Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

cheese-cube posted:

Pretty psyched over this amazing lineup.

Breakage should be pretty solid and worth admission alone imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brathering
Sep 26, 2007

ducky ducky duck duck
sick tune is sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJ7Wb-PyOw

also, matrix & futurebound turning a godawful song into a gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYnwi3eZV4M

taafis
Dec 1, 2008

keep it nappy or braided up dirty in the cockpit, blazin' up
nightlife 5 is out now on beatport

Mr.
Nov 4, 2009
It's probably been posted before but i'm gonna risk it with something this epic.

S.P.Y. - By Your Side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta9I7rPdVEY

Yes. Please.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

taafis posted:

nightlife 5 is out now on beatport

this.

Go listen to this.

Right loving now.

brathering
Sep 26, 2007

ducky ducky duck duck
guys, I ask myself what kind of subgenre this track would be:

http://soundcloud.com/mattixandfutile/mattix-futile-rising-up-remastered-aim-mattixandfutile

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

brathering posted:

guys, I ask myself what kind of subgenre this track would be:

http://soundcloud.com/mattixandfutile/mattix-futile-rising-up-remastered-aim-mattixandfutile

dancefloor liquid funk.

Unfortunately, this sounds like the stuff Netsky is putting out and doesn't really catch my ear at all.

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

chrix posted:

dancefloor liquid funk.

Unfortunately, this sounds like the stuff Netsky is putting out and doesn't really catch my ear at all.

I like it, but at the same time, I see what you're saying.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

chrix posted:

dancefloor liquid funk.

Yeah all tunes like this sound pretty similar but if you like it, you love it I've found... I like "poppy" liquid like recent Netsky and stuff because it sounds good and its catchy and poo poo. But none of it is as memorable as more unique tracks ofcourse.

Anyways, I like Netsky's recent stuff but his old stuff like Memory Lane and Everyday is definitely "better". actually.... eyes closed. Holy poo poo what a tune.

That song that was linked is awesome btw. Mattix and Futile are doing it big lately.

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 6, 2010

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
Wow Nightlife 5 is good. Really good.

Iraff
Dec 29, 2008

someone tell me I'm not crazy. I swear there used to be a youtube channel that uploaded a bunch of pretty good liquid, and the image for each video was a still of bright red lips on a pure red background. does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

Iraff posted:

someone tell me I'm not crazy. I swear there used to be a youtube channel that uploaded a bunch of pretty good liquid, and the image for each video was a still of bright red lips on a pure red background. does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/user/jsaltzz

:)

Dr. Goonstein
May 31, 2008

Great addition to UFK Drum & Bass! Thanks!

Danny Byrd's got a kickin' sweet remix of Swedish House Mafia's latest tune, "Miami 2 Ibiza"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfucQBCabA

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Dr. Goonstein posted:

Great addition to UFK Drum & Bass! Thanks!

Danny Byrd's got a kickin' sweet remix of Swedish House Mafia's latest tune, "Miami 2 Ibiza"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfucQBCabA

That is a Tinie Tempah track with Swedish House Mafia guesting.

butch thumperton
Jun 30, 2003
New Noisia out this week and it's pretty tasty

VSN009
A: Noisia & Ed Rush & Optical - Brain Bucket
B: Noisia & Spor - Falling Through

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

butch thumperton posted:

VSN009

It's alright, not quite my style, though.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

butch thumperton posted:

VSN009

Soundchecked with Falling Through before Notting Hill Carnival, it was beastly.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008
Brain Bucket has really grown on me. I've always liked Falling Through...I actually prefer listening to it than dancing to it, funnily enough.

Dr. Goonstein
May 31, 2008

Mike_V posted:

That is a Tinie Tempah track with Swedish House Mafia guesting.

Well Swedish House Mafia did the instrumental, and there are very few vocals in the track... Either way. I am digging the Byrd's remix of it.

And I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into Noisia. I suppose Falling Through isn't bad, but I can't really get into the darker stuff like that and Evol Intent.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Dr. Goonstein posted:

And I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into Noisia.

If I had to describe what it is, drum and bass is a genre where it's extremely important to control your build ups and breaks and know how to use the energy in the song. Noisia doesn't do a very good job of that at all.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Dr. Goonstein posted:

Well Swedish House Mafia did the instrumental, and there are very few vocals in the track... Either way. I am digging the Byrd's remix of it.

And I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into Noisia. I suppose Falling Through isn't bad, but I can't really get into the darker stuff like that and Evol Intent.

The Danny Byrd remix is sick.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

Dr. Goonstein posted:

Zahi posted:

If I had to describe what it is, drum and bass is a genre where it's extremely important to control your build ups and breaks and know how to use the energy in the song. Noisia doesn't do a very good job of that at all.

Genuinely the only two people who like d&b who don't like Noisia that I've ever come across. No matter how much I might disagree, I guess it's good to see some differing opinions :)

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

Zahi posted:

When it comes to Noisia doing Drum & Bass, I like when they do stuff like "Stigma" or "Creep Out"...but when they do poo poo like this "Brain Bucket" track they put out...they lose me.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

Riot.EXE posted:

When it comes to Noisia doing Drum & Bass, I like when they do stuff like "Stigma" or "Creep Out"...but when they do poo poo like this "Brain Bucket" track they put out...they lose me.

So you like the big tear-out numbers but not the heads-down stompers. I love both, but they have to be played at the right time really. They have very different places in a set.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Anae posted:

So you like the big tear-out numbers but not the heads-down stompers. I love both, but they have to be played at the right time really. They have very different places in a set.

And it's one of Noisia's strengths that their production is top notch in all styles of bass music, even if the actual sound isn't your cup of tea.

On that subject, I've seen Block Control doing the rounds again in some sets recently. It's incredible how much it goes off when the drop comes in.

Dr. Goonstein
May 31, 2008

Anae posted:

Genuinely the only two people who like d&b who don't like Noisia that I've ever come across. No matter how much I might disagree, I guess it's good to see some differing opinions :)

Haha. Well I'm sure they have a couple songs I would like. I just haven't found them yet.

Netsky has an Essential Mix on Radio 1 tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as Danny's was. Oh and get Nightlife 5 if you haven't. It seriously is the best.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009
http://soundcloud.com/octane-dlr/octane-dlr-dnb-movement-podcast-october-2010

01. Octane & DLR - Lost in Walrus VIP
02. Octane, DLR & Survival - Untitled
03. Cern & Menace - Schemer
04. Ulterior Motive & Jubei - Snoretooth
05. Optiv, BTK & Presence Known - Crawler
06. Dabs & Mayhem - Blackmore
07. EBK - Clouds
08. Octane, DLR & Subterra feat. Gusto - Red Mist
09. Subterra & Dekko - Eclipse
10. Bazil - Converge
11. Cern - Double Down
12. Optiv & BTK - Jacknife
13. Sidechain - Grotesque
14. Mindmapper & Fre4knc - Heliocentric
15. Skeptical - Be The One
16. BTK - Unknown
17. Raiden & Meth - The Bob Nudd Project
18. Sidechain - Dick Chainey
19. Villem - Splinter In Your Mind
20. Teknik & Cern - Wasabi
21. EBK - Mud
22. Total Science, S.P.Y & Lenzman - Narrow Margin
23. Lynx feat. Kemo - Keep It Low
24. Octane, DLR & Survival - Transition
25. Octane & DLR - The Fly
26. Phobia feat. LKP - Back Again
27. DLR - Cohiba

Brilliant production start to finish.

Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009

Anae posted:

I'm not terribly fond of Noisia either. They have some great tracks, however Split the Atom is a mishmash of inconsistency from start to finish and that really colors my view of them as not too great.

Auspex
Dec 21, 2005
Many Bothans died to bring us this information

Neurophonic posted:

http://soundcloud.com/octane-dlr/octane-dlr-dnb-movement-podcast-october-2010

01. Octane & DLR - Lost in Walrus VIP
02. Octane, DLR & Survival - Untitled
03. Cern & Menace - Schemer
04. Ulterior Motive & Jubei - Snoretooth
05. Optiv, BTK & Presence Known - Crawler
06. Dabs & Mayhem - Blackmore
07. EBK - Clouds
08. Octane, DLR & Subterra feat. Gusto - Red Mist
09. Subterra & Dekko - Eclipse
10. Bazil - Converge
11. Cern - Double Down
12. Optiv & BTK - Jacknife
13. Sidechain - Grotesque
14. Mindmapper & Fre4knc - Heliocentric
15. Skeptical - Be The One
16. BTK - Unknown
17. Raiden & Meth - The Bob Nudd Project
18. Sidechain - Dick Chainey
19. Villem - Splinter In Your Mind
20. Teknik & Cern - Wasabi
21. EBK - Mud
22. Total Science, S.P.Y & Lenzman - Narrow Margin
23. Lynx feat. Kemo - Keep It Low
24. Octane, DLR & Survival - Transition
25. Octane & DLR - The Fly
26. Phobia feat. LKP - Back Again
27. DLR - Cohiba

Brilliant production start to finish.

This is literally one of the fattest mixes I have ever heard. Octane and DLR are the future...

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

Anae posted:

Something like that...but that's strictly talkin' about Noisia.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

On the topic of Noisia, nothing I heard of theirs really grabbed me before Split The Atom. That's one of my favorite drum-n-bass albums now.

I should probably go back and listen to their earlier stuff now, though. I might get more into it after getting into Split The Atom so much.

brathering
Sep 26, 2007

ducky ducky duck duck

zeldadude posted:

Yeah all tunes like this sound pretty similar but if you like it, you love it I've found... I like "poppy" liquid like recent Netsky and stuff because it sounds good and its catchy and poo poo. But none of it is as memorable as more unique tracks ofcourse.

Anyways, I like Netsky's recent stuff but his old stuff like Memory Lane and Everyday is definitely "better". actually.... eyes closed. Holy poo poo what a tune.

That song that was linked is awesome btw. Mattix and Futile are doing it big lately.

its still my favorite, even though I get tired of tunes pretty fast

@chrix - thanks for the info

btw (I only got into dnb about two years ago) - why do they play mostly beat-heavy stuff (or even jungle) at clubs? I like the melodic tunes and just beats gets boring real fast :(

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Got the new Danny Byrd album.. it's ok.. not amazing though. Better than Fresh's newest album though.

Only a few weeks, and I'm off to see the kings of NZ DnB, Shapeshifter at Shepherd's Bush Empire in London. Cant frickin' wait!

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Jamsta posted:

Got the new Danny Byrd album.. it's ok.. not amazing though. Better than Fresh's newest album though.

Only a few weeks, and I'm off to see the kings of NZ DnB, Shapeshifter at Shepherd's Bush Empire in London. Cant frickin' wait!

Album is pretty good man, the full version of Failsafe and Tonight are really really good imho.

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum
Saw John B last night and he played a killer set. Kinda heavy on the stupid modern trendy facefuck-you-with-bass 2/4 (is it 2/4? man i don't know how music works get off my dick) tracks though, I wish he played more jungly or his electroey style stuff...

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Anae posted:

Yeah man and as long as you give something a good honest try, that's all that matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aU_umv0sjg&feature=related

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

That track right there is pleasantly old school.

Iraff
Dec 29, 2008

aha! thanks so much, this has been killing me.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Dr. Goonstein posted:

I absolutely love this track. Keep up the awesome work on it. Give it a cool ending and you are set. I love seeing you post new tracks, so it is awesome by me if you keep it up.

That Grafix song is pretty drat good too.

Finished it!

http://soundcloud.com/navidnb/navi-like-a-kite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Here is a set I did about four weeks ago, archive of it just went up this weekend:

Harry Ransom - Live on Dirtbox Radio (DBR# 434 - 19-SEP-2010)
download: http://www.dirtboxradio.com/mp3/DirtboxRadio-20100919-1-Ransom.mp3

Tracklist:

01. Zero T & Ulterior Motive - "Breach" (Subtitles)
02. Alix Perez - "Behind Time" (Shogun Audio)
03. Vicious Circle & Nocturnal - "Operation Index" (Revolution Recordings)
04. Engage - "Above The Clouds" (Invisible)
05. System - "Peach Fuzz" (Exit Records)
06. Ulterior Motive - "2098" (Subtitles)
07. Optiv - "Deviant" (Bad Taste Recordings)
08. Hive & John Tejada - "Ambush" (Commercial Suicide)
09. Optive - "Gazala (Borderliner Remix)" (Red Light Digital)
10. Cern - "Lucid State" (Critical Recordings)
11. Octane & DLR - "Back In The Grind" (Dispatch Recordings)
12. Mindscape & Solarcube - "Stand Your Ground" (Subtitles)
13. Vicious Circle - "Condors" (Quarantine Recordings)
14. Cause4Concern - "Something Else (Break Remix)" (Cause4Concern Limited)
15. Borderline - "Informed" (Red Light Digital)
16. Silent Witness & Break - "ABTN" (Triple Seed)
17. Nymfo - "Bionic Fingers" (Commercial Suicide)
18. Fracture & Neptune - "Tape Frog" (Astrophonica)
19. Octane & DLR - "The Walrus" (Dispatch Recordings)
20. Zero T, Icicle & Steo - "Go 4 Yours" (C.I.A. Recordings)
21. Code 3 - "Response Call" (Exit Records)
22. Alix Perez - "Menacing Ways" (Shogun Audio)
23. Spectrasoul - "Absentis" (Shogun Audio)
24. Photek - "Knitevision" (Science)

And I'll have another mix up tomorrow, a set I just played on Expansion Broadcast.