Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Fat Slut posted:

Hello friends!!!!

Dang, less then 30 minutes after being banned to re-reg and do it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I cannot see the goatse for the Lucas inspired rage.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:

Casimir Radon posted:

Well I just found the only redeeming part of TFU II.

You fight like a nerf herder.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Jervas Dudley posted:

You fight like a nerf herder.

How appropriate, you fight like a bantha!

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

Casimir Radon posted:

I cannot see the goatse for the Lucas inspired rage.

Yeah, I was looking at it like "This is better than the 3D Star Wars movies. Why am I going to pay to go see all six of those? :smith: "

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Star Wars Megathread: We'd rather watch goatse

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Crowetron posted:

Star Wars Megathread: We'd rather watch goatse

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

NGL posted:

:ughh: I would watch the films in theaters again, but not this 3-D bullshit. (But then, I don't have binocular vision.)

This is a major derail, so if it's not a short response then I can continue in PM, but why don't you have binocular vision? My wife can't see 3D in movies, but she has perfect vision in both eyes otherwise. Apparently her eye muscles just don't move like that in order to reconcile the images. Is this the same with you? Or are you blind in one eye? Genuinely curious.

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

thrawn527 posted:

This is a major derail, so if it's not a short response then I can continue in PM, but why don't you have binocular vision? My wife can't see 3D in movies, but she has perfect vision in both eyes otherwise. Apparently her eye muscles just don't move like that in order to reconcile the images. Is this the same with you? Or are you blind in one eye? Genuinely curious.

I am not-quite-blind in one eye. The vision in my right eye is comparable to the peripheral vision in my left, if that makes any sense. So, while I can understand 3-dimensional depth perception in an academic sense, I have no experiential frame of reference for it. This is also why I'm poo poo at most sports.

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

I don't know how I feel about the re-release of Star Wars in 3D. Avatar didn't give me a headache, while Resident Evil 4 gave me a huge headache.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I don't understand the logic behind releasing Episode I first. A New Hope is the most widely known, it has some of the best potential for 3-D, and it's not a poorly written piece of poo poo.

Then again, I hate 3-D so what do I know?

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I don't understand the logic behind releasing Episode I first. A New Hope is the most widely known, it has some of the best potential for 3-D, and it's not a poorly written piece of poo poo.

Then again, I hate 3-D so what do I know?

Well, because it's the first part of the story, you see, and Lucas always meant for the films to be viewed I-VI.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
3D movies can be absolutely amazing as shown in Avatar. But that was filmed in native 3D specifically to be in 3D by a director who revolutionized the technology and methods to do it.

These 3D movies are going to be 3D conversions by Lucas.

It's not going to be pretty.

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007
STUPID MINORITIES ALWAYS MAKING ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE TO BE A WHITE MALE

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Somehow I think the odds of the words "That's good enough" being said within the walls of ILM are better than 100%

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

3D movies can be absolutely amazing as shown in Avatar. But that was filmed in native 3D specifically to be in 3D by a director who revolutionized the technology and methods to do it.

These 3D movies are going to be 3D conversions by Lucas.

Lucas: Well you see, we had to add in all these extra scenes and add in extra FX re-shoot the entire Death Star trench sequence with all new actors because the old film just didn't look right in 3D.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lucas: You know what I wanted to have in Star Wars back in 1977 but couldn't get until now? Shia LaBeouf.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
ARG! I just finished Allies today at work. Now I have to actually wait for the books. Normally this would be fine, but all the open plots Allies leaves you with are insane. The temple is still under siege, bwa'too killed by faux-jedi (for what reason?) Abeloth dead etc. My only problem with the ending was Luke and Ben seemed to kind of shrug off the attempt to kill them during the abeloth fight. I mean sure it was expected but they act like it didn't happen after the fact.

Overall I'm very excited for vortex to come out.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Casimir Radon posted:

Lucas: You know what I wanted to have in Star Wars back in 1977 but couldn't get until now? Shia LaBeouf.

"It seems in your anger, Lord Vader, you killed her..."
"NO...no no no no no no no no no no no no no no." :derp:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Don't you guys realize this is the perfect moment to have actors wear Avatar-style motion-capture suits and change the original trilogy. Now we can digitally replace Guiness with a motion-captured redux with Ewan's digitially-aged face slapped on top. Lightsaber duel on the Death Star is going to be so wicked fast now you don't even know.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Silver Brushes posted:

Don't you guys realize this is the perfect moment to have actors wear Avatar-style motion-capture suits and change the original trilogy. Now we can digitally replace Guiness with a motion-captured redux with Ewan's digitially-aged face slapped on top. Lightsaber duel on the Death Star is going to be so wicked fast now you don't even know.

Lucas actually planned to do this once, fyi.

He was talked out if it, though.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Mister Roboto posted:

Lucas actually planned to do this once, fyi.

He was talked out if it, though.

Oh man if you have a link to a quote on the subject that would just make my night.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
McGregor's Obi-Wan is one of the few things I like about the prequels. Sure, his dialogue was poo poo, but he had a lot of Sir Alec's mannerisms down pat.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Silver Brushes posted:

Oh man if you have a link to a quote on the subject that would just make my night.

I can't find it. :( It was an old interview from like 2001 with Rick McCallum, who said he talked Lucas out of more changes.

I found this, which is a fan's version, sort of interesting to see what if.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ldJJanD4c

Edit: This is completely unrelated but is hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg&feature=related

Mister Roboto fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 30, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It's amazing to think that the prequels we got could have been, had Lucas had his way, so much worse.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The new thread title owns, y'all.

Diacritical Mark
Jul 26, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's amazing to think that the prequels we got could have been, had Lucas had his way, so much worse.

Just wait until the Episode I Special Edition is released...

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Mister Roboto posted:

No, he'd obviously be the new Han Solo. :gonk:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

that awful man posted:

No, he'd obviously be the new Han Solo. :gonk:
Harrison Ford's son would obviously look like an ugly guy, with a stupid expression permanently on his face, and greasy hair :lucassay:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

ARG! I just finished Allies today at work. Now I have to actually wait for the books. Normally this would be fine, but all the open plots Allies leaves you with are insane. The temple is still under siege, bwa'too killed by faux-jedi (for what reason?) Abeloth dead etc. My only problem with the ending was Luke and Ben seemed to kind of shrug off the attempt to kill them during the abeloth fight. I mean sure it was expected but they act like it didn't happen after the fact.

That sounds like poo poo and I am glad I am so tired right now (of not sleeping and these Star Wars) I'll likely forget it and walk into the shittiness a second time when I eventually get around to reading Allies chapter by chapter at a string of B&Ns.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I realized a few months ago that with Legacy ending I have just about absolute zero interest in the post-ROTJ EU at the moment. Every time I read something new about FOTJ it reinforces my decision. I am somewhat interested in the sequel to Crosscurrent but that's about it and even that won't be coming out for something like a year or more.

Actually to be honest once Legacy finishes up really the only Star Wars-related things I'll be looking forward to are the Crosscurrent sequel, the Nomi Sunrider book, JJM's Knight Errant comic, and maybe the Michael Reaves book about the holostar, which could be fun if it does a sort of "ridiculous celebrity culture in the GFFA" vantage point (which I'm sure it won't do, but still). It makes me sad to realize that even a few years ago I had so much more enthusiasm and excitement for Star Wars than I do now.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Casimir Radon posted:

Mister Roboto posted:

These two posts are the best thing I've seen all day. :roflolmao:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Harrison Ford's son would obviously look like an ugly guy, with a stupid expression permanently on his face, and greasy hair :lucassay:

Shia LeBouf as a young Han Solo would absolutely own and be amazing, what's wrong with you guys?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Biplane posted:

Shia LeBouf as a young Han Solo would absolutely own and be amazing, what's wrong with you guys?

No he wouldn't. Shia LeBouf is a lovely actor who shouldn't be in movies.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Biplane posted:

I always thought that Josh Holloway, Sawyer on LOST, would make a perfect Han Solo.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Bonzo posted:

I always thought that Josh Holloway, Sawyer on LOST, would make a perfect Han Solo.

I'm a complex guy, princess.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Biplane posted:

:siren:George Lucas account spotted!:siren:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bonzo posted:

You know who would make a perfect Han Solo?

HARRISON loving FORD! BECAUSE HE IS! :argh:

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

WampaLord posted:

You know who would make a perfect Han Solo?

HARRISON loving FORD! BECAUSE HE IS! :argh:

Yeah but good luck getting him to reprise the role.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I'd rather watch an 80 year old Han Solo complain about his back and not notice when he farts than recast the character or let Shia LeBeouf touch the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
My friends and I like to make up titles for the next Indiana Jones movies.

Indiana Jones and "Where the Hell Are My Glasses
Indiana Jones and "Why Do People Drive So drat Fast All the Time"
Indiana Jones and The Enlarged Prostate
Indiana Jones and the Journey of Just Right Turns and Surface Roads

Ok, well, I don't have any friends, but I make them up to myself.