Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I hope that horrible director is back on Storm Chasers, and his lovely TIV breaks every episode. And Reed Timmer does incredibly stupid and dangerous things that piss off legitimate scientists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

FogHelmut posted:

I hope that horrible director is back on Storm Chasers, and his lovely TIV breaks every episode. And Reed Timmer does incredibly stupid and dangerous things that piss off legitimate scientists.

I hope Reed manages to become to Storm Chasers what Kenny was to South Park. Just decapitated by flying debris or rolling cars every single episode.

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.
Just read about Deadliest Catch. It was one of my favorite shows, but with Phil dead and the Time Bandit and Northwestern gone, that just leaves Captain Dipshit on the Wizard and a fleet comprised of the fifth boat they always throw in as an after thought and that no one cares about. Time to remove the old girl from the DVR.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
This past season's given me a lot more respect for Keith, but yeah, he's not enough to keep me watching.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This past season's given me a lot more respect for Keith, but yeah, he's not enough to keep me watching.

Surely you want to tune in for another season of, "Man these greenhorns are always so terrible and always quit on us... it's definitely not my insane abrasiveness that causes it, though!" with Keith, right?

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.
I respected Keith a lot more in previous seasons. Last couple years, though, he's just throwing people off his boat and setting pots in other boats lanes. And what's his big drama? Will he quit chewing for his daughter???

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Surreal moment of my weekend: Channel surfing and finding the DualSaw infomercial Billy and Sully did on Pitchmen last season.

I guess it's selling well if that same informational is being carried on networks. Good for its inventor.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

iastudent posted:

Surreal moment of my weekend: Channel surfing and finding the DualSaw infomercial Billy and Sully did on Pitchmen last season.

I guess it's selling well if that same informational is being carried on networks. Good for its inventor.

I see Jupiter Jack or whatever all the time. I still can't believe people would buy it.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

iastudent posted:

I actually saw a huge display of DualSaws at Costco this weekend. I was tempted to buy one to check it out, but they were (I think) $60 so I didn't.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

The Human Cow posted:

I actually saw a huge display of DualSaws at Costco this weekend. I was tempted to buy one to check it out, but they were (I think) $60 so I didn't.

How comparable is that price to your average electric hand saw? For that price it doesn't seem too bad and it looks small enough to stuff in my rinky-dink toolbox (I'm woefully underequipped when it comes to power tools).

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Mythbusters is back!

Tonight: Hair of the Dog
On this episode of Mythbusters, we're testing two shaggy-dog tales that both put our crime-fighting canines to the ultimate test.

Next Week: Storm Chasing Myths
This special episode of MythBusters is quite literally a perfect storm. That's because Adam and Jamie are putting Tornados to the test, and joining them for this special episode are none other than The Storm Chasers - Reed Timmer and Sean Casey.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Next week is going to be a clusterfuck. I want to see crossovers with Bear Grylls. Tory breaking his face on a glacier. Also, Mythbusters testing all of the Pitchmen's products.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

FogHelmut posted:

Also, Mythbusters testing all of the Pitchmen's products.

whoa whoa whoa...this I could actually get behind.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

FogHelmut posted:

Also, Mythbusters testing all of the Pitchmen's products.

Didn't Mythbusters do an episode on those teeth cleaning strips that they couldn't air due to advertising considerations?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Didn't Mythbusters do an episode on those teeth cleaning strips that they couldn't air due to advertising considerations?
Yeah, I think it was something like that.

Unfortunately those kinds of episodes will either never get made, or never air, because the network can't afford to piss off their sponsors.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, this is kind of a sucky episode. This is one of those things where I'm really doubting they'd show if you actually could beat them anyway.

Although the fish thing looks like it would at least have given Jamie some much needed time.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

They always hid the scent item low to the ground. What would happen if they hid the item on one of the top shelves or on top of one of the vehicles? It would be harder for the dog to incidentally pass close by, and I've seen information suggesting scent dogs have trouble smelling up high.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

XK posted:

They always hid the scent item low to the ground. What would happen if they hid the item on one of the top shelves or on top of one of the vehicles? It would be harder for the dog to incidentally pass close by, and I've seen information suggesting scent dogs have trouble smelling up high.

Maybe, but the real world drug and bomb scenarios involve stuff hidden in suitcases and the like, not just scattered around a room.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

XK posted:

Maybe I missed something, but I thought what they did was go find something that the suspect wore recently and held it up to the dogs nose?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

BonoMan posted:

Maybe I missed something, but I thought what they did was go find something that the suspect wore recently and held it up to the dogs nose?

I was talking specifically about when they were looking for the contraband in the envelope.

Universe Master posted:

Maybe, but the real world drug and bomb scenarios involve stuff hidden in suitcases and the like, not just scattered around a room.

House and vehicle searches are also fairly common scenarios.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
With the fish bait thing, Jamie probably could have escaped if he didn't have to sit and wait for the dog to find him. The dog got so distracted he could have made it pretty far.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

XK posted:

I was talking specifically about when they were looking for the contraband in the envelope.

Oh I'm retarded. I knew I had missed something.

C0lin
Jul 12, 2005
Did anyone catch the titties on American Chopper tonight? I know it's on TLC, but this is where it SHOULD be.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sig and the Hillstrands are back on Deadliest Catch, according to TMZ.

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.

Timby posted:

Sig and the Hillstrands are back on Deadliest Catch, according to TMZ.

Saw this, did my happy dance.

Captain Kickass
Jan 12, 2007

by angerbeet

Aatrek posted:

Mythbusters is back!

Tonight: Hair of the Dog
On this episode of Mythbusters, we're testing two shaggy-dog tales that both put our crime-fighting canines to the ultimate test.

Next Week: Storm Chasing Myths
This special episode of MythBusters is quite literally a perfect storm. That's because Adam and Jamie are putting Tornados to the test, and joining them for this special episode are none other than The Storm Chasers - Reed Timmer and Sean Casey.

Tonight's episode will be deicated to Mythbuster EMT Sanjay who died this week.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

fishmaster17 posted:

Tonight's episode will be deicated to Mythbuster EMT Sanjay who died this week.
What happened to him?

Captain Kickass
Jan 12, 2007

by angerbeet

hall n oates mom posted:

What happened to him?

Nothing official yet but word is that he died while on a trip with friends, so it could be anything.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
Aren't real scientists pissed of at the antics of the Storm Chasers?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

MadScientistWorking posted:

Aren't real scientists pissed of at the antics of the Storm Chasers?

Yes.

This Mythbusters crossover is stupid already.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

FogHelmut posted:

Yes.

This Mythbusters crossover is stupid already.
I'll be honest. I am actually pretty disappointed in them. They are actually staunch supporters of science and well I wonder if they actually knew how stupid the crossover is. Also, can you actually link to any sort of articles about the Storm Chasers? I'm actually interesting in reading about their idiotic antics.
EDIT:
Omg...... It just got stupider. They forgot to lock the door.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 14, 2010

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

What sort of science does driving a tank into a tornado produce?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'll be honest. I am actually pretty disappointed in them. They are actually staunch supporters of science and well I wonder if they actually knew how stupid the crossover is. Also, can you actually link to any sort of articles about the Storm Chasers? I'm actually interesting in reading about their idiotic antics.
EDIT:
Omg...... It just got stupider. They forgot to lock the door.

They're not busting myths, they're just pimping Stormchasers. It's retarded.

Reed Timmer hatestation http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2711927239/m/68619652301

Here's his youtube channel so you can see him acting dramatic http://www.youtube.com/user/TornadoVideosdotnet

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

EXTREME METEOROLOGIST has me laughing. Isn't that Reed kid's goal just to pimp that one website he runs?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Hey yeah that's great they both more or less survived. What about debris mr "Extreme meterologist?"

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

"And after the spoilers, I thought I'd paint this racing stripe on it to make it look snazzy."

Adam is retarded. Just make the device itself the wing.

edit - Jamie figured it out.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 14, 2010

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Universe Master posted:

Inexplicable ratings.

Is this gimmick episode as bad as I'm thinking it is? (I hate Storm Chasers)

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

Universe Master posted:

None.
Poor Sanjay.:(

IRQ posted:

Inexplicable ratings.

Ehhhh...... The car part was retarded but then again them building a tornado shield is classic Mythbusters.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

None.
Poor Sanjay.:(

Ehhhh...... The car part was retarded but then again them building a tornado shield is classic Mythbusters.

That Sanjay thing was kinda weird. They showed him then like a second later they went to commercial and said he was dead. I agree, the car thing was dumb. The tornado shield is decent. I think it should be longer to cover the legs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

Inexplicable ratings.

Its pretty bad. People think the build team mugging is bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.

I'm assuming Adam and Jamie were okay with this episode because its basically zero effort on their side.

• Locked thread