Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Raluek posted:

Man, sad to see it (almost) go. That truck is you, man. Also I hope someone doesn't just rip the motor out and crush it or something, like someone did to the Gremlin I had my eye on but reacted too slowly for.

That's why the goon price is $2,500. I figure they would be more likely to continue running the truck. I'd like to notch it and bag it, but I just can't keep up with all the projects I have today, and this one doesn't have a garage to stay in. I'm selling my 1997 Accord sedan as well and picking up Toaster Pastry's 240D, if he doesn't sell it before I sell my truck. Then I'll just have the Scout II, the 97 Accord wagon, the ITR, the Mazda5 and the Merc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

trouser chili posted:

Then I'll just have the Scout II, the 97 Accord wagon, the ITR, the Mazda5 and the Merc.
And Ma and Pa and Betty Sue and Bill Joe and Grandmama and Crazy Cedric and... :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I can't believe you've had it for 5 years...

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

meatpimp posted:

I can't believe you've had it for 5 years...

I couldn't either, and apparently I'm wrong. It's closer to four years. Maybe four and a half. Anyway, can anyone tell me why my craigslist ad is not showing up? I mean it works if you click the link, but if you click vehicles for sale, it doesn't show in the list, nor will it show in a search. My craigslist account after login shows it's green, which is supposed to mean it's published.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

trouser chili posted:

I couldn't either, and apparently I'm wrong. It's closer to four years. Maybe four and a half. Anyway, can anyone tell me why my craigslist ad is not showing up? I mean it works if you click the link, but if you click vehicles for sale, it doesn't show in the list, nor will it show in a search. My craigslist account after login shows it's green, which is supposed to mean it's published.

In my experience, it takes FOREVER for ads to show up on CL after they are "published". Like an hour or two. Ever been going through listings, and see like 3 - 5 similarly-worded ads in a row for the same car? ...yeah.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

PainterofCrap posted:

Paging CatBus...

A 4 cylinder traveler? I didn't know they offered those with the 4. God, it must be underpowered something... I don't recall ours being a small vehicle (although I was about 9 or so at the time).

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

slidebite posted:

A 4 cylinder traveler? I didn't know they offered those with the 4. God, it must be underpowered something... I don't recall ours being a small vehicle (although I was about 9 or so at the time).

Hopefully it's at least the big four. 196ci slant four, or half a 392 v8. That's 3.2 liters of rough vibratory power. I was reading that too and thinking that the truck didn't have the right gearing to support that motor, especially when it has to turn through a 727 automatic. Hell the v8 trucks are slow enough as it is.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 8, 2010

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.

trouser chili posted:

While we're talking IH, I'll take some time to pimp my own poo poo.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/1994330802.html

Asking $3,000 for this:

But the goon price is $2,500.

The connecting rod as an exhaust hanger is pure loving brilliance.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Even though I really don't need a winter beater, my buddy sent me a link to this lifted GL wagon and I have the terrible idea of picking it up...

quote:

I'm Selling my 1986 GL, It has a 4inch SJR lift, EJ22 Swap, ReDrilled Chevy Wheels with 27inch swampers. There is body damage from trips to Browns. I have everything you need for a rear disc swap, extra set of 14inch pug wheels. NASIOC price of $1500 OBO.

Click here for the full 1000x750 image.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Someone please talk some sense into me. I don't know why, but the idea of a lifted gl wagon with a less gutless motor sounds amazing. Also, having something bigger than my aw11 mr2 would be nice to have around, especially since I'm the one who is always hauling servers back and forth from our datacenter at work(try fitting more than 2 1u servers in a aw11).

Bonus shot I managed to find on the sellers photobucket. I wonder why he didn't include it in hist ad?

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

welp, that explains the dents on the passenger side. Also, side dump exhausts are always awesome :colbert:

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 8, 2010

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Negromancer posted:

Even though I really don't need a winter beater, my buddy sent me a link to this lifted GL wagon and I have the terrible idea of picking it up...

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Someone please talk some sense into me. I don't know why, but the idea of a lifted gl wagon with a less gutless motor sounds amazing. Also, having something bigger than my aw11 mr2 would be nice to have around, especially since I'm the one who is always hauling servers back and forth from our datacenter at work(try fitting more than 2 1u servers in a aw11).

Bonus shot I managed to find on the sellers photobucket. I wonder why he didn't include it in hist ad?

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

welp, that explains the dents on the passenger side. Also, side dump exhausts are always awesome :colbert:

If you don't buy that, i'm selling a kidney and picking it up. That's loving hilarious :v:

Il_Duce
Feb 26, 2010

Some enlightening and/or mildly entertaining text

Negromancer posted:

The green rims alone indicate you need to purchase this.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Negromancer posted:

Someone please talk some sense into me.

Why, you've decided not to buy it? Because buying that is the only sensible thing to do :colbert:

I'd buy it and enjoy every second of it. I'd probably park on the lawn at work too just so everyone who drove by could see it.

sacre
Jan 26, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

How can he even tell how much interest there is? Hearsay on the street? If people team up and flag it?

There's no way to contact him at all.

I was more responding to eddiewalker refering to the automated notification. Craigslist isn't very big where I am. I've used gumtree in the past and it lets you send a notice to the seller through the website, I just assumed the same thing would happen with cragislist.

edit: sorry to drag this from the last page - just didn't want you to think I'm an idiot :shobon:

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.

Negromancer posted:

I spotted that and considered it as well. When I ran it by my old lady she just rolled her eyes. Buy it and lets have a goon meet at my place so I can scare the poo poo out of her making her think I actually bought it.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

allonblack posted:

I spotted that and considered it as well. When I ran it by my old lady she just rolled her eyes. Buy it and lets have a goon meet at my place so I can scare the poo poo out of her making her think I actually bought it.

Well it looks like I might go ahead and pick this thing up, seeing as my mr2 was totaled just a few hours ago

Some rear end in a top hat oregon driver decided that he would just drive across second ave right in front of me. I was so close that there was nothing I could do but slam the brakes and hope I shaved off a bit of speed. Cops showed and up and determined it was completely his fault, as he had a stop sign and I did not. Luckily we were both pretty much OK. Anyone looking to swap suspension and a blacktop 20v into a mr2?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Negromancer posted:

Well it looks like I might go ahead and pick this thing up, seeing as my mr2 was totaled just a few hours ago

Some rear end in a top hat oregon driver decided that he would just drive across second ave right in front of me. I was so close that there was nothing I could do but slam the brakes and hope I shaved off a bit of speed. Cops showed and up and determined it was completely his fault, as he had a stop sign and I did not. Luckily we were both pretty much OK. Anyone looking to swap suspension and a blacktop 20v into a mr2?

Ah man that really sucks, sorry about your Mr2. That is the same way my Rx7 died. Getting that Ru should really ease the pain though.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Kylie Sven Opossum posted:

Ah man that really sucks, sorry about your Mr2. That is the same way my Rx7 died. Getting that Ru should really ease the pain though.

Yea, I am thinking more and more seriously about it. My buddys trying to get me to make the drive down from seattle tomorrow, but I dont know if I will be in any shape to be in a car for that long, let alone drive a new car all the way back. My back and neck are pretty unhappy with me right now. My main concern with the subaru is that the engine swap and suspension work have been done properly. From looking online a bit, it looks like the lift kit he used is a high quality one, and the motor swap is pretty common and really straight forward.

vvv yea I know, I just didn't want to deal with the ER, and the first opening my doctor has isn't till this afternoon, so I'm just waiting. I'm pretty sure this brought back a lot of the pain and damage that was caused when my last mr2 got totaled.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 8, 2010

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Yo seriously this might be a little off topic but if you have any back or neck pain and you haven't seen a doctor yet, you need to get on that poo poo ASAP.

Aodhan2003
May 6, 2009

rscott posted:

Yo seriously this might be a little off topic but if you have any back or neck pain and you haven't seen a doctor yet, you need to get on that poo poo ASAP.
Well yea. He needs the drugs to survive the drive to portland tomorrow. Lets go pick this thing up!

CatBus
May 12, 2001

Who wants a mustache ride?

PainterofCrap posted:

Paging CatBus...

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1963194340.html

PNG/weird compression?

Haha, maybe the pictures rusted out! Or maybe he couldn't get a good shot because "no rust/bondo" doesn't exist! It would be like getting a picture of a leprechaun.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/1995200000.html

I am really tempted to call him up and offer him a straight up trade for my '93 Camry.

stonewall
Jul 13, 2009
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1996739841.html

Click here for the full 1165x719 image.

He just wants his truck back. :(

In related news, I'd trade for that supra in a heartbeat. If nothing about it is glaringly awful, go for it.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Click here for the full 1773x600 image.

This is like 2 blocks away from my work, I might go look at it and take some more pictures because holy poo poo

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

rscott posted:

Click here for the full 1773x600 image.

This is like 2 blocks away from my work, I might go look at it and take some more pictures because holy poo poo

I thought it was a FWD Cougar and I about died. Not like the XR7 is any better.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
That was a pretty common kit, but it was almost always installed on Thunderbirds. IIRC, it went for like 4500 bucks. Lot of money to turn your car into a monstrosity.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

kimbo305 posted:

I guess we'd need to hear back from Viggen, but the last thing on a CL ad page is the do-not-solicit-me bullet point, which is in the image. If someone picks the see-below option for Reply To, they have to explicitly leave contact info in their ad.

Sorry guys - I've not really been following this thread. The post was later updated with contact information. I did some research on the seller, and they seem to have some magical way of finding half-restored cars and throwing them on craigslist.

I'm going to try to check out the Merc this next week; I just failed to grab a 900 convertible for $1200 which is already back on CL for $3500.

Viggen fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 9, 2010

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Viggen posted:

Sorry guys - I've not really been following this thread. The post was later updated with contact information. I did some research on the seller, and they seem to have some magical way of finding half-restored cars and throwing them on craigslist.

I'm going to try to check out the Merc this next week; I just failed to grab a 900 convertible for $1200 which is already back on CL for $3500.

Are they listed in the by owner or by dealer category?

Regardless, the guy may be violating your state's laws with regard to dealing cars and requiring a dealer license.

Look into it, maybe you can put an end to this poo poo.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
He's listing as by-owner, and there's quite a bit of leeway with that here and there. I don't really mind someone making a profit, but it does make wading through the pure-poo poo to the good cars a bit difficult. If the Merc's worth it, I don't think I'll complain too drat much.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Daniel J. Geduld posted:

Wouldn't the corsair be too old?

I see what you did there, nice

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

MrKatharsis posted:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/1995200000.html

I am really tempted to call him up and offer him a straight up trade for my '93 Camry.

Glad I'm lazy. :lol: follow up:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/1995444672.html

quote:

RE:Toyota Supra 1989-Don't Burn Your Gas To Look At This JUNKER!!!!!!! - $1500 (WaterTown Has Rods Knocking&It's JUNK!!!)

Date: 2010-10-08, 10:26AM CDT
Reply to: sale-byjt6-1995444672@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

If you want to throw away your gas money,then by all means go look at this JUNK this NASTY woman is trying to sell for 1500 that she JUST BOUGHT A FEW DAYS AGO FOR 600.00 from my cousin,and the reason he sold it so cheap is it has lower engine knocking that you can't hear UNTIL it's good and warm.Speaking of warn the heat and a/c does NOT work,AND it uses about 3 quarts of oil per 1000 miles(leaks&burns oil)..IT'S JUNK FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

RE: 1989 Toyota Supra-- Nosey and Crooked Posters

Date: 2010-10-08, 5:46PM CDT
Reply to: see below

I dont know either one of you, but if it was that big a piece of junk, then YOUR cousin should NOT have sold it to this NASTY woman, as you call her!!!!! Looks like YOUR cousin took advantage of her!!! Just a curious and concerned citizen!!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Is this gold? I don't know Porsches. :/ At least he posts a good ad. I hate the "car for sale, has engine, call?" minimal-effort ads.

Porsche 944 - 5 Speed, Leather, CD Player, 22+ MPG, GREAT CAR! - $3500

quote:

The time has come to part ways with my newest toy, a 1983 Porsche 944. It has the rare Brown leather interior. I purchased this car only a short time ago and I am already forced to see it go... I bought it to use as a commuter & "toy," but my business needs every penny I can invest in it to help it survive the quickly approaching winter season. I have priced the car for a quick sale. It really needs nothing but a new driver - Ive been using it as a daily driver and it gets an amazing 22-25mpg! In the short time I have owned it, I have installed a billet-racing short shifter, a new Porsche Cayman Shift knob, new brown leather shift boot, New brown OEM Dash Cap, all new brighter and longlife lightbulbs in the tail, tinted the orange rear blinkers to red, put new air-struts on the tailgate door, cleaned the K&N performance air filter, and have a subwoofer to throw in the trunk. It came pre-wired for a high quality system, and the previous owner had installed an aftermarket Panasonic CD player. There are two nice amps in the trunk, as well as a fancy digital crossover, etc. The Timing and Balance belts were done only 6000 miles ago. The car currently has 157k miles on it and runs very strong. It hasnt ever let me down! It has performace ceramic (low dust) brake pads on it. It has the rare factory rear-cargo cover. This is an awesome little car that I searched long and hard to find. I REALLY do not want to sell it. It is a solid turnkey driver, and would be perfect for ANYONE. This could be a teen's first car, or your Grandpa's weekend cruiser.

My plans for it if I dont sell and keep it - First and foremost, Paint and a new driver seat. The paint is 100% original - The car hasnt ever been in a wreck or needed any body or paint work (dont get me wrong, it does currently have a couple dents/dings in the 27 year-old panels), but the OEM clear bra has a ton of rock chips in it. I'd have the clear bra pulled off and the whole car painted. As far as the seats - the rears look brand new. The passenger seat is in fantastic shape, but the driver one has a split in the bottom seat pad cover. I would have replaced the seat already, but the brown leather interior is pretty hard to find. The center arm rest could be replaced, it has a little crack in the leather and a divet where your elbow would rest. Again, it's 27 years old. The A/C needs recharging.

I also have a few uninstalled things that go with the car:

* (working) used power antenna - The one thats on the car is stuck in the "out" position but the more I've investigated the issue the more I think that when the aftermarket radio went in, the antenna wasnt re-installed properly.

* A Car cover - this was from the previous owner who used it whenever the car was not going to be driven for any amount of time.

* A workshop manual on CD, as well as the Haynes Manual. The previous owner threw in a couple new OEM Oil filters, I changed the oil and used one 100 miles ago. One remains.

* 944 Turbo (style) rear air diffusers - painted primer black. I'll try to get these mounted ASAP!

* NEW performance Motor Mounts - There is a vibration (which is notorious on the 944's) which is due to worn out rubber on the mounts. I ordered them and they were on backorder... I should have them ANY day.

I can get pictures of the interior, engine, or anything else you'd like to see on the car, just ask. Im somewhat negotiable on the price ... but any low-ball offer will not get a response. If you are reading this ad the car is still for sale! Give me a call, text, or an email with any questions. Thanks!

Josh 541-350-2421

I just reduced the price from $3999 to $3500 to help aid a quick sale!!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/1978565710.html

Click here for the full 1280x821 image.

Porche Boxer engine, eh?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
That is a swap I would like to see.

Dielectric
May 3, 2010
NO HOMO.

http://racine.craigslist.org/mcy/2001748666.html

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Baby Hitler posted:

World Pac has everything, and if they don't maybe RockAuto or a model specific place can. I have so little issue with getting stuff for my Daihatsus that people don't believe me at all when I say I can get an axle in the same time as for an 89 Accord.

Tell me more about this world pac please.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Sounds like a very nice gentleman.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
But who put the sissy bar on it?

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Do I miss living in Racine, let me count the ways:

5. Wells Bros Pizza

No. It's not worth getting shot over pizza.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1968330324.html

Fresh two-tone paint, guys! NEEDS SEATS REDONE BAD!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
That car would be so at home in Tucson.