Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Ralgnar posted:

I warms up everything around it in the refrigerator. The things that you want to stay cold.

It also forces your refrigerator to work overtime to return the internal temperature to normal, causing a waste of electricity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

Dodgeball posted:

It also forces your refrigerator to work overtime to return the internal temperature to normal, causing a waste of electricity.

"Making things cold" is exactly the job I want my refrigerator to do, though, so it's about as much a 'waste' of electricity as running my microwave to heat something up is.

420 put hot things in the fridge every day, I need the drat counter space

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.
Also maybe... condensation?

But really some foods you should immediately refrigerate for preservation, regardless of temperature or Achewood. :colbert:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Gomi posted:

"Making things cold" is exactly the job I want my refrigerator to do, though, so it's about as much a 'waste' of electricity as running my microwave to heat something up is.

420 put hot things in the fridge every day, I need the drat counter space

You're thinking about it wrong. You wouldn't thaw a turkey in your microwave. It'd be a waste of electricity (and would gently caress it up). Just toss that fucker in the sink for a few hours.

If you want to cool your food before putting it away, and need counter space, put the food in an airtight container and toss that poo poo in your powered-off oven until it's room temperature.

Just don't forget about it and find it a week later...

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Cap N Crunch posted:

Haha wow, I just sort of said it out loud along with a "blistering barnacles!" and had a pretty good laugh. Ray and the Captain would get along pretty well, I'd imagine.

Gettin' all spry on Loch Lomond.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
One time my roommate in college make a Stouffer's frozen lasagne in the oven, took it out to cool, then had to go do something so he put it back in (the oven was off and not particularly hot any more by then) thinking that it would keep warm until he got back to eat it. Then he forgot about it. We found it a little over a week later, pretty dried out but probably still edible if you were desperate. Luckily whoever found it looked in the oven before turning it on to preheat.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dodgeball posted:

If you want to cool your food before putting it away, and need counter space, put the food in an airtight container and toss that poo poo in your powered-off oven until it's room temperature.

Actually, that airtight seal will help keep the temperature up and encourage bacterial growth.

Ideally, you'd put that uncovered container in a bowl of ice water to rapidly bring that food down to room temperature before you stick it in the fridge.

Does GWS have an :eng101: with a chef's hat?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Actually, that airtight seal will help keep the temperature up and encourage bacterial growth.

Ideally, you'd put that uncovered container in a bowl of ice water to rapidly bring that food down to room temperature before you stick it in the fridge.

Does GWS have an :eng101: with a chef's hat?

:chef:

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Just put your stuff right in the fridge. How much energy do you think it's going to take to cool it down than if you left it out? Condensation? It's hot, it'll be the last thing to gather moisture, HELLO!!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I really enjoy that this discussion is not even slightly off topic in this thread.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

robot roll call posted:

I really enjoy that this discussion is not even slightly off topic in this thread.

I bet if we open your fridge we'll find Hunt's brand catsup. Not even Heinz, man! There, full circle.

StealthStealth
Aug 28, 2007

dogs eatin' cake

withak posted:

One time my roommate in college make a Stouffer's frozen lasagne in the oven, took it out to cool, then had to go do something so he put it back in (the oven was off and not particularly hot any more by then) thinking that it would keep warm until he got back to eat it. Then he forgot about it. We found it a little over a week later, pretty dried out but probably still edible if you were desperate. Luckily whoever found it looked in the oven before turning it on to preheat.

Was it a gas stove? I left half a pizza sitting in my gas stove overnight (delivery pizza in a box) and it was hard as a rock the next day.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Dodgeball posted:

I bet if we open your fridge we'll find Hunt's brand catsup. Not even Heinz, man! There, full circle.

I was serious! But if you really must know it's Whole Foods 365 Ketchup :smug:

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

robot roll call posted:

I was serious! But if you really must know it's Whole Foods 365 Ketchup :smug:
I prefer Private Selection Organic Ketchup because it's surprisingly cheap for being organic and doesn't contain any high fructose corn syrup. If I had a nearby Whole Foods, I'd check out 365.

hermanos
Dec 30, 2005

Magoo said that the "bird's the word"
But the Fur Byrd Gang flip birds on curbs

say no to bats posted:

New strip is up, et all. Much like Onstad as of late, I am too lazy to properly do procedures with a hyperlink and sirens.

Do me a favor--don't be a piece of poo poo.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

StealthStealth posted:

Was it a gas stove? I left half a pizza sitting in my gas stove overnight (delivery pizza in a box) and it was hard as a rock the next day.
A few weeks ago I came home super wasted, put pies on to cook and promptly feel asleep. I woke up nine hours later to charcoal black, rock hard pies. All the meat had dissipated out of them and they'd become hollow as well.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
New Achewood!

"Irreversible throes of digestive egress" made me chuckle, but I about lost it at the alt-text.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

I-It's.. I don't even know how to feel anymore. I knew this moment would come, but I don't know how to act now that Achewood has finally updated. Also it's interesting that it's Sept. 30's strip, not Oct 1st's, which is Achewood's birthday (and mine!) dare we hope for another strip later? :ohdear:

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES
:siren:Cassandra ex machina:siren:

Must it fall to me to make with the sirens?

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.
Pete sees right through me!

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
See, they didn't even need Ray to solve this one. Beefs got it in the bag.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Between both Pete and his father, those are some disturbing bodily proportions.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Schoooool's out for-ever!

...Now whether the 'students' burst through the door with pants on or not is anyone's guess. And what of the lady and her animal friends? :ohdear:

Roast Beef: He can make you feel better about yourself.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
It totally sounds over. Other than "Continued" at the bottom. I wonder what games have been going on in the back of that van.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Derpes Simplex posted:

You're looking at Pete's memory of the incident, and we all know Nice Pete sees the world strangely.

vv I stand corrected. vv

Fillerbunny fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 1, 2010

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Derpes Simplex posted:

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
I find it best if you imagine Nice Pete's father talks like Hillbilly Meatwad. (Appalachian Simon Chipmunk is also acceptable)

EndOfTheWorld fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 1, 2010

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Still waiting on someone to get punched in the dick :colbert:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Lone Goat posted:

Still waiting on someone to get punched in the dick :colbert:

Don't forget the slide whistle.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

EndOfTheWorld posted:

I find it best if you imagine Nice Pete's father talks like Hillbilly Meatwad. (Appalachian Simon Chipmunk is also acceptable)

Meatwad already talks like a hillbilly :psyduck:

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Notice how the whole situation is resolving just in time for Ray to show up and make things even worse? At least, that's what I've got my fingers crossed for.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Maybe Ray is pulling up right behind the Van now so he'll have time to wrench open the doors, see the dude on dude action and shout at them to cut it out a war is going on.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

SeanBeansShako posted:

Maybe Ray is pulling up right behind the Van now so he'll have time to wrench open the doors, see the dude on dude action and shout at them to cut it out a war is going on.

Keep in mind, too, that at any minute they might stop and go, "just kidding!" and go get some chicks.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
It was all Ray's plan to get Teodor to come out of the closet. He just forgot about it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HIGH SCHOOL IS OVER! is simultaneously hilarious and terrifying.

onomatopizza
Dec 12, 2004

A word that sounds like pizza.
A personal asterisk by Nice Pete has got to be bad news.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
Also, we mustn't forget that somewhere in the midst of T doing what he wants to (but doing what he needs to, too), is Lurquilla and her quest for reg'lar babies.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I have a feeling Ray can fix that issue. The man might even have the right Playboy article for it.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
"Strong talk with a dash of lies" is one of those Onstadisms that's so perfectly worded and sticks in your head to such an extent that you're sure it was already an expression. (I checked, it's not.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I was flipping through random comics and was pleasantly reminded of "Seven men pissing into empties, calling you 'human being'. They cannot see you."