Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That's it. We're drawing straws to see who's going to assassinate George.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I really liked the Y-Wing in the old flight sim games. Mainly because the laser canons were side by side so I could take down TIE fighters in one shot.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I don't understand why they don't make a Wedge Game. Like where you wake up and you're Wedge and do you daily things. It'd be like the Sims but you also have space combat. And then you gently caress a Bothan.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Angry Midwesterner posted:

Well at least we now have gender equality for humans loving goat/dog things.

You should have seen the look on my face when the audio book filled my ears with the description of their...relationship.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

You should have seen the look on my face when the audio book filled my ears with the description of their...relationship.

I've only read up through Abyss. Who dropped this bombshell? I want to blame it on Denning but man, Aaron Allston just looks like a furry...

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Ringo Star Get posted:

I don't understand why they don't make a Wedge Game. Like where you wake up and you're Wedge and do you daily things. It'd be like the Sims but you also have space combat. And then you gently caress a Bothan.
Wedge never hosed a goat. He hosed a spy. Biggs' reject cousin or whatever is the goatfucker.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

First a guy who was at least old enough to be her father, now this?

Daala has, ah...unusual tastes in men. :raise:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Daala has also hosed some random senator and Boba Fett. You wish I were kidding.

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007

arioch posted:

Daala has also hosed some random senator and Boba Fett. You wish I were kidding.

Seriously? Boba Fett?

I don't know why but everytime anything even remotely sexual happens in Star Wars it creeps me out. Even Luke and Mara.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Boba Fett never hosed Daala, Traviss got canned before that could happen.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
Well there goes my badass bothan Admiral... What about Tahiri? Does her character get any redemption? Here character went way south during the LotF series.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's just wonderful amounts of trial drama :barf: involving Tahiri. Somehow Kyp gets away with killing an entire star system but Tahiri has to go to trial for killing a main character (One of the best characters mind you).

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Wedge never hosed a goat. He hosed a spy. Biggs' reject cousin or whatever is the goatfucker.

Wedge did gently caress a bird though. And he did it at least three years before any goat-loving was underway.

Then they had the first mutual breakup in Star Wars history.

You heard it here first, Jerry Seinfeld is Wedge IRL. I guess that means Luke is George Costanza.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
No I think Costanza would be Hobbie and Wes would be Kramer. That'd make Dlarit Elaine right?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Chairman Capone posted:

I saw a guy getting out of a car covered in Mandalorian insignia and Traviss language poo poo.

Do you live in Los Angeles? Because I've seen a car that was literally 100% plastered in Mandalorian poo poo too.

I just finished reading Allegiance, and it was OK. I want to fantasy bone mara jade but then again I don't wanna gently caress with her boyfriend!!

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/31286781/p5

When it comes to realizing what terrible bullshit the EU is, they always miss the forest for the trees.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
A novel? of the game?

I can see it now.

Starkiller does some wicked poo poo, copy and pasted several hundred times.

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

We are Fulham, super Fulham, we are Fulham, fuck Ch*lsea.

SeanBeansShako posted:

A novel? of the game?

I can see it now.

Starkiller does some wicked poo poo, copy and pasted several hundred times.

This was how the first game's novel played out. It was really terrible. I'm hoping they learned some lessons though. Sean Williams is a decent author - I really enjoyed his TOR tie-in book. I'll give it a try because I'm a slut for everything Star Wars, but my expectations will be naturally modest.

When they did the Shadows of the Empire project they worked it really well. The book followed the main characters, the game followed Dash Rendar, and the comics followed the bounty hunters. So there was overlap but one was never an adaptation of the other. I've read they did this with TFUII comic, so maybe the novelisation will go off on its own route a bit also.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The first TFU book was really awful, but I read it anyway because I am a big dumby. This is my relationship with Star Wars.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Question: Why does Vader chill out in a metal box on his ship?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I don't know the specifics but I believe Vader's lungs were hosed up when he lost the duel with Obi Wan. He has to have a breather most the time but in the sphere he can breath like it's an oxygen tent. It's also a cool way to introduce a mysterious recurring villain at the beginning of a movie.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

You decide:

Versus

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I actually kind of like that one a lot better than the Padme one. Plus Zombie Mace Windu with hands gently caress yeah!

DougieFFC
Mar 19, 2004

We are Fulham, super Fulham, we are Fulham, fuck Ch*lsea.
Poor Darth :smith:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

SeanBeansShako posted:

I actually kind of like that one a lot better than the Padme one. Plus Zombie Mace Windu with hands gently caress yeah!

But why is his lightsaber red?

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
And why is Yoda there?

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

For that matter, why is Darth Maul there?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Der Luftwaffle posted:

And why is Yoda there?

I'm pretty sure Vader didn't know he's alive at the time. They're not real ghosts.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Torael_7 posted:

For that matter, why is Darth Maul there?

That's Eeth Koth. I'm pretty sure most of the zombies are the jedi council from Phantom.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Der Luftwaffle posted:

And why is Yoda there?

It's Yaddle. You can tell it's her because of her long hair.

Also that picture is amazing and I love it forever.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Mister Roboto posted:

You decide:

"Lost the will to live? What kind of poo poo is that?! This is terrible writing."

Even Vader can't fathom Lucas :v:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Mister Roboto posted:

You decide:

If I was banging Natalie Portman and she died I'd be pretty torn up too.

great job killing your nuke-hot girlfriend Vader

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rough Lobster posted:

If I was banging Natalie Portman and she died I'd be pretty torn up too.

great job killing your nuke-hot girlfriend Vader

He just watches Hotel Chevalier on loop.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

mojo1701a posted:

But why is his lightsaber red?

Everyone's lightsaber is red...IN HELL.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I like the random wookiee jedi inserted before the great jedi wookiee ban.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
I think a better question is why Vader's helm has to be put on him like that if he can clearly hold his own head.

Originally, I always thought his limbs were so damaged and the armor so restrictive he couldn't raise his arms past the shoulderpads...

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Mister Roboto posted:

I think a better question is why Vader's helm has to be put on him like that if he can clearly hold his own head.

Originally, I always thought his limbs were so damaged and the armor so restrictive he couldn't raise his arms past the shoulderpads...

He's just lazy, is all. You get used to moving poo poo with your mind, and suddenly actually reaching up and putting on a hat seems like soooo much effort.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Mister Roboto posted:

Darth McCain?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

arioch posted:

Darth McCain?
Obi-Wan never told you about the time I was captured and brutally tortured for months at a time while he and the liberal elite were busy playing ski-ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

My friend, did Obi-Wan ever told you about the time I was captured and brutally tortured for months at a time while he and the liberal elite were busy playing ski-ball?
Fixed.