Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

mtr posted:

Beautiful Widgets (DirtyPaper skin)
LauncherPro+

Where did you get the icons for that? I know it's in the paperless theme for adw launcher but I couldn't figure out how to extract them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bub
Apr 9, 2001
ffffffffffff

Droid X with black notification bar i found on rom manager
signals23 launcher pro mod
tajm/battstat/tesla led/switchpro
text icons i found somewhere
and a dumb picture of water i took

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Really subtle. I like it.

Kegwen
Feb 22, 2003

Aped from a few people in this thread. I haven't really delved into custom icons yet, and I can never really get it to look right when I recolor the notification bar.

CM6 droid, one homescreen

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Kegwen posted:

I can never really get it to look right when I recolor the notification bar.

Uncanny Valley, the closer you get the worse it is until it's perfect, and then nobody notices it. Consider a compliment or a contrast.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Going for simple:

ADW with the Francois Deslandes weather widget and tCalendar widget (just so I can see what day it is)

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Simple but access to all I like. Otherwise, quick access under ADW's second tray.

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!

A lot of poo poo cribbed from traslin and Prowler here, among others. Took me a week to get it set just the way I wanted :v:

Running Cyanogenmod 6.0.1 on an HTC Desire.

Environment: LauncherPro, obviously. 3 screens, 6 columns by 5 rows with NO auto-fit. This makes it all center nicely and crop out the parts I don't want from some widgets.

Time: Digital Clock Widget with the date text in black so it doesn't show up.

Date: The other Digital Clock Widget with the time font size down to 1px and the date size up to 52.

Weather: Transparent GenieWidget mod

Battery Indicator: BattStat

Toggles: Cyanogenmod Power Control (default)

Launcher Icons: 3 docks' worth of icons, one each shown on each screen. From right to left:
Wordfeud, Maps, Wifi Settings, Manage Applications; Phone, Browser, Messaging, Mail; Facebook, Buzz, AppBrain, Gtasks. All the icons are from bit.ly/lpicons

Statusbar: Cyanogenmod built-in settings, plus http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=772842 for the icons

Transparent LauncherPro Widgets: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=783427

Badass custom font that gets applied to everything: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=744363 - I'm currently using Futura and Futura Bold.

Wallpaper: Came with the ROM in one of the wallpaper folders, but it is online here

And there we have it, folks.

:siren: IMPORTANT CRITICAL UPDATE! "Wednesday" is a long words so it cuts off the numerical date in the widget. Solution: Have it abbreviate the word. Stupid Wednesday :saddowns:

Stuntman Mike fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 29, 2010

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Stuntman Mike posted:

content

This, this is a good post. You have done things right. The font thing has me jazzed up to use the Volvo font now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Stuntman Mike posted:

badass stuff

Awesome set up. I think I'm going to give that font a good run.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Stuntman Mike posted:

How have you got your launcherpro widgets to be 'full screen'?

edit: sorry i see its part of the widget wallpaper mod thing

Pissflaps fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 29, 2010

Kegwen
Feb 22, 2003

Splizwarf posted:

Uncanny Valley, the closer you get the worse it is until it's perfect, and then nobody notices it. Consider a compliment or a contrast.

Do you have to reboot the system to get the recolor to take effect? That's the most frustrating part. Droids are not known for their quick boot time.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Hey guys. I know we have an Android wallpaper thread, but it's fairly dead and this is relevant.

I'm planning on putting these into some sort of gallery--I'll use WordPress and a plugin if one exists--but linked below are a bunch of wallpapers I've used in the past since getting my Droid that, for the most part, are minimalist. The vast majority were obtained through Flickie and Zedge, but some I cropped from other sources.

http://android.carchive.net/wallpaper/

It's an ugly directory listing for now.

mtr
May 15, 2008

OptimusMatrix posted:

Where did you get the icons for that? I know it's in the paperless theme for adw launcher but I couldn't figure out how to extract them.

Icons are a combo from this site and this zipped folder I had from somewhere.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Aatrek posted:

A couple of people asked about the tall and wide icons that I made for my home screens. Here is a ZIP file with the Photoshop files.

http://www.randomtuesday.com/phone/icons.zip

Any way you can post the actual icons? I don't have PS and have no clue how to use it.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

mtr posted:

Icons are a combo from this site and this zipped folder I had from somewhere.

Awesome thank you. Were you able to extract the wallpaper from the Paperless theme in the adw launcher or do you have that installed and then choose it from the paperless wall papers?

Crap never mind I see it in that zip folder. Thank god I can get rid of adw launcher now.

Hot Dog Day 60
Aug 11, 2003

Do you have to root to change the system font?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Hot Dog Day #63 posted:

Do you have to root to change the system font?

Globally? Yes.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

OptimusMatrix posted:

Any way you can post the actual icons? I don't have PS and have no clue how to use it.

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam

Sepist posted:

If you guys like the domensions and gaps of my corrected icons I will glady upload a template for yall for Droid X

edit: oh god I should have just timg'd it instead of SA upload :gonk:

What is this clock widget? Sorry if I missed it.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

hey santa baby posted:

What is this clock widget? Sorry if I missed it.

Tijm

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam

Kakesu posted:

Tijm

Ah Tajm! Thanks, much appreciated.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Aatrek posted:

Icons

Thank you very much

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Thanks to this thread, my minimalistic impulses are complete. I love you guys.

Clock/weather is Beautiful Widgets, Switchpro and Battstatt widgets at the bottom, Launcher Pro, and a desktop from that directory posted a page or two ago.

I've got a handful of other, ugly homescreens. One for music, one for calendar, one for the LauncherPro Facebook widget, and one for contacts/internet bookmarks.

I'll be working on them next.

Mina
Dec 14, 2005

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

ConfusedUs posted:

Thanks to this thread, my minimalistic impulses are complete. I love you guys.

Clock/weather is Beautiful Widgets, Switchpro and Battstatt widgets at the bottom, Launcher Pro, and a desktop from that directory posted a page or two ago.

I've got a handful of other, ugly homescreens. One for music, one for calendar, one for the LauncherPro Facebook widget, and one for contacts/internet bookmarks.

I'll be working on them next.

Which Beautiful Widgets skins are those?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Krittick posted:

Which Beautiful Widgets skins are those?

Beautiful glass for the clock.
Emotisun for the weather. Some of the icons are hilarious.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
I love this desktop visualizer, allows for a lot of customization. I got tired of a shadowbox effect background so I'm trying out using little stars with names as my launchers. I like it.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Sepist posted:

I love this desktop visualizer, allows for a lot of customization. I got tired of a shadowbox effect background so I'm trying out using little stars with names as my launchers. I like it.

That's really neat!

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!

dissss posted:

Going for simple:

ADW with the Francois Deslandes weather widget and tCalendar widget (just so I can see what day it is)

How are you guys getting those icons on LauncherPro? When I got to change the icon from the stock clear/frosted ones, I only have two options, LauncherPro icons or Custom icons.

Those look like the factory browser and other icons, how did you do that? Do I have to download a custom icon pack to get the stock icons to work in LauncherPro?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

TurboLuvah posted:

How are you guys getting those icons on LauncherPro? When I got to change the icon from the stock clear/frosted ones, I only have two options, LauncherPro icons or Custom icons.

Those look like the factory browser and other icons, how did you do that? Do I have to download a custom icon pack to get the stock icons to work in LauncherPro?

To get stock icons? There are definitely 3 choices, Default, LauncherPro and Custom.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Casao posted:

To get stock icons? There are definitely 3 choices, Default, LauncherPro and Custom.

I long press the icon, and I get the option to Change Icon. I select that, and I only have two options, LauncherPro Icons and Custom Icons. I just did it, there is no Default option.

I have the paid version of LauncherPro, and an un-rooted running the 2.2 Froyo OTA update on a Droid x. Definitely not seeing that option at all.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

TurboLuvah posted:

How are you guys getting those icons on LauncherPro?
Well, for starters, that's not LauncherPro.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

TurboLuvah posted:

I long press the icon, and I get the option to Change Icon. I select that, and I only have two options, LauncherPro Icons and Custom Icons. I just did it, there is no Default option.

I have the paid version of LauncherPro, and an un-rooted running the 2.2 Froyo OTA update on a Droid x. Definitely not seeing that option at all.

Change Action, not change Icon, add it again.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Helter Skelter posted:

Well, for starters, that's not LauncherPro.

ADW then? From those screens the two look incredibly similar.

Casao posted:

Change Action, not change Icon, add it again.

Tried this, no dice, uses the defualt LauncherPro icons. So I'm guessing the above was done using ADW and there is no way to add factory icons to the LauncherPro dock icons. Wonder if I can find them to download somewhere and use them as Custom Icons that way?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

TurboLuvah posted:

Tried this, no dice, uses the defualt LauncherPro icons. So I'm guessing the above was done using ADW and there is no way to add factory icons to the LauncherPro dock icons. Wonder if I can find them to download somewhere and use them as Custom Icons that way?

It works perfectly fine on LauncherPro. I literally just did it. Change shortcut, Applications, <select here>, Default Icon. It doesn't use the LP icon, it uses whatever it shows up as in your app drawer. Your phone is screwed up if it's not using the stock Android icons.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sepist posted:

This is really creative. Props.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 1, 2010

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

TurboLuvah posted:

My LP+ has 3 icon options.. one being default. reinstall/update maybe? If I remember correctly though, default was always an option. I seem to think the custom option was added later. Sounds like your install is borked.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deong posted:

My LP+ has 3 icon options.. one being default. reinstall/update maybe? If I remember correctly though, default was always an option. I seem to think the custom option was added later. Sounds like your install is borked.

No, it's fine. He's trying to change an existing icon instead of adding a new one. If you hit "Change Icon" on an existing shortcut you're only provided with LP icons and Custom. He has to choose Change Application, change it then he'll have the 3 choices for Default, LP and Custom.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I plan to go through and add the rest of the walls I've seen posted in this thread, but here is a better gallery:

http://android.carchive.net/wallpapers-2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodarazumas
Oct 7, 2007
You want minimal, I'll give you minimal.

Click here for the full 480x800 image.

Clock is tajm
Battery is battstat
CM6 power widget
Icons for Launcherpro: http://yankoa.deviantart.com/art/Windows-Phone-7-Icons-166077852
Background is the stock live polar clock

If anyone has an easy way to get rid of the faint lines between the power widget controls that would be super cool.

Those of you with widget locker should really go check out this thread for some slick mods: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=785081

I don't use it but that alone made me consider it.

• Locked thread