Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

looks like indiana jones without a license

Isn't that what the Adventurers line was all along?

e: This pyramid looks like fun: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54191445@N03/5016202316/in/photostream/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sair
May 11, 2007

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

looks like indiana jones without a license

It always was. Come to think of it, do they still have the Indiana Jones license?

sam.freak
Nov 21, 2004

That's it baby just a bit to the left. Perfect. Now show us your tits.
Don't care.

Scarabs, mummies, pyramids and Horus guards? I'm in. I wannnnt ittttttttt.

Bophf
Sep 10, 2006

well I oh

Umbra Dubium posted:

If you don't get any takers of a more local nature, would you be willing to ship a complete set of series 2 to the UK? :)

Sure! I'm sending packages to Leicester and Newcastle this week anyway (studied in Durham for 2 years, now my friends want American candy all the time) so why not, eh?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Time Cowboy posted:

e: This pyramid looks like fun: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54191445@N03/5016202316/in/photostream/

This time it looks like the main character of this line isn't wearing a cool hat, though, so I think they may be going more "The Mummy" with Brendan Frasier than Indiana Jones. Which would make more sense, because while Indiana Jones did deal with supernatural forces, he never actually had to fight the reanimated corpse of an ancient Egyptian or his undead legions of Jackal-headed warriors and giant rock creatures. At least not in the movies.

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 28, 2010

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Bophf posted:

Sure! I'm sending packages to Leicester and Newcastle this week anyway (studied in Durham for 2 years, now my friends want American candy all the time) so why not, eh?

Drop me a line at ...Edit: Nothing to see here, spambots!

Umbra Dubium fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 28, 2010

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Went to Target today to look at LEGOS, was thinking of picking up the creators crane or dump truck but decided I shouldn't spend that much. Then I saw the series 2 minifigs on the way out and decided to buy them...38 of them so more than I would have spent on either of the sets I wanted.

Got 12 of the 16 no spartan, disco dude, dracula or skier. Have an over abundance of cops and circus dudes. Not sure what I'm going to do with all the minifigs now that they are assembled and on a plate.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

NitroSpazzz posted:

Got 12 of the 16 no spartan, disco dude, dracula or skier. Have an over abundance of cops and circus dudes. Not sure what I'm going to do with all the minifigs now that they are assembled and on a plate.

You did better than me. I grabbed 4 at Toys R Us and ended up with 2 lion tamers. Ugh...

I did get the Hoth Wampa set on sale though. The snow speeder is a fun build.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

NitroSpazzz posted:

Went to Target today to look at LEGOS, was thinking of picking up the creators crane or dump truck but decided I shouldn't spend that much. Then I saw the series 2 minifigs on the way out and decided to buy them...38 of them so more than I would have spent on either of the sets I wanted.

Reminds me of when I bought 60 figs from LEGO when they took the order limits off and ended up with 11 divers. :)

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Hint: Even if you don't have a printout of the barcodes, you can compare barcodes between the packages to ensure you don't get two of the same type.

I think it's funny that after having absolutely no luck finding any minifigs in local TRUs, they're now super-abundant in the halloween section of all the local Targets.

Bophf
Sep 10, 2006

well I oh

Hobnob posted:

Hint: Even if you don't have a printout of the barcodes, you can compare barcodes between the packages to ensure you don't get two of the same type.

I think it's funny that after having absolutely no luck finding any minifigs in local TRUs, they're now super-abundant in the halloween section of all the local Targets.

Yeah, Target probably woke up and realized these things sell. They were first priced at $1.99 before they were stocked, but then it changed to $2.99 as soon as they actually had them. Jerks.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Hobnob posted:

I did that on my first trip, and got a couple of doubles. Cross-comparing when you've reached 10 or more confirmed hits gets pretty tiresome very quickly. It's just easier to print out a barcode sheet.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

So I just got around to ordering the Imperial Flagship and Medieval Village, thank you 16 straight hours of call pay last week. Does anybody have an estimate on construction times? The pirate ship from last years sets took me a while to put together and this one is way bigger. Maybe I'll have to give my brother a call and see if he and my nephew want to lend a hand this weekend.

Likewise to whomever was offering S2 at cost there are still a couple I need that I can't find the minifig lines here.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Hobnob posted:

I thought of this about half way home and decided it wasn't worth sorting through them. Now that I only need 4 more to have a complete set I'll just swing by once a week or so with barcode cheat sheet in hand.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > The DUPLO Thread: Something AFOD

Nice thread name change :)

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

cheese-cube posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > The DUPLO Thread: Something AFOD

I was about to ask what the hell just happened.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Aww, my poor thread. :(

Floodworks
Apr 6, 2010

Our bones will bleach in the sun.
The new creator Space Shuttle set is making me drool.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Carbohydrates posted:

Aww, my poor thread. :(

All aboard the Duplo train!

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
As someone who owns the space shuttle, I have to say it's a really nice set. They could have done better with the launchpad (all it is is a flat base with some brick stands and some halogen-looking lamps).

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
My son's first birthday was last Wednesday, so I bought him a Duplo starter set.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Be prepared for the better part of a decade worth of of getting bricks stuck to the bottom of your feet until your kid learns the benefits of keeping legos put away.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I already do that with my own Lego, so what's the difference? :p

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Cry Havoc posted:

All aboard the Duplo train!

They should have made it a double-track monstrosity, that would be awesome.

Also I was in Target buying some detergent and dishwasher stuff and ended up like $20 under budget so I perused the Lego section but there was nothing good :(

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

:chord:
DUPLOS!

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.

Inspector_71 posted:

Also I was in Target buying some detergent and dishwasher stuff and ended up like $20 under budget so I perused the Lego section but there was nothing good :(
That's because you are looking about a month too earlier. There should be some cool sets coming out very soon, not just the Harry Potter sets either, I think there are some others. I've noticed some stores were lacking in their Lego sections like they were clearing shelf space for upcoming sets.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
THIS PLEASES THE MIGHTY DOOP-LOS

DethMarine21
Dec 4, 2008
The (semi) stuffed Duplo Rabbit was the best set.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Time Cowboy posted:

I'm a big fan of a lot of nerdly persuits and I've never seen a company come out with so much good poo poo all at once. I mean, that's pretty much my entire wish list-- more historical, the return of ninja, NASA shuttle, greco-roman stuff (even if it has seaweed all over it or whatever)... and even the stuff that's not EXACTLY what I wanted is still awesome! The only thing they could do to make me happier at this point is an official Star Trek line.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
DUPLO's fine and all, but why stop there? There's so many sizes to choose from.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Shuppiluliumas posted:

My sense of scale! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
best fad to come out of DUPLO: meatpunk

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

3 posted:

best fad to come out of DUPLO: meatpunk

Please tell me there's more than just this.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Please tell me there's more than just this.

Wouldn't be called a fad if there werent ;)

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

NitroSpazzz posted:

Got 12 of the 16 no spartan, disco dude, dracula or skier. Have an over abundance of cops and circus dudes.

I have bought 10 series 2 and have 8 individual figs + two extra cops. I even cheated slightly this time (next time I'll print the barcodes instead of using it off my phone) and still managed to get another cop. They look so smug about it too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

tonelok posted:

That's because you are looking about a month too earlier. There should be some cool sets coming out very soon, not just the Harry Potter sets either, I think there are some others. I've noticed some stores were lacking in their Lego sections like they were clearing shelf space for upcoming sets.

Well luckily I regularly wash my clothes and dishes (well, when the washer gets fixed) so I'll be back!

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

cheese-cube posted:

At least it isn't "The DUPLOS Thread".

Edit: But it is now!

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 29, 2010

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
That Adventures set biplane reminds me I had a biplane model when I was younger (my younger brother stole everything when I went away to college, so I'm left with a handful of junk I could find in a box in the garage and whatever I've gotten since). Might have to get that.

e: got some S2, got the witch, ringmaster, and karate and spartan guys. My girlfriend plays around with me sometimes but mostly she just attaches helicoptor blades to the old-series Pirates shark.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
gently caress DUPLO, it's all about Fabuland and you know it :gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
question re: those ball turrets from the star wars sets: do they take technic axles or only pins? LDD says an axle will fit whereas a pin won't, but I'm not sure that a) that's right given instructions that say use pins and b) it's not clear whether the axle engages anything so it can be held in.