospital acts, that do what you're describing. But I've never found Netsky to be one of them. I think his album is incredibly varied as far as pop DNB goes, and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to get into DNB.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

I disagree. I'm a huge Hospital fan, so I may be kind of biased, but still. There are artists, even other Hospital acts, that do what you're describing. But I've never found Netsky to be one of them. I think his album is incredibly varied as far as pop DNB goes, and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to get into DNB.

I'm also a big Hospital fan - they were my gateway into d&b - but I stand by what I said. Lets pick Logistics' most recent album, seeing as you mentioned other Hospital artists. If you can find me three Netsky tracks as different as these (since he got signed to Hospital):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyXKvD8tj3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGMymCZltCY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcMPYwDMfk8

I will back down entirely.

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007
"Zero Hour" - Allied and "Into the Invisible" - Allied & Kano are practically the same drat track...as long as Netsky doesn't become THAT lazy...He should be ok. (although I will say that "Everyday" and "Eyes Closed", while both good tracks in my eyes, have too drat similar an intro)

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
There's a somewhat well know dnb song that floated around called "made in two minutes" To me that describes everything I hear on the hospital podcast.

hehehewwwwwww
Nov 24, 2005

greagreagrae

hehehewwwwwww fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 18, 2019

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

Zahi posted:

There's a somewhat well know dnb song that floated around called "made in two minutes" To me that describes everything I hear on the hospital podcast.

I'll have to find it...although I know that most of what comes out of Shogun Audio bores the poo poo out of me...

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

There was a popular breakbeat rave tune called "made in two minutes". This isn't the mix I remember but here is a version of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJr3WwPrTFk

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

Riot.EXE posted:

I'll have to find it...although I know that most of what comes out of Shogun Audio bores the poo poo out of me...

WOAH no you didn't. Every release since the start of 2009 has been pure fire. And most of the ones before that too.

Full Circle, Gangsta, Strange Science, Driftwood, Down the Line remix, Aztec, Absentis, Loose Ends, and the forthcoming release Stand Up?! Every single one of those tunes destroys a dance, and Gangsta, Full Circle and Aztec especially have been massive hits.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Anae posted:

WOAH no you didn't. Every release since the start of 2009 has been pure fire. And most of the ones before that too.

Full Circle, Gangsta, Strange Science, Driftwood, Down the Line remix, Aztec, Absentis, Loose Ends, and the forthcoming release Stand Up?! Every single one of those tunes destroys a dance, and Gangsta, Full Circle and Aztec especially have been massive hits.

There's definitely a lot of disagreement among everyone over dnb but we'll not let the thread dissolve into that. Sorry I started a derail and let's get back to the music yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRf3EWm5Eow
A classic. poo poo hits at 2:48.

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

Anae posted:

Yes I did, and I said MOST, not ALL...calm down.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Zahi posted:

There's definitely a lot of disagreement among everyone over dnb but we'll not let the thread dissolve into that. Sorry I started a derail and let's get back to the music yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRf3EWm5Eow
A classic. poo poo hits at 2:48.

Yeah, we really don't need to get into this. DnB is very divided so lets just leave it at that.

I feel like I post my music in here too much, but it's hard to get feedback on dnb from people who don't listen to dnb.. If anyone doesn't like me pimping my poo poo or asking for feedback I'd be happy to stop. But, if no one minds..

I'm looking for feedback on this tune I'm working on. Any thoughts? Still not fully mixed/mastered or arranged.

Otherwise, Grafix - Overtime is one of my favorite tunes currently. Loving the album of his that just recently dropped.

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 27, 2010

Dr. Goonstein
May 31, 2008

zeldadude posted:

Yeah, we really don't need to get into this. DnB is very divided so lets just leave it at that.

I feel like I post my music in here too much, but it's hard to get feedback on dnb from people who don't listen to dnb.. If anyone doesn't like me pimping my poo poo or asking for feedback I'd be happy to stop. But, if no one minds..

I'm looking for feedback on this tune I'm working on. Any thoughts? Still not fully mixed/mastered or arranged.

Otherwise, Grafix - Overtime is one of my favorite tunes currently. Loving the album of his that just recently dropped.

I absolutely love this track. Keep up the awesome work on it. Give it a cool ending and you are set. I love seeing you post new tracks, so it is awesome by me if you keep it up.

That Grafix song is pretty drat good too.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Dr. Goonstein posted:

I absolutely love this track. Keep up the awesome work on it. Give it a cool ending and you are set. I love seeing you post new tracks, so it is awesome by me if you keep it up.

That Grafix song is pretty drat good too.

Hey thanks dude, I'm glad you enjoy it! I believe in like two weeks, once I feel this song is finally perfect, I'm gonna send it out to a bunch of labels. I'm really wishing I can get it released, even if its just on beatport or something.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Goddamn, zeldadude. That's a really great track! Keep it up, man.

I could definitely see you getting signed with stuff like that. At least, I hope you do!

Mexican Samurai
Nov 12, 2005
A small preview of High Contrast's new song Fearful Symmetry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0oMfhgZX0w

Cleaned up a little from a live performance, but I'm psyched for his upcoming album.

Edit: Also, a new song that is unnamed but it looks like it was made by him. Also, this song played earlier in the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id7rQzldIm0

Mexican Samurai fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 27, 2010

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Goddamn, zeldadude. That's a really great track! Keep it up, man.

I could definitely see you getting signed with stuff like that. At least, I hope you do!

Yeah I think so too. It's crazy seeing how quickly you've been progressing over the last couple months. Just keep at it, you seem to have a real natural feel for how to make a chill, grooving, liquid track.

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007
A Jump-Up Drum & Bass Mix by Ravager

TRACKLIST

00:00 - 1 - Ravager & Sidius - ?? (Unsigned dub)
03:15 - 2 - Ravager - Murdah Dub (Direct Recordings dub)
04:31 - 3 - Ravager - Insomniac (Unsigned dub)
06:40 - 4 - Ravager - The Chase (Dirty Disco VIP) (Darkvibe Rec. dub)
10:26 - 5 - Ravager - Satellites (Darkvibe Recordings dub)
12:36 - 6 - Ravager - Moon Chant (Darkvibe Recordings dub)
14:25 - 7 - Ravager - In My Mind (Unsigned dub)
16:45 - 8 - Ravager - Get Satisfied (Direct Recordings dub)
19:39 - 9 - Ravager - Distant Shores (Unsigned dub)
22:00 - 10 - Ravager - Secrets (Unsigned dub)
25:48 - 11 - Ravager - Extraterrestrials (Drumstep VIP) (Darkvibe Recordings dub)
29:40 - 12 - Ravager - Extraterrestrials (Darkvibe Rec.)

P.S. Zeldadude, you're really puttin' it down over there...keep it up!

Anae
Apr 23, 2008
Oops. Guess I didn't read my post back before I posted, wasn't meant to be angry at all, just surprised. Apologies!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Earlier in this thread Mr. linked to this fella on YouTube, Moleman, who produces some pretty nice liquid tracks. Anyway here is some new stuff from Moleman:

Moleman - Free
Moleman & Modu - Our World
Moleman - Burst

I've been talking to Moleman a bit recently and he is a good bloke. Currently he is trying to get signed with Hospital/Med School so if anyone can provide any tips it would be great.

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

SUBFRIES posted:

I'm always happy to see more Culture Shock and Break releases :)

BTW, anyone in the DC area, I am DJ'ing on Friday October 1st at this:

http://dcdnb.tumblr.com/post/1161419427/dcdnb-carries-on-october-1-2010-the-golden-era-of

Klute and some solid DC dnb DJs in room one, then me and three friends playing a little dnb and a lot of other stuff in the second room; Signal is going by SGNL now and he was part of Robot Death Squad. He's got an album coming out in a few months.

This, with the intensity of 10,000 burning suns.

Also for all that fell out of love with the hospital podcast, check out the Expansion Broadcast.

http://www.expansionbroadcast.com/

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

cheese-cube posted:

Earlier in this thread Mr. linked to this fella on YouTube, Moleman, who produces some pretty nice liquid tracks. Anyway here is some new stuff from Moleman:

Moleman - Free
Moleman & Modu - Our World
Moleman - Burst

I've been talking to Moleman a bit recently and he is a good bloke. Currently he is trying to get signed with Hospital/Med School so if anyone can provide any tips it would be great.

I talk with Moleman too so this isnt really me hating, but he still has a ways to go before Hospital would sign him, particularly in the mixing and mastering department. Good guy though and I enjoy his songs.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Welp, I know what I'll be doing on NYE:

(Picture taken from the latest issue of X-Press. The Origin website is still under construction.)

Pretty psyched over this amazing lineup.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hey look, yet another amazing show that I'd give almost anything to go to that's being held out of the country :smith:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Hey look, yet another amazing show that I'd give almost anything to go to that's being held out of the country :smith:

We rarely ever get lineups this amazing in Perth, especially on New Years Eve. Usually it's just "Pendulum and some other guys".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dog-Broccoli Gambit
Jan 19, 2004

cheese-cube posted:

We rarely ever get lineups this amazing in Perth, especially on New Years Eve. Usually it's just "Pendulum and some other guys".

Whaaaaaaat?

Last year Origin was Klute, Spectrasoul, LTJ Bukem, Ed Rush & Optical, and Marky

Year before that was Phace, Noisia, Chase & Status, Sub Focus, D-Bridge and Jenna G. The first Origin, before that one, was TC & Jakes, Noisia, Spor, Calyx & Teebee, Logistics, Commix, and Gridlok (though I think one of them cancelled). We consistently have good lineups on new years in Perth. Not only on new years either, we get it pretty good for the most isolated capital city in the world.