Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

communistdew posted:

And, while exciting, it is overshadowed by the arrival of my Monotron.

Analog, battery-powered Korg synthesizer. I pictured them together for size comparison. Look at the size of that thing! It's teensy! And you can hook a guitar through it. Or any other sound source. Exciting!!

Have you tried running any other audio through the Monotron yet? It has the same filters as an MS20 and can apparently bring the squelch like nobody's business.

My latest purchase: Peavey Bandit 112. Got it 2nd hand from a pawn shop for £130, loud as gently caress for it's size. Pedals left to right for those who care: Vox Time Machine delay, Ibanez CF7 chorus/flanger [wouldn't recommend it really, but can get some almost ringmod-like tones out of it, and I got it cheap] Marshall Shredmaster distortion, Boss DS1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communistdew
Sep 11, 2005
Where do we light our cigars with dollah bills?

BittyWings posted:

Have you tried running any other audio through the Monotron yet? It has the same filters as an MS20 and can apparently bring the squelch like nobody's business.

It certainly does. I've hooked it up to my..ahem..phone and played a little keyboard app through it. You can seriously mess with the sounds. I have to get my amp out in order to play my guitar through it, but so far I'm pretty impressed.

I don't think you can play a guitar straight through it without an amp, but if anyone knows how to do that, then I am obviously doing something wrong.

And you can squelch the night away.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

communistdew posted:

It certainly does. I've hooked it up to my..ahem..phone and played a little keyboard app through it. You can seriously mess with the sounds. I have to get my amp out in order to play my guitar through it, but so far I'm pretty impressed.

I don't think you can play a guitar straight through it without an amp, but if anyone knows how to do that, then I am obviously doing something wrong.

And you can squelch the night away.

You basically need some kind of amp or pedal with a preamp to generate a signal- even a lovely multi-fx should do it.

Alternatively, if your guitar amp has an fx loop, try it with that? That's what i do with my Kaoss Pad.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Cross posting from the synth thread: Analogue Haven is having a 10% off sale through the 29th. They have lots of boutique pedals that should be of interest to you. You could also start your monster modular now.

communistdew
Sep 11, 2005
Where do we light our cigars with dollah bills?

BittyWings posted:

You basically need some kind of amp or pedal with a preamp to generate a signal- even a lovely multi-fx should do it.

Alternatively, if your guitar amp has an fx loop, try it with that? That's what i do with my Kaoss Pad.

Ah. Ok. Well I just happen to have a preamp, so perhaps I will try going through that. I just looked at my amp and it doesn't have an fx loop (vox ad15vt), so I think I'll give the preamp a go. Thanks!

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Zakalwe posted:

If you're not learning how to play the Doctor Who theme music on that right now, I hate you.

I think it's okay for day 6. I have a lesson tomorrow.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

Paramemetic posted:

I think it's okay for day 6. I have a lesson tomorrow.

Awesome! Conidering how lo ng I've been playing guitar and the skill level I'm at, I'd wager that I'd be able to do that after about 2 years.

dissin department
Apr 7, 2007

"I has music dysleskia."

Bit the bullet on this. Silverburst is so sexy :swoon:

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH
Part of me actually prefers the Agile headstock to the Gibson headstock; they did a really good job on that design

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

Schlieren posted:

Part of me actually prefers the Agile headstock to the Gibson headstock; they did a really good job on that design

Yeah, it's really really grown on me. The script of the logo is nifty too along with the fleur de lis.

dissin department
Apr 7, 2007

"I has music dysleskia."
I'm way too excited for this guitar. It's my first real electric- I've just been borrowing this weird strat knockoff from a friend that he drew dicks all over.
My parents don't say anything about it anymore.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Agreed posted:

I have a FuzzHugger Pipe Amp.

I recorded a demo of Pipe Amp. I had to get a new mic stand because I couldn't find my old one.

The backing track is something I got a long rear end time ago in HC Cool Jam if I remember correctly, or from one of the free backing track sites. I have a tiny bit of reverb on the Pipe Amp lead track to help it fit in a bit better but other than that no EQ or other post processing surgery, you're hearing Pipe Amp's fuzz mode in all its pipey glory.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

Agreed posted:

I recorded a demo of Pipe Amp. I had to get a new mic stand because I couldn't find my old one.

The backing track is something I got a long rear end time ago in HC Cool Jam if I remember correctly, or from one of the free backing track sites. I have a tiny bit of reverb on the Pipe Amp lead track to help it fit in a bit better but other than that no EQ or other post processing surgery, you're hearing Pipe Amp's fuzz mode in all its pipey glory.

I did not need to hear that. loving GAS...

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I spend too much time playing this instead of whatever $800+ pedal chain I have hooked up at the time, so for $95 it's a pretty good deal. Also it is super, super easy to record. Just point a microphone around it somewhere and it'll sound good. 9V powered, although I believe it is also partially powered by awesome.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
I'm really feeling the lack of reverb on the new amp, and I've been looking for a decent deal on a Digitech Whammy for a million years, I'm dying for a good delay pedal (I'm so hard for the the El Capistan), I've been keeping my eye out of an OCD, I feel like I should have a flange and a chorus in there somewhere, the POG2 haunts me nightly, and to make things worse I've been thinking of a new guitar, since I'm starting to feel the P90s on my Godin are kind of limiting at times. I guess I'll just throw a god drat pipe amp into the loving mix! :argh:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

It has a mode that does low volume clean to not very high volume "overdrive," but the magic is the fuzz. And by magic, I mean that it is literally the product of non-physical and a-causal interactions without explicable origin. Fuzz.

I don't know how to make a better case for it than "it is an amp... in a pipe!" but that isn't enough for everyone. Hopefully that clip does show that it can record super easily and sound good! In my opinion!

I could go from there and actually do some mixing to it and have a really kick rear end fuzz tone sound. I didn't do -any- post-EQ at all, even though I could just a preset on there that I made with ReaEQ called "make fit in track better" and it would immediately make fit in track better. That's just a SM-57, a cheap mic pre, and a backing track. Does not get easier than that.

Does anyone want me to do a more thorough demo of it? I recorded the mode that makes me go all :allears:, because there are plenty of little practice amp cheapies that do "regular" sounds in kind of a mediocre way, but nothing that sounds like a super fuzzed out Fender Champ, and for $100 and running off of a single 9V battery. Fuzz is a great sound and it is in a pipe, if I haven't already mentioned how kickass a pipe-mounted amp is, let me do that here. (Seriously, this is a pipe amp and that is awesome.)

If it has a weakness, it's that it doesn't get super loud. But, come on, it's running off of a 9V battery, it's not supposed to get loud, right?

Agreed fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 25, 2010

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
Well thanks for making me probably buy one you butt.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

man thats gross posted:

Well thanks for making me probably buy one you butt.

I do what I can to force others into the same cycle of empty consumption that occupies my life and makes our world go round!

(Seriously, though, Tom makes a lot of really cool products, I consider him one of the nicer guys in the business and I think this little gadget has a lot of potential to be a cool, break-out product for him if more people get to check one out. It does not sound like a fuzz pedal into a conventional amp, it really has a cool sound that I don't think could come from anything but the sort of peculiar, interesting construction he's employed. It's a neat circuit, too. I have discussed potentially having an "effect out" in future revisions, who knows if anything will come of it, I can however confirm that it will - hilariously - drive an 8ohm or greater cabinet. A little tiny pipe with a 9V battery in it running a 4x12 is retarded and awesome. But the best usage of it is strictly as it comes. You can put it anywhere, record it with anything, power it with a 9V and in general have a lot cooler of a product - and a lot more fun - than $95 usually gets you)

BittyWings posted:

Content: One of these nifty little gizmos on the way! :dance:

I will post a trip report once it's arrived.

I am hurting for this trip report, man, surely it has arrived by now!

Agreed fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 25, 2010

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Agreed posted:

I do what I can to force others into the same cycle of empty consumption that occupies my life and makes our world go round!
Hey I found this sweet photo of the view from Agreed's window

Of course, I'm really not one to talk. :)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

If you wear the glasses, all you can hear is a Mitt Romney stump speech from 2008 played over and over and over. Best just leave those damned things alone.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Yay!
After the mail was delivered today, I realized that I have new cufflinks

for my new tuxedo!

(I've never actually OWNED a Strat before, and hadn't owned a Tele before I picked one up earlier this year)

I'm stoked, it's a 50th Anniversary American Standard, stock everything so far. Immediate plans are the locking tuners, black pickguard, Graphtech saddles and some other pickups, of some sort, to be determined later.

Edit: I REALLY need to wipe off my phone camera lens, sorry for the lovely pic.

iostream.h fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 25, 2010

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Has anyone here had any experience with Karma mics? Their K-micro line is really really cheap and is getting pretty good reviews, but I'm sceptical. I want to get a pair but they're currently back-ordered.

$30usd a pair, and they look tiny.

Shalkore
Oct 11, 2007

Welcome to 2012!

iostream.h posted:

Yay!
After the mail was delivered today, I realized that I have new cufflinks

for my new tuxedo!

(I've never actually OWNED a Strat before, and hadn't owned a Tele before I picked one up earlier this year)

I'm stoked, it's a 50th Anniversary American Standard, stock everything so far. Immediate plans are the locking tuners, black pickguard, Graphtech saddles and some other pickups, of some sort, to be determined later.

Edit: I REALLY need to wipe off my phone camera lens, sorry for the lovely pic.

Black pickguard on black body? That's an odd choice. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I'm just curious why you picked black over the white. Also, I hear Texas specials for the pickups are especially fantastic for MIA strats but I've never owned one so take that with a grain of salt.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Shalkore posted:

Black pickguard on black body? That's an odd choice. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I'm just curious why you picked black over the white.

(I've always been a big Gilmour fan, even if it's not really reflected in what I do and I think it's a nice look.)

For pickups, I'm leaning towards something with an 'airy' sound, I haven't really put much thought into it yet, I'll probably decide while it's with my tech getting set up properly.

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.
Bought this beautiful acoustic/electric bass a couple weeks ago. I walked into the store intending on spending no more than $400 or $500 but when I saw this bass I had to play it, and when I played it...well, I spent around three times that about, and do regret it in the least.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, my brand new Victor Bailey signature series acoustic bass, made by Fender:

Look at that beautiful loving bass. Not only does she look like a million dollars, she sounds like a dream as well. I played this one after playing a $150 bass and it made made the cheaper one sound like a Wal-Mart toy. She has such a deep, warm, resonant sound.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
That is some serious fuzz, Agreed. How's the pipe contain and direct things?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Well, if you look at it, it's pretty much exactly what it looks like. It's directional because it's a little pipe with a speaker and a surround on one side, and a chamber holding the guts and the battery on the other. The chamber does fatten that little 3" speaker up considerably, but it's going to point sound where it's aimed. In this case, I just stuck a mic on it without a lot of regard for where, about an inch and a half so above it. It was facing up, the mic was facing down, and you hear the result.

There are pretty much two ways to use it. Either stick the pipe speaker-up, or put it on its side. Either way it sounds fine. It's easier to mic on its back, so to speak, because you can just hang a mic however and it'll work.

To put it in perspective, it is not quite an inch taller than a standard 12oz can. It's about 5" in diameter at the widest (speaker side), which includes the 3" speaker diameter and the 1" foam surround that helps direct it further, plus the pipe and grill installation.

Edit: The one thing I did was make sure I wasn't EXACTLY dead center, because I wanted to highlight how thick and beefy it sounds. If you mic it up exactly at the center it thins out a bit. However, again for the sake of perspective my mic (an SM-57 style mic, not sure if this specific brand is still available but it's pretty much the same thing in both sound and form factor) has a diaphragm that is approximate 1/3 the size of the speaker. A diaphragm:speaker ratio that high plus the generally nice way that the sound projects (in kind of a ball in front of the pipe opening) makes it, to belabor the point a bit, really, really, really easy to record. I love small speaker amps, they're all just so simple to track. It's nearly impossible to screw up, the sound is just what it is and you'll capture it if you have even half a clue. Of course if it sucks then it'll sound like easily recorded suck, but every once in awhile somebody hits gold with one of these small designs, and this is an example of that in my opinion.

I could do a little bit of post on that track and have it sounding like an expensive fuzz pedal into an expensive amp, and that, to me, is an amazing trick. It's a $100ish, durability-first portable amp built into plumbing equipment. Pipes are not known for their refined acoustic properties. I have never encountered another combo amp built into a pipe. But, sure enough, the interaction of the little speaker with the (comparatively) roomy-but-sealed chamber and the way it projects thanks to the well-implemented surround makes this tiny 9V amp sound seriously fat, in person or recorded.

All of the laboriously, obnoxiously wordy poo poo above applies to the pulled pot "Fuzz" mode. The other side of the amp works for what it is, but it is not a good reason to buy the amp. For about the same price used you can get a Roland Microcube or a Vox DA5 that will do clean and overdrive sounds better than the Pipe Amp. Neither is as durable, but the DA5 especially just walks all over it for clean and overdriven (and conventional high gain) tones. Plus, they have effects, and they can get louder. The DA5 can get REALLY loud, stupid loud for the small size, and never farts out because it uses a big enough speaker to avoid that (unlike the Microcube - and unlike, thankfully, the Pipe Amp).

The Fuzz mode is the good reason to buy the amp. A really, really, really good reason to buy the amp. My opinion, again, and I do consider Tom a friend so I am not entirely unbiased, but I didn't do jack to the track to make it sound like that so if you dig what you hear, that's what you'll get :) No other portable amp does fuzz like this. You would have to buy a nice fuzz pedal, I'd say for a similar sound you'd want a fairly hot silicon Fuzz Face, but it won't have the same fat but gated tone that has a cool response to playing. The Pipe Amp pulls a genuinely neat trick and that's what impresses me about it. It replaces a much more expensive rig for recording purposes and will do its job really well for practice, etc., while being extremely competitively priced new, made in the U.S., good warranty. And you're supporting FuzzHugger(fx), a cool little company that has gone from dealing other fuzzes to being one of the driving forces in the small-builder fuzz scene, with a neat group of builders who share ideas and shoot the poo poo over at the FuzzHugger(fx) run http://ilovefuzz.com/ (inherited from Devi Ever when she moved on and away from running the site).

Starting to sound like an ad, so I'm going to cut it off. If you want more clips, or have any questions, feel free to ask. I am one of the first people to have one of these, and I think I'm the first or second person besides Tom to put a clip out. I don't think he expected it to be as popular as it is proving to be. I know as much about it as anyone else does, and I've got it ready to record, so if you want info or something else to go on hit me up and I'll do what I can.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 26, 2010

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Agreed posted:

If you want more clips, or have any questions, feel free to ask. I am one of the first people to have one of these, and I think I'm the first or second person besides Tom to put a clip out. I don't think he expected it to be as popular as it is proving to be. I know as much about it as anyone else does, and I've got it ready to record, so if you want info or something else to go on hit me up and I'll do what I can.

I know you went into some detail on how the pipe's clean sound is not its selling point, but I'd be interested in hearing a little guitar as clean as you can get it.

If I buy a pipe, it'll be for the fuzz, but I am curious.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Sure, I'll see what I can do. The two modes are actually overdrive and fuzz, because the "clean" sound is seriously not very clean at all, it's still distorting. I mean, it's running a clipping circuit in addition to a level amplification circuit off of a single 9V battery, that doesn't leave a lot of juice for clean headroom, if you dig it.

Edit: Actually, Tom's demo shows the full range of its overdrive mode well, if this doesn't do it for you let me know and I can do something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnoZNHCrOM8

Agreed fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 26, 2010

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I just found my holy grain on ebay and scatched that poo poo UP:

A 99 Peavey Classic 50 head! Yes! Sure sure, I already own this in a 2x12 combo but that's different. That's not a HEAD. This is the head. These things are becoming idiot-stupid in prices lately (one on Craigslist here in Atlanta for $650. What the hell), and I got this one for $375.

I'm thinking about getting a 410 cabinet to go with it. There's a beat-to-hell Marshal 1960A on CL for $275. But that's 4x12, not 10. Sigh. I need more money. And need to sell more poo poo now.

Curse you consumerist greed!!

edit: no, I didn't remove the shameful Peavey logo. That appears to be the trend with these things. That way we keep the secret secret, know what I'm saying? In fact, forget you read any of this. Keep looking for that 67 Bassman head for $700.

What about a Bogner cabinet? Are these any good?
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/msg/1930401975.html

magnificent7 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 27, 2010

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Agreed posted:

Edit: Actually, Tom's demo shows the full range of its overdrive mode well, if this doesn't do it for you let me know and I can do something else.

Thanks, I had watched it before, but wasn't really paying attention. That's actually cleaner than I was expecting. Man, I just want to take one home and plug every guitar in the house into it one after another and play it alllll dayyyyy.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Agreed posted:

I am hurting for this trip report, man, surely it has arrived by now!

Oh yeah, sorry! (I have been basically living at work the last week or so).

Anyway, the Vox Time Machine is (as pretty much every other review out there says) one of the most transparent pedals you ever heard. Seriously, it has zero line noise whether on or off.

There is a 'hi-fi/lo-fi' toggle that flips between a totally pristine delay sound, and a slightly modulated one that loses bandwidth with each repeat, though you gotta whack up the feedback to really get the most out of this as it can be quite subtle with fewer repeats.

Delay times run between 1ms and SIX loving SECONDS, allowing mental 'pipe' effects, and some nice thickening all the way through to 'I don't even remember playing that' levels of ambient soundscapes. It's also possible to get a weird recreation of that 'tape pile-up' effect if you crank the feedback and mess about with the very short delay times.

Holding down the tap tempo button switches between the aforementioned pure digital delays (hi-fi setting plus green light= perfect recreation) and a more modulated analogue-type tone, which combines nicely with the lo-fi setting.

Whilst it's never gonna compete with something like the Boss RE201 Space Echo for analogue style sounds (tbh, it's not designed for that), it can offer a nice character to your tone, and I found getting Wes Borland-y sounds a breeze.

It also sounds really nice and clear with a bass guitar- I've always struggled with getting nice echoes on my bass, but not with this one- add a bit of chorus and you can pretend you are in Tool.

TLDR; I love it, but it's not for everyone- if you want murky analogue style echoes, you'd be better off looking elsewhere, but if crystal clear delays and a really simple, friendly interface (those chicken head knobs are FANTASTIC, I wish all pedals had them!) with a bit of character that lets your playing, rather than 'the effect' shine through, then try one out. Just remember to do it after payday.

archie
Sep 16, 2003

Mr Lee! Why You No Wear Uniform?
a few little bits and bobs recently acquired with currency

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

BittyWings posted:

Oh yeah, sorry! (I have been basically living at work the last week or so).

Anyway, the Vox Time Machine is (as pretty much every other review out there says) one of the most transparent pedals you ever heard. Seriously, it has zero line noise whether on or off.

There is a 'hi-fi/lo-fi' toggle that flips between a totally pristine delay sound, and a slightly modulated one that loses bandwidth with each repeat, though you gotta whack up the feedback to really get the most out of this as it can be quite subtle with fewer repeats.

Delay times run between 1ms and SIX loving SECONDS, allowing mental 'pipe' effects, and some nice thickening all the way through to 'I don't even remember playing that' levels of ambient soundscapes. It's also possible to get a weird recreation of that 'tape pile-up' effect if you crank the feedback and mess about with the very short delay times.

Holding down the tap tempo button switches between the aforementioned pure digital delays (hi-fi setting plus green light= perfect recreation) and a more modulated analogue-type tone, which combines nicely with the lo-fi setting.

Whilst it's never gonna compete with something like the Boss RE201 Space Echo for analogue style sounds (tbh, it's not designed for that), it can offer a nice character to your tone, and I found getting Wes Borland-y sounds a breeze.

It also sounds really nice and clear with a bass guitar- I've always struggled with getting nice echoes on my bass, but not with this one- add a bit of chorus and you can pretend you are in Tool.

TLDR; I love it, but it's not for everyone- if you want murky analogue style echoes, you'd be better off looking elsewhere, but if crystal clear delays and a really simple, friendly interface (those chicken head knobs are FANTASTIC, I wish all pedals had them!) with a bit of character that lets your playing, rather than 'the effect' shine through, then try one out. Just remember to do it after payday.

Thanks for the report :) I've been keeping an eye on it, its tap options especially seem enticing; as far as the delay sound on its own, it seems like it's aimed at being a straightforward, Boss-style digital delay. Enough options to be functional in multiple scenarios, some cool little gadgets here and there, but mainly a "bread and butter" digital delay that lets you pretty quickly and easily set it differently for different material as required for live use.

I'd still love some clips, if you can record it?

Edit: FWIW I have, use, and love a Satchurator, which is totally a Japanese DS-1 with a little more range on the tone knob and a couple cool additions (:love: the "More" switch, ramps up the voltage at the clipping stage to go from rhythm to lead without any need for a second pedal). It seems like Satriani's pedals are aimed, unsurprisingly, at doing what Satriani wants from pedals, letting him get sounds he's been familiar with already but adding some features he might have felt were lacking. I like that approach to a signature pedal. Rather than going nuts with features that aren't sensible and are basically just name whoring, make something the artist will actually want! Another good example is the MXR Zakk Wylde OD. Totally just an SD-1 circuit, but with a different style bypass (not true, but not bleeding the sound through into the bypassed signal either, and functional when there's no power - what they often call a "hardwire bypass") and a wider frequency response hit the amp with more low end thump and more high harmonics. Well, and a more aggressive op-amp than the SD-1. It makes sense, Zakk Wylde has used an SD-1 forever and there was even a tiny limited run of Zakk Wylde bullseye painted Boss SD-1s.

I like signature pedals that don't depart from what the artist would want, and I don't like signature pedals that are just an artist's agent rubber-stamping whatever. George Lynch, I love the Dragon Wah but I'm looking at you, buddy. You're going to tell me you use a Zoom G2 ever? :what:

Agreed fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 27, 2010

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
Spot the difference! :neckbeard:

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

iostream.h posted:

(I've always been a big Gilmour fan, even if it's not really reflected in what I do and I think it's a nice look.)

Black/black/maple is a fantastic look for Fenders IMO, and I don't really care about Gilmour. Good choice.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

dissin department posted:

Bit the bullet on this. Silverburst is so sexy :swoon:

The other guitarist in my band has been drooling over one of these for a few months. What is your review on it? I relay what you have to say so he can make an educated decision. He is trying to shy away from the epiphone silverburst, is the agile worth it?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Stock image since I dropped it off at the practice area on my way home.

Happened to see it covered in dust at the bottom of a parts bin. Got it cheap. Figured it was kind of kismet since I've been pondering the idea of going towards a bit more automation and consolidation.

archie posted:

a few little bits and bobs recently acquired with currency

I'm dying for a set of those to replace my current AKG K240's. How are you liking them so far?

dissin department
Apr 7, 2007

"I has music dysleskia."

washburn085 posted:

The other guitarist in my band has been drooling over one of these for a few months. What is your review on it? I relay what you have to say so he can make an educated decision. He is trying to shy away from the epiphone silverburst, is the agile worth it?

I don't actually get it until Thursday, but point him at some youtube videos. I saw one in particular where it was demoed against a Gibson standard LP, and the LP sounded just a little better- but not 800~ dollars worth of better.
edit: the general consensus seems to be that the Agile series is a lot better buy than the Epiphones, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Wellp, dropped the bomb and picked up a Decimator G-String, and it seems to have totally destroyed all my noise issues. I seriously can't believe how well it works, the proper test will be at rehearsal this week with the noisy power socket in the jam room, but all signs are good so far. Thanks Agreed for the recommendation :)

Anyone in Australia want to buy a regular ISP Decimator?