Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008
Vernon Hills, Illinois.

My roommate works at a theatre and got her arm burned by oil from the popcorn machine last Saturday (25 Sept.). She hasn't seen a doctor about it yet.

The machine has been broken for a while (months or something, I don't know the specifics on that), and a coworker started it normally and told her that if it wasn't popping in 10-15 minutes to turn it off. A few minutes later the (hot) oil starts pouring out of the kettle inside the box. She dumped the kettle out, cleaned up the popper, etc. but got oil all over her right arm which left burns (pics at bottom of post).

My roommate showed a supervisor and manager the next day (Sunday), who said she could get workers' comp. if she couldn't work because of it, and that the guy that turned the machine on would have to fill out a report.

Thursday she couldn't work because of it (legitimately), and the guy that turned the machine on said she couldn't get workers' comp. because they had someone take her shift for the day.

On Friday my roommate caught the bandage on her hand on a projector, it came off, and she needed to redo it. She asked a supervisor and the general manager for some masking tape to affix the bandage to her hand, and the GM told her to grab the roll she (the GM) threw in the trash instead of getting a new roll.

So what's up with this? Can she do anything, or is she screwed? The pictures are from like half an hour ago, and as you can see her arm is healing pretty well, but her hand isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003
Go to a loving doctor.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Okay, let's look at this logically. Say her goddamn hand falls off because she didn't go to the doctor. (Why the gently caress would you not go to a doctor for this, by the way. There are free clinics.) Then she's screwed with lots of medical bills. You think her work or worker's comp is gonna pay for major medical care? That probably wouldn't have been necessary if she had gone to a doctor ASAP?

The longer she avoids the doctor, the more hosed she becomes medically, legally, what have you. I should add that I am certainly not a lawyer and I just read this thread for funsies but this is common sense.

edit: Why is your roommate taking legal advice from her dumbass coworker

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Ugh. I think I just got hit by a chimney cleaning scam, very much like this: http://www.countytimes.com/articles/2010/07/02/news/doc4c2cad374263e918349790.txt

"Just got hit" as in the guys just left my house, after (I think!) installing a new (but over-priced?) liner. I started looking them up online while they were working because I was starting to get doubtful about what was going on; but I wasn't about to run out and say "STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING" because...well...they were working on my chimney? "Very much like this" as in, same name and everything.

a) I'm stupid. Really stupid.
b) Do I have any options other than suck up the $1800 as a life lesson?
c) They have my credit card number. Halp?

EDIT: Okay, my not-dumb friend told me to call the bank/credit card and stop payments, so that's done. Durr. How do I go about finding out if this is really a scam?

Andrias Scheuchzeri fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 2, 2010

JudicialRestraints
Oct 26, 2007

Are you a LAWYER? Because I'll have you know I got GOOD GRADES in LAW SCHOOL last semester. Don't even try to argue THE LAW with me.

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Ugh. I think I just got hit by a chimney cleaning scam, very much like this: http://www.countytimes.com/articles/2010/07/02/news/doc4c2cad374263e918349790.txt

"Just got hit" as in the guys just left my house, after (I think!) installing a new (but over-priced?) liner. I started looking them up online while they were working because I was starting to get doubtful about what was going on; but I wasn't about to run out and say "STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING" because...well...they were working on my chimney? "Very much like this" as in, same name and everything.

a) I'm stupid. Really stupid.
b) Do I have any options other than suck up the $1800 as a life lesson?
c) They have my credit card number. Halp?

Depends upon if they fraudulently represented themselves to you or not. If they did you may have a private cause of action, but good luck hunting them down and good luck recovering.

That said, if they were as dodgy as the people in the article your state's consumer protection bureau is going to want to know about this (and will probably institute action). In my state, consumer protection will usually fine them a ton of money and try to distribute that money to their victims. You probably won't get all of it back, but it's a lot cheaper than hiring a lawyer.

Mostly though, don't do dumb stuff like this in the future.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Thanks. I edited my post above because my SMARTER friend reminded me to do stuff like call the bank, credit card, etc. Durr. Calling consumer protection next.

God I'm a moron--aka a newish home-owner.

JudicialRestraints
Oct 26, 2007

Are you a LAWYER? Because I'll have you know I got GOOD GRADES in LAW SCHOOL last semester. Don't even try to argue THE LAW with me.

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Thanks. I edited my post above because my SMARTER friend reminded me to do stuff like call the bank, credit card, etc. Durr. Calling consumer protection next.

God I'm a moron--aka a newish home-owner.

Stopping payments will put you in an interesting place. If they actually DID serve you, you may owe them that money. That said for them to sue you they would have to sit in one place for long enough that THEY can get sued. So if you're gonna stop payments I would make sure you have all your ducks in a row. Just in case.

If they ARE a scam you're good.
If they AREN'T you could be in trouble.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Welp, yeah, I feel very peculiar about it. I was going on the principle of "if they're legit, I can always write them another check, and if they're not legit..." Which may be dumb, but goddamn does everything sound like one of these situations: http://www.scambusters.org/chimneyrepair.html

Perhaps my life will now get very interesting. My ducks...are not really in a row, no. And I can't get through to the consumer protection people.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Cortel posted:

Two questions:
Why is there a jar of pickles on the floor?
What is she trying to get out of this? Workers comp for one day at the movie theater or more?

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Also keep in mind that there's a difference between workers comp reimbursment for medical expenses, and a claim for lost wages.

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

Cortel posted:

Vernon Hills, Illinois.

My roommate works at a theatre and got her arm burned by oil from the popcorn machine last Saturday (25 Sept.). She hasn't seen a doctor about it yet.

The machine has been broken for a while (months or something, I don't know the specifics on that), and a coworker started it normally and told her that if it wasn't popping in 10-15 minutes to turn it off. A few minutes later the (hot) oil starts pouring out of the kettle inside the box. She dumped the kettle out, cleaned up the popper, etc. but got oil all over her right arm which left burns (pics at bottom of post).

My roommate showed a supervisor and manager the next day (Sunday), who said she could get workers' comp. if she couldn't work because of it, and that the guy that turned the machine on would have to fill out a report.

Thursday she couldn't work because of it (legitimately), and the guy that turned the machine on said she couldn't get workers' comp. because they had someone take her shift for the day.

On Friday my roommate caught the bandage on her hand on a projector, it came off, and she needed to redo it. She asked a supervisor and the general manager for some masking tape to affix the bandage to her hand, and the GM told her to grab the roll she (the GM) threw in the trash instead of getting a new roll.

So what's up with this? Can she do anything, or is she screwed? The pictures are from like half an hour ago, and as you can see her arm is healing pretty well, but her hand isn't.

Any claim she makes is going to be bolstered by a doctor's report on her injuries. Plus, she'll be less likely to get gangrene.

Go to a loving doctor.

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008
Hah, thanks for all the replies. She pretty much refuses to go to a doctor (actually she entirely refuses) for some stupid reason. Also the pickle jar is filled with pennies and I'm not sure why she put it there, as the door doesn't auto-shut. Maybe it was windy a few days ago?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cortel posted:

Hah, thanks for all the replies. She pretty much refuses to go to a doctor (actually she entirely refuses) for some stupid reason.

Tell her she is going to lose her hand.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Cortel posted:

Hah, thanks for all the replies. She pretty much refuses to go to a doctor (actually she entirely refuses) for some stupid reason. Also the pickle jar is filled with pennies and I'm not sure why she put it there, as the door doesn't auto-shut. Maybe it was windy a few days ago?

As a person who burns their hands frequently cooking I can tell you that burn is going to hurt a lot and she is an idiot for not going to the doctor. What advice exactly does she want from this thread?

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

Cortel posted:

Stop hanging out with this person, she's clearly too loving stupid to deserve to live.

PoOKiE!
Jan 20, 2004

I can has 64 bites now?

Cortel posted:

I know the theaters in Vernon Hills and a few years ago I wouldn't have been surprised if their cooking equipment randomly burned an employee every week. They always seemed to not know what's going on in the kitchen after they were fixed up and modernized a while back. (They also went from cheap food to the typical theater food and prices...not too mention no more $1.50 slurpees with free refills. Boo.)

I would seriously tell her to grow a pair (theoretically) and just see a doctor, that thing looks awful and will probably leave her with a giant scare and lots of pain for a while. If she doesn't care that she is permanently disfigured in some way from someone else's negligence and can't be bothered to at least get a basic Drs appointment to assess the severity, then she obviously doesn't value herself too much or has some crazy amount of loyalty to her employer.

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

PoOKiE! posted:

I know the theaters in Vernon Hills and a few years ago I wouldn't have been surprised if their cooking equipment randomly burned an employee every week. They always seemed to not know what's going on in the kitchen after they were fixed up and modernized a while back. (They also went from cheap food to the typical theater food and prices...not too mention no more $1.50 slurpees with free refills. Boo.)

I would seriously tell her to grow a pair (theoretically) and just see a doctor, that thing looks awful and will probably leave her with a giant scare and lots of pain for a while. If she doesn't care that she is permanently disfigured in some way from someone else's negligence and can't be bothered to at least get a basic Drs appointment to assess the severity, then she obviously doesn't value herself too much or has some crazy amount of loyalty to her employer.

What did you just add here that hadn't already been said?

Trillian
Sep 14, 2003

Incredulous Red posted:

Complaints about slurpee prices?

Tojai
Aug 31, 2008

No, You're Wrong
State is Florida -

Husband is living elsewhere but moving to be with his wife in FL very soon.

She called him on Saturday saying that she just got out of jail for a DUI. She was pulled over for driving with her headlights off and breathalyzed. He doesn't know what her blood alcohol content was though. During that phone call she also claimed she had already got her sentencing.

So today she called again saying that she went to court without a lawyer and plead guilty. Result was a $500 fine, 50 hours community services, $1000 in court fees and her license suspended for one year. Apparently her driving record isn't very good due to a lot of speeding tickets.

Anyway this guy is suspicious that the proceedings would move that quickly where she could get pulled over on Saturday and sentenced on Monday. He thinks perhaps she got the DUI a while ago but is just now telling him since the move is imminent.

Is it possible for things to go this quickly or is something up with her story?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Could have plead at arraignment.

Pleading without BAC results is a huge no-no and why people should hire a drat lawyer. Watch it come back as a .06.

franzkafka
Jun 30, 2006

kafkabot mk. II: stronger, faster & more alienated
Poasted a month or so ago about a situation where I worked for this douchehat that had a practice of hiring people off of craigslist, firing them after 2 weeks and then not paying any wages to them.

Whats a good way to find other people to join to the suit? Subpeona'ing his business records isn't going to help because I'm certain that he's not keeping records of this practice, but I have anecdotal evidence from people that its happened before. I posted an advertisement on craigslist asking if other people had been fired without payment from a business in the area, using general terms. I got hundreds of replies, but none seem to fit the bill for one I worked for.

Can I use his business name in these types of ads or am I risking liability for "tarnishment" of his trademark?

As far as discovery, I'm thinking requests for admissions off the bat, then refuting his denials of a pattern of this activity with evidence, but I'm not sure how I'll obtain it... any ideas?

e: I guess I could hire a P.I., but if I do, can I tax that to him as costs after I get a judgment? (the federal Fair Labor Standards Act that I'm suing under grants successful plaintiffs costs, fees, interest, and liquidated dams)

franzkafka fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 5, 2010

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Incredulous Red posted:

Start documenting everything, including dates, times and substance of contacts or correspondence between you and the landlord. Once you've got the documentation you'll have a couple options, but get the photos, correspondence, and whatever first, then come back to us. contact your local tenant's union. If you don't have one, come back and somebody here will point you in the right direction.

From awhile back but still having problems with the landlords. I incorrectly assumed I would be able to find the tenants union for this area on my own and haven't had any luck. I contacted someone from an LA tenants union hoping they could point me in the right direction but no. I live in Kern County California and if anyone could tell me if we have a tenants union or if there is someone I could contact in their place I would be very grateful.

Condensed situation/update: Moved into a house the end of July. Within 2 days of moving in we had electrical problems, the electrician the landlord hired advised them that the entire panel needs to be replaced as it is a fire hazard. Landlords have been telling us they were just waiting for an estimate from the electrician and they would have it replaced. This week we finally contacted the electrician ourselves to ask about the estimate and it turns out that the landlords are refusing to pay him for the original work he did and they never requested the estimate.

We can't use the hot water faucet for the washing machine because it leaks. We were told we weren't allowed to fix this ourself and that they would send a plumber. They sent us a threatening email demanding we be home a certain day for the plumber and he never showed up. Our washing machine needs to use the hot water faucet even on the cold/cold cycle for every setting above normal so basically we can't wash things like blankets and haven't been able to since we moved in.

A new fun thing, apparently the roof leaks in the back room. We live in the desert and it doesn't rain much here so we just found this out last week. Well the roof leaked and filled the house with something that smells like unfixed male cat pee.

We have been documenting everything and we took pictures of everything the week we moved in.

PoOKiE!
Jan 20, 2004

I can has 64 bites now?

Incredulous Red posted:

If many responses didn't repeat a lot of the same things as previous posters this thread would be like 20 pages instead of 50+

I was simply relaying my experience with those theaters and can attest to them getting worse in the last 5yrs because he's a local goon.

Trillian posted:

Complaints about slurpee prices?
And yes, this too. Nobody else brought up slurpee-selling practices. They should be taught a lesson for messing with their loyal patrons with a penchant for slurpees.

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

Robo Olga posted:

From awhile back but still having problems with the landlords. I incorrectly assumed I would be able to find the tenants union for this area on my own and haven't had any luck. I contacted someone from an LA tenants union hoping they could point me in the right direction but no. I live in Kern County California and if anyone could tell me if we have a tenants union or if there is someone I could contact in their place I would be very grateful.

Condensed situation/update: Moved into a house the end of July. Within 2 days of moving in we had electrical problems, the electrician the landlord hired advised them that the entire panel needs to be replaced as it is a fire hazard. Landlords have been telling us they were just waiting for an estimate from the electrician and they would have it replaced. This week we finally contacted the electrician ourselves to ask about the estimate and it turns out that the landlords are refusing to pay him for the original work he did and they never requested the estimate.

We can't use the hot water faucet for the washing machine because it leaks. We were told we weren't allowed to fix this ourself and that they would send a plumber. They sent us a threatening email demanding we be home a certain day for the plumber and he never showed up. Our washing machine needs to use the hot water faucet even on the cold/cold cycle for every setting above normal so basically we can't wash things like blankets and haven't been able to since we moved in.

A new fun thing, apparently the roof leaks in the back room. We live in the desert and it doesn't rain much here so we just found this out last week. Well the roof leaked and filled the house with something that smells like unfixed male cat pee.

We have been documenting everything and we took pictures of everything the week we moved in.

Contact these guys: http://www.co.kern.ca.us/code/celinks.asp.

PoOKiE! posted:

If many responses didn't repeat a lot of the same things as previous posters this thread would be like 20 pages instead of 50+

Everyone else was being an idiot so I was just trying to fit in . . .

PoOKiE! posted:

I was simply relaying my experience with those theaters and can attest to them getting worse in the last 5yrs because he's a local goon.

That has nothing to do with anything that was asked.

IEatBabies
Sep 17, 2004
I've recently been getting a lot of debt collection calls looking for some woman and they're pretty annoying so I'd like to make them stop. As you might imagine, just telling the caller that they have the wrong number hasn't worked. Does the FDCPA apply if I'm not the debtor? Any suggestions on the best steps to take? If it makes any difference, I'm in New Mexico.

Thanks.

Boy Juice
Oct 24, 2003
State is Missouri.

Copyright Law.

My girlfriend worked for a dance studio as an independent contractor (1099 tax form). She did not get a W2. As silly as it was, there was no signed contract. She just worked there and got paid. She also rented space in the studio while classes weren't in session to teach private lessons to some of the girls. The private lessons/rehearsals were paid per hour by the parents directly to her. Classes and group rehearsals were paid hourly by the studio.

On top of the hourly rate, each competitive routine had a one-time choreography fee that was billed to the parents if their child was in the routine. Of this, 70% went to the choreographer and 30% to the studio. The studio collected all the money and paid in one lump sum to each choreographer. This is true of both the group dances and private solos.

At the end of last year and the beginning of this year there has been a lot of drama going on at the studio and she has decided that she does not want to be a part of it. She resigned her position this week and intends to open a new studio of her own. Some of the students left to follow her and still wish to perform their dances in competitions.

My question is about who owns the choreography. I've done as much research as I can on the internet and it seems that as a contract worker without a contract specifically stating otherwise, she would own the choreography. The gray area is that the parents paid the studio specifically for choreography and the studio paid her. The majority of the choreography is not "fixed in any tangible medium of expression." There are two known exceptions below.

My thought is that since the parents paid for the choreography (albeit indirectly), either they own it or my girlfriend does. Either way, they should get to perform the routines. What about the group numbers where some girls left and some didn't? Can she use the same choreography with new dancers or will there be an issue with that?

Most of the choreography has not been recorded by either my girlfriend or the studio nor has it been performed publicly. One dance is a repeat and was performed publicly last season. Those dances were recorded by the photographers hired by the dance competition. I know one of the moms recorded a rehearsal for one of the new group routines and the studio intends to use that video to recreate the dance.

Ultimately, my girlfriend does not want the studio to use any of her choreography and she would like to use some of it herself. Given the details above, would that be possible? Would it be more likely if she had a written or recorded version of the dances?

Thanks for your help.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
The parents wouldn't own any choreography under any circumstance, they merely have a license.

The real question is was your choreography fixed sufficiently to grant copyright in the first place, as the facts seem to imply that the rights would lie with your girlfriend, but they are insufficient to actually determine whether the rights exist in the first place.

-e- Also consider the value of choreography. It's very difficult to actually assert damages. Your girlfriend's copyright concerns may not really matter much in the long run because the likelihood of any litigation and the potential value thereof is simply so low.

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

IEatBabies posted:

I've recently been getting a lot of debt collection calls looking for some woman and they're pretty annoying so I'd like to make them stop. As you might imagine, just telling the caller that they have the wrong number hasn't worked. Does the FDCPA apply if I'm not the debtor? Any suggestions on the best steps to take? If it makes any difference, I'm in New Mexico.

Thanks.

Read and enjoy:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre18.shtm

Boy Juice
Oct 24, 2003
The choreography is not fixed other than the one piece that was performed last year as recorded by the competition-hired photographers and the one new dance that was recorded by one of the student's mothers.

The monetary value is not the issue. If both the studio and my girlfriend submit a dance to a competition that is found to be a copy, they will be banned from competition along with having their reputation ruined. This would have a severe negative impact the business.

She is in the process of writing up the choreography notation to have it fixed but there are 24 routines this year and it is a bit slow. Word is the studio intends to rehearse some of the routines on Sunday with the remaining students.

This is all assuming that they don't agree to not use it. Based on some of the issues with that studio, I don't think asking will be enough. If she can show that she legally owns it, that might be sufficient without having to hire a lawyer. It's more of a principle thing. She worked hard on the dances, the costumes, and the music. She doesn't want that work to go to waste.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Incredulous Red posted:

Contact these guys: http://www.co.kern.ca.us/code/celinks.asp.

Thanks very much, I will do so

Tojai
Aug 31, 2008

No, You're Wrong

nm posted:

Could have plead at arraignment.

Pleading without BAC results is a huge no-no and why people should hire a drat lawyer. Watch it come back as a .06.

I'm not sure if she didn't have the BAC results or just didn't tell her husband what she actually blew.

The arraignment makes sense and I agree she should've hired a lawyer but they're short on cash I guess. Although he still thinks something is fishy because he couldn't find any record of her being arrested on the county's website.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Incredulous Red posted:

It's a discussion thread, like most of those here on SA. People discuss things. Sometimes things get repeated and extra information is included. That's part of what happens in discussions.

I hope you enjoyed personally insulting someone that annoyed you in a very minor way.

entris
Oct 22, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

the littlest prince posted:

It's a discussion thread, like most of those here on SA. People discuss things. Sometimes things get repeated and extra information is included. That's part of what happens in discussions.

I hope you enjoyed personally insulting someone that annoyed you in a very minor way.

I don't think you know Pookie's history in this thread.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

entris posted:

I don't think you know Pookie's history in this thread.

Can't say that I do, but that post was pretty innocent regardless of his history. He was one of like six people that said "go see a doctor", among other things.

Oh no, someone break out the whips, information was repeated. :frogsiren:

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

Can't say that I do, but that post was pretty innocent regardless of his history. He was one of like six people that said "go see a doctor", among other things.

Oh no, someone break out the whips, information was repeated. :frogsiren:

You should really read what he has posted and the responses to it.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

A couple of weeks ago, I got a ticket in Michigan for disobeying a stop sign at an intersection. The problem is, there is no stop sign at this intersection, but there is a traffic signal. Both my passenger and I are sure the light was green, but the cop claims the light was red. He went so far as to state it had been red for 30 seconds, then he changed the time it was red to 45 seconds (I timed the red light the next day, it doesn't even stay red for 45 seconds) then back to 30 seconds. While he was explaining the ticket, he actually referred to the signal as a stop sign. The statute on the ticket is 257.649 (6) which states:

quote:

Except when directed to proceed by a police officer, the driver of a vehicle approaching a stop intersection indicated by a stop sign shall stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or if there is not a crosswalk shall stop at a clearly marked stop line; or if there is not a crosswalk or a clearly marked stop line, then at the point nearest the intersecting roadway where the driver has a view of approaching traffic on the intersecting roadway. After having stopped, the driver shall yield the right of way to a vehicle which has entered the intersection from another highway or which is approaching so closely on the highway as to constitute an immediate hazard during the time when the driver would be moving across or within the intersection.

All of this pertains to one of these - and not one of these - . Anyone fought a ticket out in court and won?

J.A. Norton I
Aug 5, 2010
Are there any rules on whether or not you can contact your co-defendant in a misdemeanor case?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

This isn't really a discussion thread at all. This is legal questions and answers, not 'come comment on this guy's issues'. When discussion takes place it's usually between us lawyers on what the most appropriate not-actual-advice response is. What Pookie does is generate white noice into that discussion.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

J.A. Norton I posted:

Are there any rules on whether or not you can contact your co-defendant in a misdemeanor case?

(Assuming you're in the U.S.)
Generally, no, and the (generally weak) rules that would apply would apply only after a judge tells you not to have any contact with potential witnesses (which includes your co-defendant)

However, your attorney should have told you not to talk to anyone (including your co-defendant) about the case, just as your co-defendant's counsel should have told him/her the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Alchenar posted:

This isn't really a discussion thread at all. This is legal questions and answers, not 'come comment on this guy's issues'. When discussion takes place it's usually between us lawyers on what the most appropriate not-actual-advice response is. What Pookie does is generate white noice into that discussion.

Practically every thread here on SA is a discussion thread (except for SA-Mart, rules threads, etc.). Need proof? Go to the top or bottom of the page, see where it says "Ask/Tell"? Well, look over to the left a little bit. Yup, there it is. Nothing in the OP of this thread says anything to the contrary.

But hey since this thread isn't for discussion, we shouldn't even be talking about this, so I'm going to stop now.