Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Today is a good day.

edit: Few more pictures.

gregday fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 5, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I don't know what got into me but I bought a Marvel Universe Skull Soldier today. If I ever buy another Marvel Universe figure it'll probably stay in the package...they're a lot more fun when you can't tell how flimsy they are. :( Is this just a "thin dudes" problem? Is Colossus/Thor any better?

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

:( Is this just a "thin dudes" problem? Is Colossus/Thor any better?

Something tempted me into buying a Hulkbuster from the Iron-Man line and I was rather unimpressed with the quality of it. The coloring was lame, the few painted parts of had errors all around it, random paint smudge on the crotch, etc.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

Is this just a "thin dudes" problem? Is Colossus/Thor any better?

I bought a Colossus and a Juggernaut, and they aren't bad. Juggernaut feels like a toy you would actually let a child play with! I got the Dark Wolverine/Dark Spiderman 2 pack that I thought was from the Universe line, and they seem really fragile and I'm kinda afraid to move them.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Bob Cthulhu posted:

I bought a Colossus and a Juggernaut, and they aren't bad. Juggernaut feels like a toy you would actually let a child play with! I got the Dark Wolverine/Dark Spiderman 2 pack that I thought was from the Universe line, and they seem really fragile and I'm kinda afraid to move them.

I think the part that irks me most is that my Skrull's left leg is twisted, and he has zero ability to twist his leg. So the poor little guy is just pigeon-toed forever.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

I was thinking, a House MD figure series by Hot Toys would be the coolest drat thing.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

You can pre-order through Amazon for $16 with free shipping if you go to the "other sellers" page. I don't know why Amazon doesn't give preference to itself in this case, but you can still pre-order from them. I just did it. :)

Thanks for the tip, Fish Of Doom! :cheers:

drat, sorry I missed wave 15 but I got all 4 of the wave 16 figures I wanted this way.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

drat, sorry I missed wave 15 but I got all 4 of the wave 16 figures I wanted this way.
Yeah, the only ones I cared about were Raven from wave 15 and Knightfall Batman from wave 16. Literally the only Batman comic I own is the Knightfall issue where Azrael tests out his new bat-suit and kicks Bane's rear end (and they derail a subway train or something), figured I'd get a proper action figure of that Batman costume.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Someone on the Spawn.com toy forums asked about the TRU exclusive Marvel Legends 2-packs that should be out soon. I had totally forgotten that those were coming out.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

The Rage posted:

Don't worry, Amazon always gets multiple shipments in. The first cases they get always go fast, but they'll get more. They still have certain wave 12 and 13 in stock.

In other wave 15 news, the quality control is out the window. Apparently 90% of Martian Manhunters have one gigantic bicep and one tiny one on opposite arms. And the Sinestro Batman have their legs glued to their waists.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 6, 2010

Suit and Tie
May 19, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Someone on the Spawn.com toy forums asked about the TRU exclusive Marvel Legends 2-packs that should be out soon. I had totally forgotten that those were coming out.

Hmmm these are going to cost me an arm and a leg to get to New Zealand, but my Hard-on For Brubaker's cap Run, and the impressive paint detailing shown in a youtube review, means I'll have to fork out.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah, the only ones I cared about were Raven from wave 15 and Knightfall Batman from wave 16. Literally the only Batman comic I own is the Knightfall issue where Azrael tests out his new bat-suit and kicks Bane's rear end (and they derail a subway train or something), figured I'd get a proper action figure of that Batman costume.

Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on one of the Batgirl/Azrael 2 packs they put awhile back, missed that completely. But Batzrael will do for now.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Checked my local TRU, no 2-packs. :(

They did have the new Tron Legacy toys though, I picked up the deluxe Clu and Kevin Flynn's lightcycle, they're both pretty kickass. They deluxe figures are huge (8+ inches tall) and they light up and stuff. The Sam Flynn and Clu ones also have light-up digital faces and say phrases from the movie and it's a really cool gimmick.

I'm a sucker for the old lightcycle design (I have the old 1982 yellow light cycle toy) and the new one is a cool "update" to it. It's not quite identical to the old 1982 design, but the packaging says it's the "1989 upgrade" which is why it's not exactly the same.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWIZr3aWT30&feature=recentf

1 Side of the 0
Jan 28, 2005

Hyper Viper Beam? No, this is just a gun. It shoots holes in people. Bang.

Xenomrph posted:

Grah. This still reminds me of when they first showed these and a Madrox and someone else was one of the possible 2 pacs.

Edit: Hmmm. I guess a Madrox and 2pac two pack WOULD be a good idea.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I was thinking, I don't care about Winter Soldier at all, but I definitely want that Black Widow figure. If anyone wants to go halvsies on that pack, it might make it easier for people to get what they want if they're just looking for 1 figure in the pack.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My local TRU is getting the Ghostbusters 4 pack in this week, so if its hitting here you might have a good chance to find it else where.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I have complained a few times about how the Masters of the Universe Classics line pales in comparison to the 200x line, but it occurred to me the other day that there was one toy in that old line I could never get into: Battle Cat. He's too small, the sculpting is a little boring, and the armor, while nicely detailed, just doesn't have that Battle Cat look.

On a whim, I decided to look for some pictures of the Classics version of Battle Cat, and I was surprised to find that it actually looks pretty freakin rad. I love the sculpt and the paint job, and it looks BIG. I'm reasonably sure that's the Battle Cat I want in my collection.

Here's my question: Does anybody here own both the 200x He-Man and the Classics Battle Cat (unpackaged) and would it be possible to snap me a picture of that He-Man riding that Battle Cat? I want to know if he actually fits on there before I pay whatever ridiculous price that toy will inevitably cost.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I don't own the new Battle Cat, but here's a comparison shot of him next to the 200x BC

http://www.411beanies.com/1capt/bc15.jpg

and both next to MOTUC figures:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a326/SentinelPrimal/a070a55a.jpg

and the 200x He-man and MOTUC He-man side by side

http://www.toplessrobot.com/motu_comparison.jpg

Looks the 200x He-man should fit on there fine, Battle Cat will just be quite large.

You may want to wait a bit though, apparently Mattel has said he will get a re-release before the year is over. (Although good luck even being able to order him.) But at least the prices on ebay will go down a bit (lowest I've seen is about $75 + Shipping)

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Thanks, that is helpful. It's comical how little that other Battle Cat looks next to the new one.

I will wait and see if they reissue him, since I can't really afford it right now anyway.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

There will be limited stock of Battle Cat on the Cyber Monday sale on Matty.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I like both the 200X and MOTC lines for different reasons. The charm of the poorly animated original show comes out in a lot of the MOTC figs but some of the 200x redesigns took kind of corny character (well, they're all corny) and made em bad rear end.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Yeah same ... they both have their share of problems. Where MOTUC added the much needed articulation, it falls a bit because of the really heavy reuse. 200x had a lot of problems with scale where certain larger characters were made small (like Whiplash) and it really took away from an awesome figure. Also the 200x females, when you compare them to the MOTUC are pretty sub par.

It's a give and take, but at least with the MOTUC approach now we are getting into a lot of characters we wanted to see, and some that never even came out. Gygor is such a badass gorilla.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Yeah, I feel the same way. I loved the 200x redesigns of most of the characters (Trap-Jaw and Hordak especially), but the scale problems and the fact that the line was cut short before alot of characters could be properly made sucks.

MOTUC on the other hand has good articulation, and a very good assortment of characters, but I liked the "updated" 200x designs much better. (imagine a 200x-style Skeletor in MOTUC scale, he would kick MOTUC's rear end, I hate the "vintage head" on him.), and I outright refuse to pay 20 + dollars for a single figure I can't even inspect the quality of, can't buy at a store, and may not even get the chance to order it. When I can get cool Alien, Predator, Terminator, Halo, G.I. Joe and other figures easily and as many as I want, it's just not worth the frustration and expense to get these guys, which is a shame, because at a decent price and decent availablity I would most definitely collect the MOTUC figs (same goes for the Ghost Busters figs too.)

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Some news about Green Lantern Classics Wave 2 from NYCC

Apparently, this wave'll have a three-pack of B'dg, Despotellis and Dex-Starr; I fully expect that to be impossible to find and cost a fortune on the secondary market. It's also got a pair (quartet?) of interchangeable figures; one for GLs, and more impressively, one for Red Lanterns, wherein one of the figures was designed by the Four Horsemen and will eventually show up in the comics with the godawful name of Night Lik (that would be the Predator-looking dude with the harness). Otherwise the line appears to have Sodam Yat, Carol Ferris, and a fuckawesome Stel; I pray the quality control on these improves from what the recent lines have been, to gently caress up a sculpt that sick with shoddy paint or poor joints would be a sin.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Want that evil cat.

Also, the secret figure is the movie version of G'hu

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fuckin finally get my hands on a Gentleman Ghost:

New Wal-Mart only 2 packs.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Has anyone ever found decent 3rd party stands for Marvel Universe figures? Not even blu-tac can save some of these guys...

In the non-complaints department, I'm really liking a lot of them since buying a few more. Juggernaut and Colossus are awesome, and the Doom/Wasp/Absorbing man 2-pack is great.

One thing that really puzzles me is how some figures get a ton of effort/goodies, and others get none. Archangel gets his bigass wings, Kitty gets Lockheed, Absorbing Man gets a ball and chain...meanwhile, Spider-man is sans webbing, Iceman and Firestorm get no "beams" to shoot, and I picked up an Electro just to steal his lightning bolts for Storm. The sculpts really vary too-- sometimes they are flat-out better than Marvel Legends (Nightcrawler), other times they are sub-Secret Wars (Iceman). It's a weird weird line.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Picked up the ginormous Galactus Marvel Universe figure today. He is truly magnificent. Substantially swankier than the old Marvel Legends BAF version.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cross-posting from CineD:

For those interested in the Tron Legacy toys, looks like someone at DisneyStore.com hosed up, because they're selling the Sam Flynn new lightcycle and Kevin Flynn classic lightcycle for $5.00 a pop. They're normally $20 and $15 at retail.

Whoops! :downs:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I'm looking at some of the Marvel busts. I used to think it was strange that so many of these have been made, but I had to admit some of them were pretty well done. I kind of want to get one to sit on top of my movie collection. Does anyone have any experience using a certain site to order from that has competitive prices, but doesn't kill you on shipping?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Xenomrph posted:

Cross-posting from CineD:

For those interested in the Tron Legacy toys, looks like someone at DisneyStore.com hosed up, because they're selling the Sam Flynn new lightcycle and Kevin Flynn classic lightcycle for $5.00 a pop. They're normally $20 and $15 at retail.

Whoops! :downs:

Placed an order for both in case its legit, used Paypal so they can't try to charge me more if they later raise the price.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

Has anyone ever found decent 3rd party stands for Marvel Universe figures? Not even blu-tac can save some of these guys...

http://www.collectingwarehouse.com/...nMlvQFDFQlsXC6y!-383103291

Any of the ones that fit newer star wars figure will fit MU as well.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

If anyone else is getting them, most online retailers have NECA's Predators Series 2 up for Preorder. Series 2 includes Tracker Predator, unmasked Berserker Predator, and Cracked-Mask Battle Damaged Classic Predator.

I'm definitely getting the BD Classic for the newly sculpted open right hand, and I'll probably pick up the Tracker Pred too. If I see him in person I may pick up Berserker, but I'm not really a fan of his unmasked look, so I may skip him.

Series 3 out next year is a big one though... Masked P1, P2 Elder Predator and the Pred Hound.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm not going to bother pre-ordering the 'Predators' figures. I pre-ordered the Falconer one from series 1 back in July and I STILL haven't gotten it. Meanwhile there's about 60 of them for sale on eBay right this second for competitive prices. gently caress, I found one at TRU a couple days ago. I picked it up because the wait on my "pre-order" was getting retarded. I pre-prdered from TFAW.com, and I can't cancel my pre-order. They insist they'll get the figures restocked soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Definitely not making that mistake again. I know I'll be able to find series 2 and 3 on eBay for close to retail price.

I only care about the Tracker Pred from series 2, but I want to get all of series 3.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I'm not going to bother pre-ordering the 'Predators' figures. I pre-ordered the Falconer one from series 1 back in July and I STILL haven't gotten it. Meanwhile there's about 60 of them for sale on eBay right this second for competitive prices. gently caress, I found one at TRU a couple days ago. I picked it up because the wait on my "pre-order" was getting retarded. I pre-prdered from TFAW.com, and I can't cancel my pre-order. They insist they'll get the figures restocked soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Definitely not making that mistake again. I know I'll be able to find series 2 and 3 on eBay for close to retail price.

I only care about the Tracker Pred from series 2, but I want to get all of series 3.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on a Classic from TFAW. Keep an eye on ToysRus.com. They wait until the last minute to put them up, but I ended up getting the whole set plus free shipping from them, and at $15 each (they upped the price a few days later). They sold out of Classic pretty quick, but I managed to snag one at least.

I'm not sure what happened with series 1, it seems TRU got them in very early (and in pretty decent amounts) and other places got a very small initial shipment, (if at all, BBTS still hasn't even gotten them in even once).

I can deal with the problems like this on series 2, the only one I need to have is BD Classic, but with series 3 Masked Pred is sure to be a HUGE seller and Elder should be pretty in-demand too. Hopefully by then NECA will see the demand and those guys will be plentiful and available everywhere.

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 12, 2010

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I got the Marvel Universe Iron Patriot today and while he looks pretty cool, he feels really greasy. Did any of the Iron Mn have this problem?

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
So I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find a DC Superheroes Series 8 Batman (Black and Gray) from about 2 years or so ago. - Pictured http://www.oafe.net/poe/art/dcsh8bat1.jpg

Anyone happen to know of any place to find such an item? Loose is even acceptable.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 12, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The Toys R Us exclusive Ghostbuster 2 4-packs are out. I picked one up yesterday and it looks great. Not to happy about the price, but it's cheaper than getting all 4 guys from Mattycollector or Ebay