Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

:aaaaa:

I want to say this is the best day ever, and I have dead mail server!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This is genuinely exciting. Berserk is my favorite series, and I don't really watch anything anymore, so it's nice to have something to look forward to.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
A part of me wishes they could reproduce the old, grainy, simplistic cel animation from the first series rather than digital animation for the new series.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Well they already animated the best part of the manga, so hopefully they do the second best part, with Mozgus, before Berserk became Blase.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I was all set to be crazy-go-nuts angry at the new posts not actually being a new chapter, and then I clicked the link.

Today is a good day.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

DrakePegasus posted:

I was all set to be crazy-go-nuts angry at the new posts not actually being a new chapter, and then I clicked the link.

Today is a good day.

It's the best news we could get outside of Miura announcing he would work on a regular schedule again. So I'll take it, cause more Berserk can't be a bad thing.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Ahh! This is fantastic news!

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Here's hoping we get at least one episode every two months!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If they pick up where the previous one left off, how the HELL are they going to get the "Lost Children" arc TV-Friendly, even in Japan?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Fabricated posted:

If they pick up where the previous one left off, how the HELL are they going to get the "Lost Children" arc TV-Friendly, even in Japan?

I'm pretty sure they could skip it without significantly impacting the plot.

I like it as a story, especially since it's probably the closest Berserk will ever get to complete and self-contained, but even if they cut the worst of it it's still about children murdering each other for fun.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 28, 2010

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Fabricated posted:

If they do "pick up where they left off", they had better include a "Those who hunt Dragons" mini-arc. I really liked a lot of the stuff in there.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm pretty sure they could skip it without significantly impacting the plot.

I like it as a story, especially since it's probably the closest Berserk will ever get to complete and self-contained, but even if they cut the worst of it it's still about children murdering each other for fun.

I'll bet you a thousand dollars that Berserk will be finished before the end of Kentaro Miura's lifetime.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
If I were Kintaro Miura, I would have a massive troll prepared, just in case I die. I would write one chapter that is only to be released in the event of my death.

This chapter would show Guts accidentally tripping and falling on his sword. As he struggles to his feet, he would accidentally discharge his cannon into his own foot, accidentally setting his clothes on fire in the process. The fire would reach his stash of spiky explosives, and blow him in half.

The last panel would show Zodd pouring out a bottle of booze over a crude gravestone.

Edit: Hell, screw the last panel. It would be a beautifully drawn, two page, panoramic view of Guts's final resting place.

Lord_Pigeonbane fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 28, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Nihnoz posted:

I'll bet you a thousand dollars that Berserk will be finished before the end of Kentaro Miura's lifetime.

Make it "within ten years" and I'd probably take you on.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I imagine they will probably cut it off at Griffith's resurrection for one "season." Otherwise they'll catch up pretty drat quick.

I can seriously though go without the riding of Guts' sword or the massive troll loving.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Edit: Hell, screw the last panel. It would be a beautifully drawn, two page, panoramic view of Guts's final resting place.

Pfft, this is Miura we're talking about. I'm sure the last page would be a 2 page spread of Griffith looking mournful at his grave.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

I read this, went into the next room to tell my boyfriend, then stutteringly denied the possibility when he said "neat... what if it sucks?"

The Twitter is all commercial announcements so far :<.
Here's where they'll show up: http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html

Kusaru fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 28, 2010

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
All CG animation? The director must have found a piece of software that can automatically animate a severed torso.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Has anyone posted this image yet?

Click here for the full 1920x1620 image.

Maxwell Adams posted:

All CG animation? The director must have found a piece of software that can automatically animate a severed torso.

Ragdoll physics.

TheStupidOne
Apr 7, 2007

by angerbot
The trailer is up! Looks quite promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihPs4BoDvo

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Well, I certainly have a full on raging boner right now. This is very exciting news!

PieThief
Apr 9, 2009
Yer mother'sh a whore, Trebek!

TheStupidOne posted:

Holy god drat, that looks great. :fap:

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
wait we're going to have a "commercial film" release in two days?:
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html

I really hope they go the hellsing ultimate route. I don't care how long it takes for them to animate the manga.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Needs more Susumu Hirasawa, but looks promising other than that.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

hog wizard posted:

Well, I certainly have a full on raging boner right now. This is very exciting news!

Make that two boners currently going on in this thread, and most likely many more from those too polite to speak of their members made erect by this trailer and news.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

From the trailer it looks like it was taking place when Griffith visits the grave of the old Band of the Hawk and Guts just charge in like a maniac before being intercepted by Zodd. Could it be directly after the first eclipse (the end of the first anime)?

igotbored
Mar 29, 2010
The last scene looks like it's from when Guts leaves the Band of the Hawk; Griffith isn't wearing his winged armor.

So I guess this is a complete remake, from the beginning? Whatever they're making I'm really excited.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Nevermind.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

stabbington posted:

Needs more Susumu Hirasawa

I am this close to tweeting him something along the lines of "PLEASE DON'T RUIN MY DREAMS FOREVER BY SAYING YOU'RE NOT INVOLVED"

That being said, it looks very nice, and it also looks like those teaser images from way back when are indeed from this project

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

igotbored posted:

The last scene looks like it's from when Guts leaves the Band of the Hawk; Griffith isn't wearing his winged armor.

So I guess this is a complete remake, from the beginning? Whatever they're making I'm really excited.

Could be a flashback really.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'm hoping they start over with Puck there. But, looking at that, comic relief doesn't seem high on their priorities.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

Please remake.

If nothing else it allows me to have more Berserk in my life.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

TheStupidOne posted:

This looks exactly like those images floating around the net a while back. Shots of Puck, Zodd, and Skull Knight. They may even be in this thread.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Berserk anime thread: Next episode in three months

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

stabbington posted:

Needs more Susumu Hirasawa, but looks promising other than that.

poo poo, that's the only thing that would make it just perfect. Here's hoping.

You Are
Dec 1, 2006

We Todd Ed.

Andrigaar posted:

I'm hoping they start over with Puck there. But, looking at that, comic relief doesn't seem high on their priorities.

If I ever needed comic relief when watching Berserk or reading Cormac McCarthy books, I would take a five and watch some Sunny in Philadelphia.

But let's be honest: adding Puck to the Berserk anime would make it too airy and cute.

What we need to do is go full throttle and Edgar Allen Poe this bitch.

(edit: and by "we" I mean "they." And I will love Berserk no matter what. Don't take my words too seriously guys...)

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Make it "within ten years" and I'd probably take you on.

Oooh, that's a hard one. I'll settle for twenty years, no less.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

You Are posted:

If I ever needed comic relief when watching Berserk or reading Cormac McCarthy books, I would take a five and watch some Sunny in Philadelphia.

But let's be honest: adding Puck to the Berserk anime would make it too airy and cute.

What we need to do is go full throttle and Edgar Allen Poe this bitch.

(edit: and by "we" I mean "they." And I will love Berserk no matter what. Don't take my words too seriously guys...)

I think "The Road" could have used some comic relief, not so for "Blood Meridian". "No Country..." is on the banister waiting to be read. Will he ever add any? Hell no, it's Cormack loving McCarthy.

I don't think it'd be too airy and cute since he just breaks up the gloomy dread every so often, and, while it's been a long while, I think he witnesses some hosed up stuff just be being able to fly around and scout.

I just think this sort if material needs a break in pacing. Without it said overwhelming dread eventually becomes a joke or to the point where you stop watching because even morbid curiosity takes a backseat to not wanting to deal with it.

You Are
Dec 1, 2006

We Todd Ed.

Andrigaar posted:

I just think this sort if material needs a break in pacing. Without it said overwhelming dread eventually becomes a joke or to the point where you stop watching because even morbid curiosity takes a backseat to not wanting to deal with it.

I never really thought of it that way. The story would become...cheapened if there was nothing to counter the despair.

It will feel cheapened if there's some way-too super-cutesy annoying fart floating around, too, mind you...everything in balance, I guess. Just enough cute to make it bearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

You Are posted:

I never really thought of it that way. The story would become...cheapened if there was nothing to counter the despair.

It will feel cheapened if there's some way-too super-cutesy annoying fart floating around, too, mind you...everything in balance, I guess. Just enough cute to make it bearable.

When I think of dramas with breaks, I always think of Stand and Deliver. Without the breaks it'd be 100 minutes of people mostly freaking out.

Though it's up to debate if you want a roller coaster ride of up and down, and, what most of you guys want, Silent Hill 2's descent into the abyss until the credits role.